Who else bought a car in 2016?

What did you buy? How do you like It so far?

I bought 2. A FiST and a VW Transporter, both '15 plate.

didn't really buy a car, financed. shitsubishi outlander. i hate it because i don''t like suv's

Might buy a CPO M235 if the price goes down.

Bought a 2016 charger R/T. The car is a blast to drive and looks great

Miata, already put 16k miles on it.

I bought a 60 Year old oldsmobile if that counts

'98 STi Type RA V-Limited

It's one of few in the country, so I feel special.

Did you get the GT? I drove one for a few weeks while looking for a new car and I liked it. It's ugly as hell and kind of slow, but it was comfortable and kind of fun to drive.

Bought a 2016 Honda hrv lx

>Who else bought a car in 2016?

Be thoughtful and detailed about your criticisms in those new car surveys you'll receive. That's how the companies get feedback that matters.

>please provide your demographic statistics for use by my market research employer
I picked up a brand new MB AMG S63. I love it!

>Getting a car you hate

Did your wife tell you to get it? lmao

I bought a '98 Volvo 945 LPT Wagon and I'm loving it so far. Nice features and I love the space.

I bought a 2004 GTI with a rebuilt transmission... Love it.

Had a 1994 SN95 mustang before. Just kinda got sick of it.

I bought my Acura, I'm very pleased with it. Top tier comfy.

I bought Clementine.

It's been a good year. Wheel bearing replaced under warranty, trunk latch replaced under warranty, both oil changes were free. Now I need tires, the first maintenance I actually have to pay for.

I bought my first car out of high school, a 1981 F100 for $650.
Near death, blatantly unsafe, transmission died shortly after winning a drag race with a mid-nineties F150, 5/5 breddy good.
Then, I bought an 03 focus to be just sort of a temporary thing while I worked on getting enough saved to make the down-payment on an $8500 dodge without credit, literally could not see out of it. Nearly died merging into traffic I could not see, previous owner was some chick who evidently didn't feel the need to properly maintain it, it constantly overheated (in Wisconsin, in the Fall) but the temperature gauge never got above halfway, it turns out it's not actually supposed too. That died when the transmission exploded while I was sitting at a stop sign in neutral.
Because it died before I had enough to cover the down payment on anything, and because no one sells cars for $1000 bucks or less that close to winter, I had to ask my father to co-sign on a loan for a car to last through the winter at least.
It worked out as basically being kidnapped and taken to the local kia mega-mall (because I know the owner [read: I want to score brownie points with my landlord]) without being given time to go to an ATM to get a couple hundred bucks first.
So now I have the only car they were willing to give some teenaged dipshit with no credit and no cash, a 2013 base model focus which I can't ditch for another 6 years, which is unfortunate because it is in every aspect worse the either of the other two cars I've owned so far.
So far, I only really liked the truck, and every day I get a little closer to putting a sledge hammer to the focus and getting another $500 dollar banger that I can drive without fearing for my life, or experiencing a major failure of some kind at least once on my 5-mile commute.

Also, the front axle came off the 03 focus while I was driving it down a city street, and I managed to bottom-out the new car on a dirt road because I assumed that it was only a plastic front lip that was a grand total of 3 inches off the ground, because I had assumed that no one would design a car that was actually incapable of driving down a rutted road.
Also, I experienced some powertrain-related wackiness with the new car when a stick as big around as my pinkie was chucked up into the undercarriage by the front wheel and embedded itself about 5 inches through the sheet steel protecting something or other, I really don't care anymore, but now power delivery is kinda weird.

>Clementine

Nigga you gay

Bought the Charger. It's okay, very comfortable and has enough power to get around I guess. The car would be 10x better if I could completely turn off traction control and stability control. I find myself taking the truck out a lot more just because it has neither.

It also doesn't sound particularly nice at high rev. Sounds whiny, my E350 sounded world's better.

Also the cruise control changes by increments of 2, which makes it a fucking pain in the ass to get at exactly 60, 100, 120 etc. Often find myself putting it at 119 and then trying for 30 seconds to get an even number.

Glad I got it though, it's a car I like that has been reliable so far, is great to drive daily and is super comfortable on long drives. Put about 10k km on it in the 4 or so months I've had it.

>rebadged honda shitbox
>top tier comfy
is this nigga high?
>colorado
yup

Pls no bully Clementine.

She's shy.

Why do you have problems with it already? Were those recalls?

Bought a 2016 Civic EX-T with 1.5L turbo and cvt
I like it a lot, but will probably trade it in for the 2017 Civic Si when it comes out

Why not the Type R?

>CVT

Kill yourself my man.

