tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 5
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-5/
Respawn will be back to work soon™ now that the holidays are coming to a close, that means "content"

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tq3tejFKgSw
youtube.com/watch?v=EkVg7MYZmuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>He's fast!

>tfw 7 Kills and 77k Points in Last Titan Standing.

Don't mind me, just being the best Boost.

Son, you and I need to have a talk.

You can talk to me while I'm up in my giant robot reinforced by a shield and starting off with 50% Core.

>hear people having good time on LTS
>always get the shitters who just sit in place and never move
>or who abandon their titan for the whole match
>or who just fumblefuck their way in the middle of the map in a group of four blocking each other while getting shot to death

whyme.jpg

QUICK,
/tfg/, WE HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO HELP DESIGN TiF3's SINGLE PLAYER.
WHAT IS IT THIS TIME?

>RPG elements that aren't levels or loot hoarding, more story-decision making
>Go through pilot school in IMC remnant facility or Militia facility
>Have to choose which AI core will be used for your Titan (small things at first like voice and accent)
>Intro has you choose a faction through story decisions, each faction has hub you hang out in between missions
>Titan OS adapts their personality based on your decisions.

Given that Respawn seems open to recruiting indie talent, Toby Fox might be a good choice for designing the story

test pls ignore

I'll have to fix the bitrate and whatnot because it looks like shit.

ronin should not be executable when in sword core

Can I play Tittyfall?

try 1400

Yes, but not looking great or nothin
You should be able to manage 60 fps tho, Respawn Min specs are usually tailored for 60 fps

Respawn's "minimum specs" are not the absolute minimum to run. It's the minimum to have 60 FPS with more than acceptable graphics.

I want to have a campaign where the end goal revolves around the Fold Bridge hinted at in TF1's IMC Ending. You know, the thing that if the IMC build it, they get a freeway back to the Core Systems and the industrial power of Earth to use against the Frontier? That really big much bigger than the Fold Weapon thing? THAT THING? Yeah let's have THAT.

Also having it so that single player and multiplayer's movement systems are 1 to 1 might be smart.

OOOH, that sounds interesting, especially if you have non-combat sections where you just explore civilian spaces.

Brah lay off the sauce.This is a shootbang game made by shootbang people.

THATS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

My system is worse than yours and I can run it at 1920x1080 with 2x AA and still get 60FPS.

Ok, so I can use Northstar, after Gen5-ing Legion non stop since I got the game because DAKKA. But how do I reeeeeeeally use Northstar?

Also when the fuck can I get Northstar Prime with some nice nose art/colours because her look really fucks me off. Mike Wasowski looking titanfu.

10.9 Northstar here. Most Northstar players fall into two playstyles. In general only shoot fully charged shots and always aim for crit points.

>Sniper
Utilizes snares and clusters to keep titans away while landing long range hits. Use Threat Optics, Enhanced Clusters, or double tether for spacing

>Fast
Grab Viper Thrusters and play more of a midrange kiting your opponents with your dashes and vtol. Trap people with cluster/tether combos and rain missiles upon anyone who gets too close.

You can also be sneaky and use nuke eject to punish anyone who rushes you while doome. Throw a tether, bait your doomed booty, when they get locked by the tether, eject in their face.

I prefer Overcore/Viper Thrusters as Iike to play more of the fast playstyle.

how's it look tfg?
please dont get mad at me for the attrition playtime- its the only mode my slowfriends are willing to play

but attrition is one of the only good game modes

Even though both are great for maintaining Titan dominance
>Shredding Titans with amped AT
>Shielding and Healing your and teamates' titans

I think battery boost is slightly better because of its sheer versatility. It heals, shields, and gives a huge boost to either your Titan meter or your Core meter if used on your own Titan.

I like fast....

So kite with tether/cluster combos. Full charge shots only, is it a higher DPS payoff, for lack of a better term? And I run Turbo/Viper at the moment, thats the good fast yeah?. I think I'm kind of doing mid range style at the moment, then I drop off to long range cheeky peeking style when I'm near or in Doomed state.

>can't hit anything with car or volt or devotion
>try out R97 which is supposedly inaccurate
>can actually hit things now
What

Mmm...I'd like to see at least a hub area to see the other people in your faction in multiplayer or something.
I just want to hang out with Blisk and Barker and Viper more

Happened to me too. I don't question it.

>But how do I reeeeeeeally use Northstar?
Like that guy above mentioned, you either treat her like a "Sniper" who only really does well if she has ally titans forming a frontline to protect her so she can safely shoot over their shoulders, or "Fast" where she's a more aggressive hit and run mid-range fighter. That mid range is where she really shines because it's where the tether and Cluster are able to be utilized to their peak effectiveness.

Don't treat her like a sniper. Don't think that fully charged shots are mandatory. A series of quick shots are just as useful.

