Opinion on ricers?

opinion on ricers?

Good rice or bad rice?

Underglow never stopped being cool, and altezza lights never started.

People hate on ricers but at least they have an interest or passion in fucking something other than video games. I would gladly hang with ricers than some idiots that spend $60 week after week on the latest meme video game and have zero interests/passions/hobby

cars are a shitty hobby tho

at least video games have a good bang for the buck

cars are tangible and have heritage. video games are just a temporary form of escapism that never get a person anywhere

you really gonna sit there and tell me playing WoW is more productive than learning to wrench on your own car?

>cars are a shitty hobby
i'm sorry where are we?

>video games are just a temporary form of escapism that never get a person anywhere

>that never get a person anywhere

yeah Im sure theres lets players livestreamers and reviewers laughing at you

>productive

who cares working on a car is what you do when youre too poor to afford a mechanic

only ones i kinda like is the japs stuff

nobody else can get it right

I used to despise ricers with a burning passion.

Now I like them. They're nostalgic and I ironically enjoy them. I can see the appeal. Driving around in 2nd at 40kmh for that sweet, sweet drone in a dropped '96 Civic Si is surprisingly fun even if you are slow as shit.

Found the nu-males.

The thing about 'ricers' is that the #ricelife reinforces many of the natural male and human instincts. It's a form of socializing and also promotes problem solving/critical thinking. Like I said, I would love to hang out with a couple of fucking homos that are in love with their piece of shit civics - because it's infinitely better than listening to some fucking idiots in Mumble for hours arguing over loot from a boss mob in some retarded game they'll quit playing in a month. God, people that play video games are the fucking worst.

They're pretty funny. I don't really know any stereotypical ricers, though. I guess I kind of am one myself. Never mess with the engine because I'm happy with the power it makes for the driving I do. I'm more concerned with making it look nicer and keeping it running as long as possible. It's a mile eater and not a show car or a race car, after all.

>co-worker said I should put red underglow on my car

mite b cool

>tfw came into cars from video games

I still enjoy both hobbies. I stick with single player games, though. Multiplayer games piss me the fuck off.

t. former WoW player

found the retarded manchild who can only communicate through memes and has an irrational hatred for a group of people while making up stupid fantasies

dont you belong on /r9k/

It's obvious bait bro. Nobody on Veeky Forums would actually have that opinion.

>found the retarded manchild who can only communicate through memes and has an irrational hatred for a group of people while making up stupid fantasies
projecting hard there buddy

I agree a little bit; I have a thing for tastefully riced nipboxes

oh look

now hes going to do entry level fallacy meming

:eyeroll

I can't say anything because I have bright red mudflaps

I don't normally toss around the projection card (not a fallacy btw), not even the guy you were originally arguing with I just had to jump in and point it out

go play some League of Legends or rocket league. adults are trying to talk here. go buy some Riot points too while you're at it.

Rice can be done tastefully but never is. The people who do it think they can't afford actual performance upgrades because it would cost more than a single paycheck, so they just make the car LOOK fast instead for cheaper. Such people are not intelligent and have no eye for aesthetics, so the car is butchered.

projection is just a meme you use when youre too stupid to make any decent observation with someone you dont agree with

its an instant red flag that makes you come across as someone who isnt even worth having a conversation with

but hey keep using it

yeah

on Veeky Forums mad over video games

real "adult"

>take good car
>why waste money on shit like performance when i can put EPIKCH BODY KIT XD
>-1 good car

>projection is just a meme
Everything is a meme for you

lookeveryoneimprojecting dot tiff

projection is at this point

its just entry level "Ive been here for a day" shit

just about everything on this shit site is a meme or a buzzword

what the hell happened

i post a thread about ricers and it devolves into this

you need to spend less time on Veeky Forums; go find a hobby that doesn't involve the keyboard

>Ricer in high school
>me and other friends all have old hand me down Hondas
>We all start racing each other, the competition driving us to make our cars faster, with varying degrees of success
>by senior year we were building engines and swapping transmissions and autoXing our shitboxes
>most fun I've ever had with cars was those late nights in our parent's garages building our shitbox D-series single cams

this was a nice read
i'm glad i read this

Much better than ironic stance

every time i see your car im impressed by how well the pizza hut sign fits its lines and aesthetic

cars as hobby is just as shitty as games.
Both times you end up with people who only know how to talk about cars/games
I mean I have a very very wide range of interests but once I got into cars I have found myself wanting to talk bout cars to everyone.