World of Warships Admiralty /wowsg/

Ded botes edition.

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Mostly updated guide
pastebin.com/mAat47Cb (embed) (embed) (Poi)

>5.16 LIVE
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0516/

>0.6.0 Public Test
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/publictest-060/

>January Event Calendar + Ship Class specific boosts
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/failed-resolutions/
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/cruise-line/

>Captain Skill restructuring+XP caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JapnvYHgTRn1ndUlLD9eFiRMfeEc6Ufqf7RHVy4HEzk/edit#gid=246287335

>New Year Medals + Missions
forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/108298-christmas-hidden-achievements/
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/resolve2gitgud/

>Christmas Luckboxes (Chance for premiums or show love for your favourite /wowsg/)
santa.worldofwarships.com/en/#/
santa.worldofwarships.eu/en/#/

>Leaked info from Russian Server
thedailybounce.net/2016/12/20/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-7/

>Graf Spee and Tier 6 camo+ship missions
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bobbarkersfaveship/#santa

>Kamikaze Premium on sale (Bugger!)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/og_minekaze/

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favourite /wowsg/!:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Precisionista Full At the moment
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benlisquare (Benis :DDDD)
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KsVUISS8oHs
forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/110688-german-battleships-are-hard-to-citadel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no stalker in a botes game

xth for lunatic complaining about everyone in the discord

I have since relabled the "GRIND NOW?" column to the more descriptive "Will 0.6.0 fuck me in the ass?"

And my own personal spreadsheet has those multipliers for my own personal cutoffs. It will show "YES" if it meets those requirements, currently set as Gain/Effort > 1 (i.e. I stand to gain effectively at least 2x what I have left to grind), as well as having a penalty of at least 25000 lost xp if I don't grind it out now. I will adjust these numbers as I make my way through my captains, which helps me prioritize things.

But this is only useful if you input all your captains into a spreadsheet at once, and obviously that's not going to happen with a publicly available Google Sheets.

Why is he even doing it? FUCK

>tfw no crates gifted to me

I C H I B A N
C
H
I
B
A
N

hello i am your resident funposter and i did a post not too long ago

please like subscribe and (you)

Lunatic is too autistic for himself to even be handled. First Raptor was banned for being autistic and Lunatic might be next.

he'll still stick around and shitpost about random anons in the thread though

DELET
>Lunatic's face when

Raptor used his power of autism to entertain us lads. It's unfair to group him with Lunatic desu.

nah he was just a medicore shitposter, the same as lunatic

Luger banned when?

Autism status: sated

>if less that 13 pt captain, get him to 13
its what im getting from it

what happens after the patch if the captain is retraining for another ship?

Is the Kuma supposed to be a comfy boat? Because it feels like a comfy boat.

kuma is a pretty comfy bote

All T4 cruisers are pretty comfy.
Last good cruisers till T10

Kuma is a fun ship, kuma.

Should I use AP or HE as a german DD?

AP 100% of the time, if you use HE you are literally a shitter

>Should I use german DD?

Fixed that question for you. The answer is No, btw.

It takes about twice as much XP to get to point 8 or 9 from scratch under the new system as it does under the current one, so getting at least that far is doing pretty well. 12 is a good place to stop, as after that point, points are easier to earn under the new system.

>have a few 12-15 point captains in progress
>this has killed all motivation to work on them now because I know it'll be wasted XP and I probably won't get much in the way of points to save before the changes
;_;

v-170 is nice though

youtube.com/watch?v=KsVUISS8oHs

>tfw no CWIS on Montana

at least we doesnt have to fear power creep

What are these horn things on this ship?

Air intakes, I think?

This thing has a crazy amount of air intakes then.

there's a whole lot of space below deck and plenty of people down there, so you need a lot of air cycling through there

It didn't click that it'd feed to the crew compartments. That makes a lot more sense.

forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/110688-german-battleships-are-hard-to-citadel/

Stop gloating.

its also for the boilers that need alot of air to burn the oil

>have a few 12-15 point captains in progress
Plug those guys into the calculator if they have any captain XP already on board and see if you should grind that shit out right now.

