/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Bootrom 8046 edition

Previously /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS- Same as last thread edition
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
mega.nz/#F!SEgGGYII!TdLpAoO6mGr0_N6FY7v7Eg
freeshop.pw
notabug.org/btucker/freeShop
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hello friends, I'm new and I'd like to ask a couple of questions before I attempt to brick my console:

-Once I'm on CFW, is there any way I can get banned/disabled? Is it safe to play something like Smash bros online or with friends?
-Is any piracy-related stuff at all linked to my NNID? (inb4 user you still have to buy shit)
-What exactly are decrypt9, arm9loaderhax, Luma3DS? The guide just says "Install this, bruv", I'd like to know a bit more about those things, in normie language, if possible
-Speaking of the guide, is it 100% safe? (I have a game cartridge for the black screen I read about). I'm a poor as fuck wagecuck college student in debt, so I can't afford a new console atm
-What's the big deal with OTP.bin?
-How long does the whole process take?
-Is the forced update really happening or is it just memes?

-About a year ago when I first found out about 3ds hacking, I remember reading something about having to own a cartridge to have your own sort of game ID or some shit to make sure Nintendo servers can't detect a dupe and ban you. I may be remembering this wrong, but in case I'm not, is this still relevant?

Thanks!

>bnBootNTR failed

the fuck im doing wrong?

xth for new 3DS exploit season is the best season

if you have this many questions, this isn't for you, this is for people who know how to read.

Attention 3DS tech support: How do i rectify a FrakenFirm situation on 11.0 without a working clean sysNAND 9.2 dump? I've got A9LH and Luma currently

I'll post my question from last thread

Jesus christ user just use the fucking guide and google yourself. This is helpdesk general not life support general.

>tfw no one has bricked
I love you anons

BRICK CFW WHEN?!

You've got frakenfirm, i had the same problem. I think the only way to fix it is to reflash your 9.2 sysNAND.

Does the 3DS automatically update by default? If so how can I turn that off?

pls respond

Can I delete the TITLEID folder from my vita after installing with maidumptool?

Well it its the latter should I end up reinstalling or not?

It just seemed to me like having 3D on was shittier than it was before enabling it, but maybe it's just because I hadn't played with 3D on in a while.

no

Cakes has been out for ages, user.

Stupid question, but do i need to keep SafeA9LHInstaller in my 3ds folder after the install?

Found a undubed japanese Tales of the Abyss to download, it is region free i know but can i play it online, what i cannot do?

I'm still getting the glitched screen while trying to go to dukesrg
I noticed I had two arm9.bin files on my SD card and both were downloaded yesterday so when I got the second one I thought that was weird. The second one was from SafeA9LHInstaller and it says it was last modified in june. The other arm9.bin file says it was last modified on november 13. Can someone check their SD card to see which one I get rid of? note: the november 13th arm9.bin was from the decrypt9 step
"Copy Decrypt9WIP.bin from the Decrypt9WIP .zip to the root of your SD card and rename Decrypt9WIP.bin to arm9.bin"

I've tried so many times. I'm fairly certain it's because of one of these arm9.bin files. So should I just use the second one?

-no
-no
-google
-if you follow the instructions properly. just make sure if you have any questions during the process that you ask on here or on discord before just proceeding
-console unique key
-2 hours max if you're retarded

>That one Spanish youtube eceleb that left his otp.bin file in the dowload and bricked his fanbase 3ds

RIP Mexico

Shouldn't even be there

Video please

Fuck what I mean is the game folder used to install the game itself with maidump. can I dlete it or isit needed for the game to run.

>Download freeshop .cia
>Install freeshop .cia
>Can now play all this shit for free
I'm sorry I never listened. This is amazing.

I'm probably a retard but i installed JK's Save manager via QR code with my FBI app and it shows as installed, but i have no idea how to launch it?

Where are you at in the guide?

You cannot: Be a retard. Nintendo cannot fucking touch you unless you go online in a game that's not released yet.

It should be in ya homescreen senpai.

Reposting a question from the last thread in hopes that somebody knows what to do:

I've finished downgrading to 2.1 and am now on the arm9loaderhax part of the guide. Do I turn my 3DS off and eject my SD card like that for the prep work or am I supposed to go back into decrypt9?

It should be in your home menu. Did a present not show up?

You can turn it off to take sd out.

fucks sake is EX Troopers not on the eshop

>-4.81 Rebug CFW released
So what does this mean? Can I play pirated PS3 games on my 4.81 PS3 if I install this?

Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax
the part where you need to go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS

Been away from hbg since 33c3. Any reason to hold off on ps4 updates?

What are some of the essential 3ds apps other than freeshop, fbi, and homebrew?

(lol

It did not, however it shows up as usual in the FBI titles list.

and anyone else who wanted to play some of the weeb girly games I was talking about (all in JPN):

mega.nz/#F!SEgGGYII!TdLpAoO6mGr0_N6FY7v7Eg

3ds.guide makes no mention of waithax anymore so is fasthax usable on 11.1?

