/hbg/ - Homebrew General

old memes edition

Previous: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp (embed)

-RECENT NEWS- Same as last thread edition
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide (Cross-thread) →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)
mega.nz/#F!odhVzKKK!S8Hv7bGmUSANm6cu1lhZ1A
github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher/releases
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Iposted this on the last thread but it was dead.

I'm trying to get homebrew on an 11.2 3ds through soundhax. Whenever I try to open soundhax he screen freezes then I get a message saying the 3ds needs to restart. Can anyone help?

So, I don't have any .tik files in the file9 folder after the Ticket Dump. Wat do?

Why's my shit printing out "Homebrew" on both screens when I load something now?

So on my old 3ds I had homebrew for a long time and got my hands on the leak of Pokemon Moon when that came out. Becauae I played online early like an idiot I got myself banned on that console.
Since this is my first time back in a while I found out about soundhax and finally got my New3ds xl homebrewed completely fresh all good.
So what I want to know is, can I move my Pokemon Moon save file to my New3ds and is there some kind of banning counter measure now or something and is it safe to play online and such or will you still get banned like in the wave?

Please help, thank you.

where's the lewd 3ds themes at?

where did the nimsavegame.bin part from the guide site go?
I didnt restore my god damned saves when I was hacking and now I came back to see that part is gone

this desu
I'm tired of flipping through that shitty website to find anything good

Is there a reason to use Oclock over amphetamine?

Are you sure you selected Tickets Dump and not TitleKeys Dump? LOTS of people these threads making this simple mistake.

The save file is good, the leaked version of the game will still get you banned though. You need to find a release copy.

Dukesrg site page could not be found every time. Do I just keep trying?

Anyone have a list of recommended games? preferable an updated one.

I can't believe I got this working. It's amazing

Alright dope, so what should I use to transfer my save? Just J-Somethin somethin tool? I cant remember exactly what its called been outta the loop with this jazz for awhile.

JKSM is what I use

Yeah, I'm sure I choose Ticket Dump. The .tik files are uploading but after I plug the SD card in I can't find them anywhere.

Without this step I can't move on to the next one, right?

Using a guide and up to this:
>3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)
And I'm to stupid to make any sense of it.
If I'm running ver. 8.1.0-19E which would I select and why?
It says the last number of your version which in my case is 9 so is it the last row?

Alright cool thats what I ment. Thanks a fuck ton man.

Yeah bro. Have fun

They should be in that files9 folder, weird.
Keep where you are till you get this tickets.

How do I transfer saves from save backups to games I installed from freeshop/cia installation?

Before I got emunand (on A9LH these days) I bough Senran Kagura Burst off of E-shop but deleted it due to memory running out. I still backed up the save and have a .sav file in a 00040000000ed100 folder (corresponding to the game title), but save-data backup in my system settings can't recognize it.

8.1 row obviously

On 2.1 and browser literally doesn't work even though connected to internet. Am I fucked?

I've got a backup of my old 3ds' files before it bricked.
There any way to decrypt the savedata from where I assume is the extdata folder inside of the "Nintendo 3ds" folder to use it again?

>On the same day of the DMCA Steveice updated buildtools makerom to use the "homebrew" splash by default, so yeah it's gonna be a lot more common now.
Well, fuck

anyone?

You import it with jksm too dummy

you're 8.1 No Browser because your last number is 19, which really means you should just update to 11.2 and use that method

ignoring the fact that I bought one anyway, is this the reason the vita bombed? I went the cheapo route, but still looking at an extra $90 for a decent size memory upgrade.

Put the new FreeShop link in the OP. The pomf link is outdated now.

freeshop.pw

Yes you can move to the next one, all it means is that if you had bought anything on the console it won't appear as though and you will have to buy it again.

If I hack my 11.2 3DS with a 4gb, will there be enough space for at least 1 game?

its like one of the many reasons

there's a list in the pastebin. scroll down.

BTW, I'm using the micro SD card with card adapter. Maybe this causes the problems?

That and the fact Sony stopped making game for it and left it rot.

of course, which game did you have in mind? you'll always be able to upgrade your SD later on

Oh shit, I'm retarded. Thanks user.

So /hbg/ how long have you been in the console hacking business? I had a slot-2 flashcart for my ds fat and used the twilight hack before the hbc was released

>mfw you had to rerun the hack every time you wanted to change apps

At least people made loaders pretty quickly so I didn't have to also swap the boot.dol file every time too

>Sony stopped making game for it
When did they start?

No, i use this too and im playing starfox64 now.

I tried that, keeps telling me that it "didn't find any data to import".

Maybe try exporting your current save and then replacing those files with your old save backup?

If I install tickets with CIAngel, how can I install the game later with FBI?
I tried searching the tickets option in FBI but all I see are numbers.

Does anyone know what to do?

did you type Z instead of 2 from the url?

Check all your files are named properly
shit like otherapp.bin.bin

delete the music file, check card for errors and copy the music file back to the card and try again.
Also make sure the payload and the other files are in the correct places.

Im currently at this step and when i do select DSP DUMP my 3ds freezes, do I have to just keep trying?

Nah, it seems I had to make an entirely new internet connection and delete the old one.

when I go to the website my 3ds freezes any help?

