pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/p6syP4Qi

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0UQtBMKCipk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it possible to get multiple of Sullyvan's weapons in the first NG?
I'm thinking of cosplaying for boss invasions, tell me what you think. I need help finishing some of these off and would love to get feedback
>Pontiff's Archdeacon
Pontiff's two greatswords, Pontiff Knight Armour, not sure what to do for the helmet.
Boss invade Deacons, Freide Pontiff's fight and Aldritch. Ignore mobs, aim for players.

>Profaned Practitioner
Pyromancer using dark pyromancies invading in Yhorm. Aim for both.

>Lothric Defender
Lothric Knight set, but perhaps with a two-handed greatsword? Invading Dragonslayer Armour and Twin Princes. If using shield, attempt to block hits for Lorian

>Abyssal Envoy
If I can manage, invades Soul of Cinder. Glass canon using Pyromancies, Sorceries and Miracles, but only the Dark pyromancies/sorceries/miracles.
I have no clue what outfit to use with it. Aim for both.

>Abyss Watcher
Dresses up like an Abyss Watcher and fights in the Abyss Watcher fight. Hits everything.

>Artificial Difficulty
Simply an average metagame Estoc build.
Invades Nameless King, goes after player.

(You)
I got you senpai

Faith is great in DS2. It has the best damage type, best buff, and best support miracles. It just doesn't have many offensive spells.

Things that all work great on a faith build:
Lightning Dragon Chime
Heavenly Thunder
Splintering Lightning Spear
Great Lightning Spear
Wrath of the Gods
Pyromancies (They gain a damage boost from Faith)
Great Magic Barrier < < < < this. Most powerful miracle in the game.
Resplendent Life
Sacred Oath (with physical weapon)
Lightning infused weapon with Sunlight Blade
Lightning Thorned Greatsword + Sunlight Blade
Lightning Heide Greatlance + Sunlight Blade
Draognslayer Spear
Sun Seal
Bracing Knuckle (with thorned greatsword)
Lightning Clutch Ring (or RoB if using physical weapons)

Great Magic Barrier will shut down ~50% of meta shitters alone. Having high faith means it lasts forever too. Use sunlight blade to hide your thorned greatsword projectiles, and alternate that with your great lightning spears.

Faith also has the distinction of its best chime also being the fastest, so you can really amp up cast speed through black hood and such. And unlike an INT build, black hood isn't giving you redundant magic defense, but actually complements a faith build's defenses better. Same goes for velstadt's armor and dark.

Do it right and you can trade lightning spears and greatsword hits against all the CMW magic katana users, then throw out a splintering lightning spear when they try to heal.

Only way to get both Pontiff weapons in a single NG is having someone drop the other weapon for you or spawning it with CE.

reposting

Are greatswords the best? Started using Profaned Greatsword and since then, I beat pretty much anything without even trying that hard.

Holy fuck, black phantoms in DeS are harder than like 90% of the bosses in the game.

This is going to be horrific on NG+

Dark Souls is the worst Souls game because your qt is a zombie most of the time unless you never die.

youtube.com/watch?v=0UQtBMKCipk

the profaned greatsword is an ultra greatsword, not a greatsword.
To answer your question, according to most of the playerbase and a good chunk of /dsg/, all ultra weapons are garbage.

what I'm trying to say is that you should be mindful of opinions about which weapons are good and which are bad. You're tearing shit up, it's definitely a good weapon for you.

next from game is DEMON SOULS 2

your face when trailer released?

>Things that all work great on a faith build:
>(You)
>Splintering Lightning Spear
>Great Lightning Spear

For "Usurping the Fire" ending I need to progress through Cathedral of the Deep and then go to the Faron Keep and then to the Carthus, right?

Range and damage is insane and in PVE it seems to tear everything but I'm afraid that in PVP or against some better enemies I will get fucking smashed to peaces, since this thing drains stamina ASAP.

i have 171 stamina just to use this in pvp and only get killed by laggy chinks that phase through any weapons anyway and backstab me

Eh. Demon's Souls has the least interesting setting and lore of the entire series. I'd rather have Bloodborne 2, or even better something new.

So what weapons should I use for PvE and PvP?

for pve whatever you want, for pvp something in the higher tiers that you find fun? i use propaned sword for both. killing people in 2-3 hits is fun

Does Gwyndolin identify as a male or female?

Cock blocking Mount Makers report in.

It's a trap.

I'm using Uchigatana it's not bad weapon but sometimes it gets on my fucking nerves, attacks are kind of slow range isn't that impressive and even most NPC's invading can parry it.

thoughts on nioh?

Is magic/pyromancy even worth touching for weapon enchantments? I feel like they last not for long and I should rather invest my points from int/faith in str/dex or other thing.

bb ripoff

Bloodborne starring Geralt and his friends: Fog, iFrames, and Red Filter

>/dsg/ user asks for co-op in Irithyll
>Yeah OK, should be fun, I'll bring my Sorcery character for some chill fun
>Expect a smooth stroll to Sully

>Get hellride through Boreal, invasion in progress as I arrive, with three more following
>Three invaders turn up before we even reach Yorshka Church
>Spend all my time spamming GSH to drain their stamina until host can wipe them out
>Finally reach the end and clear Pontiff in one attempt

Thanks for the fun user, it was pretty good.
Also thanks for the souls too.

