/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

AWAY edition

Blood Crazed: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_A9NKWIi8tBRpMFBoyiscC5CCL4qFDoNLKka0z2m1rs/edit#gid=0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ms12ftbQv7U&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doll is for making contact with.

>get summoned for BSB
>the host isn't at full health
>he loses some more health on the way down
>when we arrive to the fog wall he's almost dead
>"wow he must be a pro, he's really confident"
Then it dawned on me - he ran out of vials...
Being good at video games makes you feel lonely even in this refuge of a hobby.

>button mash to get out of a grab
>still get fucking hit because my character immediately does whatever action I was mashing and I can't dodge away

what's the fucking point

also is there even a yell for the queen's grab because I'm not seeing one, shejust gets me in the middle of me swinigng

End of second baby cry is when she holds anyone within 10ish feet still for an attack.

I had something similar once.

> summon a random in for Chalice Rom
> he's on really low HP
> doesn't heal
> "oh wow he must be running a Poormans gem setup for huge damage"
> he does less damage than me
> is being super catious and basically not fighting
> dies to meteors as soon as Phase 2 starts

What was his endgame? Was he out of echos and thought cooping Chalice Rom would give him enough to restock on vials? Was he THAT desperate for 6% nourishing gems? We may never know.

Doll is for cuddling
>tfw you will never come home to dollfu after a long night of hunting, sit down in her lap and rest against her cool porcelain body

Man, BB is filled with so many top-tier waifu's, Miyazaki knew exactly what he was doing.

But he made Dark Souls, where the player's custom waifu is a zombie for much of the game. So he's a hack.

>BB is filled with so many top-tier waifu's

the doll and maria? not exactly brimming

Ioesfka
Fake Ioeafka
Adella
Arrianna
Rom

>Arianna
>Annalise
>Adella
>Fake and real Iosefka
>Yurie
>Eileen
There's a ton of waifus in this game user, for fucks sake, real Iosefka practically asks you out on a date at one point.

Orphan just glitched out while I was fighting him.

He transformed while standing on some rocks on the left side of the cove, and now he's just standing there doing nothing while I examine him with my monocular. The music from his first phase is still playing

> killing defiled Amy at low level
> perfect fight for phase 1-2, baiting out attacks that leave head exposed and then running R2
> third phase
> get a few successful jump cheeses in
> one charge R2 to the face away from death
> refuses to jump. Just stands there stomping her dumb leg
> a full minute of no jumping, just stomping and rotating to try get to me
> "oh well I guess I'll just mash at the legs until she dies it's obviously bugged out AI"
> get stomped and instalilled while mashing R1 against the leg
> have to do the whole fight again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

take pics and/or video without HUD on.

>"wow he must be a pro, he's really confident"

AHH, KOSM OR SOME SAY KOS

Could a chalice with layer 3 Pthumerian Elder and layer 4 Headless Beast be considered better than the usual chalices for farming?

levers are fast to reach too

his umbilical cord on his belly disappears behind his back and the cord attaching his weapon to his hand disappears at the elbow

How is the multiplayer in this game? Is it still very active? How is the PvP? I hear invasions only happen in Mensis.

I've just completed my first playthrough and am considering getting the DLC and maybe PS+.

No, because:

1. You farm layer 3/4 bosses by savescumming, not by recreating the chalice. So having two good bosses for farming in a single dungeon is hardly useful.

2. The gems that these bosses drop are useful for different builds.

Unless you are running a 50 ARC, 50 STR build then you'd never be farming both those guys on the same character.

Still would be a good chalice if you are an altruistic Samaritan and enjoy hosting for other Anons to collect piles of gems.

Anyone have a good bloodgem setup for a max level "cainhurst" build? Chikage, Reiterpallasch, Evelyn?

31.5 bloodtinge gems in everything

Reiterpallash is primarily a skill weapon so you'd want physical gems on it, for the chikage you want Korea tier 32% bloodtinge radials.

Did you reply to the correct post? It seems like an odd tangent.

Best setup for a pure BLT build is a shitton of 31.5% Bloodtinge offshapes, or circles for the guns and Lost Chikage's circle slot.

Unless you also have high SKL and want to use Reiter as a melee weapon and untricked Chikage, in which case 27% physical gems are the best choice.

Is the Pizza Cutter good on a quality build? I would rather go quality than full strenght so i can use more weapons.

Yea I fucked up

Go 50/25.

Heavy Abyssal Blood Gems turn anything into S scaling in STR. With that build you can use practically anything that's not BLT or ARC well.

Just gotta get good at killing Heasless Bloodletting Beast. You'll kill tha fucker 100s of times farming perfect heavies for 20 different weapons you can use.

Or he can get two good heavies and switch weapons from time to time. Not like he's going to use everything at the same time. The biggest problem will be getting chunks to upgrade them all.

So the heavy abyssal blood gems makes a weapon scale mostly with strenght?

For example make blades of mercy scale with strenght instead of skill?

