Why did the Europeans chimp out in the New World?

Why did the Europeans chimp out in the New World?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta
medievalpoc.tumblr.com/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_genetics
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

one thread wasn't enough?

>implying you'd rather have man-sacrificing aztecishits ruling you than the great holy spanish empire.

Spanish aren't really whites.

Except they literally invented the concept of a white race.

Source ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casta

>owned by moors for centuries
>white

pick 1

OP didn't say white

There would be no concept of a white race without them to start with.

He said Europeans while Spanish have more Arab blood than European blood.

Are you saying Spanish aren't European?

>Spanish have more Arab blood than European blood

[citation needed]

Even Morocco doesn't have much Arab blood, they're mostly Berbers.

>Being THIS stupid

>A bunch of men from a highly strict religious land full of war, poverty and famine, led loose 5000 miles away in a land full of heathens with nobody watching them
It's the same story wherever Europeans went, but also the same reasons can explain the Japanese actions in China or Mongols in Europe, etc.

Humans are basically evil and as soon as we're free of social responsibility we become megacunts.

Christians, particularly Catholics, have a murderous rage against paganism for some reason.
To be fair though, the Aztecs were pretty goddamn horrific as well. The history of the New World in mesoamerica is one of mutually bloodthirsty parties.

No. Humans= nice dumbass

Don't talk shit about Aztecs if you can't BACK IT UP BITCH. Those are my PEOPLE

>Those are my PEOPLE

My condolences

Humans being nice is rare.

The whole human sacrifice thing isn't bad enough? How about Montezuma essentially running a police state, oppressing the local tribes and taxing them in human victims?

You would act completely the same in their situation.

Fuck off pilgrim your morality is subjective

>Spaniards
>Pilgrims

Culturally confused Chicano detected

All morality is.

The Anglos conquered with guns.
The spaniards conquered with their dick and balls.

>natives were horrible savages cutting hearts out and worshipping actual
demons
>hurr whitey chimped out

No you faggot

El chicano seniores

your PEOPLE are fucking blood-thirsty savage apes

A lot of tribes joined the Spanish, since they hated the Aztecs who were fucking psychos.

HOL UP

*SMACKS CASTENETS PROFUSELY*

HOL UP CABRON IS YOU SAYIN WE IS KINGQUISTADORS N SHIIIEEEEET

Not even that guy, Spaniards are literally worse than Nigger's. Their "empire" was pleb teir, they failed at conquest, they lost to the fucking britcucks, they didn't add anything of value to the modern world.

How the fuck did we "chimp out"?

We discovered a new land and fought the native hordes to claim it as our own.

We CONQUERED. You fucking uncultured swine.

*teleports behind you*
*slaughters your entire people*
Veni, Vidi, Vici kid...

>we
You mean
>they
You didn't do shit

because their gods: gold and silver.

No I mean we, because I'm European. I belong to the same racial group.

>massacring and enslaving entire native populations is just noble conquest
>"european racial group"

>Spain
>white

>european
>racial group

>Europe
>A single ethnic group
Found the /pol/fag

CHI

Spaniards were degenerates and brought their degenerate hispanic culture to Indians.

>Asians, Africans and Natives of America and Australia should be proud of their race, selected through thousands of years of isolation
>There is no such thing as Europeans lol, they might share traits not found in any other continent's natives and be genetically very close but Europe has always be multicultural lol

>Europe has always be multicultural lol
'Europe' hasn't existed for very long. There's no such thing as a single asian racial group or a single african racial group either.

Europe is not some monolithic entity you fucking dipshit, neither is "Asia" or "Africa." Each of those continents encompass several nations and ethnic groups. Normally they teach you this in like 3rd grade but I'm not surprised you fucking American retards can't grasp simple civics

Blood and silver man, come on. Have you never heard the expression (from Spanish) "blood or silver?" It means basically either you accept a bribe or you die.

Cortez developed a God complex and believed he was mandated to destroy the Aztecs.

The Spanish government actually wanted none of that crap and sent a governor from the Caribbean to stop Cortez. Ultimately Cortez prevailed and took advantage of all the native tribes the Aztecs had pissed off.

Ultimately no one "chimped out" more than the other side. The fact people think there are still good guys in history is proof that there is a propaganda effort in our schools.

ACKSHUALLY alt-right beliefs do not adopt the notion that Europe is a single ethnic entity hence their hatred of the EU. You typically see people refer to Europe as a whole due to the dying ethnic boundaries in Europe allegedly caused in part by the fact the number of non-European migrants (people part of ethnic groups that hail from other continents) has increased to an uncomfortable level for some.

t. doubles advocate

Its "silver or lead"

medievalpoc.tumblr.com/

This was a good show. I'm trying to find the OST for it though and have no luck.

