pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/p6syP4Qi

Other urls found in this thread:

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/132557
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/132558
mmdks.com/8hw6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Making covenant rewards not shit, and actually incentivizing me to join them.

Who the fuck cares about getting 30 sunlight medals, when the rewards are garbage?

Why is the Mangrub staff even a thing? It's a joke.

Covenants should not only have TWO rewards. Maybe 3 or 5. Keep the players invested in PvP.

I get the joke but
nobody actually needs help with vort right?

I got 10 embers from it a few days ago with a new character.

I stopped because some assholes were tying to fight dancer at level 20 and kept getting oneshot.

Wouldn't be the first time for them

It's a fine line between having shit rewards and having rewards required for 100% achievements so people grind the same mob 100+ times to get 3 ears.

does anyone have that image of yorksha saying "give thee succ"?

I forgot to save it

what said and either majorly overhaul purple phantoms or just remove them from the game entirely, the one time they've been useful after the first week of the games release outside of this recent glitch

it was fine in DS1 where 10 humanity + serpent ring gave you a solid drop rate for stuff, but for some reason they threw that good mechanic into the trash and never brought it back

>DMB is worse than CMW whcih you get far faster
>nearly impossible to get

Nothing wrong with making achievement whores suffer.
Anyone who wants to use a magic buff for its actual purpose uses CMW

Purples should be rats of DaS3 and take control of areas like Settlement and Dungeon and these areas would be designed with that in mind

blueberries get blue eye orbs back, get two concords for killing a guilty host
if the host summons phantoms, blueberry gets 1 concord for each dead phantom

blueberries are autosummoned into worlds where the guilty summon phantoms.

so you can run back and get those two summons if you want, but in that time another 2 blueberries have appeared.

all they need to do to make purple viable is make their signs white & let them join bosses, like from originally planned

that won't happen because people will complain about getting ganked and the namco overlords can't accept that, which is why they should just delete the entire covenant so people don't even have to feel bad that it's so shitty.

>white sign purples can kill hosts in boss arena
that shit would never ever fly my man

It is flying right now.

T H I C C

I remember when I first played DS3 and I joined the purple covenant and I was like
>holy shit, purple invaders can kill other invaders!
but then I realized invaders can do that by default already and it's basically really just a covenant that gets its covenant item more easily

Why are there no interesting covenants in DS3? In the other games they atleast tried. Gravelords ended up completely stupid, but the concept was great. Rat covenant was actually a lot of fun, but the areas had too little reasons to actually traverse.

Meanwhile, what does DS3 have?
>invader
>defender
>territorial invader

literally it

>as a glitch
This shit will be patched faster than quills WA glitch.

which is exactly why the whole idea was a fucking waste of time

it's like gravelord, either you make it actually fucking work as intended and people complain about how unfair it is, or you make it kind of shit that doesn't really work unless you're dealing with a total mouthbreather and it feels unsatisfying for the person in the asshole covenant

actually it's even worse than gravelord because at least that worked, it was just so restricted that it wasn't really effective. there's literally no reason to ever summon a purple sign because you can just resumon white/gold all day

Is mail breaker usable? I mean, if I have it offhand then I could pretty much l2 and chip away shields right?

That's why you do it now. I already have 10 hours of glitch invading

It's alright, it's the highest crit damage weapon at 40/40 Refined and decent length for a Dagger. It is usable which is why it's where it is. The WA has too much wind-up to hit any experienced shield turtle from my experience.

Man, Artorias really let himself go, didn't he?

>two previous games had covenant leaders that you could talk and get some backstory on them
>DaS3 has literally only Yorshka and Hodrick but he fucking dies seconds after
I sure enjoy praying to corpses, statues and other shit that can't even muster a word out of their mouth

SL 120 or 130?

what about 125???

>tfw your character didn't make it in the collage

why is that other list even a thing when this one is so much cleaner and better explained.

DS3 ties for the best mob combat with BB, but it definitely surpasses DeS and >DS2.

The other list is made by a notorious memer looking to bait, as explained by the anime girl pic on it.

