/gowg/ - Gears of War General

Keep Us Alive Or Else Edition
JewIR Packs Gone Soon
December 6th Update: gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-2-december-6th-2016/366859c8-f9ca-4475-90b3-0976acff9676/posts

Available December 6th for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Glory and Speyer will also be introduced into free public playlists on December 13 and Gridlock and Relic will be removed.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/12/01/gears-war-4-december-update/

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (embed) (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (embed) (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Other urls found in this thread:

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/update-on-the-next-title-update-and-other-odds-and-ends/2f70a747-2489-4a26-a58e-92b8c0cde30d/posts?page=1
strawpoll.me/11647983/
strawpoll.me/11647968/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you build it they wont come

Hope we hear about what the new maps will be this week.

bump

Maybe the next update wil give us some more life

Bump

Is it even that big of an update? Biggest news i got out of it was all the new skins.

All i saw so far was the esports stuff.

I just had a dream about playing horde. I was with some randoms but we just happened to get Foundation, so people were automatically setting up to do the glitch, but one guy must have been new because he was fucking things up by moving the barriers and decoys. Then all the enemies glitched out and everyone died and left except me and one other person who turned out to be the snark master.

Reminder that this is the correct ranking of the games from best to worst
3>2>4>1

2's multiplayer at launch killed it for me, i only liked it for the campaign. I'd say it's more 3>4>1>2.

Oogabooga

Yeah the campaign for two is a little underrated I think.

It's probably my second favorite campaign behind 3's.

Three was fun because of four player co-op.

>Play KOTH
>Match up against """eCeleb"""
>Destroy him and his 5 stack 360-0
>Was only playing with another friend
>He was streaming aswell, screaming at his teammates

It feels so great bros!

Oogabooga again

POST ANYTHING FOR GOD'S SAKE

Isn't enough that I told you all about my messed up dream?

Any news on the stuff coming out this week?

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/update-on-the-next-title-update-and-other-odds-and-ends/2f70a747-2489-4a26-a58e-92b8c0cde30d/posts?page=1

I wonder what the thing for season pass holders will be.

Tell me about ALL of your dreams.

>Exclusive access to reduced priced loot boxes.

I doubt it will be something like that, we could hope though.

Where do these random operations packs keep coming from?

TC showing love and appreciation for us true fans who they would never rip off. Never ever

FUUUCK!!!

Hitting level 10 in a Horde class.

I dont know if i'd be all that happy about it being exclusive only to pass holders, sounds like next level jew-jitsu from them.

But at least it gives some actual incentive to pick it up cause right now i feel like i cant even be bothered. Maybe if they tossed in a dozen or so more packs with it.

Daily Horde pack on top of a the bounty.

Weekly Ops Pack

Monthly Elite Pack

30% discount in CR on all packs for the next 12 months since theyre eluding to the idea of a second season pass when they say that it covers 12 months of maps, what happens after that?

Hell, maybe throw in a higher XP and CR earn rate for all modes for SP owners, maybe 20% extra even

I mean i do want to support the series, not these mega-jew practices but the game itself. I wouldnt mind getting the pass if it had all the past benefits plus those ones.

It's 2017 and sub level 50s are still queuing in hardcore horde. Fucking why?

BRAINS

Finally killed the Swarmak. That only took like 2 God damn hours. Only 4 more levels in this hellhole of a fucking game.

On insane? It took me like an hour for hardcore.

Happy New Year to everyone!

We are back in studio as of earlier this week and we have been prepping the next update for Gears of War 4. I just wanted to send off a quick update and let you know that you will be hearing about the new January maps either later this week or early next week. This update is a bit of a big one as it will include a large amount improvements to Gears 4 including quit penalties/bans, spectator mode improvements, a massive drop of new craftable card content which will include lots of new weapon skins and character skins (in the hundreds), bug fixes and more. We will probably coin this as 'Season 2' for Gears of War 4. Bear with us over the next few days while we wrangle the notes together and get some assets prepped for this as well. All will be known very soon!

I also wanted to update everyone on the feedback from the UIR card packs as well. We have a meeting scheduled to discuss the card pack structure so we will see if we can update everyone on potential changes for future card packs. There have been a lot of heads involved in this discussion but we are most definitely looking at improving this experience and once finalized details come back, we will make sure to communicate those over.

