Just saw this Ford GT in Michigan

spotted on Woodward, new Ford GT

Tell me again how GM and Chrysler can do better than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/4wKeKX7ZgL8?t=135
autobytel.com/auto-news/features/racing/ford-introduces-ecoboost-daytona-prototype-119925/
google.com/?gl=us&hl=en&gws_rd=cr&pws=0#safe=off&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&q=ford gt 2017 horsepower
google.com/?gl=us&hl=en&gws_rd=cr&pws=0#safe=off&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&q=ford gt 2017 weight
google.com/?gl=us&hl=en&gws_rd=cr&pws=0#safe=off&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&q=ford gt 2017 laptimes
nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
youtube.com/watch?v=GIIcrlPXLks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They can't
BTFO

fpbp

GM and chystler don't make 500k for people dumb enough to buy em, maybe they should start

the odds of that car crashing and or catching on fire

are about 160% greater than any other american sports car

That would be the corvette

uh no it wouldnt

they are only making 250 this year that means over 10% of all ford gts made fucking crash and or burn

retard

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDD
HOW WILL YOU EVEN RECOVER ALPHONSE

WHAT WILL YOU DO

MAKE ANOTHER THREAD?

THAT WONT CHANGE THE NUMBERS KID

>blatantly making up numbers
>projecting this hard
Stay BTFO

>has no numbers
>just the same 4 phrases and pictures

alphonse hows that job hunt going?

By creating a extremely low selling car that they can pour all there resources in without worrying about loss per vehicle.

>projecting

What are the specs of the car

Ohh wait they dont exist, nothing is known about the damn thing.

So guess they already are doing better.

nigger that is obviously a kit are you fucking blind?

700+hp
sub-2500lbs
Active aero
Faster than anything this side of a 918

Gm fangirls actually this upset... wow

Nah it has like 1000 hp
GM btfo

They know gm is done for once the GT comes out

Looks like a kit car

hey alphonse

hows the job hunt going??????????????

They can't and never will

>this loser is actually following around another poster
Lmao dude maybe you should find the job
Or are you too mentally unstable from gm always being dominated? Top Roflmao

This is so far ahead of anything FCA and Chevy could come up with, it's not even funny

>Tell me again how GM and Chrysler can do better than this?
By making a reliable, affordable mid-engined sports car and by resurrecting the Viper.

But they're not doing either of those things ever

The question was "can they", not "will they".

Fortunately for them the Ford GT is a limited run and will just end up in collections. Their only concern now is whatever the top spec Mustang is.

Holy shit being a GM fangirls must be terrible

Viper > this overpriced pos

Nice pic OP. You see lots of new cars driving around that area? I realize it's Detroit so it makes sense, but, just curious. I imagine it's like living in Stuttgart and seeing all the Porsches.

Lol, you took these awhile ago, maybe on Monday?

There's going to be 7 of them in michigan, so don't be surprised if you see one.

I live around there and I see a lot of new GM, Ford and FCA stuff before it comes out. But usually it's just new Jeeps and Focuses lol

How do you know there will be 7? I'd think Detroit wouldn't have many since I keep reading that the rich people left.

dumbass this was on /r/cars like 2 days ago you didnt """""see"""" shit

>discussing other subreddits on Veeky Forums

>on Woodward anywhere between square lake and Detroit
>being surprised seeing a nice car

I'm just going to assume you arent from the area. One time going down square lake road I saw 20 vipers of varying years driving in line. I could only assume it was for a car meet.

youtu.be/4wKeKX7ZgL8?t=135
>The car is $400k and this is the interior
Cmon ford. It has a great a great looking car but the interior looks way too cheap. The engine being off center when its on full display bugs me as well.
also
>V6
>pic related

ehehehehe

Wow I'm stupid.

its ok, i had to take a second look as well

Mmm, so it's better than a LaFerrari?

>the Ford GT is better than anything FCA can come up with

i don't think any of you guys have actually researched the ford gt

they took the motor out of the daytona prototype, so they knew it could withstand an intense beating. Strapped it to a Getrag transmission and then put it in a carbon fiber monocoque.

for $500k you get a street-legal race car, just like the LFA was. now is this as good as the LFA was? eh, i'll wait for some people who have driven both to comment on that.

but seriously, this car has been in the works for like half a decade. and it's easy to design an attractive supercar when you have the lines of the 2005 GT to work off of

>half a decade
it's actually been in the works for 3 years. that's it

autobytel.com/auto-news/features/racing/ford-introduces-ecoboost-daytona-prototype-119925/

they -released- the same engine 3 years ago. but that plant has been in the works sine 2007 just tweaking away.

i'm talking about the gt. not the engine

>living in a ghetto

I just browse /r/cars at school bc Veeky Forums is block

Glad to see Ford stayed true to their panel gap philosophy (front fender-door)

Assmad GM fangirl detected

>Tell me again how GM and Chrysler can do better than this?

By making more than 500 units.
By producing it domestically instead of in Canada.
By producing an engine that makes more than 630hp.
By releasing performance statistics.
By not listening to the marketing department, like they did when they selected a V6 for their halo car (instead of developing a twinturbo Voodoo V8).

I want to root for Ford, and I hate GM and FCA, but the GT is getting more and more disappointing, the more you learn about it. It's certainly not worthy of all the hype, kinda like the Focus RS - although both are textbook examples of how to hype.

No dude I love the new GT, it's just a shame the panel gap thing is still so noticable. Hopefully it's just a pre-production flaw.

