Odometer thread? Guess what car just by the dash

Odometer thread? Guess what car just by the dash.

I'll provide one hint though, since it's a lesser known car. 1988, Japanese.

1988 Nissan S12 200sx/Silvia

Well GG sir. That was fuckin quick. Post yours?

ive got multiple vehicles, this ones probably the hardest to guess. JDM and the gauge cluster was used in probably a dozen models over 20ish years

Boobs get

Nice! I'd guess, Toyota soarer? I love the old digital dashes. My favorite is the z31

Toyota Crown, but yeah Soarer and a bunch of other models used a similar digi dash from like 1985 to 2005

I've got a soarer and it's not far off

Sentra Supra

It's got to be a Cuddeluc

Lotus Elite

Olds Alero

fiat 500

The picture is the soarer, a 1990

>Lotus Elite
Nah, don't think they display kph

That VF display is a little intense dont you think? Even dimmed it'd probably still glare central

Its actually not so bad driving it but it glares like crazy in pictures. It does have a knob to dim it though and that picture was it all the way up

Ferrari 360 Modena/Spider

Honda S2000

BMW M1

Paganti Honda

Yep.
I guess getting rid of the horse didn't fool the Google.

Actually, I sell Ferrari parts. I've sat in a lot of em. The brushed plate is a dead give away.

Ooh, pretty lights.

Are floor mats really $250?
That's what was on a receipt I found with the service records.

Puntyuc Impala

I have 400k in my sights

Some kind of Toyota with that maintenance light

It's a 7th gen Accord, pretty close though, all of the family sedans were looking similar back then.

t; Only Honda use "D3"

It's the weirdest shit too on a 5 speed auto, at least include a D4 to lock out the 5th gear overdrive for more rpms at 80mph

Hint: The actual color is orange, but my shitty phone camera makes it look red.

G35, My nigga. those things are the shit, you can neglect and beat it up and itll keep going.

I have to agree, but they're still made by Nissan and they're still trash in my eyes. Most normies think they're legitimate luxury vehicles.

>Ooh, you drive an Inifiniti, user?
Yeah, but it's just my daily driver and it's really not that great of a car. I like my RX-7 a lot more.

Conversation always ends there.

Or more lmao. You wouldn't believe how much options cost. Or, you might I suppose.

>Most normies think they're legitimate luxury vehicles
That's why I like them, it's not even really a luxury car, it uses cheap ass parts from the Z aftermarket.

Currently ~500 mi away from:

>222 222

I wanna say 5th Gen Celica, but I'm guessing based on gauge placement, flip ups, and dashlight colors.

NA Miata?

>how much options cost
Like what?
Although I wouldn't care as much about those, but I am interested in knowing average prices for the standard kind of shit I'll have to replace due to wear and tear.
Good tires, wiper blades, maybe headlights, that kind of thing.

Was it that obvious?

(_) . (o)

Tires really just depend on whether you want OEM shitty Pirrelis, or something else. I don't work for Ferrari INC, so everything is a wheel and deal. Not set in stone.
Wipers are about $40 a pop, depending on where you get em. Again, depends on if you go to a Ferrari parts retailer or get them from a Bosch distributor.
Headlights are about $280, same deal as before. You could do a little research and find compatible options much cheaper.
Most Ferrari owners only want OEM or OEM equivalent even if they are cheap bastards won't look shit up themselves.

Doesn't really matter to me, as long as the stuff I buy lasts. I'd only be concerned with OEM regarding resale value, as I've heard that the use of those parts and authorized service can have an effect.

Pop-up headlights narrowed it down quite a bit.

You're not wrong, and if you're considering selling it in the near future, or even the next 5 to 10 years then yeah. Keep it OEM, but what kind of headlights you use and wipers will have no affect on that resale value. If your 360 is a 6-Speed car than it really doesn't matter in the slightest. If you've got an F1 car, then what matters more than any correct headlight brand is the condition of your shift actuator.

your miata has close to the same miles mine does

>If your 360 is a 6-Speed car
It is.
I'm guessing the most important thing will be the clutch or throwout bearing, but the prices I'm seeing are all over the map, anywhere from $1,500 to $2,500.
I figure that'll have to be OEM.

Good news! Your car is already worth nearly double a perfect F1 car! But you probably already knew that lmao. Assuming you have your work done and you aren't shade treeing your baby Cavallino, any respectable shop should be able to find and price out the correct OEM components. My retail price on a complete clutch kit including a throwout bearing is just beneath 2k. That's spit balling however, I didn't price out each component. Also depends on what throwout bearing you went with, SKF, Capristo, or otherwise.

>doesn't use Hill Engineering
You must not work for Ricambi, where are you selling parts from, a salvage yard? Or are you outside the US?

Ricambi is overpriced as fuck, I can beat them on nearly every price. However, I resign to leave this bait where I found it. Fuck off.

>worth nearly double a perfect F1 car
I didn't know this, although I had heard that the F1 systems were a joke in the 360's, although better than what they put in the 355.
Can't say I know much about different throwout bearing types, I figured I'd go with whatever was already in there, as I like the shifting now.
Do each have their own advantages?

