/mcg/ - Minecraft General : Construction Edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/natures-compass
bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-107982?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5m43xk/i_am_reika_developer_of_a_number_of_large_mc_mods/
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291128-custom-ore-generation-first-revival
reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5marat/announcement_im_quitting_minecraft_and_no_longer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hi

second for dead game

Just posting this early in case anyone doesn't know about it.
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/natures-compass
Despite only looking for the closest biome to your position (so if you find a shit one, well tough luck), it's fucking great.

>minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/natures-compass

I needed this, thank you fair user

Big fat sack of weed to smoke while I crawl around underground lookin for shinies.

botania

DELETE THIS

Why did the author of immersive engineering choose to make his mod so piss weak when compared to other energy generation mods?

A water wheel or windmill takes a lot more time and parts to build compared to a build craft engine or thermal expansion dynamo and wont even flow enough power per tick to run a pulveriser and red stone furnace together on MW wire.

A redstone engine which is basically no effort free energy will fucking run them...

"muh immersion".

apparently his idea of immersion is doing tons of work with no payout. time to try to change config settings.

>diesel engines put out a whopping 4096RF/t
>weak
Nope.
>using wind or hydro
Get a haircut, hippie.

It's not his power generation items that are the problem. Windmills and water wheels make enough power. It's the fact that LV and MW wires wont flow enough RF per tick to power anything good.

Honestly imo the other mods have become victims of power creep, where they are always over simplifying things and raising the power floor and even scaling into absurd amounts that you'll never need. Like look at vanilla, setting up automation and redstone is no task to take lightly, it takes actual effort and can be very rewarding. Most mods now days? Just harvest a little gold and iron and you've permanently doubled your ingot output with little to no effort.

I'll agree some things immersive engineering are dumbly underpowered like the expensive as all hell guns that are weaker than easier to produce vanilla bows. I think the rest of the mod is more in line and appropriately balanced for what it actually does - it's just other mods have gone full retard mawpc and just make IE look like it's week as hell. You should have to work for your ore doubling and free cooking, not just have to given to you out the door.

NO GUIS???

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How much longer do you think Minecraft will last before it's a shambling corpse with a dead community?

as long as letsplayers and little kids keep playing it? it'll be a while. Eventually some new game will come out that's "the best thing ever!" and little kids will flock to it.

Alternate ending: about six or seven years when the kids grow up and dont want to play it anymore, there'll be a lapse then the game will go f2p and be full of shitters again

best ending: modders keep the game alive and mojang puts out proper modding api.

>best ending: modders keep the game alive and mojang puts out proper modding api.
I think you mean 'blindly hopeful' ending.

It fucking hurts, but yeah that's probably a better name for it. Hopefully the w10 version will get something like it though if they realize that people are still gonna stick with the java version for mod support.

>proper mod api never
>short startup times and good performance never
>non cancerous modding community never
>minecraft will never be what it could be
>will probably die before anything like that happens

at least there will always be memes.

>brown bricks

Anyone ever have any scary moments in minecraft (probably when you were new to the game) ?

>just started playing
>mining in caves
>hear a noise
>look into the darkness
>TWANG! arrow to the face
>turn around to get out of there to see a surprise creeper

then i got gud and started torching the shit out of places

Three water wheels connected to a dynamo (the maximum it supports) at maximum efficiency provide about 72 RF/t, that's almost a TE dynamo running for free forever.

Face it nerds. Trains suck, 1.11.2 is amazing. KYS.

How many times have idiots asked this question?

Over 9000!!!!! Times?

When will they fix bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-107982?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"

It has been 2 bloody updates since TNT cannons worked.

fixed in 1.7.10 :^)

Expect it to stay that way and being eventually considered a feature

i miss actually feeling anything from the game from when it was all new, exciting and scary

Back in like alpha I had a bucket of lava and wanted to put it in a chest. Well that didn't work out too well as it placed lava on the chest.
I freaked out and before I could figure something out in panic mode, the slowly flowing lava killed me.
In the end I only lost half my inventory but I was damn careful about buckets of lava after that.

R.I.P TNT cannons then i suppose...

OH look Mojang breaks yet another interesting quirk of gameplay with their updates.
as said, expect it to become a 'feature' just like mobs floating and being desynced.

4u

I dream of minecraft pls help

Engage in an equally addicting behavior or hobby.

So what biome gen is good to use? I want to try something else besides BOP

>something else besides BOP
Oh boy are you in for some disappointment.

vanilla RTG

stupid question probably

where the hell is set spawn point in the new MCEdit? I'm using 2.0.0 Beta6 and cannot find shit.

pls hlp

RTG plus ExtraBiomes XL

is there a way to sculpt a world then let oregen put ore into the rocks?

Maybe you can do a custom world with oregen and strata up to some height like 50 and then use worldpainter to sculpt the world to finally cut the +50y blocks and place it on top of the custom oregen mod? Im not sure and there may be a more easy way to do so.

why isnt there a mod that makes ore gen more realistic?
i wanna travel to different biomes to locate bigger veins of ores instead of strip mining all day erry day

GregTech :^)

>1.7.10
kys

Why not just kill the bat man?

no u

cofh core i believe can retrogen ores into a world

I'll take a look, thanks
alrighty

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5m43xk/i_am_reika_developer_of_a_number_of_large_mc_mods/

>When your ego needs to be inflated more

>minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1291128-custom-ore-generation-first-revival

default configurations are good enough, have fun

>No idea what mcg is, but this does not surprise me. My thoughts on this - if expressed candidly and in full - would likely get my comment removed, but I will say that there is a great deal of irony in their fascination with it, and there is a statistically significant overlap between this group and those who hypocritically obsess over things like cartoons, often in a similar manner.
Where were you when mcg got roasted?