>Fatorias

>memes

>doing archdragon peak
>you've been invaded by dark spirit edwad
>he hides in the room full of lizardmen
>use seed of a giant tree
>dark spirit edwad has gone home
salty as fuck

wow that was a crazy story. was cool how u used an item for its intended purpose.

>Doing a build that prioritizes health/defense over damage
>Still end up beating most people in 4-5 hits while they barely do chips off my health
Why didn't I do this ages ago

I am literally unkillable

>profaned and lothric knight gs mid tier
>lorian's is low even though it has the exact same moveset and deals comparable damage

Real talk here, what made Bloodborne so good? Was it the Sony money being pumped into it, the involvement with DaS1 devs, Japan Studio lending their hand with the development just like they did with DeS or what was it?
>inb4 it wasn't good
I'm asking people who liked it.

It's split damage compared to Profaned and doesn't do as much as a buffed Lothric Knight GS at 40/40 but you're right in that it shouldn't be 'that' low. When the next patch comes out I'll probably move it to where FUGS and the BKGS is or right below them.

literally?

It being one of the only Souls games to be actually finished

The others are painfully unfinished and it becomes really apparent the more you play

Huge moneybags, help from Japan Studio and actually letting them finish the game instead of rushing it for release. Sony knew they have a console seller in their hands and they played their cards right.

too good to not be bait

You mean the purpose of sending bitch boi invaders home like the cucks they are?

Post build, sounds really cool.

>Get summoned to help host with Sister Friede
>Fog gate won't allow me to pass through

A TEAM

T
E
A
M

Yeah, love when that happens. I had hosts send me fanmail because they thought I was fucking with them

idk ur saying hes salty but hed probably only be salty if he actually died. as it stands he just made you waste an item and he lost almost nothing except a few minutes.

So, why did they try so hard to eliminate invasions in DS2? There are very few red eye orbs to use, and the only non-exhaustible source is essentially unusable until endgame because level limits are for pussies I guess.

It's like From has to ruin some aspect of PvP each game.

Huh, maybe that's what happened. I tried summoning someone for aldrich and ran for the door. First time he didn't enter until about halfway through the fight (and then promptly died)
Second time he never even bothered, so I black crystaled him home in the middle of the fight, figured he was messing with me

>he didn't use CE to get cracked red eye orbs

It's only a waste if you didn't get what you paid for
I got what I wanted out of it

Because its really focused on duelshittery.

The thing is that Lorian's is miles ahead of the rest low tier weapons. Also this chart actually reminded me that darkmoon bow is in this game. I have never seen anyone use it even in pve.

Is poise relevant in ds3?
I've heard mixed claims since starting but I wonder if there's a softcap for armor or if it's solely on weapon animations.
From what my understanding is, 26-32 is the optimum if you wish to be able to trade hits with someone without being staggered.

Probably a knee jerk reaction to 1. Invasions were out of control. You couldn't be caught in human form for a minute in undead burg without getting invaded by some +5 chaos zwei one hitting your new characters

>Crystal sage rapier in high tier

Ok no.

PC FC at Lothric Castle bonfire.
SL120 pass is /dsg/

Well, it's not like it's impossible to remove twinking without removing invasions in general.

Darkmoon Longbow is that bad, that's why. Split damage longbow without quickshot with terrible scaling. Absolutely awful.

>Single stat rapier with decent damage that's longer than Estoc slightly

Wew wew

Of course it is a thing, but some shitters are mad that you can't equip full havel's and become immune to staggers even if you're not attacking

Im going 40 str 20 dex 40 int and 40 faith.

what weapon will help me best capitalize on these stats that is also decently fun.

so I'm playing through DS2, and I know pyromancy scales with faith/int now. is it still worth it to use pyromancy without investing in those?

Is Flamberge position justified by anything? I could argue that it's better than Firelink and definitely stronger than Bastard.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/132557 for fastroll

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/132558 for midroll

Either way, you'll tank quite a few hits and deal quite a bit of damage back

Most of the Greatswords in high and mid-tier aren't placed in any definitive order do to most of them being on the same level of 'good' for the most part and for lack of space. I might make it clearer in future versions because I do agree with your assessment it's just how I made the list at the time.