>700+hp
[citation needed]
Ford themselves claim 600+hp, most industry sources claim 630. If it's 700+, they'd have advertised it as 700+, Ford's marketing department isn't stupid.
>sub-2500lbs
[citation needed]
Unless it's a rebodied ND Miata, there isn't a single supercar in that weight range - and not a single suggestion that Ford has significantly deviated from the standard formula, which could actually make it weight 500lbs less than a 675LT.
>Faster than anything this side of a 918
[citation needed]
No laptimes have been released, no acceleration testing, no SAE power ratings, nothing. There's no way to prove your claim.

>inb4 spoonfeed me mommy!
That excuse has been used a hundred times before - claims are worthless unless you back them up with data.

They had the chance to use the the FR9 roush yates engine, to make the meanest sounding, baddest motherfucker on the road with more than 800 hp, but they decided to make the fucking thing an ecoboost billboard instead.

Bravo ford. Go fuck yourselves along with that "progressive thinking" of yours.

FWIW I saw a raw carbon test mule on the 407 @ Weston Rd. (Toronto) 2 years ago. I think the bodies are made around here somewhere though.

>i don't think any of you guys have actually researched the ford gt
I don't think you have either, because you're just talking unsourced bullshit.

>they took the motor out of the daytona prototype
Which is a Ford V6, sent to Roush and upgraded there. So their SOP for the GT will be to take finished V6 engines off the assembly line, send the to Roush, then back, and plop then in the GT? Apart from the fact that you don't have a source for this, it makes more sense to just build it in house.

>so they knew it could withstand an intense beating.
Apart from the fact that they might not even use a race engine, race engines aren't reliable in street use.

>Strapped it to a Getrag transmission
I hope not, because the only DCT transmissions Getrag makes for Ford are those transverse 6 speeds.

>for $500k you get a street-legal race car, just like the LFA was
Street legal racecar is not always a good thing. Also, the LFA wasn't a racecar for street use, it was a GT pushed into racecar service. The kerb weight, engine and transmission used are all proof of that. The LFA might have pulled your heartstrings, but it was not a racecar, or objectively good. Subjectively good? Hell yes, a cold startup is enough to prove that.

>literally begging to be spoonfed
stay btfo

why are there so many gm shills itt?

increased spending from their marketing team

I don't think an FR9 would be warranty-able, or even smog legal.

If they wanted Ecoboost, they should've put direct injection and a set of snails on the Voodoo. Too bad Ford isn't smart enough to figure out direct injection in the Modular V8 - unlike Chevy, which is now pushing DI across the range.

Also, meanwhile, Mopar is still making iron block, pushrod port injected bastard ''Hemi's''. And they've still got the most powerful engines of the Big Three.

>v8 fags this salty
delicious

You're a fucking retard.

not an argument

daily reminder that the fastest street legal car on the planet uses a v6

8>6
V8>V6

Deal with it V6 cucklets.

lol, stay mad

No argument is needed since you're a complete dumbass spewing unfounded bs

>This banana tastes more like a banana than this orange does!!!!1!1!!!

a new viper

a better engine for the vette that doesn't cook itself.

not an argument

>v8 cuck gets btfo
>resorts to ad hominems
lol

You know what a proper argument is? Backin up your claims with sources. So, go provide sources on the:
>700hp
>2500lbs
>faster than a 918

>spoon feed me

It's your responsibility to back up your arguments, dumbfuck.

Oh right, you can't, so you're deflecting like a giant faggot.

>spoon feed me

I see the americans woke up.

I was wondering why the thread suddenly got 20 replies in half an hour.

Hey busfaggots who post these threads and then shitpost in them: if you spend your time on a job instead you'll actually be able to have a car.

>I can counter a reasonable question by ridiculing my opponent!
You can't, and it doesn't prove you're right. You've got a computer at your fingertips, and you can't prove any of your bullshit claims, because they're wrong.

google.com/?gl=us&hl=en&gws_rd=cr&pws=0#safe=off&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&q=ford gt 2017 horsepower
google.com/?gl=us&hl=en&gws_rd=cr&pws=0#safe=off&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&q=ford gt 2017 weight
google.com/?gl=us&hl=en&gws_rd=cr&pws=0#safe=off&gl=us&hl=en&pws=0&q=ford gt 2017 laptimes
First source I've got says between 600 and 630hp, 2890lbs, and there's no laptimes yet. A very, very far cry from 700hp and 2500lbs.

So, unless you've got actual sources saying otherwie (you can go ahead and use the Google links I provided, they'll be helpful), you have been declared BTFO.

I've driven my former STi in that very spot. Neat.

Dude its 10:30 central. We've been up for quite a while. The shitposting NEETs woke up.

No, the first source says over 600 hp

which could mean anything

the second "source" is from hp kings. who claimed the z06 set a sub 7 minute lap time. Into the trash it goes.

stay btfo.

ABSOLUTELY BTFO

he won't recover

It could mean anything, as long as it's above 600hp and below 700.

Criticising one source does not prove your own claims.

nope, it could mean 1000 hp. must suck to have autism. stay btfo.

Still doesn't prove your own claims. It could be 601 hp.

>trying to insult poster's sexuality on a website where an above-average group of posters is homosexual, transvestite or MtF transgender

nope. the ecoboost engine is capable of 700+ hp

>getting this triggered
did i hit too close to home?

'Ring time on the GT, or GTFO
nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

the rxc turbo is the fastest car around the Nurburgring and uses an Ecoboost V6

In the same way the VAG 1.8t is capable of 800+hp
youtube.com/watch?v=GIIcrlPXLks

so you admit gm can't compete?

>the rxc turbo is the fastest car around the Nurburgring
Got anything to back that up?

GM have never been able to compete with VW.

>spoon feed me!!!!!

Go on back up the claim. You can't because its not true the Radical SR8LM is the fastest and that uses a 2.7L V8 made by Radical Performance Engines. Consider yourself spoon fed

radical said the rxc turbo r is faster

Post a lap time then.