Yes, although BoM is better on a Skill build. Some weapons that seem like they should be better on a Skill build end up being stronger, or equally as strong, on a Strength build, though. E.G., the Saw Spear with heavy gems on a Strength build is better than one on a Skill build with tempering gems.

Correct. As said, BoM would do more damage on a Skl build but are still perfectly usable with Heavy Abssals. If memory serves me well, the difference is about 70 AR.

Doll is for feeding echoes

Please cleanse this man of his beastly idiocy.

They don't remove any scaling, they just add 0.65 STR scaling (that's enough to take something from no scaling to a B rating IIRC).

So now you can use the Blades of Mercy on a quality build. Or make STR weapons have even better scaling. I frequently one-shot people with Amy Arm R2 follow-ups in Mensis. They don't level VIT enough and fall for the bait everytime.

Don't listen to you want an entire collection of +10 gemmed weapons, or at least make that an end goal. If you only have enough gems for two, you'll likely just use the best two and never swap them out because going to the dream is a hassle. Having an inventory of weapons for any occasion is fun and makes PVP more interestibg since you can switch to entire different playstyle between fights.

Chunks isn't an issue since you'll be farming Watchers for 27%'s and Blunts. With all three eye runes you get 1-2 chunks per kill, and you'll get rocks and more chunks farming Bloodletting Beast, especially if you coop with a savescummer.

hold up lads
the church pick is both serrated and righteous? and while tricked every attack is a trust attack?
so you can put one waning 28.7% and two radial 32.6% trust gems in it? and it'll do motherfucker damage, right?

Yup.

Also you could replace the 28.7% with a 32.6% triangle.

>32.6% triangle

this exists? i'm not seeing it in the spreadsheet

Yes. It drops from watchers, just like the radials.

> Waning
> on a physical weapon. Ever

You want Radial, Radial, Triangle for the Watcher gems (and useful secondaries if you arnt farming watchers) Waning is only good for Fire/Bolt and poison.

Isz Watchers can drop Adept gems just like Pthuneru Watchers. I think it's rarer though. I got a 32.6% Thrust with ATK down curse a few days ago. It was heartbreaking.

Hell, even 32.6% BLT triangles exist.

i was just looking at the google doc and saw that the highest rated non-radial trust dmg gem was a waning one. i am of very little knowledge about what you can find in the chalice dungeons.
that's cool though, i'm gonna do a pick run now.

anyone up to fight maria?
bl75 NG+
bbg at fog

Just a heads-up, farming adept gems fucking sucks ass.

What ever happened to Isz Adept user?

Did he finally get his gems? Or did he die trying? i miss him

Can confirm, farming adept gems vacuumed my ass and now I can't sit down.

Guess you're pushing him down the autism road.
23 weapons (not couting Bloodletter, Chikage and Kos Parasite) means he'll need 23 usable Heavy Abyssals, 25 if he wants perfect damage weapons, each with +15 as secondary (Saw Cleaver/Spear will do more damage than 1xHA, 2x27% if you put 2xHA +15, 1x27%).
He'll need 368 Blood Chunks to bring all of these to +9, that's 7360 insight or, assuming each boss drops 2 Chunks, 184 bosses.
1 Blood Rock for each weapon. 23 Rocks is worth 1380 insight or 22 NGs (with DLC, 11 NGs) and 60 insight. Assuming each boss drops a Rock, that'll be 23 Layer 3 Depth 5 dungeons.
That's what I'm doing with my character right now.

that was hell of a bully, thanks Hibiki

>Saw Cleaver/Spear will do more damage than 1xHA, 2x27% if you put 2xHA +15, 1x27%

This is true of most weapons.

Don't tell me, I don't want to know. I only need six Heavies to complete it.
Wich ones?

Not at 50/25. Beast Claw (with rune) is better by only a few AR, and as soon as you gain any Beasthood the 27% would likely overtake the second Abyysal. Axe is better with two Heavies at 50/14, but if you level SKL to 25 a lot of the higher multiplier attacks would actually be worse and the difference in other attacks would be approaching 0.

Weapons with higher base damage, and especially higher multipliers get much less benifit from flat damage. Also sometimes 24.8% +15 flat is better than a 27%, but they are such a pain to farm for such a minimal increase.

>Wich ones?

idk like, everything that isn't LHB, Kirk, or Whirligig probably? It depends on if you're going to use adept gems or not, and also what your stats are.

was The One Reborn meant to be THIS easy? like what the fuck, i just beat him first try just straight up spamming his body.

he's only difficult if you don't kill the bell ladies or don't pay any attention at all. he's killed me with the vomiting though because i didn't know what the hell was going on.

Weapons with Adepts never need more than one Heavy, even at 14 SKL my church pick was better with Heavy Abyysal, 32.6% Thrust, 32.6% Thrust. Same with Beast Cutter.

At 25 SKL you have 50% saturation, so a S scaling SKL weapon would have its base damage multiplied by x1.5 from SKL alone. 27% gems increase this as well as Base damage and STR scaling. Heavies only boost STR scaling.

To check, you have to do the calculations and not include the Heavy Abyysal flat damage secondary. If it's better now it means it easily won. If it's lower then you have to go through and work out exactly which attacks are helped by flat damage and hindered by it, then choose what moves you prioritise.