>steel protection in pvp
>leaving empty armor slots
is this bait?

Onyx blade and Gargoyle spear

What's wrong with that? My build happens to be a FE soldier/great knight cospoor and a all-purpose playstyle where I alternate between sword, axe, lance or bows and using a shield for def/parries. Besides I rarely use it onehanded anyway.

You tell me

it felt fresh, same reason DE and DS1 were

ds2 is a "the same general idea but we changed lots of stuff people like for no real reason" sequel ala DMC2 (abit a way better game) and ds3 has the exact opposite problem and feels like a fan game

Oh, ok. Great job anyway anone-kon, keep it up.

those are literally the only two weapons i was hoping to exclude when i said "thats decently fun".

why wouldn't you invest in them? alot of the fun weapons have a int/fth requirement

>swamp crab
>poison swamp crab
>fire swamp crab
>ice swamp crab

A TEAM
T
E
A
M

Random lore headcannon incoming:

I'm ready to bet that the entirety of the Dark Souls series literally happens on the ''old one'' of Demon Souls, but such an incredible amount of time after that the old one had grown to immeasurable/eldritch size, that the small branches and trees that made up the original shell had become entire layers of canopy so huge that clouds could move between the trunks, with countless ''floor'' of the same thing going god know how deep, as it had an eternity to grow unopposed and uncontrolled. Yet it all changed when the ''gods'' found the first flame, which I suspect were in fact primeval humans akin to Manus that found out how to tap into the nigh limitless power source that was the old one soul and shaped it into flame, ligntning etc well, anything they could shape it into. The dragons could simply be the first inhabitant to have rose and used the old one soul for such purpose but sought an existence of content and eternal contemplation rather than to live by temporaries desires or whatnot, maybe they were doing so at first but doing these thing for an eternity might make these kind seem extremely pointless.

So technically, humanity and the gods as they exist in the souls universe are akin bacteria and cells on the body of the old one, both in literal size and power scale.

>Its just the generic twink setup
Oh

If you switch str and dex around Friede's scythe is great. Otherwise Drakeblood Greatsword with buffs

>headcanon
>for two separate universes

What, you think you can have fun AND be stat-efficient?

mmdks.com/8hw6
I'm trying to make a 100% tank.
Is Iron Flesh worth using?
What weapon should I use?
Obviously not intended for pvp.

This is not even properly optimized you dunce.

oh, I just figured I wouldn't have the points free, plus all the other magic doesnt seem as fun

Well, technically its the spiritual sequel, so they are both separate universe yet not entirely. It could be interpreted as a romantic interpretation of the series existence, with the Dark Souls ''Universe'' existing upon the Demon Souls ''Universe''? It's undeniable that Dark was heavily inspired by Demon so it could always be, also take into consideration that its a game written by japanese and they love doing this kind of counter-intuitive story telling that make you think things are going one way at first when in truth you were going in a totally different direction than what you were expecting at first.

you will never run out of stat points on dark souls 2 unless you care about SM

Thx Vaati for that high amount of autism in just 2 posts.

>implying vaati posts here

he comes here to steal ideas not share them

More people in the FC please.

How many you got? and how many had their dicks cut off and use sorceries

but what's an optimum amount of poise to have to trade with someone with a greatsword?
my confusion lies with what the amount of poise you'd need to trade without being staggered after the first swing

>build prioritizing defense
>empty armor slots
>literally no poise
>shit absorption, using steel protection in PvP
>not utilizing 69% weight on the midroll setup
user...

3 and 0

1 sorcerer so far.
I've seen about five unique names, plus or minus one.

What leggings would go well with the following?

Cathedral Knight Helm
Creighton's Armor
Farron Gauntlets

Grant does the highest AR at base requirements. You're gonna slow-walk though, so replace Wolf Ring with Havel's. You don't need anything past 81 poise.

Scratch that, replace Wolf Ring with FaP and lower END to 37.
I want to make this build with you. Steam ID?