What does Veeky Forums think of sleepers?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQJntE70PD0
youtube.com/watch?v=lbfPqLd-q8g
youtube.com/watch?v=gDIAVZGPMs4
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle/
youtube.com/watch?v=GVpj_lof6Us
youtube.com/watch?v=PhPJmEt8cmI
youtube.com/watch?v=MiuLvLobAs4
callawaycars.com/homepage/the-company/callaway-cars/c13/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_V8_engine
youtube.com/watch?v=FRAKn-uPaK0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>FWD

Veeky Forums loves sleepers.

ignore this faggot. He's gayer than I am.

>Northstar
Yeah sleeper alright, you'll fall asleep in it. Silly choice considering there are VW and Audi engines that swap in easily and can be boosted silly.

SHO isn't a sleeper anymore.

It's well known and slow as fuck these days.

>SHO isn't a sleeper anymore.
>It's well known and slow as fuck these days.
scuzi?

I enjoy it. There is a few boosted to heaven and hell wankels running around here, although the sound and massive tailpipe is a dead giveaway though.

That V8 is probably so heavy on the front axle of that tiny tin can shitbox that it has probably better traction than a miata.

>SHO isn't a sleeper anymore.
The 4th gen Taurus SHO, maybe not (because badging)

But the also 4th gen Taurus SHO Lincoln MKS (EcoBoost) - A little more subtle.

But then again, my favorite sleeper was an E39 5 series wagon with a force fed S62 swap.

>what is syncro

youtube.com/watch?v=oQJntE70PD0

youtube.com/watch?v=lbfPqLd-q8g

>youtube.com/watch?v=gDIAVZGPMs4

a company sells (or at least used to) bolt in kits for this swap. i think it was 10k$ for the whole package. the V8 focus was discovered by a former Ford engineer who realized the mounting brackets on the Focus and the Mustang were identical.

That fucking amazing. That would actually sell extremely well where I live, especially if you buy and convert the car yourself and sell it as is.

The engine should be vertical.

Most based type of car build

having the front of the engine pointed at the ground is not going to help anyone user.

he wants to drill for oil

But only good sleepers not this crap shopping cart with a Yamaha engine

A part of your transmission
>fuck fwd
sincerely, a fwd owner. never, ever, again

Syncro is actually the name of VW four wheel drive which was available for MK2 Golfs like in the OP, too, you ignorant fuck

puffy vulva

>actually owning/caring/knowing about VW shit
FWD cuck confirmed

stay btfo lmao

>FWD
>Not a shitbox
enjoy your ''''''''performance'''''' shitbox kid

I love sleepers, they are the polar opposite of riced out meme shit I tend to see around my college.

I hate it when people try and make their slow shitbox look and sound fast when it isn't. I've seen so many riced out base model civics, and rebadged 320i's with fake M logos and fake carbon fiber mirrors and roofs.

apply on butt, fuccboi

VW's syncro system was first used on the 1980's VW Vanagon camper vans, which were RWD without it. It's just a mechanical AWD system.

deal with it

>implying I bought my FWD for performance
Sorry user.
>caring at the shittiest german brand
shiggidy

>>caring at the shittiest german brand
VW holds a special place in my cold cold heart. I grew up going to air cooled VW shows and watching Herbie, so VW's are nostalgic for me. One of my favorite childhood memories is a family friend giving me a ride in a 1971 Beetle when I was 7

no this is a sleeper

what about a thing

Car equivalent of "I was only pretending to be retarded"

they're interesting, but I never liked convertibles.

there is nothing wrong with air cooled bugs. there is a lot wrong with this. VW has been shit for decades, at least BMW and Merc have only become garbage over the last 15 years.
Can you even find one with a manual? If so that would be sick.

Convertible literally means multiple forms, top up or down...that is not a convertible, its an open top

you are cancer

>there is nothing wrong with air cooled bugs. there is a lot wrong with this. VW has been shit for decades, at least BMW and Merc have only become garbage over the last 15 years.
I admit this. But it still remains the only modern water-cooled VW I would buy is a 1998-2011 New Beetle or a 2012+ Beetle for pure nostalgia but in a more livable modern package.

I don't hate them, I just don't like them
>stop not-liking what I like!

i think about 20% are manual

aside from slightly lower suspension and different wheels my car looks totally stock from the outside

but it doesnt sound stock

>literally has a flower holder in the dashboard
I understand nostalgia, but buy an older porsche like every other vwfag aircoold fanboy.
Google what convertible means. A fixed roof, nor an open top, is "convertible"

>buy an older porsche
god no. fuck that.
>Bitching about a vase
where else and I supposed to put my cannabis?

>Google what convertible means
don't care. I want a fucking roof over my head.

