How do I convince dad to get me a 99 miata?

My dad wants to buy a mid 2000s sedan like accord/camry etc. He an old school brown dude, cheap ass, and lazy asf.

Convinced he gon say no when I mention its a convertible, manual, its old asf, with high mileage most likely

you should listen to him and not buy some shitbox miata

Come out to him

Tell him you are gay

it's all in phrasing
tell him you want this small, efficient, 4 cylinder compact car. it's made in japan so it's super reliable.

Just ask him what the price range is then pick a few cars out, that's way easier than saying I want a miata in specific, that type of stuff makes parents suspicious.

In all seriousness, you're not going to be able to because your rate will be a lot higher in a Miata than whatever shitbox he has in mind, and the bottom line is what matters to your dad

Also, be thankful you're even getting a car you ungrateful little shit

Do you need to talk like a nigger on the internet? I understand slang when talking but it makes no fucking sense to deliberately type that way. Maybe he'll buy you a hairdryer instead.

Just because he's getting it for free doesn't mean he doesn't have the freedom of choice AS LONG as the cost remains the same. If he got a sedan handed to him what makes you think it wouldnt sit in his garage collecting mold and dust? Doing that would literally be equivalent to wiping your ass with 500$ bills

insurance is pretty low for miats desu

That's not what my point was, my point was a 16 year old beginning driver is going to pay a higher insurance premium compared to one for a shitbox, period.

For experienced drivers with clean records, sure
But OP is neither of those, and is such viewed as a risk buy the eyes of the (((insurance companies)))

Buy the miata yourself you spoiled faggot. holy shit.

Im not your father so I can't say. If the car isn't for you, then you probably have no chance. When someone wants a sedan, that means they want a comfortable and practical ride. Sure, the miata is a reliable sports car, but you wont be able to convince your dad otherwise if it's a matter of space and comfort.

But if it's for you, you have a chance. Just be patient. As a graduation/Christmas/birthday present, my dad and grandpa said they are willing to buy me a car around 5k. I've been searching everyday for a reliable sports car with low mileage for three weeks (running anything through my dad is like trying to start a business in india). if the car is above 100,000 miles, my dad won't look at the car. But when you look at any sports car, you have to Don a conservative lens. Otherwise, picking whatever looks good will result in you sitting on the side of a freeway with smoke rising out of the vehicle as it pisses oil. Not only that, theres a good chance you'll have to work on the car weekly. Look at any 90's/ early 2000's sports car thread: even the supposedly reliable ones have issues.

My advice is to wait till you find a sports car under 100k miles. Plenty of choices on Craiglist.

Tell him that you and your boyfriend think that the Miata is the perfect choice.

your first car needs to be a boring piece of shit, because there's a 95% chance you are going to wreck it doing something stupid. and if it was a miata, that jumps to 100%.

Stop acting brown and buy your own car?

>He an old school brown dude, cheap ass, and lazy asf
>How do I convince dad to get me a 99 miata
Maybe you should work for it, cheap ass lazy asf OP.

If you can talk him into it, then good, it would make a great first car.

But if you can't take whatever you can get and then buy it on your own when you have the money for it yourself.

but this is the best advice so far

I'm in your exact shoes only I might have a bit more leeway in price

Honestly if you can't talk to him directly about this, look for something that both of you can agree on. I found the is300(or is350 if you can afford it) to be the best answer because you can objectively prove the Lexus reliability meme, and you'll probably only be able to find the autotragic sedan version anyways so win/win. Only downside is the price of premium fuel but nobody remembers to factor in that shit until it's too late and you already own the thing lol

The whole "two door coupe gives higher rates" thing is a lie for the most part. I literally just bought a 90 probe LX v6, and insured it myself. $62 USD a month with a single reckless driving traffic violation on file and only about 6 months of driving history. Insurance companies are aware it's a piece of shit of made before year 2000 and will cover it for little, especially if it's got high miles.

You can certainly go lower with time for an old car, but if you seriously can't afford the $60-70 dollars a month for insurance, you can't afford a car you desire rather than need.

More clarification, I'm 19, in college, he won't pay for the entire car

>How do I convince dad to get me a 99 miata?
come out of the closet, the rest should come naturally

Then go with what he is willing to help pay for, you're a poor college student, take what help you can get or hold out and pay for it yourself if you want it bad enough

why dont you buy your own car instead of telling him what to spend his money on

t. Ameritard

The "just buy it yourself xdd" autism always pissed me off so much when I was younger, since you earn so much more when you've got a proper job.

I aim to give my children at least $100,000 each by time they're 18 if I have them, and I don't expect them to be like "thanks so much xDDd you are so generous", I expect them to do the exact same thing when they have children.

(I'm 24 and have saved about $40,000 so far)

Let him buy you whatever he wants. Drive it like a rental car. Basically break the shit out of it. During this time you're destroying the car, start saving enough money for a miata like my brother did in highschool. Totally destroyed his isuzu rodeo by mudding constantly, and then had a few thousand saved up so he could trade in the rodeo and get the miata.

See your dad will buy you one car which is great, you shouldn't fight him on it. It's free. What you need to do is start saving for your own car and use his car as a loaner until you saved enough to trade it in. Convince him the car's on its last legs and he will hopefully help you out getting the car you want. He definitely wont buy you another, which is good because you've saved.

>"Dad is buying me a car."
>"I don't like it."

What is bait about it?

$40,000 is about 30,000 bong pounds, which isn't exactly a fortune.

In the uni the government paid for my uni, and the average wage in bongland is 25,000 ish.

It's only in Amerilard land where everyone buys more than they can afford where this would be weird.

I meant in the UK the gov pay for your uni.

You're a faggot for handing your kids a hundred large for nothing at 18. That should go into a trust fund AT MOST.

Better yet, give it to them when they get married. NOT while they are still faggot children with no self control.

OP needs to bend over and take the fucking civic he's going on inevitably get, not try to talk his father into helping him buy a fucking project car.

Find someone your dad's age
Pay him $10
have him slowly get into conversation about cars
Don't directly talk about you but make it generic. "Oh I used to have this 99 miata it was the best car ever."

old people do not listen to anything except other old people

keep your daddy's nuts drained with that sweet twink mouth of yours, bby :3

it's his money, fag.
he'll buy what ever fuck he wants.

Maybe get your grade up in English before trying to convince your dad to buy you a roadster.

If OP's dad puts him on his insurance or his OP puts his dad on his insurance then it will save a lot of money

>in the UK the gov pay for your uni.
Since fucking when?

I have to pay 9K a year just for tuition never mind housing and other shit

I'm sorry but are you from the past?
You get loans from the government for that privilege nowadays.

>"Congratulations for graduating. MUH-HA-HA! You naive fool! Debt is your life!"