Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16404355/#q16404355
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump, great potential here.

First part of interior customization is LED bulbs everywhere
>more color choices, from warm to cold shades of white
>colors, match that interior color for maximum comfyness
>longer lifetime and less heat output than halogen
>cheap as fugg, chinks sell LED-bulbs on ebay for less than what you pay for coffee

Negative sides of LED
>CANBUS throws a shitfit
>some LED's flash in newer cars after ignition is turned off for whatever reason

Gonna have to work led stuff into op

I've replaced my dome and welcome lights with colored leds. (Red in doors, purple for dome)

I've been kicking around the idea of putting a removable floor in the trunk of my Benz since it didn't come with the OEM liner. Wood seems to be the most popular but I'm curious if anyone's done anything else.

is that a audi 100 more pics pls

Interior wrapping doesn't need to be ricy, though it is most of the time. If you've got old grey shitty toyota/ford/renault-tier plastic in your car you might want to wrap it though, you can get wraps like piano black for pretty cheap on ebay and it's hard to fuck them up if you have common sense, also removable most of the time.

If you have something like old Benz with wood or imitation-wood trim, you can polish them with a rotary and a soft pad to bring them back to life, unless they're FUBAR, then wrap them. If you've got smooth plastic trims or panels, those can be polished too.

underage b&

coloured LEDs and rattle-canned dashes are cringy, pls

Then don't do them, get out

No one said anything about rattle-canned dashes?

I love synthwave so I'm doing it tastefully

I get what you mean but what i did is different from that.

It looks cool but it'll get scuffed to shit really quickly.

This user vinyl will look fine and won't scuff as bad

My NB Miata has orange interior lights and I've managed to find a head unit that matches quite well. However, I'm a big guy 4u so I took my visors out for better visibility when driving. I'd like to put orange LEDs in the sockets where the visors were to compensate for the god-awful interior lighting of the stock NB.

Can I just tear the middle light out, run some wires along the A-beams to the sides where the visors were, and stick some LEDs in there?

I have grey trim in my MJ that was sprayed black on the floor door jambs. I want all my interior trim to be black but replacing it all properly will be time consuming and expensive to source. What's the best paint and topcoat to use?

friendly reminder that this is cringy rice shit unless you go with tasteful white LED's purely for utility

Basically yeah. You can get bulb sockets for pennies too, so you might actually make it look nice as well.

I'd take them out and do it right. If they're not shitty bumpy-surface plastic, you might have a good shot at just using PU vinyl on them, will certainly last better than paint on plastic.

No one cares

Yeah, the surface is textured. I'll probably go ahead and get the door jambs and kick panels from an XJ for cheap and paint the B pillar cover since that's what the unicorn part is gonna be.

Kind of related but my roof liner is falling off. I drive a Nissan pickup so the cab is pretty small, any idea how much it might cost to get it fixed or replaced?

thanks for the tips

i've replaced the interior lining in one of my old cars with fabric, pretty easy if you want to do it yourself, just time consuming if you want to get it perfect.

the hardest part is getting all of the creases out of the new fabric and not breaking any of the plastic clips. but if you go to a hobby store like joann's that can cut any length of fabric you can get everything you need for cheap.

should i replace my old 80's yellow dull interior bulbs with white LED's?

I did and I hate them. I plan on reverting back actually

good to know.

what if I just did the interior head lamp that comes on when the door is open, but not the actual dash lights and shit?

Yeah, you should try. LED bulbs aren't expensive.

it isn't

rice is making your car look fast or sound fast

dude... no.

What?

Nice B5 facelift cluster, though I don't really like blue lights.

I didn't really appreciate how comfy and how much thought went into the early 2000's VW's until I got my civic. Do those red lights stay on while you're driving? Couldn't you find a better looking head unit? It's just tacky.

and of course I forget the image.

Yeah, they do stay on. Thought about installing a switch but wasn't necessery. That head unit is flush as tits, it looks good enough, I don't conform to that boomer attitude that a head unit has to look like something made out of grey plastic and absolutely cannot have anything extra. I got it because it's got adjustable colors, bluetooth audio and hands free, USB, AUX, CD, RCA outs for my amplifiers and a good price.

The OP pic isn't me btw, it's from the other ig thread with the spiderman car

I had that too, looked weird when both the old lights and the retrofitted lights were both on. Also for some fucking unknown reason the lights would flicker sometimes unless the car was on (engine running not just the key turned); fucking drove me mad

That's newer cars with CANBUS for you, I guess the system sends out a small pulse for some reason every now and then, not enough to light the halogens, but enough to blink the leds

For plastic pieces dont use paint but a vinyl dye. They sell it at most autoparts store now.

rate

not you again

i...i just noticed the door mirror...

I appreciate the effort and the fact that you went as far as you did, but honestly that blue shade of plastic looks like it was made out of kids toys, blue just isn't that good of a color if the finish isn't spot on and if it's not somehow in contrast with the rest of the interior. Looks fun though, but unfortunately I don't see what you saw in it.