Need a reliable dd. Type R would be too harsh plus I'm looking to buy a house soon so I don't want to go overboard.
Bought the Civic because I moved to the south for a job (from the midwest) and my '04 cavalier with 194k miles wasn't going to cut it.
I like the Civic but the Si with selective chassis control, better suspension, ~200-230 hp and sweet Honda 6mt gearbox will be welcome upgrades from the cvt version I have now without costing too much extra while still being a reliable, comfortable dd for work.

It's really a pretty good one, compared to the shit cvt in a Nissan id ridden in before, and in sport mode it keeps the turbo spooled and L always puts in at peak torque. But I'm getting the Si partially for the silky Honda 6 speed

The only "recall" is for the panoramic roof potentially shattering, which is apparently common amongst all brands.

The wheel bearing was probably because eastern NC local govts would rather approve millions in building sidewalks for cyclists and pedestrians rather than fixing potholes.

The trunk latch was my own fault I guess. The external latch itself is some kind of weird touch-sensitive button that makes you think it jammed if you don't touch it right, so you touch it harder then it breaks for real.

Other than that the car has been great. Sure its slow af yet I've still managed to rack up two speeding tickets in 2016.

Honda Manuals feel like ass. Sloppy, loose ass. The shifter slides into each gear, but it just kinda flops around and it never feels solid. At least with a Mazda you feel like you're grinding metal and bending it into each gear.

Bought an 03 Cooper S last month with 15k to replace my 2000 VW Jetta VR6 that got wrecked. I miss it so much.

Also I'll never buy a car during the holidays again. Between buying gifts and paying registration fees, I've never been so broke in my damn life.

used '14 focus hatch. love it.

>spending $15,000 on a 13 year old, notoriously unreliable compact car

jesus fugg man I've heard of people getting suicidal around Christmas, but this is just crazy.

lmao

I have a 2014 escape, can't say anything different at all. My trunk had a mal-alignment problem and I am waiting for the recall to be done first

Nice meme.

B-but I only paid 2400 for it.

I would at least want a functional front plate mount for 15k man.

I bought a Neon SRT4 with a blown turbo for $1000.

Fixed the turbo, turned around and sold it for $6k.

>Bought an 03 Cooper S last month with 15k

>i only paid 2400 for it

>Honda manuals feel like ass
I don't think you've drived a Honda with under 300k miles then.

As far as linkage based manuals go, Honda has been the best in the industry. This comes from experience driving a shitload of FWD Toyota's, fords, Hondas, and acuras.

Oh man, that sucks. Ive only ever heard good things about the old VR6 engine.

This. My old Accord Euro (TSX) had a fantastic MT

Kek.

I was referring to the mileage, and I missed a digit. 155k.

All memes aside, It's ok. The whirring of the supercharger is nice. Feels like driving a go kart. Waiting for it to become a money pit in a few months.

How does a supercharger compare to a turbo in terms of sound and response?

Supercharger is instant and sounds better, but on little shitbox engines you still have a very narrow power band that's usually mid-high revs.

Bought a 2014 Ford Flex, twin turbo AWD wagon(ish)

And sold a '00 540 wagon w/ 250K miles. It's amazing how much a well maintained E39 goes for. Had service records going back to '04.

>Ford is sticking multiple turbos on their engines
>and combining it with some shitty proprietary AWD system

holy fuck you are a glutton for punishment

especially since you'll never get laid again

1 - It's the same engine as the 4th gen SHO.
2 - Transverse AWD. Not all that new
3 - Jokes on you...

2017 Civic Hatch Sport. I finally get to experience snappy electronic steering and turbo lag. The interior is well designed and comfy. Can't wait to rice it

pics doooooooooood

>had two cars, one DD and one disassembled project
>DD became such a mess of rust it wouldn't pass inspection anymore
>tried to finally "finish" project to drivable condition to use that while I went shopping for a new DD
>failed miserably, won't go into detail
>kept driving DD with expired sticker for a year while having financial difficulties
>finally gave up and got a personal loan from my bank for a new DD off craigslist
>found a car I liked that looked clean enough
>couldn't thoroughly inspect it because I was crawling around on the ground to do so, but there was no obvious rust problems and everything worked fine and my code reader came up green
>bought it and took it home to get inspected
>guy won't pass it because pads, rotors, a tie rod end, and short sections of brake line beginning to rust
>also points out to me the rockers are fucked and the holes were just being hidden by the paint which was still intact
>And subframes will either need a thorough de-rusting and paint, or replacement, before they develop holes
>still driving a shitbox that won't pass inspection but now I'm paying off a loan too
I fucking hate the northeast

2013 Suburban LTZ K1500 - dope as fuck

A 2014 used (8000 miles) Mustang, Manual and...V6.

fuck you tards, I like it.

