/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless-source.com
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com
riseofmidgard.com/
strawpoll.me/12038057
youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

queenpost

RevPasta

>What is Revelation Online?
Fuck off. It's shit.

>Current News
None, it's dead.

>Official Links
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com

>Resources
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>Can I play now?
Never

>/revog/ Guilds
There is none

>Steam Group
Steam is a meme

Best girl.
Anyone that says otherwise is a nigger.

Also. Void is the worst server ever.

Elesis is shit though.

Best boy.

>being a race traitor
off yourself

Who Rise of Midgard here later on?

It's 2017 i have too much of a time and i don't like mobas, what you can give me /mmog?

>2017
>playing ragnarok online
>private server

kys

So, Maple story. Shit or not? Where to pick up current meta?

tes

me

Free appearance change in mbng

Ded
E
D

Why is the Wakfu maint taking so long?

Almost FOUR fucking hours now. Jesus Christ.

they broke the server

Anyone else stoked for the wildstar update?

People play more Wakfu than Wildstar, even on this goddamn forum. Think about it.

did wakfus always have tits that huge
i know they always had hella ass

I bit late but here ya go.

Game has 0 chance of not being shut down this year, why are they even bothering.

Reminder to transfer your Atlantica online to VALOFE. It ends on the 11th.

Wakfu is online again. Time to lvl up my cute eniripsa~

>being a little fairy bitchboi
Go away, fag.

Hey, my fairy is cute, I love her.

>tfw no cute little fairy bitchboi bf to spoil at day and mate as animals at night.

The thirst for boipucci is real.

Just get real pussy ?

>real pussy

idk but its sad, i love the universe and they've fixed a lot of the launch problems.

I liked it too user but the dev team went full retard after launch with the patches. That combined with the stupid decision of making 40man raids killed all hope. Not to mention most of the MMO playerbase wasn't even capable of getting attuned to raid in the first place, your average player these days couldn't clear silver dungeons. Hell they couldn't even bronze redmoon or sanctuary without abusing glitches. Was fun while it lasted though, actually had a lot of fun with the dungeons/raid even the adventures were fun.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE MALGRAVE TRAIL

This to be desu, sad they screwed the pooch at launch, it's been pretty much improving since then but that sword of damacles makes it REALLY hard to want to play

>tfw SSM even post nerf
>that first boss
>that fire boss
>all the shitters that couldn't dodge the world's slowest moving waves
>tfw the healer lags like a motherfucker and just can't do it

someone tell me what ranged class to play in Dragon Nest

Crusader.

>too much of a time
ffxiv

riseofmidgard.com/ is coming out tomorrow.

NovaRO shills got BTFO on leddit yesterday, laughs were had.

tfw no other healer will ever work by shooting dubstep at your victims

Is Krosmaga any fun? I'm considering playing it now.

If you don't mind spending money for packs, then yes.
It shits on f2p players.

Welp, I didn't wanna play anyway...

Thanks for answering.

Ignore the butt blasted idiot, the game is great fun, and is good for f2p players. You gotta be ready for giveaways for max pleasure though. There are tons of achievements that are really easy to get if you are good with card games.

If you are into Ankama stuff, the game is even more fun, since it have all the charm of their games (and animation) on it.

Any new mmos that aren't in the op?
I'm looking for something like vindictus but different.

what about continent of the ninth?
never played it but i heard its abit like vindictus

I probably ran SSM over 50 times just helping the raid group get attuned, + countless other times for some drops to gear up for raid for some friends. And running it with my own personal friends for gold. It was fun desu, it doesn't surprise me that they started nerfing everything to try and pull people back in though.

Its okay, if matchmaking doesn't put you vs rank 100+ that have decks full of high rarity cards. Kinda fun even

So what's more difficult in MMORPGs?

Dps, tanking, or healing?

strawpoll.me/12038057

Personally;

DPS is the easiest but the most stressful because it's competitive.