Hit and run. Take off chunks of their health while they're focused on something else. Peek and shoot to piss off the enemy and have them want to pursue you. Use your superior speed to keep ahead of them. The only one who can outrun you is Ronin, and you can use your flight mode, especially with Viper Thrusters (assuming there's nothing overhead to block you or he hit you in advance with Arc Wave to reduce your height) to avoid the effective range of his arsenal.

If it's a head on fight and the enemy titans are focused on you, pace a steady retreat. Don't blow your Dashes so flippantly, save them for actual evasion; simply sprinting away is quick enough to outrun the four bigger guys. If you break off too fast, you'll probably run out of places to go and end up cornered. Some maps are just really bad for this kind of thing since there are so few paths to run.
Lead them to a place where they can't take cover and where they are sure to run into the Tether you set up a moment ago. Drop your Cluster right at their snared feet and plink away.

>And I run Turbo/Viper at the moment, thats the good fast yeah?

Fun fact: Turbo Thrusters for the Stryders increases the recovery time of dashes by ~2 seconds. So if you want more dashes available at one time, Turbo is good. If you want more dashes over time, Turbo is bad.

>I think I'm kind of doing mid range style at the moment, then I drop off to long range cheeky peeking style when I'm near or in Doomed state.

That is what I usually do or bait them into my teammates' titans. If you are cheeky and kite well/use cover, you can become quite annoying.

What is the appeal of Cold War? Feels like a worse EPG to me.

time to remove slows

way better against titans

way better splash damage

good against groups

>New Cuck Republic flag

It is in many ways an easier to use EPG at least for hitting ground targets. Unlike the EPG It is pretty much useless against fast opponents unless you hit all the shots on a wall running target. The one shot kill of the EPG can kill fast pilots effectively if you lead shots well.

If you can use the EPG well there really is no reason to opt for the Cold War.

CAR, Alternator and Volt have pinpoint spread. If you aren't dead on, you miss with everything. If you ARE dead on, they die instantly.

R97 has a bit of spread to the hip fire. That 2.0° spread gives you a bit of lenience to your aim. You get the benefit of an easier time staying on target with the introduction of random chance having shots miss. Good thing it fires at 1080 rounds per second.

>invite network to attrition
>no one ever joins

c'mon guys

>dem creased flags
Go iron them things. How is that stock for the 10/22 anyway?

how do i use space ak good guys

>tfw too intelligent core ready

EPG is better in every category, it is much more consistent and with the Angel City splash damage buff it got it destroys A.I. especially if you shoot them straight out of the drop pod.

Amped Cold War is better against Titans than Amped EPG though, I'll give you that.

I know I need to do so, I like the stock, looks and feels pretty great

i use cold war when i dont feel like aiming as much

I swear every game I use the EPG I either have a game where I consistently instagib pilots or have to shoot them 2-3 times to kill anyone. The EPG is a cruel mistress. The Cold War is real fun though, wish I could kill more than just slows with it though...

>tfw you have every advocate gift camo, banner and patch that Coliseum can give you, so there's no point anymore
>tfw you still play it solely to deny others from doing the same like you're protecting a horde of goodies

>Red Jacket .22 stock
Literally kys tbhmfam

Mid range sounds like the perfect ticket. I'm not about the nuclear eject life either so I may look into Overcore as I already use Emergency Battery, 50% core is a ticket to jump in a fight and then peace out to my mid range safe space.

I didn't know this, I assumed it was a simple flat extra dash. It explains why I felt that Northstar charged dashes slower than Legion when I used Turbo on both, I simply put it down to 3 dashes obviously takes longer than 1, but even then it felt longer than 3x the Legions recharge. I guess I learned a thing so thanks! I may weight up Over core instead, or may stick to my 3x dash, its not like I NEED to overutilize them if I'm at midrange, I can simply use them as a GTFO of here option.

---

Is there anyway to air dash? It seems Northstar can't dash with in VTOL, but I thought I may have accidentally Dashed whilst using the Core ability?

Fuck I love the Space AK. I'd like to have this gun in a more tacticool game

what's wrong with it desu desu senpai

but how do i kill things
i am not good at shooting it

I feel like the L-Star makes a better SMG than the SMR

Neither are good but there's just no reason to take the SMR unless you want to deal chip damage to titans

>this custom game

>Is there anyway to air dash? It seems Northstar can't dash with in VTOL, but I thought I may have accidentally Dashed whilst using the Core ability?

Nope, as much as I would like to air dash. We can only pray to Speed King Viper and hope Respawn adds some way to air dash. It would be cool in Flight Core, but I don't think it is necessary for basic VTOL

smr kills in two hits

>He doesn't know about amped SMR, destroyer of Titans

I'm enjoying Battleborn a great deal as well. Your choices were excellent though.

shoot things=kill

>Also having it so that single player and multiplayer's movement systems are 1 to 1 might be smart.
Maybe I just wasn't paying enough attention during SP, but what do you mean?