>iron maiden
>real
>not an enlightenment era tourists attraction

Meanwhile Aztecs actually did engage in industrialized mass human sacrifice and piss off their hegemons so much with their cruelty that they were willing to team up with the closest thing this world has ever known to alien invaders in order to overthrow them.

>go on medievalpoc
>most of the stuff isn't even medieval

You say that as though their enemies didn't do the same. That wasn't what pissed them off, what pissed them off was the heavy tribute system which put a burden on the local economy. Ironically, the Spaniards would later impose another tribute and tax system and it's no wonder there were many rebellions of people conquered by both the Aztec and Spaniards.

literally we wuzkangz: the tumblr

>You say that as though their enemies didn't do the same.

Not even remotely the same scale.

It was still part of an ideology shared by many in the region. So human sacrifice rituals and skinning already dead corpses and wearing them wouldn't be seen as morally shocking or even wrong in a Mesoamerican worldview. Of course there were exceptions, and probably ideologies which opposed it, Quetzalcoatl and Nezahualcoyotl give hints. Seeing it done on the scale of the Aztecs was just a show of power really. Even the Aztecs themselves in their own written documents inflate the numbers they did to sound more powerful. The spaniards and the people and animals they brought, though strange and otherworldy, were ultimately understood as just another people who they could use to help them beat their traditional enemies. As the scholar John Pohl states, it was more of an uprising against the Triple Alliance, and the Spaniards were at the helm of it.

Wow! It's almost as if the world isn't black and white and EVERY human civilization has been a shitshow!

Except for pre-colonial subsaharan Africa and their space lasers and flying pyramids!

>"One certain spot in this township I never shall forget, situated near the temple. Here a vast number of human skulls were piled up in the best order imaginable,—there must have been more than 100,000; I repeat, more than 100,000. In like manner you saw the remaining human bones piled up in order in another corner of the square; these it would have been impossible to count. Besides these, there were human heads hanging suspended from beams on both sides. Three papas stood sentinel on this place of skulls, for which purpose, it was told us, they were particularly appointed. Similar horrible sights we saw towards the interior of the country in every township, and even in Tlascalla."

- Bernal Diaz del Castillo, True History of the Conquest of the New Spain Chapter LXI

Yes there are many ethnicities within those continents, in the modern meaning race is more akin to ethnic macrogroup, the ethnicities on each continent are genetically very close and even a toddler is able to identify an european, an asian and an african (and there have been tests), whereas the specific ethnic groups within those are too blurred together to identify for most people. You can't possibly believe the indoctrination over your eyes.

People being aware of the existence of other races and occasionally depicting them in art doesn't mean there are no native Europeans.
Also first post is from the 18 hundreds, second is from the godawful bbc pandering show where Margaret of Anjou (which was described and depicted as pale and with blonde hair) is turned into a black warrior princess, the third is rehenactors and the fourth is a tan caucasian. Really makes you think.

"Africa begins at the Pyrenees" - Dumas

Before people take this at face value, Dumas was being provocative/satirizing spain's isolation.

>Why did the Europeans chimp out in the New World?

Allow me to give you a bias-filled unrelated analogy:
>Be manchild
>Head to your local Games Workshop store to get your hands on the new Ultramarine models
>Accidentally meet (read: bump into) some cute chick
>She says "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't see you there"
>Respond with "Do you have Battletoads?"
>Suddenly realize what I said
>Begin crying
>Girl backs away
>"No wait I swear I'm normal!"
>Forget again to shut my fucking mouth
>The chick decides it's safer to run away
>tfw I literally did Antiochus III's classic mistake of not doing a single intelligent thing

And this is how an accidental discovery of a new continent while trying to find a westward route for Asia went downhill. Tru story.

>birthed some of the most vibrant cultures on earth as well as the strongest military power of all times
>introduced modern medicine and education to the human sacrificing stone age natives
>secured europe as the main cultural influence on mankind over china or the ottomans
>went downhill
okay

>most vibrant cultures on earth
subjective
>strongest military power of all times
ok I agree there.
>introduced modern medicine and education to the human sacrificing stone age natives
Not exactly. Medicinal knowledge was pretty vast in Mesoamerica, Cortes himself admitted they were superior there and there was no need to send physicians to New Spain. And scientists continue to try to learn how to use medicines which Amazonian people have knowledge of. Education was more egalitarian in Tenochtitlan than in Europe at the time.
>secured europe as the main cultural influence on mankind over china or the ottomans
Which one would be better is highly speculative.
>went downhill
Yes they did. Thousands of years of human development ruined. Probably the greatest tragedy in human history next to the fall of Ancient Egypts civilization and the Bronze Age collapse.

