/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Bitterblack Isle edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet [mostly outdated/inactive]
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT [OUTDATED]

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/dcgjhh.7z
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for non loli pawns

non-loli master race

>ah shit, there goes jimmy

Speaking of Pawns, could Pawn List user please add my sorceress to the list?

I'm keeping an eye on her inclinations to make sure she doesn't slip into Nexus or Guardian. Her level is going up at a steady place at the moment since I'm exploring BBI for the first time.

Ahr L80+ Female

>want to take a nice screenshot of her but I'm in post-game so every place is dark and poorly lit
feels bad man

friendship ended with loli pawns, now THICC pawns are my new best friend

>Want to increase pawn's vocation rank but don't want to level up
>Pawn still need 100k for next level
>Go farm guards
>Kill 3 guards
>Pawn level up

Blast arrows are for bullying with

For the user that wanted to make the pawn list early in the thread, my pawn Nathaliegos is now a level 81 mage

goodnight

no teenage tits allowed

Does anyone here try doing some Pawn Training?
Does your pawn behave like you wanted it to? Or is it just a meme?

Quick stupid question : I assumed that once I load into NG+, the difficulty automatically gets set to Hard. Options menu says otherwise. (still on Normal)

Can I still change to Hard from the main menu, or does it override my save?

It's just a meme

It's a meme with heavy confirmation bias.
After about ~15 pawns made, I'd say the only thing they seem to pick up on is certain triggers like Exodus Slash, or for Sorcs using the strong air attack to stop certain enemies (like charging eliminators). The entire pawn training meme seems to be predicated on people performing these techniques, and then believing that pawns are actually intelligent.
The beastiary fills up via kill count, and certain primary triggers. There is also lots of lesser techniques for enemies. Warrior pawns seem good at using Corona Slash for grouped enemies as well as Indomitable Lunge for downed enemies.

You can't train them to use certain skills more than others. We still have no clear idea how party composition, beastiary, camera placement and many other variables affect engagement parameters. Effin's document was neat, and maybe a lot of it is true, but I'm guessing it's still just a shit load of confirmation bias. Pawn behavior isn't really consistent. You'll have a firedrake climbing retard one day, and a god of death the next.

>did about two hours worth of adventuring
>just took down some bandits across the river from the abbey in the woods
>about to save
>one last little archer runs out from the cave like his life depends on it and plinks me in the ass, I was low hp
>die
>lose all my progress

Anyone have a noose I can borrow?

>make pawn
>proceed to throw it and rook into the brine
Who /nopawn/ here?

Chooshing hard mode from the main menu acts as if the game has gone into NG+; your stats, inventory and vocation remain untouched, but the game begins from the dragon battle in Cassardis.
I think all affinity carries over too.

>with heavy confirmation bias.

Oh, it's this guy again.

>I'd say the only thing they seem to pick up on is certain triggers like Exodus Slash, or for Sorcs using the strong air attack to stop certain enemies (like charging eliminators). The entire pawn training meme seems to be predicated on people performing these techniques, and then believing that pawns are actually intelligent.

In previous thread I quoted two posts in which the two players said that their pawns started to climb and to finally use a skill only after the palyer started doing so. As you usually, you / another guy just screemed "confirmation bias" and nothing more.

>You can't train them to use certain skills more than others.

See, the problem you have nothing to back that up, while it's hard to deny that when your pawn doesn't climb at all after playing for a lot of time and then it start to do that only after you. I think the most sensible thing to think is that a certain degree of influence exists, but i

But seriously, it seems that literally doesn't matter what people tell you it MUST BE confirmation bias. Like that minset isn't a fucking huge bias in itself.
Look, I don't even give an actual shit about pawn training itself, but it's really annoying how you deniers are always trying so fucking stupidly and hard to deny that. I still must read a post of a denier which isn't a nonsensical load of evident bias, misinformation and deformation of what other people said.

I still haven't* read a post of a denier

I see, good thing I only made it to GS before I realized, so I can redo everything fast enough. Thanks!

Every time you do something, there is tiny litle shift in your pawns Inclinations

In theory, your pawn is supposed to resemble you a great deal in the end. How they fight and such.