WG looks at aggregate xp. Look at my Bayern captain, for example. I am about 3/5 of the way (79528 xp) towards getting my 14th point in her, and I currently have 411428 aggregate captain XP in her with 13 points. Come 0.6.0, the aggregate XP requirement to get 13 points will increase to 447000 XP. That's more than my current total.

So what happens when 0.6.0 hits? WG won't take away my skill points, so I'll still have 13 points, so they'll bump me up to 447000 aggregate XP so that I can keep my 13 skill points. But what happens to those 79528 captain xp I had accumulated towards the 14th point prior to 0.6.0? They disappear, of course. Or rather, they were eaten by the requirements of the previous skill points you have. Come 0.6.0, I would have a 13 point captain with 0 (ZERO) extra captain XP ground out towards the 14th skill point, effectively setting me back 75528 xp in my grind for the 14th point.

tl;dr: Check your captains now while you still have time.

Can anyone help a new player out? People keep yelling at me to angle my armor, and I'm aware going full broadside is a fool move, but what is the optimal angle? Do you want to have most of the guns able to shoot at the guy you're fighting, or do you only want to show front turrets?

I already checked them, they're basically all 'fresh' into their next point so there's not going to be a whole lot of XP to lose unless I actually play them, at which point I'll have enough XP on there that I'll be losing a significant amount of grinding, but I wouldn't be close enough to actually get to the next point before the patch.

while we're at it whats the trick with the t-22?
cant really drop sneaky torps anymore

>Do you want to have most of the guns able to shoot at the guy you're fighting, or do you only want to show front turrets?
It depends on what ship you're in, what's firing at you, and what the situation is.

In short, you gotta use your brain.

Gotcha. Yeah, if they're all relatively fresh into a point, then just leave them alone, but if you have any decent progression towards the next skill point, you stand to lose a lot.

Well I'm in the Wyoming and Kuma right now. Feels like the best thing to do in the Kuma is to wiggle out when the guns are ready to fire, but I don't know what to do for the Wyoming.

Wiggle your Wyoming in between salvoes. Just because your rudder is slow doesn't mean your rudder is immobile.

I guess it's one of those things that I'll just pick up in time. I try to do it, but it feels like every time I kick my side out to fire the middle guns I get torped in the side. That or it's conformation bias.

In most ships if you are revealing more than your front turrets you are showing too much side. The main exceptions are KM BBs with their turtlememe armour. Whether you should stay perfectly parallel to the path of incoming shells or show a slight angle (~10°) depends on whether your bow armour can be overmatched by the incoming shells. Whether or not you should try to get your other turrets into the fight is a judgement call.

Wyoming is overmatched by Myogi and higher tier BBs.
Kuma is overmatched by BBs and heavy cruisers (but not Kirov).

Ah. I guess I'll stick to DD's because my memory is shit and I'll never be able to remember who can overmatch me and who can't.

Ibuki's been pretty good to me. I'm about halfway to Zao, and it hasn't felt like a grind at all.
Having premium helps, of course. My thanks to the guy who posted that massive list of codes.

Ibuki is a good girld and doesn't deserve the hate that she sometimes gets.

Ibuki's biggest sin is that she's a high-tier cruiser, and high-tier cruiser gameplay is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Overmatch affects DDs too
t. RN CL

Was putting Gremys in the santa box a mistake? 8 point cruiser captain.

I don't get their reasoning at all since they consider it overpowered and were never going to sell it. Now I think they'll just nerf it and sell it again.

I know, but if I can just assume everything will murder fuck me I have to do less memorizing.
The worst part is I just got a Texas, and now I have 0 motivation to play it.

>French BB line still not announced

You're 2 hours late.

>hai meiyou Faguo BB xian

Slowly but surely dragging my stats up. I think I only had like two games today where I played unacceptably poorly, so maybe I'm finally starting to become more consistent in my play. Even if I'm not, I'm still more than happy with stats like these
Good night, /wowsg/!

Nice.
I've gone from yellow to green to blue, which is fairly decent

it's zhanjian you stupid laowai

>playing a low tier BB
>holding off another BB, a DD and two CL's
>a lone destroyer pops up near the carrier
>the three cruisers supporting me bail and sail running halfway across the map to kill the DD
I just want to finish this grind.

i miss hotel poster

I don't have enough reports

Glad to hear you're improving too, user.
I'm still low blue overall myself, but I feel like I'm starting to grasp the intricacies of high tier play. Plus I started grinding up USN DDs, which has been like a breath of fresh air after being a longtime IJN DD aficionado. Seriously, USN DDs are like free WTR.