What bait? Your story sounds dubious. Show me a link to an SKF or Capristo clutch release bearing for a 360.

F1 systems, both in the 355 and 360 are absolute garbage. Even the early 430s are shit. When I was a tech we had to rebuild a shift actuator on a 18k mile original 430. Thing was pissing fluid. As far as the OEM equivalents, SKF or Capristo, they're both superb bearings. Even though this asshole above is baiting me, Hill Engineering is an excellent performance alternative. I've heard that guys like those for their challenge cars and cars they track. However those applications are far and few between.

That guy is talking out of his ass. A manual 360 is maybe a $10k premium over an F1 right now. 430 is another story because much fewer manual 430s were sold than 360s. Hill Engineering is the only company that makes release bearings that are an upgrade over the stock unit. Never even heard of a Capristo or SKF unit, Capristo distributed some bearings for earlier cars but I've never seen anything for a 360 or newer aside from exhaust. Someone else's unit may use an SKF bearing in it, but I'm also almost certain they've never made a 360/430 release bearing themselves. The only other brand I've seen in a car is Superformance, everything they sell with their name on it has been junk from what I've seen. There could be more out there that isn't distributed in the US but I doubt it, it's a tiny market, let's see what our expert parts supplier can come up with

Are only one of these makers regarded as OEM?
And with labor on a job like this, I guess I'm looking at over $3K? Don't think it's going to be anytime soon, in fact I'm guessing the routine servicing will happen first.

Ya see, the nice thing about this being the internet, and this being the cesspool known as Veeky Forums, is I don't have to come up with anything. I have zero reputation at stake and plan to keep it that way. The Ferrari brand and owners of the marque have a reputation for being cunts, and people like you are the reason why that reputation persists. I am by no means an expert, I have a fair amount of experience and I happen to enjoy my job. I hope that I helped at least one individual out (Mr. 6spd 360), however if ultimately nothing was accomplished, all I did was manage to burn up the last of my work day on Veeky Forums. I bet you're real fun at car meets heartbreaker. Maybe one day I will meet you, and I can show you how people interact without being giant, fucking, mongoloid cunts.

I can't remember the book time but I think it's 10 hours, so 10x shop rate (at least $150 an hour) and the parts cost, which is ~$2200. I'd use an OEM clutch and a Hill Engineering clutch release bearing.

You could type out that angry post, or you could just easily show me that I'm wrong, but you didn't, because you are lying on the internet. Why I'm not sure, strange story to make up, and even stranger reaction to getting called out.

Obviously I can't weigh in on who's correct here, as I know less than both of you.
I do, however, appreciate all the knowledge and help, regardless of it's source.
Thank you both for your time.

You slipped in this post as well btw, only one shop in North America rebuilds F1 actuators, dealer is replacement only and independents have to send them out to that shop for rebuilds

I think it should be obvious at this point. Be careful out there, lots of forum reader pretenders, which is odd because the brand is not even that good to work for.

>the brand is not even that good to work for
Why is that?

It's just limiting compared to most other brands, shops are few and far between so you don't have the freedom as say Mercedes where you can just go wherever you want and are basically guaranteed a job. Nearly every shop is small so swingy flow of work, can be 2 months behind, or have no work. Little upward mobility for the first 2 reasons. I only know service though, maybe sales is good but I doubt it unless you like wearing kneepads and telling your customers how amazing and important they are all day.

>telling your customers how amazing and important they are all day
I wish. First two salesmen (at two different dealerships) I talked to blew me off, no return calls, nothing.
I chalked it up to the fact that 1) I was looking for something very specific (and maybe not so easy to find) and 2) I was at the very low end of the price range for what they're selling.

Range Rover Classic

easy one

Tons of jokers are looking to buy cars like 360s and 355s that can't really afford them and are massive time wasters. Not always the case, but that's the norm, so it sucks but I see how that could happen. 2/3 Ferraris are bought by people who already own at least more than one Ferrari, which leads to a strange dynamic for first time buyers, which is how people get conned into buying Californias and FFs.

Hey fellow S12 owner

also noting MPH + 6.5 redline. Are you a single slammer turbo owner?

CTS-V 2005-ish

At a little over 372,xxx now, but the engine's knocking.

Good luck

01+ protégé or protégé5

Got it

my first car was a 2000 protégé and it had a black cluster. with 2001 and 5 bolt hubs, I assume they had other changes aswell.

Makes sense.
I think I would've realized it if they had hung up on me or something. But the first guy talked to me for half an hour the first time, twenty minutes the second, hardly the behavior of someone who thought I wasn't worth his time.

Chevy Silverado?
Original Odometer read ~175,000 when I put this one in it read ~133,000.

1988 toyota celica

Easy

voltswagon

>Chevy Silverado?
That's correct. 2500hd with the 6.0 Vortec in it.

Elegy RH8

Hard Mode

Is the "Civic Type R" a red herring?

Yeeep