2020 Ford Bronco announced

>2020 Ford Bronco announced
>Almost certainly based on the aussie Ford Everest (Ranger platform)
>No 2 door option

Just fuck my brand up, senpai.

Other urls found in this thread:

hmmwv-official.com/models/v1-gorilla-2016
thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/everything-reported-ford-bronco-yesterday-probably-wrong/
foxnews.com/auto/2016/12/09/report-chevrolet-blazer-to-return-in-2018.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>This will never become a reality

:'-(

>tfw 2 door SUVs or even crossovers never again
pls
make it stop

The designer did an AMA on Reddit and I was sad to know this.

Damn that's sexy

Wrangler is always here for you user

Completely disappointing. I was all ready to buy one of these had it panned out.

Here I was thinking real rough & tumble SUVs were making a comeback & the market was doing a full circle ready to uncuck themselves. Nope. Only hope now is the new Wrangler/truck.

>Just remember the good ol days

Fuuuuuck. I promised myself I wouldn't cry.

>inb4 next generation of wranglers only available in 4 door

>all the impractical width and giant brick fuel economy of a four door SUV with less cargo space
What's so great about this other than nostalgia for a passed trend? Why not simply drive a Suburban if you want to average 11 mpg?

>almost certainly
Ford would be dumb to just slap a badge on a restyled Everest. It would step on the toes of both the Explorer and Expedition, not to mention people who already will pay up for a luxury trim F-150 CCSB that never use the bed.

"real" 2 door is deader than single cab pickups, but making the Nu-Bronco an actual 4 door F-150 with no bed would sell.

I had hoped the ranger would stay dead, making an excuse that small pickups sell because of the Tacoma is idiotic. So is GM's teased Hummer re-launch with a Colorado based Wrangler fighter.

>4 door dime a dozen mid sized crossover
>Non removable top
>Literally taking away everything that made Bronco desirable
>Would sell

Yeah, no.

So, a Durango?

>Pretending short wheel base trucks & SUVs aren't in demand

Some people don't enjoy driving bloated whales, user.

No excuses for the old trucks, but the 2.7 F-150 and Ecodiesel Ram are averaging roughly 20 and 25 mpg on fuelly. 2.7 should go up even more when they all get the 10 speed.

My pitch was to just cut the bed off the CCSB F-150 and put the body on a smaller wheelbase. Many who buy the 5.5 foot bed almost never use it.
Not to rebadge the Everest, while still a BOF suv, would overlap too much with pre-existing cars.
>removable top
Absolutely impossible unless you design an entire passenger compartment roll cage like the JK Unlimited.
>taking away everything that made the Bronco desirable
You mean just the badge and the styling?

>Listing the ranger platform as a negative
Nigger fuck off, they're extremely good.

mpg majority on highway on fuelly*

Are you fucking kidding?

It's going to be based on the Ranger/Everest.

You know, ladder chassis, 4x4 with low/high range transfer case, locking diffs, hill descent/ascent, still available with a manual?

Looks like a god damn Traverse. You know, the one my wife drives around our 3 kids in.

Here's hoping for a 3rd row option for us dickless cucked hubbies!

Excellent, a domestic FJ Cruiser nostalgiafest that will be too expensive when cross-shopped with any old F-150.

Doesn't matter what it looks like faggot, it's designed to do this.

The amount of morons in this thread who don't know what the ranger is for it hilarious. It's almost the same size as an F150, has a full chassis with multiple cab/bed options, a proper transfer case and 4x4 system with locking diffs and the option to have it with a 6-speed manual.
From the factory they have over 30 inches of fording depth and a 7700lbs towing capacity.

But the two door full size SUVs were exactly the same width and height as the four door SUVs and pickup trucks, only shorter.

Wow. It went over a puddle.

I want nu males to leave.

They're a fair bit bigger than previous generations of Ranger, but the F150 is still significantly bigger (itself being a fair bit bigger than previous generations of F-truck).
They are the duck's nuts though.
After you, armchair offroader.

>stating 2 door SUVs don't exist anymore
Hi.

Crossovers need not apply.

>transverse unibody
thinking emoji.tiff

Does GM even own the Hummer name? I thought they didn't.

>Literally crossover faggot shit
>Calls it an SUV

You guys are the reason we're not getting a real Bronco & comfy scenes like this disappeared from America.

what if it looked like this?

Needs to be less pigfat

from what ive read, the ranger is near the end of it's production cycle. and supposedly the ranger will be unchanged from the current EU version, albeit with minor styling differences.

I read somewhere that basically, this means that Ford is doing it as an experiment. just bring over the current ranger, and bring over a rebadged Everest and see if it sells. if it does, then they keep it and maybe in the future, the Bronco will develop it's own identity.

if it fails, they just can it at no extra cost to them.

