$25k Budget Diesel Truck Recs

Well, my old 6.0 Vortec's got a knock in the engine at 372,xxx miles and I need another pickup truck. My only needs are:
>Diesel
>4x4
>3/4 or 1 ton
>SRW

What recommendations do you fellers have?

>6.0 Vortec
Pick up another one at a scrap yard for $1,000-.

Diesels are shit tier for reliability and maintenance costs unless you get some old piece of shit that's falling apart around the engine. Even then, the LS will blow the doors off it in terms of performance and durability.

this.

Thisniggergetsit.jpeg

Ask yourself this. Do you need a diesel? Do you need the headaches associated with one? Do you accept a $100 oil change over a $40 one? $70 fuel filter replacements. I owned a vortec and switched to a dmax. Some days I regret it. Some days I don't.

>Diesels are shit tier for reliability

american diesels maybe.

>it's the eurocuck thinks his 1200lb shithatch diesel is comparable to an engine design to propel a 8000lb truck hauling 20klbs episode
lmao fuck off with your ignorant rerun

>$70 fuel filter replacements
CAT 1R-0750 - $15

>euro
fucking know what the fuck you are talking about clown.

Jap diesels absolutely BTFO american diesels. Isuzu's engines are literally the reason why GM has such high reliability ratings.

>an engine design to propel a 8000lb truck hauling 20klbs

lol, are you fuckin' stupid? the majority of the diesel trucks on the road in america that have that kind of towing capacity are cabover fleet vehicles that are of japanese design.

this

americans just cant into diesel

I've got a '86 F250 with a 4 speed 6.9 IDI that I picked up like 2 years ago. I haul 6-10k lbs worth of wood all day during the winter with it when I'm not working full time at my other job. It's only got 5 numbers on the odo so it's probably rolled over at least like 3 times. Maintenance is cheap as shit, cruises comfortably at 60mph (gearing is low as shit). I put a brand new injector pump and 8 fresh injectors in it for $300 bux, other than that oil changes are stupidly expensive since it takes like 14 quarts. I get 14mpg but I don't drive like an ass.

I paid $2200 for it so it's pretty much a throwaway. Take from that what you will.

Damn that a lot of miles.

Good job taking care of it. Why not buy another 6.0L and save up for a new fully loaded diesel?

You can pick up a nice one under 100k for 2000 and change all day in Kentucky

>Diesels are shit tier for reliability

is that why nissan now uses a cummins?

This truck will either get a second rebuild on the engine or receive a new engine and transmission from a wrecked pickup. It won't leave me just yet.

>Do you need a diesel?
Well, with the amount of miles I drive, I feel like a diesel will eventually pay itself off with a enough miles and years of ownership. Also, own a ranch where I haul a skidsteer and attachments, utvs, atvs, and Jeeps. In the not so distant future, I may also be buying a gooseneck flatbed for hauling HMMWVs around on. Overall, I think I would benefit from owning a diesel.

>Why not buy another 6.0L and save up for a new fully loaded diesel?
Will kinda be doing this. Will eventually get a new fully loaded diesel, but will likely go with a temporary for now.

Get a 04.5 up or newer duramax then. Get efi life from a reputable place. Make sure it has a good tow tune on it then be golden.

late 90's 2nd gen ram with 12 valve cummins is the patrician choice

>eventually pay itself off
Why even make the attempt? What's the benefit?

2006-07 Duramax Diesel (LBZ)

>is that why nissan now uses a cummins?
Nissan is using cummins because out of all the japanese manufacturers that make a diesel, they are objectively the worst at it. they are settling for american because their competitors won't sell them theirs.

the 3 (4 if we're counting subaru) other japanese diesel manufacturers still crush anything on the american market. do you forget where most of mitsubishi's money comes from? its not cars and trucks.

>What's the benefit?
More comfortable towing. It will also pay itself a lot quicker with towing involved.

I've had my eye on those. Really like them.

Don't know enough about tuning, but would definitely educate myself on it, when I end up getting a truck.

>an engine design to propel a 8000lb truck hauling 20klbs

>lol, are you fuckin' stupid? the majority of the diesel trucks on the road in america that have that kind of towing capacity are cabover fleet vehicles that are of japanese design.

Confirmed for never being to america, we love our huge diesel trucks. The only people that drive those nprs are spics with landscaping dump trucks.

Lulz. My 99 2500 runs like a champ. Only dropped about $3,000 into the motor.

>pic related. It's a real diesel

That's a goos looking truck. What kinda stuff are you towing with it, and how many miles do you have on it?