Tank is in the middle because with modern MMO tanking you're just a DPS with better defensive cooldowns. When threat is an issue you have to have a good rotation and know when to spread your damage, but you're mostly relying on NPC behavior for your job.

Which is why I think healer's the hardest. How you do your job is much more reliant on how well everyone else is doing theirs. Of course that's true for all roles but it stands out for them.

But I don't heal (really awful at focusing on healthbars and everything else) so maybe they would disagree.

>still playing trinity games in 2017
lmao

Depends on the mmo. In my opinion, Healing without overhealing is probably the hardest role someone can fill.

>trinity
>Dps, tanking, or healing?

yes, that's trinity has been in the last 10 years
>inb4 but muh EQ trinity

Nottu dis shitto agen

This guy summed it. Heck, the last time I've played one of these games, WoW during WotLK, you could tank all the dungeons and half the instances just spamming literally one button. Obviously not the most effective way, but you could.

>come home from work
>no games to play again
>have to search for shitty TV shows or animu to watch
JUST

mmo market is just korean 2months lifespan mmos
try out some single player games, did wonders for me

>Play DPS
>Help people out with damage and be a nice supportive player!
>Play Tank
>Assholes all around pulling and aggroing enemies and fucking everything up
>Play healer
>Everyone just stands in damage circles and doesnt give two shits
Why would you ever play anything that isn't DPS

I like playing Healer if they can actually do something by themselves and don't have to always be on someone's dick.

Priest from Ragnarok for example.

Fucking same
>Priest from DFO
>2 meter tall hunk of a man that wrecks everything

What is there to look forward to?

The new Nier game.

the death of the genre

Enjoying Moonlight Blade and BDO, but they're not worth sticking with long term. Looking forward to Lineage Eternal, but I know it will go p2w. Hoping one of the kickstarter MMOs turn out okay, but I know they won't.

Still waiting for The Repopulation to get its MMO server up and running again. I enjoyed playing it before the Hero Engine devs screwed them. Honestly the only MMO in years that actually felt worth playing despite how shitty the engine was.

Why ROM when you can ?

>start nostalrus recently
>go mage, give everyone int and sometimes sheep/nuke/snare/root to help people
>make a paladin
>save so many lives with heals, or time with heals/rezzes, better buffs too

I'm really feelin' it

Easier to find a party.

I'm looking forward to Dauntless.

Krosmaga updates. I'm waiting for this cute:

>tfw free silver pack from quests and a bronze one from roulette.

Why are people saying this game is too hard on new players? Am I just that lucky?

DED
E
D

>card game
why?

But we all know Tree of Savior is utter garbage.

Ever seen Wakfu or the Dofus movie?

Just got this cutie. Seems to be the kind of card that will save entire games on one turn.

No, but I know that all card games are terrible and boring. So I don't understand the entertainment value that people get from them.

Just take a look:

youtube.com/watch?v=-KOH2Ocy778

Ankama made a FANTASTIC world, full of life and lore. The animation is great, and they put all that love in their games. This little card game let's you play with all the creatures and heroes of that world, with effects and themes based on them; is really, really fun, specially if you are a fan of their work. So yeah, that's one big plus to be hyped about.

But well, you are already being arrogant with that "terrible and boring" part, I shouldn't be wasting my time. ;(

Man, I have 8 infinites now, but all I really want is my waifu Evangelyne card. YEAH, she have 3 kids now, but STILL. At least 'till they add Cleophee, she is my goal right now.

Is it too late for me to start on the wakfu cardgame? I loved the setting for it to hell, but I'm afraid I'd be missing out a lot because of a late start..

no one cares about some shitty card game
it's not even an mmo so fuck off out of this thread

You aren't late AT ALL, the game barely have a couple of weeks since open beta started. Like I mentioned before, they have been giving a ton of free packs for release, you just gotta pay attention. The game SEEMS to be overwhelming at first, since getting gold doesn't seem to be easy, but is a lie; the trick is to just learn to work with what you have to gain all the first time easyasheck achievements to get your first set of packs. From playing with all the Gods for a silver pack, to even losing 5 times in a row for 50 gold.