Like this?
My computer says there might be an error so I'll scan and fix it but last time I did this it said the same thing but it worked.

oh god I'm a fucking retard i was selecting the wrong one , disregard this post

apparently I don't have the arm11.bin on my root folder. I don't know where I fucked up

Damn, does the backup have to match exactly the size stated? I'm like 10 MB off.

Try erasing the (.bin) part from your otherapp file so it's named just
otherapp

Anyone know how to report people trying to make money off of hacking other people's 3ds when you can do it for free yourself?

I installed A9LH on my N3DS. Is there a way to protect it "noob-proof" because my kids (5-7y/o) who play with it shouldn't be able to mess anything up (e.g. hiding things like Luma Updater, Homebrew Launcher, Hourglass9)

It worked, thanks.

No prob
Same thing happened to me

I'm on a mac
Every time I try to run Qcma an error occurs and it doesn't run, what do I do?

yes. report youtube channels to nintendo.

Put those things in a folder, and move the folder to the last page of the 3DS screen?

You could also install emunand have the 3DS boot into emunand instead.

Get the kecleon patch to ignore button combos on boot so they can't get to luma settings or other arm9 programs.

Technically that's true. But I want to report someone who's trying to jew people on Facebook

buy them their own 2ds and forget about it

Okay, what are the chances of bricking my 3DS XL?
I hear the chances are extremely low if you follow the guide exactly step by step, but how bad does one have to fuck up to make it bricked?

So apparently the theme package from the freeshop comes with 188 themes, what are my options for mass deleting the ones i don't want?

Thanks in advance.

It's safe provided you follow the instructions and don't play early leaked games.

Now that you've downloaded them, go back to Freeshop and mass delete them, you should now be able to install individual themes manually from the theme store for free.

Shit dude, this gets more and more amazing. Thank you.

I have the same problem as him, except to me initially Homebrew worked but then started freezing after i copied on the SD the files needed to install arm9launcher (I'm at that part of the guide)

I already tried replacing the music file and otherapp, didn't work, so I'm guessing the problem could be one of the new files interfering. Any idea what ot might be? I may remove it temporarily then start 2.1.0 and then press select to unmount the SDvand recopy in it the file again. Maybe it's the new payloads i copied in the luma folder?

>bored and see if xenoblade is available on the freeshop for o3ds
>it is
>download and try to launch it
>launches ok
>start playing
>holds at around 25fps
I thought you guys said it wouldn't play, and that it would be unplayable if it did.

neat can you please post a video? I thought people were getting 1-5 fps so this is awesome

Here:
mega.nz/#F!odhVzKKK!S8Hv7bGmUSANm6cu1lhZ1A

It's all my lewd 3DS shit
Feel free to pastebin it, I have a mega account just for sharing.

>trying to format the SD
>file is being used by another proccess

WHICH ONEE

This is why unlocker exists.

this kind of scary. this game not even a year old, and already they're removing online features. I hope nintendo doesn't try to force an upgrade, by closing 3ds online a year or two after the switch release.

>diskpart
>list disk
>select disk (THE RIGHT ONE)
>clean
>win key
>create and format partitions
>(just type "part")
>Right click on the black space that was your card
>Create new volume
or whatever

>i can't read

I did it! Finally upgraded from my emunand and the boot speed sure helps me out. One thing though, all my themes are gone and CHMM2 doesn't seem to work. What happened?

It was literally just the demo
>Splatoon Global testfire REMOVED FROM ESHOP!!!1!!
Wait shit.
We can't read
It was the demo, but also a part of the game.
Anyway , they don't need to update to turn off their servers, they just need to turn off their servers

>i can't read either

Does JKSM work with the old blue button Sky3ds? I am finally switching to cfw and want to transfer my saves to cias.

My 3DS is hacked feel yesterday and it feels good senpai.
Just few question.
When i install and CIA, i can delete it after through the normal data management from the 3DS like a normal game?

How does downloading DLC work with game i own?

Guys I downloaded the virtual console version of Xenoblade Chronicles through uTikDownloadHelper but it's like its corrupted or something.

Can't start redNAND without deleting the game from sysNAND first. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Why aren't you using USBloaderGX in Wii mode?

They shut down the online services of a commercial game that released 12 months ago.
Those features where also provided as an entirely free demo.
What am I missing?

I'm not panicking like otheranon, but only leaving your servers on for one fucking year is pitiful.

w-what

Now that we finally have access to online and games, when do you think that Nintendo will close the online services for 3DS?

>Now that we finally have access to online and games
We've had access to online since the start, latefag.
They'll shut down the servers some time after the 3DS stops being supported.

they will release a stability update in a week or two and then we will laugh at all the 11.3 WHEN!!??! fags :^)

also newfag reeeee

How can i turn a .gba game into a VC injected .cia ? I have a rom hack of golden sun i want to put in there and the native gba emulator is too slow.

I was hoping I could play the game without going to the vWii mode since I don't have an extra external hd to hack vWii.

All you need is an SD card or regular USB
Either way, may be wrong but I'm pretty sure pirated Wii VC doesn't work because it deals with Wii mode

wow chill out

Seeing latefags coming in and asking redundant questions is fucking annoying.

can anyone explain how to remove outlines in sun/moon? i dont understand the explanation in this github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher/releases

I bet you're mad I can play games now :D

You can't do it if you don't know how
Also if you don't have a game cart