>So is GM's teased Hummer re-launch with a Colorado based Wrangler fighter.

you what? GM teased a Hummer revival? got sauce?

Hummer is in the same bin as Pontiac.

They tried to sell it to some chinese company, but the sale failed, so they just axed Hummer like they Axed Pontiac.

So technically they could still bring back the hummer.

Who knows, if Trump deregulates the auto industry, it's even conceivable that they might partner with AM general again and bring back the real Hummer. After all, AM General actually does sell a civilian Humvee called the Gorilla

hmmwv-official.com/models/v1-gorilla-2016

which is not available in the US, for obvious reasons.

I honestly think the Everest should be the new Explorer. An SUV based on a Ranger makes more sense than that Taurus wagon thing...

Why can't Ford recreate the magic it had with the second gen explorer?

It think you don't know what a ranger is for either.

It's a pickup. You throw things in the back, move it from A to B and throw things out.

The whole offloading thing is circumstantial and if you buy a ranger solely for off roading and never use the bed then you would have been better off with an SUV

>
The whole offloading thing is circumstantial and if you buy a ranger solely for off roading and never use the bed then you would have been better off with an SUV
I'd argue that. With the pickup you have better clearance, different body options and a hell of a lot more cargo capacity that's priceless when it comes to overlanding vehicles. Crewcab pickups are just about the best body configuration for a recreational vehicle.

Fucking green text failure.

>Better clearance

Body style does not dictate that. The Toyota fortuner is basically a wagon hilux on coils with a slightly shorter tail and more comfy features but it is actually a better off roader in stock form.

Toyota Land cruiser 70pickups and wagons have nearly no difference except again that the rear over hang on wagons is shorter

>Over landing

Sure you are correct. But still the reason for a pickup is to put stuff in it. Not offloading. If you don't need to put stuff in it the necessity for the bed is non-existant.

The ranger is for carrying stuff. Off-road capability is just a plus.

They got guys in 4x2 trucks (actual truck trucks) all over the world that go harder off-road than most 4x4 rangers ever see

>Body style does not dictate that.
Nonsense. Having a flatbed or trade type body makes a substantial difference in terms of clearance. The whole reason rear quarter chops are common with SUVs.
>The ranger is for carrying stuff. Off-road capability is just a plus.
While it may have been originally the case, there's a whole other market for the last few decades that buy these midsize 4x4 Pickups purely for recreational purposes. It's not up to the arbitrary qualifier of some user as to what a vehicle can be used for practically.
>They got guys in 4x2 trucks (actual truck trucks) all over the world that go harder off-road than most 4x4 rangers ever see
[citation needed]

>Ranger comes with flatbed or trade type body

Oh ok

>Whole other market

A lawn mower is for mowing lawns but if some plebs buy the ride on mowers with cupholders and drive those around like personal mobility vehicles does it mean it's not really for mowing lawns?

>Citation needed

On a phone but look up any 3rd world trucking and you'd see what kind of mud slinging you can do in a 2wd Bedford cabover dump truck.

Our landfill turns into a mud pit when it rains and 8ton and up trucks are in and out there all day long

>Ranger comes with flatbed or trade type body
Are you implying they don't?
>A lawn mower is for mowing lawns but if some plebs buy the ride on mowers with cupholders and drive those around like personal mobility vehicles does it mean it's not really for mowing lawns?
That analogy would ring true if said personal mobility device didn't meet the objective of personal transport.
>On a phone but look up any 3rd world trucking and you'd see what kind of mud slinging you can do in a 2wd Bedford cabover dump truck.
While there's a lot of 2wd vehicles getting the job done, that's not a citation for your claim.
>Our landfill turns into a mud pit when it rains and 8ton and up trucks are in and out there all day long
Irrelevant. There's a hell of a lot of muddy terrains that impede on traction without nesecarilly being boggy, and being a landfill I'm willing to bet under the the shallow muddy surface the ground is rock hard. I'm sure you have to do a hell of a lot of clean up once it dries out, which is the problem of 2wd trucks "that go harder off-road than most 4x4" out in the forrest. They not only fuck their own vehicles having to drive in such a way, but also fuck the tracks for everyone else, whether or not they can get through.

If it's any consolation, the Australian ranger is fucking amazing off road, and has been really well done. At least it will be one of the few well-engineered Fords.

>low profile tires in a suv

whorecar

ummm what about the ZDX or the X6? hello

Well. Looks like I will be keeping this one after all. Fucking garbage new cars.