>Studying the chemical qualities of plants and animals from the amazons is the same as tribal people using herbal remedies
>being more egalitarian is preferable to being more advanced
>Which one would be better is highly speculative.
If you're muslim or sinocentrist, sure. But regardless the point being made is that it went very uphill for western europe.
>breaking isolation and sharing in the technology and culture of the rest of the world is a loss and "ruins" your beautiful isolated development, consisting of using obsidian shards analogous to those of cavemen in the old world to carve out still-beating human hearts on an industrial scale for no reason
ok

If you didn't notice, I wasn't being serious. I think they call it "memeing" here, or maybe shitposting, but I'm not fully sure since I'm a newmember :^)

Okay if you want a serious answer, the "things went downhill" part was referring to OP's "chimp out" part. To explain you a bit better, I was responding, in a non-serious way, to OP's question regarding the first contact between europeans and native indios and the subsequent events that followed, in which things did go downhill for the natives at least, even though things went uphill for the future western culture that would later result.

I'll have to take his side on the "cultural influence" part here. I'd rather pretend to be licking America's ass despite """""hating""""" this country for several reasons than being forced to love gook commies or middle eastern fanatics. And it's not really about speculation (which implies that we can speculate that one culture being better is a fact), it's more about subjectivity, in which I say that among these three options I'd rather stay in the western culture option. Anything else I agree with you.

I think he mean "egalitarian among its social classes". Education can be advanced while being equally given to all the strata of a nation's social fabric.

The Spaniards didnt use the term White, and the link you posted literally explains it.

pure-berber-arab-spaniard.

in-reality-these-are-spaniards.

these-are-moors.

I wish I had a Berber qt.

because the New World was basically just a giant chimpout anyways.

When in Rome.

Aztec aesthetics look sexy AF.

agreed

I don't see a difference.

>Wow! It's almost as if the world isn't black and white and EVERY human civilization has been a shitshow

Funny how people on here only ever use this card whenever someone points out the not so great features of europeans/whites.

he says as he tries to downplay the fact that Aztecs LITERALLY sacrificed thousands of people every week

No, Pablo. The Mayans are your people. The Aztecs were just as foreign to modern-day Mexico as the Spanish.

That's an exaggeration. It was more likely thousands a year. I think 2-4 thousand was the estimates, I read.

>WE WUZ EUROPEANS N SHIT

found the /pol/fag

They chimped out in Africa and Asia too.

Different clothes.

Well, here en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massacre_in_the_Great_Temple

Basically the Spanish leadership went to fight the Spanish police who came to arrest them while the rest of the Spaniards murdered every man, woman, and child they could get their swords in during a dance-off festival.

Fighting cops, killing kids, disrupting festivities with murder. That's about as "chimp out" as it gets.

Wow why attack innocents?

>Bronze Age collapse
>tragedy
Pick on. Palace societies were absolute shit, and their collapse was better for everyone in the long run.

>Spain invented racism
>He thinks that's a good thing

>European racial group.

Which one?

R and L haplogroups, with finngolians being honorary euros.
It's not like europe is one of the least genetically diverse places and with the most phenotypically recognizable people.
Alternate answer: the one with the lactose tolerant mutation and light skin.

>L
Meant I of course

Ah Yes, the French nigger

Ladies and gentlemen, the power of /pol/ denial

Look at this and then look at other maps of old europe and tell me again how Europeans are "one race".

Also race is literally a social construct. Blacks and in the US can arguably be considered "white" as they have been assimilated into "white" culture.

Ask britfags. They basically genocided northamerica.

At least, spanifags were way better in terms of generousity and integration of indians in their colonies.

Are you joking? Having different city states doesn't mean every city is it's own race, travelling across europe was even required for craftsmen at the time, the culture and value system was roughly the same all across too.
>phenotypes are a social construct
>predisposition or resistance to diseases is a social construct
>tolerance to certain foods is a social construct
You are delusional en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_genetics
>Blacks and in the US can arguably be considered "white" as they have been assimilated into "white" culture.
lol no they believe whites have no culture
And even if all blacks fully assimilated they would still carry the features of western african natives with all that it entails.

After expelling da joos, did they come up with a new school of economy/finance, in order to better utilize of how much gold and silver they had? I find it hard to imagine otherwise.

>thinks because brown people owned part of a country that all their subjects lost their ethnicity

Fucking brilliant