Why are there so many gay furry avatars in this game? Were they always there?

so in these days it's ok to make literal ripoffs? this is a fucking ps4 release game with a publisher and shit? what the fuck

>implying that DaS/DeS wasn't a ripoff of LoZ but "for adults"

i had a lot of fun in the demos. Looking forward to release

>pvp

yeah, so many similarities there, while from just this seconds long webm i can see they have literally copied every single aspect of recent FROM games and this is somehow ok

hope this game gets shit on

really looking forward to it

>acid surge
why

i'm testing it and forgot to remove

It will probably have better story, immersion, combat, and pace than bloodborne.

But what it will lack will be the sense of atmosphere, lore, and not nearly as much customization.

>better immersion than Bloodborne
I'd argue the amazing atmosphere in Bloodborne gives it a level of immersion that few games will reach.

Witchbornediablosouls Gaiden.

No matter what it turns out to be, The Mark of the Conqueror in Nioh is significant.

Before I say why I need to divide the Souls community into two general groups - Conquerors and Conquered - and quickly define both.

Both have basically been around since Demon's Souls, but the very nature of the Conquered demands that the Conquerors come first. Why? Because Conquers beat the path and light the way. Afterward, like mold or a rot, the Conquered seep into the community, ever at the heels of the Conquerors.

How is that? Either by a lack of information upon release or due to a self-imposed restriction, the Conqueror goes in blind. Conquerors embrace the challenge From Software has extended with each release in their Souls/Bloodborne Series while the Conquered abhor it. While Conquerors scratched and clawed their way through levels and boss fights, the Conquered poured over FAQs, Strategy Guides, Wiki Articles, Google Search Results, Let's Plays and How to Videos.

Therefore the Conquered subsist by virtue of the illumination spread over From's games by the Conquerors, entirely dependent on it. Overtime they've let themselves forget this, fancying themselves old hands as they bring their borrowed knowledge and tactics to bear on each successive release.

And then here comes fucking Nioh, reminding the Conquered who they really are. And with little to no documentation in sight they hide behind shitposts so they can cling to that "gud" status they worked so hard to attain. Eventually they'll be back. Once the Conquerors have shown the way, that is.

And that's why The Mark of the Conqueror is significant. No matter how superficial, uselessly cosmetic or quickly outclassed it is, it stills says I'm not this No, im a conqueror

Just got back into DS3, is the meta SL still somewhere between 100 and 120?

Where the FC

>go back to play DS1
>get to sif
>2-3 fps on all resolutions no matter how low my settings are, rest of the game works at 60fps
>literally impossible to beat the boss
>quit, uninstall

this reads like a bad 2nd grade powerpoint presentation

in a game with anthropomorphic animals, where you can transform to a chicken or a deer, in a game with thick gargoyle butt you ask why people are furries?

Is fat rolling ever worth it?

DLC trailer when?

>just started NG+
>can't thrust coiled sword into the bonfire
No prompt shows up, nothing. How the hell did this happen?

full havels for the 4 kings fight is pretty useful so i guess sometimes

Speaking of, Is there a way to disable anisotropic filtering in DS1? Like, entirely? Or at least lower it?

DSfix just has "AF override" which doesn't seem to actually lower the setting, it just replaces it somehow and runs worse than default.

Most games have a setting like "16x" or "8x" filtering, but DSfix doesn't. What's up with that?

Try restarting the game.

Nevermind, a message was covering up the prompt.

Well shit I got through the entire game with the starter weapon alone, but hey, congrats to you Quickdraw McGraw blazing trails through Jap video games galore.

Low level trades pvp trades in DS1 or DS2.

Fatrolling with havel's and wolf ring in DS1 at SL55 or lower gives you insane poise and defense that no one else can match. Fatrolling only becomes pointless at SL80+

Fatrolling in DS2 lets use ironclad armor and Flynn's ring at low SM/SL. Being immune to backstabs and out-damaging any trade in the game is a pretty powerful tactic.

Both sort of rely on your opponent being dumb enough to face you head on and never work against a smart opponent, though.

Outside of those niches? No. fatrolling is never worth it.

lol

Did you seriously think that post was funny at all and worth posting? If so you live a pathetic life, fucking grow up.

Would you fuck the Bed of Chaos?

its a copy pasta

I have 2 fatrolling builds in DS2. Both are ~SL150

One uses Drakekeeper's greataxe and utilizes insane defense. Because DKGA has 360 degree tracking and low stamina use, I can basically spam 5-6 attacks in a row with perfect tracking around me. I don't roll, I just trade and always do more damage because of my defenses.

The other is an orma and reeves build with ironclad chest armor. I'll throw down chaos storm, which baits them to come backstab me. They do ~10% of my health with a hit (immune to backstab) and I turn around and one shot them with the counter hit with the powerstanced greatshields. If they don't backstab, I start shooting a crossbow in the middle of the firestorm.

