/buyingusedcars/

Thread for people buying a used car. Where we share our advice, experience and opinions.

---

I am looking at buying a 94 Honda Accord for $800 it hasn't been driven in two years and the owner says it in good condition. Is it a risk? This is Australia. So a year's registration will be $700, along the other admin cost that will total $100.

Other urls found in this thread:

asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5953350211.html
supermaxautos.com/2004_Mitsubishi_Lancer_Strasburg_VA_266779492.veh
smd.craigslist.org/cto/5954128555.html
fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5918116219.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Buying a 23 year old car, that has been abandoned for 2 years and only costs 700 bucks is always gonna be a risk

>Holden Astra
lmao, won't GM let the britbongs and ausfags know they are buying Opels and their cars are just rebadget shit to feel better about themselves?

any car left for 2 years is a risk. did they at least start it up once a week?

>implying any human being has the discipline to start a car once a week every week for more than like a month
No, and if he says he has he's lying

Buddy is talking about buying an old 2000 Prelude from some woman his boss is friends with for 350. Tells me there's an issue with the electrics, says it's just a grounding issue. I tell him I'll buy it from him for 450 because I'm looking for a prelude.

It's either this, or buy an old civic for 800-900. Both cars are meant to be sleepers, only with not shit interiors. Thoughts anyone?

anyone worth their salt on the streets will know what a prelude is, not a sleeper.
ask why they haven't got the grounding issue fixed if it's so small. offer to buy it at a higher price with the issue fixed. if they back out they are hiding shit.

Drive a Toyota corolla currently but I'm looking to buy a truck so the other guys I work with won't find out about my small penis. Was thinking about a Tacoma but I don't think it's big enough. Any advice?

asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5953350211.html

>Twelve Thousand american dollars
>181,000 miles.

WTF

KBB says 6K in mind condition with the stars aligned....

The owner is a woman who after it broke just bought a new car. Apparently, the only reason she hasn't already sold is because of sentimental value since it's the first car she ever bought from a dealership, and didn't want to sell It at first anyways, my buddy had to finagle her into selling it. Probably should have mentioned that earlier, but i was taking a shit.

supermaxautos.com/2004_Mitsubishi_Lancer_Strasburg_VA_266779492.veh

Considering this, have $5000, would use the rest for timing belt/water pump change, etc. Reviews say the Lancer is generally reliable and it's fairly low mileage. Would be used mostly for commuting and getting groceries, I'm a poor college kid.

Opinions anyone?

I don't know how you think that 10.5 somehow means 12.

This sounds true enough

smd.craigslist.org/cto/5954128555.html

should I?

I had an '03 Lancer LS, last year before the facelift. Absolutely great car, never had a problem with it in 3 years, not very fast or sexy but if you want a solid, easy to drive car with a nice interior you cant do wrong with a Lancer.

Ah yes top gear UK's worst car in the world

No matter what the owner says or how you feel about the car, always take it to a shop and have it checked out

I don't care how many times you have to do it. It's worth the time and money to avoid buying a shit car you'll have to put a lot of money into

inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/5949032936.html
Thinking about fgetting this, my current truck 1996 1500 is giving me too many problems, I'm new to this as I'm looking to buy my first car, my truck was given to me, Honda's are kind of expensive in my area and are pretty ugly, any thoughts? I absolutely love the light blue paint on older BMWs so I'm really digging this

How are the nissan frontiers for a small truck?

fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/5918116219.html
Does this look good?
It kind of sketches me out.

tl'dr what would you pay for pic related

I've got an 86 Ranger, pic related. I wanna sell it cause my bones are telling me it's not gonna last much longer, though there is nothing wrong with the engine, tranny, etc.

~123,000 miles, 2.9 v6, 4 speed auto, long bed, no rust, interior and exterior are 8/10, recently replaced fuel pump, inertia valve, ECM, and stereo (new head unit, speakers and sub w/ amp). A/C has leaked out all r12. Tires are 85%.

Really it's a great truck, and in awesome condition considering it's 30 years old, but my gut is telling me it's got to go.

Bought it for 2 grand, have dumped about 1 grand into it fixing it up. I've got delusions of grandeur that some old dude will want a nice old truck and pay me top dollar for it or some bullshit, but that's dumb. What would you pay for it?

Cool, good to hear. thanks user.

>Acura
lmao, won't Honda let the amerifats and canadians know they are buying Hondas and their cars are just rebadget shit to feel better about themselves?

I'm ok with that, I am neither amerifat nor a honda driver :^)

im looking to by a v8 dodge charger as my first car
any advice on what i should look out for?

2004 Subaru Forester XT
128,000 mi
$5980

From a small dealer so there may be some extra fees. Should I pull the trigger? This seems like a good deal, all the other XTs I've seen are much higher priced and often have cheap mods and rice stuff. This one seems relatively stock.

This is such a tired meme. No one acts like Acura is anything other than Hondas with nicer options and styling unless they're fucking clueless normies that don't know an I4 from a v12.