But in practice, you're only changing your pawns inclinations, which can easily be done with potions

But I'm an assassin and my strider pawn barely climbs anything, even though I've dire gouged everything to death the whole playthrough
REALLY makes me think

Anyone in need of a sorceror?

As I was saying, there has been a lot of clear evidence that a certain degree of influence on pawn's specific actions actually exists. The real meme are the dumb contrarians who will deny that only for the sake of being contrarian.
The problem is that nobody can know how much player's playstyle can influence a pawn, it's something pretty limited for sure, just variable among other variables

Magic is for fags.

*wraith teleports behind u*
psshhhh... nothing personnel... pawn...

>actually kinda looks like a gop
Cheeki /breeki.

Any good looking white armors for a Warrior? I dig the Mercedes one, but the stats are godawful.

lv?

Gryphic armour that you can get halfway through the game is pretty bulky and nice

I guess that the d-pad bottoms don't actually influence inclinations because they don't immediately change your pawn's inclination and because there are other factors that influence it, right?

As I said, in any case it would be nothing more a limitated variable among other variables, nobody here said or thought that it works like a fucking inclination elixir that gives you immediate and always evident results. If anything it's cleary much more similar to the d-pad bottoms, so something limitated that can still have evident consequences if other variables doesn't deny its effects.
That would explain a lot, but, no, "It didn't happen to me so that absolutely can't happen to you".

I haven't browsed these threads for months so you're referring to another guy. In regards to those pawns climbing after Arisen does, again, it's technique triggers. Depends on the enemies.

The primary reasons I believe pawn training is a meme is because:
1. You can use just one skill HEAVILY throughout an entire playthrough and your pawn will never EVER consistently pick up on it. Try and make a fucking ranger that uses Tenfold Flurry consistently. It will not happen. I've tried three times. What you could do though, is be clever about making it happen like using Dragon's Glaze to pawn much more likely to use it against Eliminators, Banshees or Strigoi for example. Otherwise it just seems to be a dice roll left up to MAYBE party composition and MAYBE inclinations and MAYBE enemy type and placement.

2. There is no where to store this amount of data in save files. When you borrow someone else's pawn, that pawn's data is now in your save file (you can actually straight up "steal" other peoples' pawns this way). While much of the XML files in DD are murky shit with little to actually be certain about, save files are really straight forward. There is no where I came across where you could store the triggers and learned abilities for the several enemies this game has. As it stands in the modding scene there's not enough info pertaining to how pawns engage. This is all I could really immediately find:
a.pomf.cat/dcgjhh.7z

cont'd

but you can literally measure d-pad button inputs changing inclinations, unlike saying "I did X and now my pawn does it", which is only a correlative observation without giving any regard to the underlying mechanics involved

Gopnik is lv. 55

3. This game obviously has a lot of variables, but it's a roughly finished game (this we know considering what team lead had planned for game). And maybe included in those is some kind of check that monitors how often an arisen uses a skill, or how he uses it. But like I said, you can't train a ranger pawn to tenfold. It's been tried many, many times.
And even if were pawns were actually trainable in the degree people believe them to be? It's a moot point because there's other engagement parameters that override them. Dire dragons, daimon, golems, ghost enemies, Pawns are notoriously retarded against these enemies. They're certainly not intelligent against enemies require a tactic other than "attack obvious weak point" (they dont even get this with a chained up CGC -- they dont remove the helmet but they climb to the eye) like ogres or evil eyes.

But what's more likely?
That amid this mish mash of engagement parameters and technique triggers and beastiary flags, occasionally pawns do something that's seemingly intelligent which players conflate for PAWN TRAINING, or, that the developers who couldn't even program diredrake engagement parameters right, actually built one of the most advanced AIs for a game and several thousand players simply haven't figured that AI system out yet?
No one has made a truly trained pawn because it doesn't exist. It's just a bunch of flags, inclinations, and skill loadouts and who knows what other variables that affect combat.

Guys, I need a pawn around the level of 55-62 for BBI, preferably a fighter that's savvy with the enemies there so my pawn could learn and the party would have a nifty tank, and I'd rather it be a /ddg/ pawn, post yours if you have one!