Attrition isn't bad. I like it because it makes it much harder for shitters and slows to camp like they do in Pilots vs. Pilots, since they have to keep moving to avoid grunts/specters/reapers/etc.

>SMR unless you want to deal chip damage to titans
Are you retarded?

HA HA, I'M GONNA USE THE SPITFIRE AND THERES NOTHING /tfg/ CAN DO TO STOP ME

What does the SMR acronym stand for?

Shaped Missile R______?
Sidewinder Missile R____?
So Many Rockets?

VTOL is just for peeking over buildings and escape routes on Drydock then? Thats cool.

Oh, last ask, is there any way to fling the Tether a bit further? Aiming up or dashing it forward? It seems like it has a 10-15 yard maximum throw.

Thanks for all the tips Brostars, I like the Titanfall community, we are pretty chill.

>I'M GONNA STAB MYSELF IN MY FOOT 80 TIMES AND THERES NOTHING /tfg/ CAN DO TO STOP ME
youtube.com/watch?v=tq3tejFKgSw

Sub-Machine Rocket.

7.12 Northstar, reporting in.

I think the best Northstars are fluid about what role they're taking based on the situation. How many titans are there on each team? Where are they? Which titans are they (mostly a question of how many Ronins will be hunting your qt booty)?

There are four core skills to Northstar, besides raw aim:
>kiting with map knowledge
>liberal use of VTOL and cluster to pick off rooftop pilots
>knowing when to full charge and when to just shoot an almost-full-charge at a crit spot so you can fall back and keep space
>finding and knowing keyhole shooting positions around the map

A lot of Northstar is map knowledge actually, since you're so fragile and can't really brawl without thinking. You need to have good target identification (or just take Threat Optics), and you need to know the optimal flanking route/position + need to always have a secure escape plan. Also good to know which ledges you can VTOL up onto to create shortcuts and shooting positions no other titan has access to. Black Water Canal is the best map for this.

Happy hunting!

Aim up, throw tether. May the parabola favor you. Also try to hide tethers, most competent people shoot them if there in the open

Suck My Riddick

Sounds Legit, why didn't I think of that?

Speed is Life. Got it!

I figured that was the limit of it, I tried to dash them forward like you might use the momentum of a grapple/speed wall run to fling a grenade but no dice...

Ok then. Time to embrace the Viper Life. Before I dash out, post your Northstar paint jobs, I wanna see how good the later combinations can be, I'm a dlc pack shitter ATM.

spotted in network

currently using a full bee-themed loadout suggested by another user in the previous thread

whats the best kit for ronin?

>LTS
>two RDDT on both sides
>the ones on my team were actually good
Everything turned out better than expected

thx for tip user it is very good gun now

>Not using Hornet patch
Are there any bee-themed banners?

Double Arc Wave.

Gunposting?

Some people use Double Arc Wave, I personally use Temporal Anomaly so I can dodge around or through other Titans that much more often.

>tfw ywn have a brobot like BT

You on PC and using the JP voice pack? Someone said they had problems sending invites and it would be invisible to other players in the network, and some of the guys in the stack said that the Jap language pack might be causing it but I don't know.

No, im on ps4

Sidewinder Micro-Rockets

>Searching Attrition
>Loading Crash Site
>Leave Match
>Searching Attrition
>Loading Crash Site
>Leave Match
>Searching Attrition
>Loading Crash Site
>Leave Match
>Searching Attrition
>Loading Complex
>Turn off game and not play for 2 weeks

Not quite unlocked Bee Pilot yet, though its a fine scheme.

I'm going for the Viper style, I pray to the Advocate for Redline nose art to match the custom pack silver/red warpaint.

I fixed it, please continue to work hard for /tfg/

Guns are for nerds

Holy fuck I love you. I'm gonna have to copy that.

Anyone with the Japanese setting unable to join or start parties? I had that issue earlier today, then reset my language and it worked fine.

What do you listen to while you Titanfall? Currently putting a mix together of HIGH ENERGY music. Now, I'm no /mu/ so don't expect anything to be good.

It all clicked when the user said that the optimal use of the Hover kit was to treat it like Northstar VTOL. I used to think it was a bad kit, but now I've seen the light. It's a fucking godsend on grenadier weapons.

Also I'm wondering if I should jokingly or maybe not so jokingly add some Green Hill Zone to the playlist...

youtube.com/watch?v=EkVg7MYZmuQ

youtube.com/watch?v=wy9r2qeouiQ

>when the lag is just right to nullify your shota in a close quarter firefight

I can post my action figures instead of guns then? I have no dildos though

>Get several hitmarkers right before dying
>Enemy is unscathed

why is the hemlok?

Because hemlock is.