Why do you hate American cars?

Why do you hate American cars?

I don't, I drive one, I just hate GM

I don't, I just think the memes are funny. I always get a good chuckle when I see a Ford broken down on the side of the road

New Fords seem pretty nice though desu senpai

bad design
bad interiors
too heavy
boring engines
embarrassing reputation

American companies just dont make a single car that appeals to me and hasnt for a long time

t. Feeedom-hating Yuropleb

Its mostly just weebs and Euro cucks parroting what they hear. All manufacturers have their goods and bads.

this is one of the reasons I view them as an embarrassment

the people who like them are just the types I would never want to associate with

Im an American anyway

I don't hate them, I just don't find them interesting.

>boring engines

I can agree with bad interiors and weight to some degree (though a Viper/Vette is lighter than most of its competition). But this one in particular I don't understand. American engines are great, pic related.

Voodoo is a speshul snowflake

most American engines focus on torque and linear power and its almost always a boring V8 or V6

not very fun to drive

the Viper/Vette has like no luxury compared to itx competition and much worse build quality too

>linear power
>boring
let me guess, you like small displacement 4 pots with turbos for the skiddzz?

Jesus calm down fucko
I agree that V8 speed are shitty to deal with, but I like the cars for the cars themselves, powertrain wise
Cars that had interesting engines like the L67 cars, the Cobalt SS, Focus SVT, SRT-4s, Fieros, etc

Vipers are handbuilt by SRT and are lightyears ahead of other FCA shite in terms of quality. I was impressed with it, I couldn't find any creaks or cheap plastics when exploring the interior.

Can't speak for the C7 since I've never sat in one, but I like the Supra-ish cockpit it has.

And yet, the snek blows the doors off of Supercars that cost 10x as much and has no competition in its market segment. The people who buy sneks laugh at people who need 'interior styling' to feel superior when looking at the snek's taillights.

*V8 spergs

turbos will always be more fun to drive

but even high revving cars with linear power are fun

Americans make boring low revving truck engines

shitty V6 with a supercharger
shitbox 4 with a turbo
shitbox 4
shitbox 4 with a turbo
shitbox 4 and 6

SOOO interesting

yeah its a benchracers wet dream we get it

the rest of the world knows its shit thus its getting killed

hows that tree tasting

>says he loves turbos
>bashes American turbo cars

You're a complete faggot
Wouldn't know considering I'm not a non driving turbo pleb who thinks he's the next Andretti

>Viper/Vette has like no luxury

Unless other cars in their class have S class features i think you pulled that one out of your ass.

>worse build quality too

Again, never heard that one by people who reviewed them. if anything people were a bit blown away buy the quality you were getting in the vette for the money. its like a 40-50K car but the quality definitely feels above that, at least that's what some reviewers were saying. its not Ferrari Grand Tourer/F12 luxury but i don't understand why people consider M3s/M4s luxury despite having a plastic dash and not even coming with leather standard.

>thus its getting killed

Side airbag laws there's another thread actually discussing american safety standards

Corvettes have always been cheaply made Ive only been in older Vipers but they were shit too

theyre not interesting

thats the problem

>we had this laying around so lets put a turbo on it

there aren't many linear power curved engines that rev high. high revving engines usually are peaky.
that said, I love both extremes in N/A form. Owned both a peaky V-TEC motor and a flat band Skyactiv

>my opinion of this well reviewed, fun turbo car is that it's shit because I say so

OK kid

>Corvettes have always been cheaply made
that's pretty much all of GM in terms of interior. their only good interiors are sometimes caddies and GMC trucks

911 has better interior not even comparable

seen plenty complain just look at long term tests and not people who drive them for 1 day at a track

>boring means its shit

nah

theyre just boring prericed shitboxes

>Boring

How are they boring?

>we had this laying around so lets put a turbo on it

then you stuff like the 4G63 which was designed for racing from the get go

Subarus are boxers which at least makes them more interesting and came from plane engines

JZs were developed with turbos in mind

3S-GTE was for rally

Mazda had the rotary

I mean America just took shitbox engines and slapped a turbo on them and did nothing else

sure the Viper is interesting purely because its a V10 the Voodoo is only interesting because its an American flatplane engine

I grew up in the 80s and 90s where all domestic cars were unreliable plastic shitheaps.

People say they're finallygetting good but it's going to take a hell of a lot more than some spergs shilling on a Mongolian hair braiding forum to overturn two decades of precedent.

The EDZ engine from the SRT-4 Neon was co-designed by Lamborghini's F1 team

The Focus SVT engine was co-designed by Cosworth

The Ecotec line was designed by GM to make power and has made power UpTo 800hp reliable and the LNFs in the Cobalt turbos had DI, VVT, and a twin-scroll turbo

They put good tech in the engines and you would know that if you weren't such a week faggot

yet the Neon engine is just a shitbox engine and not much else
same with the Focus
Ecotecs are cheap Opel throwaways

cool stuff Id be proud of that heritage

They get bad reviews and I don't trust that a union made car could be better and cheaper than a foreign made vehicle

>typical Veeky Forums """""enthusiast""""

yeah I just wank off to every shitbox garbage engine out there

>I only appreciate a certain sections of automotive vehicles because my opinion is superior to everyone else's even though I've been proven wrong

>still calling the EDZ a shitbox motor
Stay ignorant, not like you won't though.

havent proven me wrong about anything

you think its interesting just because who worked on it?

generic shitbox engines are generic shitbox engines

stay butthurt
bet you drive a Neon huh

Mustangs make peak power near the top. The cam phasing feels like VTEC, but instead of going from really slow to kinda slow, you go from fast to very fast.

Because the US doesn't make anything remotely good for my interests without also making it "exclusive", because that's the way they think it should be

>COOL cars are for rich people
>NICE cars are for everyone else

Meanwhile japan will gladly give me a purpose built "cool" car for $20k, proving that it's possible to make a car profitable with a shitbox R&D budget - whereas americans would consider it a sin to make anything "performance" oriented without also giving a good 1/4 mile time

>Meanwhile japan will gladly give me a purpose built "cool" car for $20k

Miatas and GT86s are purpose built and cool? so why does Veeky Forums bitch about them so much? they wanted a cheap sports car and they got it.

those also start at $25k USD

but i don't.
i only hate ford

Probably the same reason I would bitch about cheap V6 mustangs

What's wrong with Ford?

>so why does Veeky Forums bitch about them so much
Because it put down a poor lap time.

Nigga is still salty about Le Mans

Truth is they simply can't afford them.

The BRZ/86 was the throwback retro sports coupe everyone asked for, and was better than the AE86/240SX it replaced. Everyone is just waiting to pick up heavily used versions for dirt cheap, and bitching about them in the mean time.

"because they outperform our cars for a fraction of the price"
-yuronips

>Posts a car that has been cancelled

lmao kill yourself

ugly interiors
too big
often very generic and ugly looking outside, most pickups look the same
often shit reliability
engines are outdated and pigfat

only american cars i kinda like are
Ford Focus RS (its actually designed in Germany)
Focus/Mondeo are good DD except ugly Ford interiors
i can see why people like old muscle cars but new ones are ugly as fuck maybe except Challenger
Camaro is pinnacle of american shit design both outside and inside.