Crossplay is also on the discussion and we are hoping to have the final plans on whether crossplay will be staying or alternatives by the end of the month. The feedback over the past few events have been tremendous and the data is something we also want to share with everyone as we think many people would find it insightful.

Guardian spawns is another topic that people keep bringing up and I know Ryan Cleven has been testing some new spawn ideas to fix this issue. They will not be in the next update but depending on the new solution, they could be in something outside of a TU.

I repost this.
You shouldn't electrify Swarmack because it triggers off enemies spawning instead you can just blindfire Lancer. there is an infinite bullet box. you can kill Swarmack about 1300-1500 bullets even without exposing its weakpoints.
Or if you have a dropshot try dropshot headshot against Swarmack. dropshot headshots kill Swarmack, Snatcher and Carrier pretty quickly it's also very important horde tip but little known.

Beat hardcore horde on fallout.
>Reup me and a scout 2 death
>a reup heavy 12 death
>a non-reup level 22 soldier 16 death
Can't believe we didn't fail a single wave.
Also it was the first time for me to see someone died over 10 times. not to mention two persons at once.

Hey thanks for playing!

I wonder how this card pack structure meeting will change things, if at all. Watch them give us fewer cards and raise the cost of them.

King of the Hill causes so much salt, to me as well even

bumped

take care

I just want my heavy at level 10 already.

iktf user

Trying to keep people in a horde is absolute suffering though and I'm not making much progress. Why do sub 40's insist on joining shit they obviously aren't prepared fpr

HEHE

Again

Good morning fellow COG! (Not UIR trash)

Niggerrrrrrrnincompoop

Only like 20 hordes for all that xp

Update when?

Greatest livestream moment of 2016

>just finished the game
>Reyna gives Kait her necklace
>"It belonged to my grandmother. I never knew her."
>Locust insignia
WHAT THE FUUUUUCK. That was a twist I never saw coming. Are they saying that Kait's grandmother was the Myrrah?

No.
I mean yes.

>credits
>art and animation are all Chinese
So did they outsource or is Canada being China 2/0 not a meme?

>Oscar's still alive
I knew they wouldn't kill him. He's too funny to die that quickly. I could really give a shit about Reyna. You spent 2 cutscenes and a level to get to know her and she was a hypercunt every second of it. That ending was not sad at all even though gf was crying without even knowing what was going on. Called it that they were making her the queen too when Marcus said she wasn't in a pod.

>18 hours 40 minutes
Fuck, that was a bitch and a half. At least it gave me my achievements though. I had to beat Gears 3 like 3 God damn times to get my Insane achievements.

Yeah, and Kait would be such a boring as fuck queen. Neither of them can compare to Myrrah in terms of personality and backstory.

BLAGH

I dont think he's the best Dizzy replacement, and it's kind of clear he was intended to be the new comic relief style character.

Ain't no one gonna replace Dizzy.

So what event does /gowg/ have planned this weekend?

Ark. Probably some Diablo. Maybe Horde.

>This and then a DOTD Oscar drop straight after
Oh boy free scrap!

ded thred
ded game

come back to /hg/ at anytime

Seems like i only ever get one legendary per 40 or so packs.

To what?

For the queen!

I was really hoping for info on the new maps before the weekend.

Same.
That and I keep getting characters that I already crafted.

>sub level 50s

What does this even mean? I'm level 62 and I suck ass at this game.

No one chokes more than me.

I've even seen reups that dont know how to play horde well.

Kind of early in the month for the new map info, though that would be ideal i think.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Public Horde in a nutshell.

Thread reup

strawpoll.me/11647983/
strawpoll.me/11647968/
Do you think they will bring back old maps for this month?

>4 manning Horde
Dear god. At least it's a small map

>symbol that is on everything Locust

too bad they never bothered to give Myrrah any sort of prominent trinket to identify her. It could be hers, or it could literally be something off a dead Locust that her mom found and kept.

also what's the timeframe for Gears 4 again? Myrrah could've been Reyna's MOTHER, she's a little too recent for grandmother.

Some italians are a bit tryhard with wallbouncing

Isnt it always good to bounce instead of walk?

why does tc support brain tumors?

Is GoWG going to get together to play horde this weekend, or are we all just going to post here about how terrible randoms are?

i'll play a private gowg versus but horde is negative fun for me now

I prefer Reyna vintage

QUICK WHATS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER SKIN/WEAPON SKIN PAIRING

UIR elite with UIR elite.