It's funny because he's right and the average shit poster that jumps on his dick are dumb as bricks.

>/mcg/ says you're a furry
Whichever one of you catty shit-stirring faggots that was needs to kill themselves asap.

For your own sake. Just let go.

Any reason why the shaders core for 1.7 would cause a really huge hit to fps? And I dont mean your standerd chop your fps in half because of a shader I mean literal 1-2fps just with shader core and no shaders running even in the main menu.

Also half of my screen is not where its supposed to be if i even attempt to use a shader in game

Get better shaders
Use shaders that work with your hardware

> ReikaKalseki RotaryCraft/ChromatiCraft dev[S] 3 points 6 hours ago*

Two reasons. One is that I was raised by an extremely repressive parent (the other is a doormat) who as it is had a massive dislike of gaming; I was banned from playing any non-computer games ever, and on PC was only allowed "educational" games ("Reading Rabbit", "Math Journey") until I turned 18 or so. A game with "biological combat" would have been easily the most incendiary of all types of games to both get me in trouble and likely see me permanently banned from using a computer at all. As a result, even now I cannot help but feel...wrong just seeing something like that, let alone playing it. Think of a person raised in such an environment having anxieties related to...other activities.

Explains quite a lot desu

But its the shaders core itself not the individual shaders. Im assuming its a drivers issue

>I was banned from playing any non-computer games ever, and on PC was only allowed "educational" games ("Reading Rabbit", "Math Journey") until I turned 18 or so

Sounds like some delusion he tells himself so he has a reason to whore for attention

he's a furfaggot, what do you expect?

>I will open by saying that I am not really convinced that 1.10 - or anything else - is a true "standard". Popular, sure, but depending on how you define standard, 1.7.10 still wins (especially on metrics like mod diversity).
wtf I love reika now

go to bed reika

He may be a furfag and is the modder most likely to have actual autism, but he makes good points from time to time.

And a broken clock is right twice a day.

Reminder to use Wallpapercraft, it has the exact colour you want in not only recolours of bricks and wood plus it has unique patterns for like a hundred different colour tone.

reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/comments/5marat/announcement_im_quitting_minecraft_and_no_longer/

another dev leaving the community

dead game is dead, I'm telling you guys

>modpack makers being the same as mod makers
that's like saying that cooks are leaving the community because a waitress quit

He was a modpack dev you dumb fuck which are not that important.

>modpack maker
wew lad, what a loss

>modpack dev
>author of such memorable packs as Abridged, Unabridged and Pioneers
>all with kitchen-sink modlists
what a tragedy.

How do I get my version of Amidst to work with Climate Control?
When I load up a seed it's not the 'same' as what's depicted on my amidst map.

Biome Bundle

I'm surprised how many people use BoP. I tried it and then saw EBXL and was more impressed by it. I even tried mixing the two without starting a new world. I should do that and see if it meshes well. Any other biome mods?

More like the guy who designed the restaurant's menu quit.

>tfw techguns 16x textures never
>new trainman guide update never
>castlefag quest publish never
>will never publish the quest maps I did
Do people in /mcg/ like to abandon their promises?

The ded can't live up to expectations

deep

What's your opinion of pocket edition?

But seriously I need those 16x textures.

did you change your CC settings? forgeamidst keeps its own copy of the CC configs in its own folder, you have to change both manually or delete the forgeamidst ones and let it copy the edited CC ones

Name my minecraft account world /mcg/

Garbage.

would anyone know what's causing these invisible walls?

Any serbs active?

It's usually an issue with your graphics card's global settings. I can't remember which setting in particular, though. Triple Buffering, probably.

should it be on or off?

also it turns out it was optifine causing the issue, so removing fixed it

Off, if I remember right.

How does one git gud at aesthetic building and design, Anons?

Or is that why the majority of you play tech packs?

There's a fucking server list in the thread resources, you stupid shit.

Triple buffer is vSync isn't it? Why would that cause invisible walls?

no shit but that doesnt tell me which ones are active ya cunt

No idea, it just does when it comes to OptiFine.

Do you know what goes well between some snowy cold biomes?
A F U C K I N G D E S E R T

Yeah it does. There are columns above most of the servers that say when the last edit date was.

Learn to feed yourself, little piss babby.

>browsing internet and fiddling with computer settings
>randomly start hearing "you've gone too far'
>it keeps playing over and over
>look at my browser tabs, none are playing sound
>close my settings menu i had open to see if it stops
>it doesnt
>getting real spookd
>realize I still had minecraft open
>alt tab back to this freak and realize it was the one talking

No it doesnt you fucking cunt it could have been updated 3 seconds ago that doesnt mean it has players

irony: the atacama desert is fucking cold.
more irony: the majority of antarctica is considered a desert.

My desert it kinda looks like it but the problem is that mine looks like a saharan desert, maybe if I make it look like mesa with red sand it might look better.
>Antartica is considered a desert
I think its called tundra which is basically a desert with snow.

>EBXL tundras have both desert and snowy tags
>this means endless waves of bird cloacas, cocks and hot monkey dicks going after you if you have GoG