/ovg/ - AMG 50 Edition

Previous thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is that kira?

No, that's Lewis Hamilton

no the grille u d*mpa$$

i vote for a new thread without the nigger picture

WE APPROVE OF THIS THREAD IT GIVES A PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE BACK TO HAMILTON HOW IS ROSBERG EVER GOING TO RECOVER

>hamilton
>nigger

>i vote for a new thread without the nigger picture

hes mixed you retards

>greeks
>white

Is THAT kira?

Britain
AYE

No ITS Lewis Hamilton

ovgt3 sucks
megane cup when

>Top Gear/Grand Tour presenters playing Forza Horizon 3 for some promo event thingy
>they don't really take the game seriously, just play it for fun
>comments on the youtube vid of that going WAAAH FORZA SUCKS THEY SHOULD'VE PLAYED [insert game with much more simulation value here] WITH VR AND A WHEEL

Why is such a big part of the racing game community so shit?

Because anyone who got around the burgerking once thinks they're gud, but the only people who might someday potentially care play the same game, so nearly everyone is desperate for more people to be playing 'their' game.

Because most communities on the internet are shit, period.

>tfw current state of sims

Its okay Sector 3 and Studio 420 will save us

how much boost can a stock 121 motor take?

bout tree fiddy

guys i think i'm having a sort of problem with the dlc unlocker or something related to it, i've noticed that some cars don't have audio at all or i can't see the wheel albeit having the virtual wheel set as visible

that sounds like your average AC problem more than something with the DLC unlocker

Doesn't sound like an issue with the crack. Hop on RD and grab sfx mods and then delete your ac folder in my docs

Weird, i'll check then, just noticed it happened after i installed the dlc crack, i'll try deleting the ac folder in docs, thank you

All Lemax had to do was ask the moderators to remove the links. Apparently if kunos visited that thread the mods would stop the pirates.
too lazy to find the post but it's there and makes zero sense

As pure usual I can't get my damn skin to show up in rfactor. I thought I named the correct fields the same but not sure what's up. For the Cady too

Is the resolution, orientation, export settings, file type, file location correct?

I mean apparently not since it's not showing up. But no idea which one is the cause

well look at one of the default .dds files to make sure you have the correct image size and rotation, that should be 2 seconds to eliminate one possibility.

Apparently it's a image size problem

Can't figure out who that is.
Fucking driving me nuts.

So am I not changing the image size correctly because I assume you go Image>Image Size> put in the same number as the other dds files but then I get this

Just upload it somewhere, I'll fix it

Nah I fixed it we good but thanks

Kira

No worries.

skin files have to be a square

Not true.

well then idk

>fixed setup bounces the rev limiter halfway down the straights
>on a short track
You know my expectations for fixed setups are not high iRacing but they are now this low.

lel
Street Stocks have to lift in 3 at Charlotte this week.

Livery is coming along nicely until I ran into some shit I have no idea what I'm doing but here is a sneak peak at one side. Still a lot of work to come assuming this gets finished

I liked the fact that they played Forza, but I wish they had a wheel set up so that way it would be much more familiar and easier for the guys to get into it and they would have probably drove better.

Does she have a last name, or is she like Rhianna or some shit?

Really? I don't know who's getting trolled harder here, me or you.

So, more like Ciara.

Why doesn't forza have any MR2s?

Forza 6 did, Horizon has a significantly worse list of cars.

Finally got around to making this webm. Beat Xtreme G 3 for the Gamecube at the end of 2015. It emulates just fine on Dolphin but the final class is very, very challenging and it might make you go crazy if you don't use save states between races.

Pulled this race out by the skin of my ball hair on the last lap.

Boost map to 3

Poo map to 3

You'll shit your race suit

>not shitting in your race suit to have a soft ass cushion
>want to be literally butthurt when racing an automobile

Would Race 07 work well for a league?

yes

yes until more than 24 people want to join

I doubt more than 24 people would join, but there is no way around this? I mean, it's on isimotor2, the same engine as rFactor.

Sadly no, the only """""workaround""''' is ripping Race07 to rfactor 1 and using that instead, google RaceX mod.

Camaro Cup when?

Holy hell that's one crazy project. Is it any good or are the physics fucked?

One thing that I like about race 07 is the metric crap ton of stuff it has. I really like STCC and a couple of other series.

Those limits on SimBin games have always been shit. IIRC GTR2 capped at like 30 people which is nonsensical in a game with multiclass day/night endurance racing.

Yeah, TCs don't seem hugely popular. It depends on how much we overflow a 24 player server, but if it's a big enough number a second server is a viable option.