Grey plastic and kid-toy tier blue color? Sorry user.

Sound deadening any1?

My prius c is loud as fuck on highway, my diesel truck is loud as fuck in general. Also how could I seal noise any when it's a manual, the only thing there is a fucking rubber boot.

I've done some LED shit but I haven't taken the time to do it good yet. The old truck is getting older and more worn out, as am i... at this rate I will need to rebuild the front axle and replace the throw out bearing if I don't want squeeks. And a huge list of other shit.

Also is vinyl good for a whole dash, door panels? Mine are sun faded and starting to crack. Lmc has new shit too but swapping the dash is a BITCH

>want seats with bigger bolsters to hold in my fatfuck body
>like how the seats look too much to get rid of them

I don't suppose anyone makes tweed buckets?

Hey, another MJ owner.

This is what I used to do my center console and door panel trim (just the top piece under the window sill) when I got rid of the baby blue bench seat and swapped over to buckets. I would suggest HIGHLY that you get the flat black can, as it most closely resembles the OE black interior that was offered back in the day.

After almost 4 years, it's still holding up pretty good; I might have to re-do the door panel at some point down the road (Florida heat and humidity has taken it's toll), but the center console looks as good as the first day that I sprayed it.

Key to this stuff is how well you prep beforehand. Try and clean all that old cloth and vinyl pieces as well as you can before you paint them. I didn't use any primer, but I would probably advise it if you're going to be painting the A/B pillar plastic trims. As for vinyl, just use 2-3 coats of the paint by itself.

For reference; old picture, but shortly after I did the panels, before I got rid of the bench seat for buckets.

>First part of interior customization is LED bulbs everywhere
Hell no, the dindu and homeless see your footwell customization lights at night and they know it is a car to come look at after you walk off. Dome lights serve as a beacon for homeless to come to you and ask for money. If they don't get any, there is a small chance your car will be scratched up. Because so many cars have been scratched, it is now "customary" to hand money over when someone asks you for some.

Make America great with refugees only looks good on ivory tower plans. In reality, the refugess displace existing people into the homeless class thus creating the bad situation we have now with excessive homelessness and excessive parking lot problems.

My car comes with the ability to disable all dome, door, footwell lights when the car doors open and that is what I use for safety. I do not want homeless and dindu walking in my direction because I turn on the dome lights in a parking lot.

Safety FIRST. Looking good comes a very very distant second because looking good after I am mugged is worthless. And I don't want to be approached for payment either because handing over $5 or $10 or $20 (some ask for $20) makes me mad.

kek, this is modern America? Wow.
>what are switches

Sorry I don't live in shit area where light means I have money.

Holy shit between the mirror and the spiderman, it just gets worse and worse the longer you look at it.

>That mirror
Is it a selfies stick or what?

>Sound deadening any1?

There's an good dynamat and sound deadening materials Veeky Forums thread archived at one of those websites.

>kek, this is modern America? Wow.
You should have seen the Gas Station stories thread. When you stop for gas, you are outside the car and of course you have car keys and house keys in your pocket. You have a wallet in your pocket.

Gas Station Stories
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/16404355/#q16404355

Picture of redone headliner in unknown car. I found it on Veeky Forums but no other info as to who or what or where. It sure looks good. If the floor mats were also black and red, then this would have great impact.

That's a B5 A4, got more pics at home.

jesus look how far away the wheel is from the wiper/turn signal stalks. you have to take your hand OFF the wheel to hit the turn signal.

It's a lovely little car

There's a use for the tablet holder tho it's not the prettiest.

unfortunately the only ones i know of are non-reclining suspension seats like PRP

any slight turn and everything you have in your trunk is flung into the walls and scratches up your flooring.

>I've been kicking around the idea of putting a removable floor in the trunk of my Benz since it didn't come with the OEM liner.
>Wood seems to be the most popular
Wood floor paneling has a number of drawbacks:
a. It has a smooth shiny finish that has low friction. Everything slides around in your trunk.
b. Wood parquet flooring scratches up from sliding things. Once the polyurethane shiny coating is rubbed off, the wood begins to fray and splinter up with very tiny splinters.
c. Wood is not good in car accidents and can create splintery debris that has to be removed.
d. Wood is not sound friendly for cars. Instead of being absorbed by trunk carpet or rubber mat, noise will bounce around and re-enter the passenger cabin thru the seat backs.

Anyways, you'll probably end up putting a rubber mat in the trunk just to keep things from sliding around. So all the looks of the wood will become hidden.

An indirect argument against wood is already shown by all those that enter car audio contests. Obviously, installation aesthetics has a lot to do with winning. You don't see wood in the highly rated cars.

How can i secure my jack and tools in my trunk like the fire extinguisher in this picture?

Is it possible to paint material seats with this so that it won't stain your clothes n shit ?