Looking for a ~$15k older sports oriented hatchback, sedan or wagon. AWD or RWD, must be a manual...

Looking for a ~$15k older sports oriented hatchback, sedan or wagon. AWD or RWD, must be a manual, preferably more than 20 years old. (Yes I already looked at the sticky)

I feel like my budget is high enough to find what I'm looking for, but I haven't had any luck on Craigslist yet. It seems every older car on that site is either a cheap, barely running junker or a super expensive 0 miles show car. Just trying to find that happy medium. Can you help?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5915320980.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5940206595.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5952494581.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5950107346.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5952650480.html
austin.craigslist.org/cto/5923695228.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I forgot to include the coupe bodystyle in my list. Definitely wouldn't mind a two door, as a matter of fact I'd prefer one.

Look in places other than Craigslist.

You might just have to drive by on the right day, to find some old man selling his old baby.

Look for a dealership that is into that kind of thing.

C5 Corvette

e34 m5.

I dont really wanna fuck with the BMW M series.

What a bargain! 405hp, double wishbone suspension, reliable. I'll definitely be looking into these, thanks

>Hetro list
Porsche 928
Mazda RX-7
bmw 3 series
any number of RHD Subarus
IROC Z28
Caterham 7
>Hairdresser list
MX5

>928
thought these were kinda trash/unreliable? Could be completely wrong.
>rx7
FD's in my area are all overpriced to shit, the market for the previous generation seem to be extremely high miles with many problems. A clean red FD with the factory wing is literally my dream though.
>3-series
e30's are very interesting to me but not nearly as cool IMO as the japanese sports cars of the same age
>RHD subarus
Awesome. Keeping an eye out for those.
>everything else on that list
Mx5 gay, Caterham 7 a bit impractical, already owned an IROC and thought it was meh.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5915320980.html

What do you guys think about this?

SO FUCKING HARD RIGHT KNOW, BUY THIS, will keep going up in value

>13k for a Nissan with 175k miles
Are weebshits this retarded? You could literally buy an 03/04 Cobra with less than 50k miles for a few k more and have an infinitely better platform that's going to retain value since it's our generation's GN.

No. it's a shitty old nissan.

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5940206595.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5952494581.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5950107346.html

Just be aware it's not legal to swap an SR20 into a 240 in Cali. So it's up to you m8.

The main thing with the 928 is in 2 major areas.

First, if you get one, redo anything and everything that is rubber. All seals, all belts, everything. Those things snap and break and cause the car to overheat and burn up real quick.

Second, a major problem with them is the gas tank actually develops stress cracks in them, due to it being a plastic gas tank with a fuel pump in a very bad location. So either get ready to invest in a new tank since the car is old, or learn how to repair cracks in plastic. I had a friend use hot glue once, and it surprisingly worked for a while for him to get some cash.

Other than that, it's a pretty neat car that can be picked up at a somewhat affordable price.

you read the sticky but you learned NOTHING

READ IT AGAIN

Yeah you'll need a friendly smog shop every 2 years

>e39 530i
His budget is 15k, for that kind of money you could get the M5 sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5952650480.html

Thanks for being the only one here that agrees with me! I think it's awesome personally.

>posts a 530i
learn to read

It really seems like it's been gone through though. Obviously it could all be smoke and mirrors and I'd have to see the car first. But if it's as described in the post then what exactly is wrong with it:?

If you want a Japanese E30 go for a Datsun 510.
You can also find clean 240z's at that price range if you're patient enough.

>posts a 530i
Whoops, that's embarrassing.

regardless, 15k still gets you into e39 M5 territory, or at very least the M-package 540i.

Not sure how much OP is prepared to spend on maintenance costs though.

me op. would prefer low, easy maintenance.

I agree, an m5 is a better car but it is a maintenance whore if you buy one that hasn't had the problem areas taken care of already.

z06

>that price though

austin.craigslist.org/cto/5923695228.html

Cheap ass 944 turbo and pocket the difference? Pretty sure the long wheel base Audi Quattro is going for cheap (everybody wants the version they see in rally videos).

Good luck finding one with that budget

Ask PePe who he's bribing to get it smogged every two years.

i kinda want one noew. very unique and interesting drivetrain. great style too