Eve Online General /eog/

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
If you have to ask, you can't do it. But yes.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy

Future:
>2017/01/09 is the last day to receive the 12th YC119 gift!

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

/dog/ /eveg/

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/58917199/
zkillboard.com/corporation/98354071/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>
First for tracking matters

OP is a faggot.

You are a faggot, Mr. Shitposter

>Apocalypse

>he doesn't annihilate frigs with glancing shots

I'm already at -4.4 with Amarr, how worse could it get? I just hate seeing that giant yellow blemish on the southwestern side of Metropolis.

>minmatar

>lowsec which is the worst part of the game to live in
>he will never be eLiTe

>amarr

initiated compact warp scrambler

because the missioning messiah said either barghest or machariel
and because I already have all related missile skills to V

>finally got Cloaking to 3
>get a cloak on my Heron and go exploring
>first am really happy because everything is way more comfy
>later get bored because there is almost no danger
maybe i should go ratting or something

What a shitfit.
>le hypespatial xddd

I, too, go exploring to find risk and danger

There's two ways you can look at it.

One is that it's removed the danger and thrill from what you were doing before.

The other is that it's allowed you to come up with new, more daring ways to find thrills.

A cloaking device is one of the first basic steps to go from being prey to predator in wormholes.

My favorite part of these generals are people sperging over some other's guy fit and then giving no suggestions at all.

Yeaah I was thinking about fitting a battle Heron, but I think I'll just get an Astero. Camping sites sounds pretty boring tho, and I actually saw only 2 other explorers this whole time. Maybe when I get to Stratios.

Definitely get an astero, people shitting on them are idiots.

Any competent explorer will make enough and fly safe enough that the chance of losing one is very slim, and you instantly go from having to avoid asteros to preying on other exploration frigs. You don't even have to camp sites, just operate in a way that allows you to option to sneak up and kill other explorers should you find them.

Don't even unpackage the ship if you can't use a covops cloak though.

astero a shit just fly covops. you will never find other explorers unless you're an aspie

>Join Moot's Last Jihad anticipating laid-back do whatever corp
>Everything they do is small-scale roams
>Not at all interested in small-scale roams
Fug

Daily reminder that its not an exploit to drop corps to avoid wardecs

You don't camp sites in an Astero unless you know there's someone else in the system who's active and has a high chance of showing up at the site.

I'm really starting to consider making that laid-back do whatever alpha safe haven corp. There's usually so few people where I hole up that the belts are usually stockpiled with ore, signatures a plenty, and there's agents to do shit for and get LP.

>Amarr
>high sec pvp
>meme /dog/ corps

>have a laid-back do whatever highsec corp
>get wardecced
>nobody interested in fighting back because it's a do whatever corp and they're busy mining and losing mission battleships to war targets
>corp dies

How much can I make doing 10/10s?

about zero to nothing, fag

If you can survive it, potentially quite a bit

6/10 are the only worth running

>data site
>data site
>data site
>finally find a relic
>there's 3 fucking cloaked gankers that spent 4 hours sitting there just waiting to dick me and get 1 mil worth of loot

why god

Best corp to join for nullsec mining fleets?

One of the Goons corp probably

>joining goons or goon pet corps
>ever
Literally up there with "Never leaving hisec" in the list of worst possible things you can do in the game. They're just so damn boring, don't make the same mistake I did when I first started playing.

>forced to wait with like 80 other people for four hours before we can join up
>have to install a dozen different APIs and teammeme variants and forum accounts
>"guys get to x RIGHT NAO there's some big shit that's going to go down"
>4 hours later nothing happens and we go home
>if you don't fill out a roam form in signed triplicate with 16 different witnesses you're not allowed to do anything
>FCs are generally whinny babbies who scream at people

You want to have fun, join a mid sized to small corp that isn't part of PL or Goonshit.

>make a laid-back do whatever alpha safe haven corp
>rent a deep nullsec system with corp tax income
>have a place for PI, mining and VNI ratting and to hide from wardecs
>one omega NEET with a ratting carrier is enough to pay for the rent

>tfw will probably make less isk/hour VNI ratting but tired of explo, too much effort

Literally everything you said is wrong except for having to install various stuff and making accounts.

There is constant action, you can almost do what you want as long as you show up to THREE whole fleets per QUARTER
Everything else is 100% bullshit, kill yourself TESTgarbage

It's almost as if the VNI is a drone boat.

>VNI
>not a drone boat

I can see your shameful post.

>angry goon detected

I am rather upset about you literally lying this much, yeah. Now go back to plebbit you TESTrash

LMAO GAYPWND

Then why don't you say something? We do small-scale roams in preparation from weekend activities because nobody suggested something else.