>270 battles, 929 rating
Do I just need to give up?

>zhanjian
fuck off stupid commie mainlander, it's zhulijian

I'm so close to blue myself. To think I'd reach that 6 months ago would have been a joke.

It's never too late to improve. Never give up!
Seriously, 270 battles is just getting your feet wet. What's giving you trouble?

Are you me. Seriously.

I'm almost at Benson myself. Mahan is freaking god compared to Hatsuharu when I went up the IJN line.

Nah. Keep at it user. Everyone here had shit stats. I'm 1,100 battles now and I was probably at your WTR back at 270 games.

Besides, fuck stats.

I was probably about the same at like ~200 battles
Now I'm purple
Just feels like it's about trying to learn how the game works, and getting experience at how different stuff plays out

We're all going to make it anons.
Whatever it is that we're looking for, I believe in you.
Even me. Maybe.

>there are taiwanboo/sinoboo gaijins in this thread

主力艦 (zhu li jian) is an ambiguous term for battleship, as it has an alternate meaning that can be confused with "flagship" or "ship of the line" instead. It is better practice to use 戰列艦 (zhan lie jian) instead, which always means battleship.

Unlike Japanese, 戰艦 (zhan jian/senkan) does not mean battleship in Chinese, it means warship.

t. Actual future puppetmaster of the planet.

I had about 980 WTR at about 2100 games.

Then I stopped playing IJN DDs.

YELLOWS WILL INHERIT THE EARTH

I hear a lot of people complain about the Mahan, saying it's a straight downgrade from the Farragut and such, but its only real shortcoming is the relatively high concealment. Even so, it really is fantastic compared to the Hatsuharu. I should know, I rushed to finish my Hatsu grind just before the line split. It wasn't terrible, but it always felt like I either had a great game or could've been just as well off afking for 20 minutes.
Yes you, user. Especially you. We're all gonna make it.

I just don't get the game. On average I do 1100-1200 in USN DD's, which I hate playing and fucking horrible in Cruisers and Battleships, which I like playing.

It feels like I have horrible gunnery overall, on a few maps I know what to do and I can do it well, others I just end up panicking. I can't get armor angling to work for me. I either end up angling out to get all my guns in the fight and doing my health in damage, or only staying straight on or 10 degree and doing fuck all.

I think the biggest problem is positioning and gunnery. I tend to overshoot my target by at least 50-100 meters and hit them on the nose if they're broadside to me, and I just suck at being at where I'm supposed to be at.

>tfw 1200 battles
>902 rating

you know you're going against RN cruisers when even the japanese DDs get citadels.

>tfw afraid to tank my stats just before statskun's update
please hurry

""""""""""""""no""""""""""""""""

its already too late user, we're already tanking them

but i have to have wowsg seeing how high my name is
maybe i'll just go play coop for the rest of the night

Always remember to thank good AS CVs.

so nobody then?

Which nations do you like, and at which tiers are you at currently?
Gunnery is something you just sorta have to get a feel for as you play. If it helps, I believe each notch in the binocular view is equal to 1 second of shell flight time on a target doing 20kts, so you'd multiply the number by the stopwatch icon next to your reticule by 1.5 for most targets. For angled targets, you sorta have to draw a mental line from stern to bow for their ship, and from there you estimate the amount of lead you'll need.
I'm sorry if this is all boiling down to "you just gotta feel it bro", but aiming is something that is practiced, not taught.

>been playing well, average 1300 WTR the past 90 days
>stats-kun paints me orange
It all means fucking nothing. It's all just for shitposting purposes. It's not like people won't div with you unless they're elitist shits like 95% of the unicums on /wowsg/.

I have a shit load of preimum ships because I thought I'd have a knack for this game, but I mainly stick to USN stuff. I'm at VII USN DD's and rank IV for everything minus CV's in Germany and IJN.