Also replaced the front speakers and put a 12" sub in the trunk. Feels good, man. First manual car, fun to drive.

>not having a guy that will give you shady inspections

Seriously, what state do you live in? I had to go through this before having a guy for inspections.

That is incredibly depressing. I hope your rate isn't any greater than 5-%.

At least brakes are easy as fuck

I actually do but he got scared straight recently when a shitbox he inspected nearly killed someone. So now I gotta find someone else.

it sounds like every time you went to spend a fucking shitload of money you didnt think and made a half ass decision

sell every car you have bought up to this point and pay off at least one of those loans and buy a WELL INSPECTED BEATER

you are the type of person who if goes unchecked is going to seriously fuck yourself over financially, if not now then by the end of your loan terms

Huh...

How does this come back on them? Do the police take account of what the accident was caused by and trace it back to the inspection station?

Its too dark to take my own pics. I'll try to post one tomorrow.

Actually the previous DD I got for free and it passed for a few years then got holes in the frame. The project I got for nearly free and it has zero structural rust but the engine is disassembled right now. It was my DD before developing engine problems. I don't spend a lot on cars and try to do my own work to save money, I'm just poor as fuck and can't afford goddamn anything.

Cops and insurance both care and will investigate to determine the cause of the accident yes. If it's a brake line that rusted out or bald tires or something that should have been caught in the inspection, they jump up the inspector's ass.

They could, but it'd depend on the situation

I'm assuming if this happens in a short period of time between the inspection and the accident that they start finding the inspector?

I'm asking because I have no idea how phony inspectors work.

It'd depend more on the severity of the issue than the timing. Stuff like brakes being metal on metal, etc. would really raise a red flag

If the guy is doing his job right, a line that passed would be extremely unlikely to rust out in the year before the next inspection. Similarly, it takes more than a year for tires to become bald, brake pads to disappear, suspension components to fail, etc. If an accident was caused by these things, it's pretty obvious the inspector didn't give a fuck.

y did they do this

Mazda 3, Love it 99% of the time, hate it 1% of the time. Mostly because of shit tires on it and shifts feel weird.

i bought my first new vehicle this year GMC canyon it's nice having something thats not as old as me to drive

I bought myself this beautiful ISF. I love it so much. I even made a song and sometimes song it about how much I love this car.

Bought a 94 Miata in October. Fucking love it

Bought a '11 turbo diesel focus in Feb, lots of fun. DCT isn't shit because it's the diesel.

Bought a 06 Civic hatch as my first car.

It's nice and pleasant to drive the only drawback I noticed is that you can feel every bump on the road

Challenger R/T 392

>2016 corvette z51, m7
>traded in 2012 mustang gt, m6

5k miles in & i love it, incredible performance upgrade in every way. I need to install a radar detector as it eggs me on to speed everyday.

a few issues so far
1 - recall to reprogram the airbag controller
2 - wiper pump failed (fixed under warranty)
3 - trunklid sticks occasionally (couldn't get it to stick at the dealer when I took it in for pump repair)

Its pretty comfy. Nice seats, good heater and enough power.

A junk Korean Hyundai. They will never compete with the Japs or Germans, hell even Americans.

I have a '10 Charger. They get so much hate and bad press just because basketball americans turn them into donks. I haven't had a single issue with mine, not one, and I DD it 30-40mins both ways. It's also great in the snow due to being stupidly swineobese. Also like you said, very comfy. Not as comfy as my 1996 Grand Marquis, but comfy enough.

i know this feel, consolidated everything dude, just sell all that shit and get your priorities in line

first and foremost a reliable means of transportation is VITAL to you making more money

is that the new type r

I bought a 2006 RSX with 99k miles for 6.5k. it's great on gas, fun to drive, has tons of room thanks to its liftback, and will last forever. Big upgrade from my '91 shitbox.

Not as good as a '68 R/T, but it'll do. Good to see Mopar guys on here.

>i-it's already been riced to start with, user

I bought my 944 last may

Got a 95 Isuzu Trooper for 700 ameribucks. I like older SUVs like that well enough but I was kinda wishing I'd got something faster like a Miata for awhile. But the things grown on me desu and I enjoy /out/ stuff so it's really the better choice.

I love it more then I should.

How has it held up? I hear a lot of horror stories, but a dirt cheap porsche is really hard to pass.

I bought a 1978 Excalibur back in January, a 1966 Imperial in June, and a 1984 Fiero in October.

I also bought a 1979 Lincoln in 2017.

It was a good year.

I already trust Korean brands on reliability more than I do American reliability.

And they're only getting better.

Korea is the new 90s Japan.
America is the new 70s Japan.