Replacing catalytic converter

Hey guys. So my mechanic just told me both my cats are throwing a code. Where as less than a week ago it was only one. I only have cash to replace one. Should I use seafoam or something of that nature to help it pass inspection?

Gotta have it pass in 2 days. Cause ticket.

It's a 2009 v6 Honda accord

>pass inspection
Where the fuck do you live?

Houston

smog inspection dumbass; it's a common thing in the civilized parts of the US

If you don't have the cash then your only choice is to "pass" smog; by that I mean find a guy who will fake the test. I might know a guy if you're in SoCal

Ever consider moving to another county?

>live in the midwest
>never have a smog inspection
What's with all of these retards that fell for the big liberal city meme?

Thanks. Texas sadly. I was wondering if the seafoam in the gas tank could clog it up further before it cleans it completely thru. And because I'm an idiot I only have a couple days before my court date. Otherwise I gotta eat the ticket if I don't get it registered. Which means inspections

What about this stuff?

Anybody have any experience with additives?

There is more to life than playing the banjo and drinking moonshine, Cleetus. Or maybe us city folk "just don't get it"

I once had problems getting my former shitbox to pass smog ('89 acura legend), then I emptied one of these bad boys into the gas tank and it miraculously passed smog. I used to think this shit was snake oil but I am now convinced.

what code? was the car misfiring for a long time? how many miles are on it? cats don't just fail.

I'll give it a try. Thanks man.

Over 150000. Ones been throwing a code for a while. Like 8 months. I'm getting one replaced. And I hope it's enough. Car still runs fine. I think it may be losing power though.

Not sure on the code.

>leaving your check engine light on for 8 months and not knowing the code
go be poor somewhere else.

No smog master race

muffler/cat deletes all day

Removing your catalytic converter and driving on public roads is a federal crime. Enjoy prison and the 3" exhaust you'll end up with

what some junk muffler repair shop did to my car unbeknownst to me isn't going to land me in jail.

>search for shitty muffler shop
>make your own invoice of work done at shop
>wait for muffler shop to close down
>get caught with cat delete
>claim innocence and show invoice from closed down muffler shop indicating shady vague work completed

"NO OFFICER, I TOLD THEM STREET LEGAL PERFORMANCE EXHAUST"

The only place you can say that is at a court hearing you request as an appeal. To prevent "flim flam" fast-talking stories, they stick just to the facts. My state also has biannual smog inspections of older cars prior to 2007 (10 years or older).

>what some junk muffler repair shop did to my car unbeknownst to me isn't going to land me in jail.
It will just get you fined until you fix it. Your logic is the type that dindu use. The state doesn't have a problem with that shop because showing an invoice that you had muffler work done is not proof a cat delete was done without your knowledge. The judge would pointout that it's YOU that has a problem with that shop. It's not the state's responsibility to prove that shop secretly yanked your cat.

But what the gov't does know at this point is that you have a cat delete. To avoid responsibility, it's up to you to prove someone else did that without your permission in a court case so that the official results can be used in your current case.

At that point, if you had a lawyer, he would request a temporary suspension of the case while the new case is filed and prepared. The judge would probably agree if the receipt showed "street legal performance exhaust" and not just some regular muffler repair. But you are only building a bigger and badder fraud story at this point.

Since your car cannot legally be driven, it will either be taken to impound or towed to your home and you agree it will not be driven until after cats are installed.

You can also simply immediately move to another state that has no inspections. You'll not be able to come back due to bench warrants though. Many states prosecute warrants from other states but not always.