A quick search of cargurus shows less than 2% on the market are manuals. Maybe a few ercent more are, but no way 20%
Is the the yuropoor equivalent of a ratrod? I fucking love it.

>don't care. I want a fucking roof over my head.
then do yourself a favor and learn what a convertible is "carguy."
>doesn't want a real aircooled VW
all hope is lost on you. heil hitler or whatever your type says

you are confusing production with whats for sale

Which is why I said a few ticks more. No way 18% of all manuals are stashed away. As a bimmerfag, I understand the margins, but 20% is absurd. I'm sure GM has actual production numbers available.

For instance, one of my cars was a limited run of 500 manuals for one model year, and my other was only offered as a manual.

>all hope is lost on you.
To be honest. I'd love 2 beetles. An old 63 Herbie replica with a Subaru Turbo EJ20 powering it, and a 2012+ Beetle Turbo converted to AWD from the Golf R.

VW Vortex actually made the latter one a reality with their VW Super Beetle concept car. Aside from welding in the trunk pan, a custom length prop shaft to the back and using the front sub-frame from an Audi TT RS, it was a bolt in affair.
vwvortex.com/features/project-cars/superbeetle/super-beetle/

Well, I don't mean you may be delusional, as you agree, but at least you are a Bugfag, and not a VW sackrider. That I can respect, tho I don't understand it. I mean not my thing but at least you aren't buying a GTI and putting a K04 on it.

moar

the plate really kinda gives it away though

>as if the big chrome wheels weren't the first clue

would you drive it?

Its time to learn grasshopper.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVpj_lof6Us

>Northstar
>in a golf
WHY?

some men, world, burn etc etc

youtube.com/watch?v=PhPJmEt8cmI

yes

fucking Audi and their near-infinitely boostable hyper-wagons

>1056 hp vs an old litre bike
come on

Ausfag here these old beasts are the ultimate sleeper here in rooland

>pull up at lights
>most of these came in a auto 3800
>me making 300hp at the wheels in a ls1 auto from the factory
>blow their fucking doors off
muahaah

isnt that a porsche?

good god that looks so generic

Partly, Porsche is pretty much responsible for Audi's sleeper wagon history. They helped tune the RS2's engine on the condition that Audi would not make a sedan or coupe version.

>implyig
Nigga its a fucking Opel/Vauxhaul Omega its amazing it even functions

lmao, yes. watch this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=MiuLvLobAs4

the porsche dudes pretty much went from smug ass to panic mode when the audi didn't break loose and even overtook them

"what the fuck is going on??" "what is this?" "the fuck is going on with that thing???" "WHAT IS THIS WAGON??"

Now - who expects a Z3 to be fast?

I like how Opel was experimenting with putting a V8 into the Omega but gave up because the thing couldn't handle long high-speed drives.
Then they gave the platform to the Aussies and the first thing they did was drop an LS into it.

who would have guessed from a roll a big turbo would work?
Dare him to race the bike from a dig on street legal tires

because we're sick cunts mate

We even stuffed a 300kw (400hp) engine in it 18 years ago for giggles

callawaycars.com/homepage/the-company/callaway-cars/c13/

At the time it was fucking monster

Your more then welcome to import one but i dont think seppos can because of the fuel tank placement? Oh well the boot is small as fuck anyway so idk fuel cell it

Lots of young fellas get the older 5.0l (aussie v8) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_V8_engine or LS1 and hoon the fuck out of them

We never got the LT1 or anything like that just the LS and derivatives

>GUGGE MA!
>WAS IS'N MIT DEM DING LOS??????
>DAS GEHT JA WIE SAU????????????????

I'm from yurop, but I'd love to drop an LS or something similar into pic related and do skids fuckin everywhere. Doesn't matter where you're going as long as it's sideways.

>not knowing about the vr6

dawww it looks so innocent

shame the yank and euro models sucked so much dick

Yeah, they're pretty comfy but boring rust magnets otherwise.

Except when Lotus got involved and slapped a tarbo on it.

That looks like a sleeper because anyone who would buy those wheels is obviously a fucking idiot and can't afford a proper build.

>600hp+
>not a good build
lol

the dudes who dropped the northstar into that golf were burgers so I guess they had a northstar laying around and getting a vr6 would have been too much trouble and the northstar swap was interesting from a shits&giggles point of view anyways.

fuck yes the carlton

love that car

V6 Opel Omega was actually quite decent.
Severely underrated RWD shitbox.

fuck off falcunt

Probably my favorite kind of build. I actually want to do something similar to this to my Town Car, but with a 460 instead of a blown 4v 5.4L.

youtube.com/watch?v=FRAKn-uPaK0

>tfw my GTI came with a K04 from the factory

DEVILISH

do you beat hookers over the head with your turbo too?

Gimicks

rice is the only way to disguise a cars intent now