>implying that trying to hide the second set of doors and marketing it as a coupe isn't even worse than four regular doors
daily reminder
if it's got 4 doors it's not a goddamn coupe
fucking germans

theres this but it's ugly af

and this ISIS car but not avaliable in US

discontinued in the US, because people don't buy 3 doors anymore.

I TOLD YALL NIGGAS MONTHS AGO AND THEY DOUBTED IT

it looks like a mid-2000s Toyota Highlander.

Underneath, it's more similar to the newer 4runner and Prado over the Highlander

>ugly af

DELET THIS

dont worry about him he cant see that Suzuki makes the cutest cars

heres another 2dr Suzuki SUV desu

What was nissan even trying to do with thing?

I've only seen two and they were both that same color. It looks bizzare IRL. I feel like someone pitched the design for a bet or something.

Perhaps the beancounters didn't let them release a factory donk trim like they originally wanted to

Do you Ford niggers really want a new Bronco?

Because i'm pretty sure it's going to come with electronic everything and a elaborated engine all of which will be falling to pieces in a few decades time.

Think Range Rovers. That's what I'd expect.

Damn my dad was planning on getting one based on the concepts lol he's gonna be pissed.

The new ranger is pretty big compared to the hankmobile.

Is that you OJ? How was prison?

X-90s are so fucking amazing.

See

thetruthaboutcars.com/2017/01/everything-reported-ford-bronco-yesterday-probably-wrong/

TTAC is reporting that the bronco will not just be a rebadged everest and will be competing with the Wrangler, not the 4runner.

Never.

Only time I ever saw one was at Infiniti technical training, it was a classroom car. Apparently the convertible top is plagued with issues. Instructors didn't want us fucking with it.

what current Ford platform would you base the Bronco on, Veeky Forums?

check yoself MrGreenMan

I still stand by my domestic, nostalgic FJ prediction,

>Glass Drivetrain
>100% plastic interior
>Garbage warranty that will never be honored once its off the lot
>No options without spending more than 40k

I don't fucking think so.

>caring about fuel economy
Sucks being poor.

You completely missed the context of that conversation.
You'll be happy to know the global Ford Rangers are incredibly well built, and don't just fall apart after a decade like a Land Rover. Their build quality is on par with their Japanese midsize pickup competitors.

Fuel economy in a 4x4 is of a concern if your idea of offroading is something more than going for an afternoon drive finding some obstacles to park on for some fully sick flex photos. If you're covering big miles, range matters too.

>arbitrarily forcing toyota memes because toyfags are histrionic as shit

It's a fucking SUV. Buy a fucking crossover

Get a bigger fuel tank

Don't forget the government mandated backup camera that will break off in the first hour of using like an actual bronco. That of course will be linked to the touchscreen head unit up front.
Tl;dr
No more pulling out the floor mats and hosing down the interior.

>he doesn't carry a slip tank.

How far do you need to go? It's pretty hard to get more than 50 miles of hardcore off roading in North America. If you start out on a trailhead and drive 50 miles in you'll be deep in the middle of nowhere, probably at the base of a mountain. It's not like Australia where you drive down a flat dirt road for 10 hours.

And soak up more of your load capacity. Good idea.
Often enough a 1000 mile journey without seeing anything other than a preorganised fuel dump half way.

absolutely thats why i got 2

How is a 2 door SUV different than a pickup with a cap on the back? You can heat/cool your cargo?

Well a second row seat is an obvious advantage.

You might as well just get a 4 door SUV for that though.

Or you can have a two door SUV that has second row seating, and a the benefit of short wheel base for offroadan.

Yeah, I suppose competition for the Wrangler wouldn't hurt.

> NC plates
I have seen this car

My 1989 Bronco with the 302 got 16mpg.
My 1996 Bronco with the 5.8L also got 16mpg.

>tfw no quad cab 4Runner

They completely botched the front end of it. Looks like cheap molded plastic

At least it'll be cheap to replace if it is cheap molded plastic. Thanks to Toyota for thinking of offroading and not just mall crawling with stupid chrome everywhere.

>What Ford cucks actually believe

It's fucking horrible what the fuck please tell me this isn't real
I want this

Yep

Chebby is apparently bringing back the blazer.

Hopefully they wont fuck it up...

If it had the 5.slow, would buy in a heartbeat

Source

foxnews.com/auto/2016/12/09/report-chevrolet-blazer-to-return-in-2018.html

If these reports are true, they fucked it up

>Ford brings BOF Suv to the states
>Veeky Forums complains

Can we agree this is nu-Veeky Forums speaking here?
"But muh nameplate! muh heritage!"

What indicates it's been fucked up in this report?
Pretty much. Mah form>function retards.