It's been two years I'm still getting things fixed from this accident

It's been two years I'm still getting things fixed from this accident.

At least insurance is still paying for it.

Like that chip on your shoulder?

No chip on my shoulder, I'm just annoyed that I had to get the windshield replaced again.

>wraping a subaru around a pole in the snow

How do you live with yourself?

No, a guy in a pickup tried to turn right from the left lane without shoulder checking just as I was going past him. The chunk missing from the bumper was from sliding into a sign right after though.

no you fucked up in a parking lot trying to do skids

this

THEN YOU WERE TOO STUPID TO JUST TOTALY THE FUCKING CAR AND GET A DIFFERENT SHITBOX

Holy shit Veeky Forums is so autistic

>two years
why so long?

I also know that feel but 2 years seems a little steep

was this a total loss?

They're replacing the windshield a second time because they screwed up reinstalling the mirror, and putting on a new wheel to replace the one that was bent by the accident.

nope was about 10k in damage.

anyone who can beat this accident plz tell me.
Lady ran a red light and spun me 180 in the intersection. Only reason i dont think it got totaled was because it spun and didnt fold over itself
>same day I bought it. >3 hours
>65miles

im proud of you for not getting rid of your car.

you are the hero every car deserves!
FUCK SCRAPYARDS!

meant for

>anyone who can beat this accident plz tell me.

Ok, in Sep 2014 I flipped my 2013 mustang. Total loss. Insurance paid out 20K.

I am still getting anally abused over this, ~$1300 every 6 months for insurance on a 2015 Jetta Sport and 1998 explorer...

Repeatedly call and harass your insurance company. Did the adjustor come yet? Take it to an auto body collision shop you know and have them do some more "care" to the car. If all else fails lawyer up and prove the car is un-drivable.
I'm not a lawyer and none of what I've written should be taken as any legal advice, nor am I res... you get the idea user.

I totalled my Ducati 1198SP... insurance stopped counting at $16K.

I walked away without a scratch, although my dick was a scary shade of purple since it apprently took off the mirror as I went over the bars..

Don't know how it happened but I saw this poor car as I was walking through town, sitting in the parking lot of the police station.

I meant for like how long you had a car. I had that car for a grand total of 3 hours before that accident
This was a few years ago. I wasted like 6months of my life fighting the insurance. at the start I just wanted to fix the car or give me check to go buy a new one.

Lady who hit me had the same insurance company as me so they tried to say it was a 50/50 fault. American family is shit and never again will I deal with that fucking company. her jeep even had a black box for recording throttle, speed, and brake positions. She refused to give them that data and they still wanted to do 50/50

>Got them for diminished value 5k (was never planning on selling jsut blowing up the motor with mods eventually)
>3 months of a rental car for someone under 25 (borrowed my dads car and had him write me up a bill for rental of it) 3k
>Complaint with the board of insurance that fucked that adjuster over for a few months
>lawyer(personal friend who helped me out for free) and accident Reconstruction 2k
>took lady to small claims for the max you can sue there for fucking up my work schedule and other stuff. 3k I think

The car actually got fixed legit.
>the entire rear suspension and axle was replaced.
>they had to cut the panel and weld in a replacement. (whoever welded it was a fucking boss at welding)
>Car doesn't pull or do anything funny its got 29k miles on it now. You wouldn't even be able to tell it was wrecked unless you ran the vin.

I didn't wanna take them for a ride over money since no one was hurt just wanted my shit fixed. Since the lady who hit me was a fucking liar and the insurance were being jews I went for everything I could possibly get out of them. Took a while and lots of educating myself on Insurance rules and laws. I came out way ahead in the end.

>TLDR: if you have american family find a different insurance company. If someone who hits you has american family get ready to spend months fighting with those fucktards.

Police departments and fire depts leave shit out like that to scare you into being a good citizen.

Really its usually meth-head tweakers or other druggies that fuck their cars up that badly. Everyone ignores that because they'll never be going 100 MPH and rip the roof off of their car violently.

I got the mustang in June 2014 so only had it for a few months and had poured some $2K into it for mods (SCT X4 tuner and tune, strut tower brace and 3.73 gears + install) . Thank fuck I had not bought new tires and rims for it yet...

that is pretty shitty. I've towed a few cars that came close. closest one was a genesis that had 200miles on it when someone rear ended them pretty bad.

Did you hit the junkyard and get your mods back?

how does insurance company make money if everyone is a retard?

Anything "permanently" installed is part of the car pretty much. So strut tower brace had to stay and the airaid CAI as well.

The tuner I had at home of course but I could not unmarry the car from it so I sent it to SCT with the Geico papers showing it was totaled and they reset the tuner so I was able to sell it.

Geico said the only mod that added any real value was the 3.73 gears upgrade and asked for proof of install and parts bought so I sent them the credit card statement and receipt for the gears + install. They actually paid out another $1100 dollars extra which was nice.

Basically mods never increase value unless its a lifted jeep wrangler or a gears upgrade. lol

They went from charging me ~$600 every 6 months to $1300 after I totaled my mustang. So eventually they will make the money back.

They also dropped me from their regular insurance department and "re insured" me through some program that guarantees insurance for drivers that are high risk in NC or some BS.

yea I would have just taken that shit off anyway. and let them have the whatever is left.

Would have been nice to do and I would have except that at the tow yard they send a guy with me when I asked to get my license plate. I know its "my car" but its under their custody at the tow yard so not sure how all that legally works. Very doubtful that they would allow you to spend a few hours there taking shit off.

Good luck ever getting another insurance with a new car

Depends on impound lot most wont let you do that. I would have taken it back to my house since I still have all the stock shit for mine. When adjuster shows up and says its totaled. Take everything off that I want. Put all the stock parts inside the car fuck reinstalling all the shit. Call the insurance guys up to come and get it or I'm gonna roll it to the street and the city will take it for being a wrecked car on the street. They can go get it out of the city impound lot if they still want it after that happens.

Unless you declare the mods to the insurance and pay out the ass for having a modded car this is usually the best option.

When im dealing with a 20K car im not gonna roll it into the street to get impounded lol I had only paid 3 payments on the car on a 7 year loan.

The wreck was more of a financial blessing in disguise as I got raped for 23K on a car worth about 18-19k absolute max.

I actually just sold the stock airbox and tube for like $60 on ebay since I found it in storage at the house lol

Once they decide its totaled it doesn't matter. It's not your car anymore you are getting a check from them. It becomes their hunk of scrap metal. I mean call them up once you stripped off what you want and say you have 2 days to come get it before I put it on the street out of my driveway. You would be surprised how fast insurance companies work when they have to spend more money. Once had a lady say just take my wreck to your impound lot. She said last time I got in a car wrecked the insurance dragged their feet cause I had it towed home. Take it to your lot and charge storage fees they will have an adjuster there in a day or 2.

I was at no fault in the collision and have a perfect driving record except for a few speeding tickets. I think I'll be okay.