cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/5952406887.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5948332706.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is the Ninja 300 a meme or is it actually a good starter bike?

First for best baiku

No one ever said it's a bad starter bike. It's just wayyyyyy too overpriced for what it is. You get the same experience from a $1500 Ninja 250

>meme
>good starter bike

(best starter bike is any bike with ABS)

I wasn't entirely serious about getting another bike, but now I am pretty intrigued with an unrestricted R6. I'll have to look around and research more about derestricting them. Thanks user.

The 06+ R6's also come with a huge muffIer/cat box under the bike that weighs a ton. But at the same time the previous generation header fits the bikes with a little modification.

So people do the "05 header mod" where they buy an 05 and earlier or an R6S header (~$60)and mount it to their bike. This eliminates the muffler box restrictions and the cats opening up the exhaust. From there pick a slipon you like and you get a poor mans full system. They also sell MJS headers which are more expensive but are pretty much the same thing.

>600 i4s already slow down low
Compared to a literbike maybe, they're not slow by any stretch.

Also, funny thing is the R6 is still competitive with other 600's through the midrange before their derestricted.

Don't think other manufacturers with electronic throttles aren't doing the same exact thing. Electronic throttle is behind the curtain cuck technology. Luckily it's easily fixed, at least on Yamahas.

IMO a 250/300 is way too small to learn on for no real benefit. Pretty much universally a 650 twin will be a better bike to learn on and grow into. They have a reasonable amount of power without being intimidating, are competent at highway speeds, can be sporty and riden as such.

Buy a dual sport so you can do different types of riding

No problem bro. they are great track bikes and a lot of fun on the street if you can deal with the riding position. Possibly one of the best handling middleweights out of the box too. And they pretty much haven't changed (or needed to change) from 2008 to now. So that used low mileage unmolested bike you found on craigslist is pretty much the same as what you'd buy on the showroom floor today.

Pic related is right before I did my header swap.

What was that recorded with?

GMO Potato

Gopro Hero 3+ silver

Gramps?

better ideas for a keytag?

Damn really? Seems like really smooth

tfw twice-crashed 2009 ninja 650 for 1500

gonna go look at it tomorrow lads, we shitbike nao

Insert Before Flight thing off ebay.

>Suzuki

*your favziez motovlogger* keytag for only $24.99!

that's because there wasn't much movement. When I'm moving the low bitrate of 3mb webms fucks up the colors and pixelates everything because more movement requires more data per second.

Has anyone here actually passed the DMV motorcycle test on a sportbike or sport standard?

I saw a guy miserably fail on his girlfriends lowered Ninja 250.

Yes

Seems like everyone I talk to failed it miserably, especially people who tried on a proper sport bike.

Sport bike handling is garbage at low speeds so I can understand why.

What bike did you do it on?

Just got finished watching Dust to Glory for about the 12th time and it got me thinking, has anyone else ever iron manned it on a bike besides Mouse? He looked like a fucking corpse at the end, I can't imagine someone trying that again.

Passed on an SV650. The secret is to not go too slow... Sport bikes don't have much steering lock, that is, you can't turn the bars far. but thefaster you go, the less you need to turn the bar.

I went to the DMV when it was closed, and practiced on the parking log layout they use for the test until I got gud.

Also, pick a dmv with a flat lot. My local has a lot on the side of a hill, I don't know how they pass anyne there.

I would assume other people have done it, just not with the intention of placing.

>a good starter bike is something you won't be heart broken over if you drop/crash it, because you probably will

Why was Steve McQueen such a fucking gangster?

How do I get on his level?

>sportbike
>SV650

he said or a sport standard you flop.

Literally impossible, we will never see his like again.

250/300 is a meme. You can get 500cc standards that aren't too fast either, except they have a higher top speed and maintain power further up towards that speed, making them genuinely suitable for riding among cars. Just look for middle of the pack displacements and either a single cyllinder or inline two engine.

On something like a bike you want to be part of traffic instead of an obstacle, so consider safety and practicality before you believe memers who swear up and down that a 250/300 will make you better at shifting or whatever the fuck. A 250/300 is a fine first TRACK bike, but a horrible first ROAD bike.

On something like your first bike you also want something cheap and maybe a little scratched up, because you're statistically likely to wreck it. Not like a 50mph lowside, you'll probably just fall over trying to do a U-turn.

Just use the most weeaboo thing you have.

Oils

machete

loafers

open Ocean swims

nobody talks about this.

>300
>good

If you try to have McQueens style you come off as a tryhard poser.

Pretty much no one can pull it off anymore.