Or a quali shootout and only the fastest get to race

Hey I've been looking to get into assetto corse racing a lot more and right now all I have is an Xbox controller but I wanna get a racing wheel and pedals

I really don't wanna spend more than 300 dollars but a lot of Logitech wheels themselves alone are over that

Is there anything I can do for sub 300 or am I just never gonna find something unless I do blow that much more?

For something with expected low attendance hell fucking yes, but as said, it really can't do more than 24 people.

In the league I was in with Race07 what we did was the 24 best practice times drove on server 1, the rest on server 2, but if your race time on server 2 was better than someone on server 1, you would be ahead of them. So you essentially did time attack across 2 servers rather than one big race like we do.

And that's why a TC league in Race07 would kind of make sense, you could have enough for it to be fun, not enough for it to cross the driver limit - and it could all be stock content except for skins (which I might add you can use online without sharing with the server, everyone else will just see a default one, so for instance you and your friend could have something no server would allow on, and you'd be able to see it because you both have the files, but the rest of the players all see a default skin)

eBay, the current gen Logitech wheels are just G27s with a new rim and a shifter you have to buy separately. Notice the reverse gear on most G25+G27 will have shit itself by now

No, but most of the content already exists in rfactor anyway.

>Notice the reverse gear on most G25+G27 will have shit itself by now
Thats not good what should I do then?

Buy the wheel on ebay then get a brand new shifter and pedals?

Used market is your friend.

DFGT for the basics, and a G27 for a full package.
around 50-100 dollars for a DFGT and 150-230 for the G27 is good, depending on the state the wheel is in(the 27 will tend to be a bit overpriced since it got discontinued a bit ago)

I'm sorry what is a dfgt

Dick Fondling Granny Trumpet

You just map it somewhere else if you really need it desu. The problem is the way the gear works. I have repaired mine once, but it didn't take long to fail again.

Essentially the reverse gear works by pressing down the gear knob and going into 6th gear. This activates a small pushbutton at the bottom of the gear lever, and the wheel knows it is in reverse. However this pushbutton is directly attached to the gear lever and moves around all the time when you shift gear, and the wires are soldered on rather than crimped, so the solderings fail quite quickly, within 3 months on my first G27.

You don't use the reverse gear really, and when you do you can just have one of the red buttons mapped for it, or you're in a semi auto car anyway and you just downshift

pressurize.

Logitech Driving Force GT

assuming you quoted Yeah it drives exactly like Race 07 does

Cool. Maybe we can use it for a series after GT3.
Does it have cars only from the base game or does it have the addons too?

The 850 wagon is a fun car to drive.

Rate my WIP. Hire me for your team. My fees are reasonable.

hope u get under armed bowled hehehehehehhehehe

I think its just the base game but I wouldn't be surprised if the addon cars are available somewhere

Preddy good la

Even the base touring cars are pretty good fun to drive, did 3 seasons with the BMW (because fuck front wheel drive)

Here's the BMW I refer to in the skinning guide as the first skin I ever made (and what a fucking nightmare it was)

nice aperture logo you valvedrone
>that carlton tho

I found the 1.20 + 1.25 update if anyone wants to try them and share their opinions too.

forceracing.forumcommunity.net/?t=47558107

These cars are best enjoyed in tight and twisty tracks(Like lime rock, snetterton, knockhill, oulton and so on).

>Google rfactor race X
>Find random ovgsc pic in the 4th row

Weaboo

I want greeks to leave and stop promoting ogc

Tfw unoriginal with team names
>Literally only having watched evangelion of all animes
>in english dub
>on youtube
>weaboo

The other day Trav and some other dude sperged out over me not knowing whatever the fuck jojo is and i still don't

>En San Luis WiFi Internet GRATIS
>*heart wifi*
damn, lady avi
;_;

the vtcc thing is gonna die soon. I'm looking for alternatives. And I'm not the one promoting it.

Yeah, still a weeaboo.

Casual visitor here, how is the latest nfs?
It's really cheap on origin.
I enjoyed most wanted years ago.

I just want a fun arcade racer to play.
I also don't care it's always online.

Replay Most Wanted and the two Undergrounds to be honest, the new one is a nice looking game, but even very casual players will get frustrated that their finely tuned supercar handles like a truck

If you really want to try it, it is free for 10 hours on Origin, so download it, try it out, and make your decision

meh

it's mostly good but the handling is inconsistent, when not unpleasant. if you can manage to get around that, perhaps by putting that tune slider all the way to the drift side and always driving sideways, it can be decent.

leave....

PAY
DEBTS

>Too intelligent to race humans

But other cars in ovg races are just AI