Answers in Genesis

Could they be considered a cult?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

aren't they just average american proddies?

so yes?

i think they're fun to laugh at

christianity is a cult

*tips fedora*

it's a shared mental illness that fights to protect itself, aka a cult

Go fap to your traps and leave this board in peace.

euphoric

i don't have a penis

imagine if i told you that i listened to some old elvis records and realized that he was god himself in the flesh and that i would worship him and live my life according to his words. every night i would communicate with him telepathically. i would interpret his song "jailhouse rock" as being a sign that the apocalypse is imminent, and when the day of doom passes and nothing happens i would still hold onto my beliefs. when people would call me on my beliefs i would spout epin memes in reply. in such a case, would you consider that i had a mental illness?

yes. now let's imagine that i somehow convinced 1 billion people to believe me, and also worship elvis. would i have a mental illness then?

hint: the answer is yes

>imagine if i told you that i listened to some old elvis records and realized that he was god himself in the flesh and that i would worship him and live my life according to his words. every night i would communicate with him telepathically. i would interpret his song "jailhouse rock" as being a sign that the apocalypse is imminent, and when the day of doom passes and nothing happens i would still hold onto my beliefs. when people would call me on my beliefs i would spout epin memes in reply. in such a case, would you consider that i had a mental illness?

>yes. now let's imagine that i somehow convinced 1 billion people to believe me, and also worship elvis. would i have a mental illness then?

>hint: the answer is yes

>can only reply with memes for the third time

i didn't realize it was possible for people to make a fool of themselves on an anonymous cambodian basket weaving web portal, but you've proved me wrong

i'm out of here

If it doesn't cause any degeneration in health or harm/endanger anyone, I don't see it as a problem. A bit weird, yes, but not a mental illness. I'm sure Elvisism would be a hit in isolated islands.

You realize that if you have to be this deflective that you are probably wrong right?
Why do you insist on keeping this barrier instead of listening to the points given and thinking about it?

This guy here.
I already stated my opinion here

it's harmful to the person themselves to live in a fantasy world

he ain't nothing but a hound dog, cryin' all the time

not one person, fedoralord69

>If it doesn't cause any degeneration in health or harm/endanger anyone, I don't see it as a problem.
Religion is one of the biggest causes of cognitive dissonance ever, to the point where otherwise nice and friendly people would become serial murderers if a vision of god told them too, and they can and have since self hallucination exists, but thats only for the mentally unstable anyways. The real problems come about in people always thinking that every view they have ever had is just and right and using god as an explanation of excuse as to why, even if their opinion was never discuses or mentioned anywhere in the holy book mention or even if the book itself fully condones it

Does that directly affect you in any way, shape, or form?

I know that, I was stating all of you.

Not necessarily but one can have concern for others well being
Its not right to let an alcoholic destroy himself, even if it would be considered invasive

Many have actually considered teaching with open minds, but then the idiots act a fool and make them look bad. I remember hearing about a Christian college that was going to be teaching about the Quran, and some parents flipped their shit and took him out.

>changing the argument

nice try but we were talking about whether it was a mental illness or not

and yes it does because part of the mental illness fighting to protect itself is setting up social and/or legal protections, e.g. shunning people for expressing their sexuality

Fair enough I suppose. Even though we may disagree on several points, I accept your decision.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs

>I'm a Christian, but...
There are no "buts" about it.

>we don't want religion because we want to be promiscuous little whores

exactly. they're christians.

>i am christian but i don't follow the bible

you don't need to
as long as you accept jesus as your saviour.

>be gay murderer who raped and skullfucked every baby in the state of New Hampshire
>Hi jesus, thanks for telling me to do that!

>haha, stupid fucking fedoras, how does it feel to not believe in anything?
>haha, stupid fucking proddies, they actually believe in all this shit!
Veeky Forums Christians are a confusing bunch.

Don't confuse Catholics and Christians