/[REDACTED]/ [REDACTED] Shit Posting General

? edition

Latest patch is 1.2
>fixed a few more bugs, game runs a bit smoother now
>game still unexpectedly crashes and freezes, albeit to a lesser extent
>wheels are now less broken and are somewhat usable
>new comm network that's basically stock antennarange
>most of the dev team is gone

The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should avoid buying KSP due to various persistent issues with both the game and the developers. Please refer to pastebin.com/rvGU6Nfh for more details.

Previous thread:

>Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=_BgJEXQkjNQ

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=BY6uZPvgBqQ

>FAQ
pastebin.com/5upnZavv

>Important links
pastebin.com/97jUa4zh

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, scatterer san, and planes are also welcome ITT.

NOTE: "k*rbal" anywhere in the OP as well as "kspg" in the subject cause the thread to autosage. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thread. If you're wondering why all the links aren't in the OP, this is why.
Update: As of 9/12/16, only "k*rbal" triggers autosaging. Subject to change.

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/13247
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

test

bump

Kerbals tongue my an*s

>Tim Buckley's
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

>still no stock props in KSP
S
Q
U
A
D

The game might as well be put as open source.

uncharted territory lads

what have you guys heard about the new console dev shop

apologies belter scum, the expanse is great.

thanks for bumping the thread :^)

FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING FAGGOT PIECE OF SHIT ASS

IS KILLING THE FUCKING GENERAL AND TEARING IT APART NOT ENOUGH? IS SHITTING UP EVERYTHING YOU SEE NOT ENOUGH TO SATISFY YOUR NARCISSISTIC, SCHIZOPHRENIC AUTISTIC SPERGLORD MIND?

WHY DO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO NOT ONLY KILL !!OUR!! GENERAL, BUT EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO KILL OFF ANY REMNANTS OF IT?

NOBODY WANTS YOU HERE, THE MAJORITY HATES YOU, AND YET YOU CONTINUE TO IGNORE THIS OBVIOUS FACT AND POST YOUR AUTISM HERE, MAKING IT VERY CLEAR YOU'RE ONLY HERE TO SHIT UP /KSPG/ AND MAKE IT UNUSABLE AND TO GET IT DELETED

EVERYBODY FUCKING HATES YOU, FUCK OFF FOR THE LAST AND FINAL FUCKING TIME

FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING LITERAL FAGGOT REDDITOR /u/Unsub_from_defaults

FUCK OFF, YOU SHEEP FUCKING MONKEY SHIT EATING PIECE OF ROTTEN HORSE SHIT

AND YES, I AM FUCKING ANGRY, ANGRY THAT YOU KILLED MY GENERAL THAT I LOVED SO MUCH, MY GENERAL AND MANY OTHERS THAT YOU DO NOTHING BUT SHIT ON TIRELESSLY, FUCK YOU MAN

One of those wasn't MAN.

Sorry, I won't do it again.

chances are they literally don't have anyone left who knows how to do that. i mean we already know they've outright LOST at least some of their their original art assets and/or unity scenes and have to use a fanmade blender .mu import plugin to do any work on existing parts ( bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/13247 ) so it's no big surprise the rest of what's left of the dev team is operating at babby's first making a part for KSP tutorial level

two, actually

What is "it"?

>Dragon can't differentiate between thread memes and is spilling tendies everywhere.

Time to upgrade that book armor dragon.

The problem with KSP is that it never feels fair.

When I land and my shuttle after a trip to mun and it splatters itself all over the KSC runway killing all my crew, I don't think "Oh bugger, I've just killed those kerbals with my shitty flying" I think "What fucking dickhead programmed those landing gear physics? That was a perfect fucking landing and now I'm going to have to revert the whole flight, fuck doing that again, I'm done, off to play Morrowind where the game won't fucking cheat me out of my achievements. May Trump kill every Mexican."

This is the core reason I no longer play KSP for any real duration, and when I do spend almost all my time in Kerbin's atmosphere. It's just not fun. The challenge is less about your understanding of physics or you flying skills and more about whether the shitty code is going to let you have fun today.

Countless times I've set off planning a grand narrative adventure, everything from training in basic jet planes to a laythe colony, and every single time the game has made it such tedious hell that I've not made it to the in-story apollo program.

To top it all off, you essentially have to make your own rewards. The science descriptions are lazy, we haven't had new places to explore in god knows how long, all the planets are dead, and any attempt at doing anything nice will always be ruined by the game itself. You're duty bound to cheat and test everything using hyperedit before trying to tell any story with screenshots because the game is determined to fuck you over. NASA only had to deal with nature, playing KSP you've got to deal with something far worse: The force of human greed and incompetence.

Career is shit. You can't take contracts or revisit science for fun in Sandbox. Simple quality of life things that are irrelevant.

Because the game just isn't fun. It isn't fair:
Once you get over the initial hump of realizing rockets turn sideways to stop falling down, the problem lies with the game - not you.
Fuck KSP

KSP should have been a framework for the community, instead it took them for all they were worth.

Science mode is an actual insult to science. Career is literally unsalvagable and needs to be redone from the ground up or simply scrapped and never mentioned again.

>landing gear still default to being sideways when mounted to a curved fuselage
I mean what the fuck is this, what philistine thought this was a good idea?

Seems like the /egg/ exclave finally lost it. Friendly reminder this general doesn't have anything new to talk about since at least 0.23, and even if we manage to get enough people here again to beat ded, it will surely and quickly devolve into shitposting until either the thread is pruned or one of the new mods kicks us off the board.

>it will surely and quickly devolve into shitposting
do you even know where you are

MAN, I've tried to turn this ship around since 2013, I've given up. You won. There is no need to be angry anymore. You won. Just do it quickly this time, okay.

but i'm catfucker?

Ah yes, the famous shapeshifting and falseflagging prowess you possess. Oh, my agony! How many a-time funposters have fallen through your keyboard warrior defiance. Not even unconditional codependence under the mighty blanket of united amnesty could sate you. You tried enough for sure, but are you still sure to try? When you feast on this heart of innocence for the next time, be sure, for you will be in charge of all eternities, be it in this realm of mexican phantomweaving, or in the next cartel supported one.

uh
ok?

ok

ok

ok MAN

ok MANN

if we keep going at current posting rate, we'll reach bump limit in 2.8 days

Don't worry Angry user, that's good enough.

that sounds pretty typical actually

well 3 hours alive is an achievement of itself