To end, I don't think "pawn training" exists. I think pawns do observe flags which trigger beastiary knowledge, and other techniques, and in that sense they are "trainable". You're simply building up their knowledge to be used in engagements.
The AI is pretty great, all things considered. It's not like FEAR where the engagements are simpler. The AI here has to consider: enemy distance (which is constantly changing XYZ), resistances, skill parameters, where the Arisen is, where the Arisen is going, their inclinations.... etc etc. Honestly, they do remarkably well given these circumstances.
But I seriously doubt on top of all of this, the devs built a system which allows them to learn unaccounted for behaviors and use them correctly.
It really is confirmation bias. In a giant sea of variables, your pawn is doing something you believe you trained it to. And maybe in simpler cases, you did in a way. Or maybe another pawn had his Arisen show him something, which enabled a flag, and then that pawn did it and your pawn "saw" and now the flag is enabled for him, and he comes back and tells you about it provided there's a trigger and suitable dialogue for that flag.

All I'm saying is, people take this training shit too far. It's a program. Not an intelligence. You are pretty confined in what you could direct your pawn to do.

I agree with you 100%.
Every pawn ever is pretty much the same AI-wise. There are no dumb pawns, you didnt train them wrong, you just havent filled their pre-determined AI behavior yet, and Inclinations just help the pawn decide the action that goes first on their queue.

r8 my Impa

4/5 would not stare at the wrong way.
Or absolutely would depending on inclinations

diablo 3 femmonk/10

Really nice/10.

If I backup a save so that I can start a new character, will any weird stuff happen when I switch back to the previous character?

You should try this:
>bandit stalkers/evening tights instead of iron bandings
>marshal bracers instead of bandages
>red leather gloves instead of iron manicae

Ah, its so frustrating to have a Ranger Pawn and have her run into enemies and use her daggers. Literally ever Poison Undead she stands in the goddamn poison spit and runs in and out of it.

I accidentally killed Fournival, does he respawn after 7 days?

You'll get a temporary trade ban so that all of your gifts to other players are replaced by rocks. It's supposed to last like 24-48 hours.

Yeah he should do, are you Post Game? It'll take a little longer for him to appear because he walks a different path, I think its a 10minute wait if not then its usual time.

Yeah, I am farming vocation levels on guards and he decided to join in.

Yeah, he walks down the stairs by his house and towards to square by the Pawn Guild, takes 10-15mins usually.

>Otherwise it just seems to be a dice roll left up to MAYBE party composition and MAYBE inclinations and MAYBE enemy type and placement.

AND maybe Arisen's playstyle influence, that was my point, there are cleraly a lot of variables, you get a concrete result if those work well togheter.

>2. There is no where to store this amount of data in save files.

If it can store the date of the other variables just fine it can store the date of that variable as well, you are making it sound more complex that it would be, see below.

>3. This game obviously has a lot of variables,

Yep.

>3. This game obviously has a lot of variables, but it's a roughly finished game (this we know considering what team lead had planned for game). And maybe included in those is some kind of check that monitors how often an arisen uses a skill, or how he uses it.

Yeah, you summed up what I'm saying.

>But like I said, you can't train a ranger pawn to tenfold.
>And even if were pawns were actually trainable in the degree people believe them to be?

As you can see, I never used the term "training", I have always talked about some degrees of influence, and I have explained how limited I think it is here .
The fact that many people blew it out proportion doesn't mean that we should ignore the reasonable evidence as well.

>They're certainly not intelligent against enemies require a tactic other than "attack obvious weak point"

That's not true. There are tons of cases in which a pawn makes some very good choices of behavior that require some good coordination of the information. Something they make good choices but execute them in a goofy and half-assed way, but you can stiil see that there are some variables of behaviour that gets organized by the AI, you yourself listed some of them. Other times they are also fucking retarded, of course. Why? Because it's a roughly finished game half baked game, like you yourself said.

cont'd.

Nice.

Nude mods any good?