You win a gold pack on the first quest after the tutorial, that should give you an infinite card, all the infinites are heroes from the Ankama universe, is really neat to get them. I got Nox on my first pack, it was neat.

I recommend you to buy EVERYTHING bronze; only save for a gold pack if you really, REALLY want an infinite, but is not worth it, for real. Once you get 5 infinites from gold packs (if you didn't resist) you should stop by all means. Is the limit on a deck anyway.

I got Bakara from a bronze pack yesterday, made my day.

The fuck is your issue? We have been talking about Krosmaga for fucking days now, and if it weren't for the bump, this general would have died at least 6 times now. ALSO, is heavily linked to Wakfu, so yeah, BOOM! GET BLASTED IDIOT.

>TFW you don't have hobo wizard

member when wakfu had a general?

I want to fuck Amalia.

I want to rescue nox's smile

I got her on the new year pack. Her lvl 9 form is totally broken, but Jesus, the amount of experience needed to get it is insane.

I wonder if they'll implement a faster way to lvl up cards. So far is just dumb. It literally take months if you aren't investing a million gold into them.

Hey /mmog/, I just want to chill out in a sandbox game that lets me craft or farm or have a house. Was thinking about Archeage but everywhere I see warns off that game as P2W in the extreme and that there's a lot of ganking and camping of shit even if you're not into the PVP aspect.

Another thought I had was Mabinogi, I think I might've played that once. Game's old as shit, is it still fun if I just want to fuck around and play Stardew Valley Online?

BDO familgia

But Stardew was pretty good if you like harvest moon, can't go wrong

just play stardew desu
i'm trialing bdo right now and so far it's bretty gud

Wakfu have good housing, and a shit ton of grinding in many different activities that then let you decorate your bag/house.

Wildstar have an amazing housing system that is practically it's own game.

Pick either, depends whether you like 2d or 3d the most.

Don't listen to those people. It's too late unless you decide to spend money on packs.

The game is hard on f2p players. It takes 60 gold to buy a bronze pack (which is shit) and you would need to recycle 15 common cards to make 1 common. If you compare it to another card game, Hearthstone for example, then you can see how hard it is on f2p players. In HS you would only need to recycle 10 cards to make a common, not to mention you can do it anytime. In Krosmaga you would need to have the max amount of cards before being able to recycle it, 3 commons, 3 uncommons, 3 rares, 1 krosmic and 1 infinite. So if you have a shit infinite card you cannot recycle it unless you have a second one.

The gold is also capped at 60, 100 if you include the daily quest. You get 5 gold per win. Again, let's compare it to Hearthstone's 30 gold/3 wins or 10 gold per win (HS is also capped at 300 gold per day). HS packs are 100 gold each so it would take 10 wins to be able to buy a pack but since it's in multiples of 3 it would realistically be 12 wins for 1 pack with 20 gold left over. Krosmaga also needs 12 wins to buy a bronze pack, which is the shittiest one and should never do. The next best pack is the silver which is 120 gold and would take 2 days to get.
A hardcore HS player can buy 2 packs per day (reaching the gold cap is pretty hard) whereas in Krosmaga you can only buy one every 2 days. So whoever said getting cards in Krosmaga is easier than HS is a liar.

The game is also unbalanced and incomplete, (no arena yet).

tl:dr
Crafting cards isn't viable until you have enough cards to recycle and getting gold is hard.

So, we literally had the novaRO admin shill in these threads
what the fuck

Did we really? I talked to Nova before and he didn't seem to be like that.
Or is it one of the mods?

he himself had many alts on reddit which he used to spam threads with novaro shilling
he got caught and went super asshurt in a thread

>reddit
I thought we were talking about here?

yeah people admitted to getting benefits for shilling on /rog/ and Veeky Forums as well