Try uninstalling, load up the home menu for about 10 seconds, then go back and reinstall.

Is switching to a bigger SD card really as easy as just copying all the files to it?

savedatafiler

How much time do you spend at 2.1? I'm afraid of fainting on my handheld and making it close

HI. I have FBI 2.4.2, how do I update that to 2.4.6 after I've downloaded all the files? Do I just drag into my SD card or is there some process?

THANKS!

1. Yes it's safe you won't get banned
2. idk but everyone pirates with no problem
3. They alter stuff in your 3ds to prevent updates from messing things up and allow you to do stuff like pirate
4. It's only safe if you do everything correct and stick to the guides, but yes bricks are possible
5. Use your own OTP.bin with arm9 or else you'll brick
6. Depending on your competence it could take two hours or twenty
7. Meme probably
8. Not relevant, none of this is technically illegal

Not too long less than 5 minutes tops

You should be using the one from SafeA9LHInstaller.

I realized i can just boot it from the titles list, inconvenient but it works.

hi guys, im themanon and i make custom 3ds themes, anyone here want one?, im bored right now

Don't worry about it, just get in, do your shit, and get the fuck out. Retract the screen ALL the way. Do not be me and drop it, leaving the 3ds barely cracked open. Fucking miracle it didn't enter sleep mode.

Please make me a good castlevania theme

, oh shit, forgot, please no NSFW themes

Thanks user

Does anybody know if 11.3 is out yet? Or when that will come out? Please?

>tfw you own a 2DS

are your hinges shit or something

thanks a lot

What is sighax?

Wario Land 4 theme

Please, with cherry on top, make a nice Danganronpa V3 theme.

No, the 3DS almost closed when I dropped it

I hope it comes out soon. I want to get back to laughing at latefags and updatefags.

>3ds for babbys
I don't think you should be feeling smug right now

thanks bro

Seconding this

I'm at this step now
If you have done 2.1.0 ctrtransfer, restore NANDmin.bin:
Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”
Restore from NANDmin.bin

I get to the SysNAND Backup/Restore” options but what do I do to restore from NANDmin.bin because I backed it up already. Do I just go to [SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)]?
alright thanks, that's what I thought, and it worked.

HOW DOES I UPDATE FBI TO 2.4.6?

I keep getting error code: 009-6106 whenever I try to update the mii plaza. anyone know how to fix this?

what's a /hbg/ approved sd card checker?

>using microsd that came with DS
>download Pokemon Sun
>No more space for anything else

Really?
Are all games this big?
What size microsd is ideal?

32-64gb

pokemon SM are 3.2gb, most games rarely go over 1.8

32GB at minimum, I got a 64GB but just remember the bigger ones might be slower and you have to format it FAT32

>I can't believe 2gb microsd is shit
any microsd can be used so long as it's FAT32

I have a 64, but that's hardly necessary unless you're hoarding a bunch of huge games, I have a 16 in my second 3DS which is is good, but if you want to futureproof try a 32

freeShop 2.1.4 has been release with new build server: freeshop.pw

The guide has you install the latest FBI. You're not still using the injected 2.4.2 are you? If you are in the cia version like you should be then just select update from the FBI menu.

I have a modded:
>wii
>psp
>3ds
>ps3

If you have any questions regarding any of these, ask away and I will answer

hehe

>Modded psp when you can get a vita for ultra cheap and have better everything than a PSP

Oh hey, you inspired me to fix my music issue and finish my Delita theme. Just need to fix these colors, they look much better in the preview than on the 3DS.

>Do I just go to [SysNAND Restore (keep a9lh)]?
Yes.

My man

Weeb here.
Thanks.

>managed to grab a $99 new 3DS
>open it up
>turn it on
>tilt it
>the colors fuck up

What a guy

>psp costs peanuts
>vita
>cheap

actually spending money on a vita and a boatload for those memory cards...just not worth it financially

any specifics?

>require for me to make the bsctm from scratch

sorry anons, but this would take some time :(

Can you make a macross or gunbuster one?

>warranty

Target had vitas for like $30 on black friday and you can probably find one used for like $50. There's that thing that will allow you to use normal SD cards for vita too.

DELETE THIS! NINTENDO'S LAWYERS JUST BROKE INTO MY HOUSE FILLED IT WITH MUSTARD GAS BEFORE GIVING ME A DMCA

Neat. Source for it can be found here now:
notabug.org/btucker/freeShop

What software do you guys use for SD formatting?

go to youtube and search for yakaracolombia

That image is cute af.
I hate it everytime I see someone drawing something like this in paint. I mean it's fucking rushed and badly colored, yet better than anything I'll ever draw, period. Fuck me.

Hey i'm mexican and i could get my 11.2 CFWered while eating tacos this morning.

Literally just following the guide.