Just looking at AR using perfect heavies won't tell the full story. If it's only just better by a few points it means anything other than basic R1's will often be significantly worse.

what bell ladies?

the laser shooters up on the rafters
sometimes they don't do much either
honestly BB's main game should have been a lot harder. one reborn, mico and wet nurse are way too easy.

oh wow i thought the lasers were just coming from the dude on his ass wtf

there's also this thing

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_A9NKWIi8tBRpMFBoyiscC5CCL4qFDoNLKka0z2m1rs/edit#gid=0

Still active. Co-op happens just about anywhere, especially chalice and DLC. Invasions are common anywhere with a bell ringer like Mensis and Frontier. Fight Clubs happen once a week every week.

That's what I thought, was just making sure I didn't need to see HBLB more than necessary.
Thanks.

Are Heavy Abyssals DLC only? Sorry I just started playing 2 days ago and don't have DLC, but I would like to be able to use a lot of weapons at the same time without different characters and that sounds cool.

no, you find them in chalices which are mostly unaffected by DLC

They are found in chalice dungeons, read the OP for glyphs and how to find them.
You can savescum by uploading your data on USB/cloud and reloading it if you get a bad drop.

>twinks in upper pthumeru
Absolutely abhorrent.

I didn't see anything specifically in the OP about this, but I'm quite possibly retarded. What's the best way to tell whether or not you should be using 27.2 physical gems or adept/heavy gems? Is it all in the moveset?

How do I out damage Amelia? Any time I get her to 1/3 health she just heals right up and I've only twice managed to actually stagger her when she's doing it. The only non grindy option I can think of is to summon which I don't really want to do, but molotovs/fire paper don't do enough and the mist only lasts a short while

Hey remember when you could actually invade research hall rafters without waiting for 30 minutes?
Yeah, me too.

Heavy gems improve STR scaling, which improves damage greatly if you have high STR. This increases total overall damage, if it's gives a higher number than 27%'s then it's better (flat damage secondary fuckery notwistanding) They get diminishing returns if you stack them though, 3 is never optimal and 2 is only sometimes but if you have 50 STR it's almost always optimal to have at least one.

Adept gems are Blunt or Thrust. They are only worth it if a weapon has overwhelmingly these type of damage types. Most weapons are a mix of Physival and blunt or thrust, so 32.6% adepts arnt worth it because you lose large portions of your moveset. But Beast Cutter is all blunt, so there's no disadvantage, Kirkhammer is all blunt in tricked mode so if you don't care about sword it's better to use Adepts. Church pick is the same, but thrust all its tricked moves count. Tonitrus, Boomhammer and Wheel are all blunt with added elemental damage so if you are using them without leveling Arcane blunt gems would be best. Amy Arm is 100% blunt untricked, standard physical in tricked mode.

Visceral damage also counts as Thrust, so a dedicated visceral weapon with three thrust gems is a great way to kill stuff quickly, especially on a SKL build.

> If the beasts loom large and threaten to crush your spirits, seek a holy chalice, as every hunter before you has

Listen to Gehrman and go get overpowered as fuck.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ms12ftbQv7U&feature=youtu.be

>tfw father gascoigne says "forgive me" as he dies

i forgive you father gascoigne... i forgive you

>tfw how gay fextralife is
on the father gascoigne page for example it says "It is recommended that you hug a pet for stress relief if you die to him at least 10 times.". i get this is meant to be a joke but its fucking gay

Anybody want some help/to coop with an ayy lmao?

>rush through dungeons to get to the point where i can get lost chikage from the ihyll root glyph with it
>finally get it
>realise my best bloodtinge gems right now are droplets
>i couldve waited

THIS TOWN IS FINISHED

your finished, fuckboy

>your

He's talking to his family, not your dumb ass.

I'm using Saif, which likely has a mixture. But I'm primarily SKL, so (and I'll prolly check this with a calculator) I'll likely want some tempering 27.2s and maybe one adept or a skill scaling gem - I can't remember their name atm.

no hes talking to me you cunt. i killed him, i deserve the forgive me.

this has probably been asked a shit tonne here before but seeing as ive been away until recently, fuck it. how come gascoigne isnt in the hunters nightmare?

he's part of the healing church, maybe that's got something to do with it

>one adept
Nope, saif is mostly physical so three 27s

>skill scaling gem
We don't know how to get Sharp Abyssals. Maybe it's near Guidance 3.

unzips

Alright. Thanks user!

YOU LOUSY RAT

>you will never hoont Eileen's coont

Ludwig was also a church hunter

>tfw only Laurence, Orphan, Gehrman and MP left to kill
I don't want this game to end.

Isn't Ludwig from way back before they separated from Gehrman's hunters? Still new to the lore so I might be wrong.

but vicar amelia is in the hunters nightmare though?

Not this shit again

If she is we don't see her.

where did you get that from?

shes chanting in the hall before the research hall :^)

Prove it :^)

ask vaati :^)

dead /bbg/