>ABS on a single rotor bike

You can't make this shit up

i passed on a VFR800 senpai. only one infraction for it's fatass wheelbase brushing against a solid line in the "turn from a stop" part.

apparently everyone on a bigger bike fucks that up

yes

I got a $500 rebate good for a new Kawasaki, what would you gents suggest since I'm getting off the 250 and ready to upgrade. I'm definitely leaning towards the KLR, but just kind of curious if anyone has any input on their other touring / street bikes.

why would you buy a new klr?

Just borrow someone's dual sport or a Grom or similar. A small bike with a low first gear and plenty of steering lock. Then just putter around it at low speed.

I know some skilled riders that would probably have a 50/50 shot passing the test on a sport bike. Don't handicap yourself.

Get a Ninja 1000 touring or some shit. Don't buy a soviet tank.

tfw no hunter tabibito sportbike handling skills

I don't know who that is or what gender that is but I kind of want.

>buying a new 25 year old bike at an inflated cost

ZX-10R or go home.

m8 u need to find some better riders because I could do steering lock circles on my supersport within the first week I got it

video or bullshit.

>actually buying a new KLR
are you stupid?

Chink shit m8
It doesnt smack the shit out of your tank?

First, check with your insurance company to see if there's a difference in insurance between ZX10/ZX12/ZX7

The ZX7 is worth it if there is.

innsmouthgender desu

Thanks for feedback guys

Build credit and have something I know has 0 problems and will last forever if it's taken care of

It's almost twice the price, what advantages are you getting with that price?

I feel like that'd be too much bike for me, but I really like the appeal of the off-roading option

Discounted price + building credit, I'd probably end up paying ~$2000 for a virgin bike

$2000 of a difference, fuck

I did it on a 1997 yzf750

speaking of which there was a video posted a while back with a guy giving instructions on low speed handling and how to move your weight around and whatnot, anyone have that vid?

will post in spring. it's really cold and snowy rn

An sv650 is so slow, theres no way you could fail.

>ZX7
>ZX12

They don't make those bikes anymore senpai. haven't for like 10-15 years.

idk i only buy used shit

bikes depreciate harder than cars

>scratch paint with zipper
>"OH SO IT'S BEEN DOWN HUH NOT TOUCHING THIS SHIT"

It's not the price, when they redisgned it in 2008 they added even more weight to an already overweight underpowered bike, it weighs as much as a full size adventure tourer with a whopping 36 horsepower.

>idk i only buy used shit
I bet you like sucking the jizz out of a properly used vag too cuckboi

cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/5952406887.html
why shouldn't I buy this and use the vermont trick to register it and get a title

My waifu pillow and onahole collection were bought new faggot

because you'll probably end up spending an extra $2000 in parts and tools.

what if it runs and rides well when I go check it out though? I wouldn't buy it if one of them wasn't rideable

>Going through previous thread
>laugh at how triggered everyone gets over a cruiser vs sportbike debate
Why are there so many autistic fucks on here on both sides of the argument?
Just accept people like different things and move along folks. Lol

Because it'll ride well for the first 20 minutes and then turn out to be complete crap

this.

>bent forks imminent.jpg

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/mcy/5948332706.html

>Bike was drop needs the
>Upper plastic and a new front wheel

I'm honestly seeing the appeal of offroad bikes and adventurous bikes these days. Much less spergs it seems

most fun 2

>less sperg
>as he replies to DRZ meme spammer

>One person represents the entire community
No u
I should get one for brapping around town

That one sperg lord does in fact represent all suzuki riders.

yes you should

You don't understand, this is how 90% of DRZ owners are, they legitimately believe their mediocre dual sport from the 90's is the best bike ever made. Why do you think they keep selling them for $5k?

Just die already

because you need to git gud just to do basic shit without falling over

Pavement has a lower barrier to entry

Memes aside what's a good lil around town brapper.
No drz plox. Nothing against it but all suzuki riders around me are niggers, so stigma n such :/

check the timestamps on these see how they are less than a minute apart? more than1 poster

WR250R and WR250X

Bulletproof little bikes that are good offroad and onroad. Two flavors depending on where you plan on riding most.

go away phoneposter

pic related

My screen shows 10, 11, and 12 minutes ago.
So all are 60 seconds.
Either way suzuki fags are the most delusion morons.
Right on tier with nissan scum and ford idiots

>not loving based DRZ and based Ranger

>loving shit
No thanks
>being ignorant about loving shit
Wew

I like those saddlebags. Basic and rugged as fuck

If you want to go new or nearly new go
or XT350, DR350 or XR400R if you just want a cheap old shitbike that'll do whatever you want. And If you want to do some hooning or just wanna go fast the WR450F or XR650R need a lot of maintenance but they're great bikes.

Also if you can find one the DRZ-400E is a gud bike, lighter and more powerful than the S or SM, for some reason it's ignored by the DRZ cult so they're pretty cheap.

grampa* as fuck

How is pic related

Constant valve adjustments and down on power

very very slow