Crossover appreciation thread

Does anyone actually like the size of crossovers along with the versatility of a larger vehicle but neatly packed into a small easy to park, good on gas car? I personally love mine.

Reddit is that way

no

Crossovers are just lifted hatchbacks with bigger wheels.
Same interior space/cargo as a hatchback, but more ride height. Literally. How does ride height do anything

I have to disagree. SOME crossovers are hatchback like ex. Juke and crv...most of "suv" versions of compact cars. I like in a urban shithole where potholes are basically the norm...I like the extra room for rough patches. Also I have a job that requires me to be available regardless of weather...Sure I could have gotten a jeep but I mean shit my crossover gets be places no problem. YES I would get stuck sometimes If I had a sedan.. which I can't afford to have happen to me.

>choosing to defend this

My truck based SUV requires me to take the tires off my 29"er. In a crossover Hyundai, you don't have to.

Why do you keep making this thread?

Crossovers are good for people who don't really care about the handling and driving of cars. They get you from A to B.
They are also for people who don't really go offroad, tow anything or haul a lot of people.

Crossovers are not:
>Fun to drive
>Good on gas
>Well handling
>Fast
>Extremely capable

They're literally the consumer dell desktop equivalent to cars. Generally combine all the attributes of other vehicles, but doesn't do any specific thing well.
For normies, this is fine. Preferred, even. They are definitely not Veeky Forums, however.

crossovers about the best all around vehicle you can buy

You know what a crossover is, right?

If you're going to spend that kind of money, you can get a car that is much better handling.

The Mountaineer can tow about 5300 lbs more than the Santa Fe.

No, I own a kia Rondo suv and a Hyundai accent hatch and can use the rondo to camp inside, not the accent at all. The rondo is not my daily driver because gas cost a lot in Canada.

hes one of the tards who think everything should be a performance car

The CR-V holds way more than the Civic.

Most crossovers hold more than their hatch equivalents, but some are real shit (like the Rav4).

implying Veeky Forums has taste and will be able to afford or find use for anything other than shitbox miatas and broken down civics with snow tires .huehuehue cant forget muh lap time memes.

I never said that. They're decent utilitarian vehicles for someone who doesn't demand too much of their car.
If you at all care about driving dynamics, they're pretty bad. If you want to tow a lot or do real off-roading, they're pretty bad.
Hence why most car guys own multiple vehicles, because they want the best tool for the job at hand.

>I'm poor so everyone else is too.

you constantly bring up handling and driving

Im sorry it makes you look stupid

what? Do you even know how to hold a discussion? Its like you are just throwing ideas out and not reading into the context of the statement.

You're posting on an auto enthusiast forum, why are you getting upset when someone calls crossovers boring?

Crossovers as my local dealer stated to me the future in automobiles. He claims he has sold more crossovers in the past 10 years than he has sold sedans in his entire career Get over it...hardly anyone wants or needs a sedan anymore. In reality as much as I like a good sporty sedan a crossover will beat it at everything aside from performance(and this will change soon with the higher demand for crossovers).

You are reaching. This is a shitbox enthusiast forum.

>Normies eat up crossovers
Great insight.
>aside from performance(and this will change soon with the higher demand for crossovers)
I'll be really interested to see how engineers bypass the laws of physics.

are you stupid or something?

You caught me.

Sorry I'm being a bit of a jerk. Ive been a bit testy since I quit smoking cigarettes. Basically what I should have said was plenty of performance crossovers exist already they just come at a premium. Also worth mentioning the handful of performance suvs. All of which "bypass the laws of physics". Once again sorry for being a jerk.

When I say performance I mean being able to turn, as well as go fast.

Sure you can put a big engine in a crossover, but it's never going to handle nearly as well as it's coupe equivalent.

The only good crossovers are the CRV and the CX5

I wont disagree. You get some body roll in crossovers. A lot of them are getting pretty low to the ground (but higher than sedan counterparts ). Honestly I would like to see a performance crossover segment become more out there.

I don't really give it much though because I'll probably never own one. I've got a comfy 4 door that goes fast, and a truck that goes offroad.
If I ever get married and have kids (>implying) I could see my wife driving one, they're good for stuff like that.

Also props to you for actually being mature on 4chinz

I try. I've been a testy jerkoff since I quit the cigarettes. I usually apologize but its really no excuse. I cant wait for this shit feeling to go away so I can go back to normal. This tempered thing really isn't me.

Please tell me this is a new ironic meme/shitposting

These fucking things are horrid and as stated multiple times ITT are a jack of all trades but master of none

Please confirm this is the new Twingo

>quit the cigarettes
I know that struggle. I moved to Co springs and could barely breathe after walking up a flight of steps. I quit that day.
Best decision I've made, by far.

You save a ton of money, and don't smell like shit all the time. Keep it up man.

At least Twingos are cute. Crossovers are the pigfat Appalachian incest lovechild of SUVs and wagons. Good for spending hubby's yes-dear money on, and hauling around your 2.4 kids around to the grocery store/soccer practice in relative comfort... and not much more.
>your average econobox will get better mileage and has a tighter turn radius
>same for wagons, but with more space
>ditto for hatchbacks if it's a single chick looking for a "cute" A-to-B vehicle
>SUVs can haul trailers better and have better ground clearance due to having a truck frame 9 times out of 10; they travel on unpaved field and gravel better without the gimmicky electronic false-AWD
>minivans have more passenger/cargo space while being comfier
>and I'll bet any one of you, dollars to donuts, that any of those alternate vehicles are safer in front/side/rollover crashes
I wish the marketers hadn't screamed YOU NEED THIS at soccer moms till they believed it.

Good luck on quitting, br/o/s. I believe in you.

Thanks guys. So far I'm 10-11 days in. New years resolutions are things I always keep so here goes nothing.

Rondo isn't a crossover. It's an MPV (euro thing) aka stretched hatch.

Triggered me.

>the board that creams itself over the ecoboost godmachine that conquered lemans and mocks gm for making pigfat shitboxes
>shitbox enthusiast forum.
pick one