And the odd part is I hit more often if the ship is moving away or towards me, I just full retard when trying to hit a moving broadside target. I know gunnery is mostly skill, but I tend to get a lots of bounces and overpens on things I don't quite understand. I also lack the magical art of getting citadels even though I'm smashing a ship in her midsection.

It's because it's just measuring total account stats, which everyone (except the rerolls) has measured evenly. They're getting their early stats counted too.
I don't think anyone is really making decisions about who to div with based on those lists either, seems like most of them just have friends that they like playing with more over other anons. I'm just some standard /wowsg/ average shitter but I've played with people from the entire WR spectrum, and how enjoyable they are to div with has never really seemed to correlate to their win rates, most of them across the entire range are fun to sail botes with, there are some players with good WR and some with awful WR that are just not fun to play with and WR never really factors into it.
Although yeah, you'd be stupid to take it all seriously, if you really want to find out how good people are you're better off just playing with them.

I'm not sure you're aware of how good the average /wowsg/ is. I'm a purple on warships.today, and yet I'm still green because super unicums skewing the shit out of everything.

grabbing bisko broke my credit bank ;_;

Probably because WTR and WR just aren't the same thing, with statskun's lists measuring nothing but WR with purple being players with stupidly high winrates, while WTR is mostly based off how much damage you can farm in a ship compared to the averages regardless of if you win a huge amount of your games.

To put in perspective, I got to my position to help my team late, and I have no clue what to do at this point. Everyone dead was on this flank and I arrived right as the brawl started, not able to really do piss all.

I don't know what I should've done or what would've been proper protocol from the get go.

Citadels you have to hit either just below their guns/smokestack/rearguns and usually a bb can citpen by aiming at where their ship meets water level. Citpens are RNGesus btw, so if you aim just right its no guarantee for a citpen.

and RNGesus is a bitch

Essentially give up and cry at that point. The game's unsalvagable .

On maps like that in domination, it's generally a terrible idea to have multiple flanks. Just play ring around the rosie, and if people want to cry about lemming trains let them run off and die alone. Sometimes you need to know when a flank is unsalvageable and the best you can do is spam at range to hold them off. In this situation, you're already dead no matter what you do.

I want to dump my load into Fubuki.

>And the odd part is I hit more often if the ship is moving away or towards me, I just full retard when trying to hit a moving broadside target.
It happens to everyone from time to time, I think. I find it helps to watch the smoke coming from your target's stacks to get a gauge on their speed.
>I know gunnery is mostly skill, but I tend to get a lots of bounces and overpens on things I don't quite understand.
If you're not confident that you'll pen the target, consider swapping to HE (after firing what you have loaded, of course). Even a relatively slight angle can bounce equal-tier shells, so you have to also get a feel for what you can pen and when you should use your AP. At tier 4, cruisers just don't have big enough guns with flat enough arcs to pen outside of close range, and even though they have tinfoil armor, even just a bit of angling will go a long way toward bouncing cruiser caliber AP off their belts. Against BBs, penning the belt at this tier is unlikely, and forget about citpens altogether. You can fire AP at the upper belt if you're close enough (think sub-8 km) and not likely to get deleted (in smoke or with island cover, basically). Otherwise, just spam HE.
Naturally, this only applies to cruisers- as a BB, you should almost always be using AP. Switch to HE only if you're brawling with another BB and they refuse to give you any side at all.
>I also lack the magical art of getting citadels even though I'm smashing a ship in her midsection.
If you're a BB, pray to RNGesus harder. Otherwise, it's all about being opportunistic with what you're firing at. Cruisers at close-ish ranges (maybe 9 or 10 km, 11 if you're optimistic) giving you a flat broadside should be easily pennable once you've zeroed in your aim. Shoot for just below the stacks on most ships, as close to the waterline as you can manage without actually splashing.
Sorry for the wall of text, but I guess there was more to it than I thought.

I put my "where I want to hit" just below the the castle of the ship. I assume I really want to hit aft of the castle?

Yeah I realized I was fucked after I started sailing that way. I just feel guilty going with all the other BB's on a flank if I play a BB. I don't prefer to play selfishly, but would it be better for me overall to just 'fuck those guys over there' if it justifies me doing more damage?

Still sorry for being that shitter that ruins your games.