Pretty much entirely wrong but you still generally need to pay 10bux to the forums which is bullshit cause the recruiters you'll meet are scammers.

Honestly the worst part is that it puts a permanent black mark on your character/account and that you're tied to the Mittani who is among the worst kind of scum just shy of doing something like outright murder or human trafficking, and has conflict of interest ties to the various official EVE news sources nearly on-par with the Clinton's ties to most media outlets. I'd reccommend a mid to small sized corp instead like that fucker before that isn't part of PL or Goonshit, but for completely different reasons.

screw you. I don't talk to poor people.

lmao GYAPWND wallet

>2 billion
>not poor

>Only 2.3b
M8 I had more than that 2 months after starting to play just from station trading.

You dont need to pay anything to join the goon affiliates. At the end of the day your corp doesnt matter since almost everything is on alliance level.

daily reminder that if you have less than 12bil you are super poor, and less than 50 is poor

kek. i know. i just logined for the first time after a year and a half and that's the isk i put aside to PLEX my accounts.

Just tried to divert attention away from my VNI fail.

I have 500mil what about me

If I was collecting ISK, I'd definitely have more than 12 billion. All my ISK is in the assets and PLEXes/injectors for my alts but I'm still poor, yeah

What if you have negative isk due to having everything in market orders with margin trading?

assets count if they can be liquidated fast

Oh, good.

Can you scam the system with margin trading?

Nah, the skill just makes it so that you have to put up less isk up front for buy orders. Once the buy order fills you still have to pay the full price you put the order up for.

What if you don't have the ISK at the time? It doesn't fill the buy order I guess?

Yeah, it fails and your buy order disappears.

Just find a legit ISK doubler in Jita and you will have 1bil in seconds.

>a legit ISK doubler in Jita

>you still generally need to pay 10bux to the forums
Lolwot? The SA goons are literaly irrelevant now because even if you deleted karmafags, most of goons are just outsiders who have nothing to do with it and just joined because it's the lesser eveil now.

>tfw joined goons to make fat money in delve
but their fleets are also pretty fun desu, some cool and chill FCs

Except boat, fuck that screeching autist.

But why?

It's like asking why someone would store wealth in gold instead of bills.

oneiros

Gila

oneitis

>Apocalypse

Why haven't you joined moot's last jihad yet?

Is the Hound /ourship/?

that's what urmum said last night in bed lmao

No the Daredevil is

tfw hard to fit 400 plate

zkillboard.com/kill/58917199/

Thanks, TEST

>he fell for the armageddon meme

I wish dogposters would go away or at least post new images.

>tfw will never be good at this game

who /venture miner/ here

who /venture ganker/ here

Update on the MLJ war effort.
There is no need to take the threats further, the miners got so triggered that they agreed to giving us our SRP at 20-45% under Jita value for any t1 frig, with shipping 12 jumps included.

Feelsgoodman. Not even a need to wardec once they looked up our merc corps.

where were you when all-out died?

Is Oruze a pvp corp?
What if I'm only interested in making isk?

>joining meme /dog/ corps

Just tell them that you're interested in PvP and then run sites in a Gila all day when you get in

that's what I did

do they have PI for max afk?

i kinda want to do PI but at the same time i don't want to spend SP on it

It'll pay for itself through injectors eventually.

I'm willing to train it up if I ever get into a wh corp since I hear it also helps out the corp to make fuel.

It's the only non-meme corp actually.

Only reason I'm still here is because Oruze Cruise turned down my application

zkillboard.com/corporation/98354071/

My PI characters pay off the one injector they need to get ready in six weeks. The setup cost is higher if you want to also use them as skillfarms but it pays pretty well, especially with plex and injectors at their current prices.

>mining shit my corp told me to train up first before anything else is done
Now what?
I kinda want to go exploration, but it's so fucking infuriating spending 20 minutes scanning down a single site. Not to mention it would take around 3 weeks to train for a covert ops frigate not counting cloaks which are basically the entire point of that shit.

Someone in my corp said I should go for running combat sites/mission running but the fit that they showed me would literally take a month to train for. What do I do? I'd like something that ideally won't take an entire month before I can do basic stuff. As is, I feel really limited in what I can do, combat sites and mission running that are rewarding are locked or undoable to me in the mediocre frigates/destroyers I have. Exploration is okay, but hi sec is pointless and low sec is dangerous, not to mention how much competition there is. Is there some sort of stopgap thing I can train that would take less than a week and let me do stuff in the time it takes to train to one of those things?

>explomeme
>highsec
>lowsec
wow, even exploding is less memetic than you.

>napoc has tracking bonus
>Nmega has tracking bonus
>TFI doesn't
???