First time fighting someone it always catches them by surprise and they freak out. If I fight a second time I usually lose though, once they catch on.

Both builds are very fun, but not practical at all.

in 1, you can get a ton more poise for less investment, but you also sacrifice a bunch of stamina. it's ok for low levels even outside twinking because as usual, meta levels are bloated so that people don't have to sacrifice much, so anyone can get respectable poise, 40-50 vit and fastroll. but around 50-80 it's pretty good. only real issue is you have no chase

>you have no chase

This is why every fatroll build needs a crossbow.

>Bloodborne 2
Only if with a new setting.
From clearly doesn't know how to make sequels in established franchises. I'm torn on the exclusive aspect too, OTOH Japan Studio's influence probably was the thing that helped DeS and BB to be so good but I also want my pkek friends to be able to play and I'd rather want to discuss the game here in /dsg/ rather than having to split off into a /bbg 2.0/.

Who cares, has a dick : male.

>has a dick
Proofs?

>meta levels are bloated so that people don't have to sacrifice much, so anyone can get respectable poise, 40-50 vit and fastroll
I never understood why people would want this. It would be far more interesting if the meta was 40 levels lower.

Pcucks are furry degenerates.
psn fags would probably have furry avatars too if avatar choices weren't limited

male. all the people he'd have influence on, like the darkmoon knightess and yorshka refer to him as a male. i never understood why the tumblr crowd insist on him being trans, when it's a clear case of a wrong gender being pushed on someone against their will. then again, i don't really expect the tumblr crowd to have actual rational process of thinking
because they NEED to softcap their damage stats AND defense stats. but the meta level was never about sacrificing stats, it was about being high enough as to NOT sacrifice much while being low enough to not take 3 years to reach that level legitimately. which another reason why random invasions will ALWAYS be superior to duelshittery

>Heavenly Thunder

is this shit any good outside of water?

>Dark Sign invader glitch

Does this make the game better?

What's the point of ganking?

Is the claymore good in ds3 yet?

it thought there was a gs update that made it better

Ninja Gaiden meets Onimusha.
There's virtually no influence of Souls games in it aside from respawn mechanic.

>yet
it was never bad

better doesn't mean good.

If it isn't a straight sword, rapier, or YGM, then it's shit.

well says it was never bad and it got better so it must be great now

were you living under a rock since april or something

winged knight halberd+farron ring+170 stamina

fun times

>playing in salt and sanctuary
>endurance barely provides equip load
>need to dump immense amount of it just to avoid fatrolling with heavier sets
>doesn't provide any other benefits
DS2 not only ruined equip load in next souls game with it being split from stamina but also in souls clones, it seems.

Yes. Still living under Havel the Rock in DS1land. Is poise still >poise? I hear it's rocket science >poise now.

In fact, give me the rundown of the /newmeta/ while you're at it. I'd like to know if pvp is worth investing time into.

>some shitty 2d indie game
>souls clone

this is a souls clone, literally,

The most reliable setup is black knight shield + estoc/straight sword or carthus curved sword.

its more akin to onimusha and ninja gaiden than souls. if you played the demos you would know that.

BUT*
other weapons are now viable

>cs
>1handed
No

What is this white stuff all over me?

Well duh. That's why you 2hand it.

They don't get out much, just sitting around in their rooms, "studying"

You didn't notice their weapons were dealing magic damage?

I understand now

i thought you included ccs with bks, my bad

Carthus curved now loses trades to virtually any light quality weapon which makes it much less viable.
Straight swords are mediocre compared to both spears and greatswords.

Hence why I said setup, not weapons.
I find the CCS useful against turtles and passive players.

Because it's client-side hit detection, the location of the bolts is different on your screen as it is from your opponents. In PvP that can really throw people off. It has a wider area than firestorm, but fewer strikes, so while less likely to hit it's still a valid offensive miracle.

There's some souls influence in terms of appearance and atmosphere (ninja gaiden usually has a more hack-and-slash overhead camera, rather than over the shoulder like BB) but yeah, it takes way more inspiration from Ninja Gaiden than Souls.

>DS2 ruined equip load

DS1 had havel's ring, meaning you never needed more than 20 endurance except for stamina.

DS2 had tons of weapons and shields that were top-tier but weighed a ton (every greatshield weight >10 units, most heavy weapons were 10-20 units) and the most load boost you could get from rings was ~23% using both slots. Equip load is absolutely important in DS2, arguably the only downside to it is losing damage from Flynn's ring.

Poise is hyperarmor just like DaS2 but not destroyed by 2h rapiers.

What souls game has the largest player base and on what platform?

ds3 pc

for console it's probably ds3 for ps3/4

DS1 only had 2 ring slots, havel's ring was a choice of retards who completely gimped themselves.
No top tier weapon in DS2 weights so much you can't use it with flynn even with a greatshield.

If we're to separate endurance and equip load, at least tie it to STR or something.