My whole game on BBI has been just heartstones

>about to start a new character
>can't think of a name for muh pawn
oh god

Someone hired my pawn, shortly released (returned with 0 RC) and 2 stone gifts.and low rating I feel bullied.

Anyone else have received/sent any fun/interesting gifts and/or praises?

I get kindling and large nuts from time to time

I give golden eggs and panaceas to the one I really really like
Hard bones for amazons

just got a hunk of platinum

For some reason my character seems to Sprint at the same speed he jogs, anyone has any idea as to why?

Is changing vocation in 30 level bad idea?

It's my first playthrough.I was strider until this time, found neat MK weapon and want to mix things up by change my playstyle to supporting my mage Challenger Sorcerer pawn

strider is legit one of the best vocations you could have been before switching to MK so go for it

>>can't think of a name for muh pawn

Crocifissa.

Fantastic. By the way, what's that ENB?

make her a support mage and make her wear slutty clothes

call her Healslut

So what's with this 'use few shield skills' meme for fighter pawns? A while back, everyone used to equip shield skills all the time; what happened?

How does NG+ work if i also want to do Speedrun mode and Hard mode?

Say, if i finish the game in NG+ and then decide to complete Hard mode, do i still get to play in NG++ after i finish it?

Also, do the rewards you get for beating both modes spawn in your inventory when you start a new game or do you just get them on your current character?

Might be something to do with your height/weight

>Requis
>Huge black man
>Make him a warrior

Hey /ddg/, do you play with normal audio or with Japanese audio?

>ever playing with Jap audio

Kill yourself

English.

The belief that more shield skills meant less perfect blocking and less use of sword skills. Also shield skills kind of suck. Pawns spending more time using Cymbal Assault means less time using other skills, and possible getting stuck in an animation and not blocking. I mean, that's the theory anyways. Also, in Cymbal Assaults case it's blunt damage so they use it against every fucking skeleton and it does ass for damage.

I find Sheltered Fusillade to be amazing on pawns. It has better DPS than Dragon's Maw I think. I also like Divine Defense but pawns use it for way too long.

The nude mod allows for nice outfit options like that NPC is wearing. Iron Lorica+Chainmail Bracers also yields a nice underboob.

Most of the shield skills, like launchboard, perfect defense, cymbal onslaught etc lock the pawn into uselessness, when they could be using attacking skills that are far more useful.

whats the best place to farm discipline without getting too much exp?

Goblins before the dragon, and gran soren guards after the dragon. Lots of goblins around Gran Soren to kill, as well as near Devilfire Grove.

Assuming you play on PC, do you use M/K or Controller?

M/K.

thanks Ill try there

Devilfire Grove, it has goblin everywhere. I'd suggest to use the alternative exp table mod, though.

What could be causing the transparent hair?
Also, was there ever a mod to remove the postgame ugly ass sky?
M/K, more so with ranged classes

dllinput lets you do it

>mfw 6 runs and no framae blades
>gives me Virge of Madness
>back to MK again I guess

Do we have low level pawns here? Like, really low level.

>take any quest
>get my ass kicked

okay, so what am I supposed to do after getting to Grand Soren? Like, is there any main quest? Wasn't I supposed to be introduced to the duek or something?

t. started playing yesterday

How are you getting your ass kicked early on? Are you fighting Ogres?

Also good news: I've got a pretty good grip on modifying spells. Once my ass for internet speed downloads OBS I'll try and make a .webm of my version of Frigor.
>tfw 5 hours for a 65mb file

post game skies could always be edited out of your save file.
I think if you modify your save file it's on a single line with the word Darkness in it, IIRC.

>5 hours for a 65mb file
The 90's called. Want their internet back.

Nice, is it something risky to alter?

With dllinput there's literally just a box that you untick, and the skies will return to normal. No risk at all.

Not at all, it's pretty straightfoward, too.

This was like one of the biggest problem I had with post game, can't believe I missed out this fix for so long, thanks!

How hard is it to 100% this game?

Pretty easy, unless you want 100% pawn knowledge.

Best settings for debanding for reshade?

Would you guys recommend using the Great mod compilation on the Nexus? I'm planning on grabbing that, Gransys Texture Improvement, and dinput8.dll so far.