/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Just A Plain Doll edition

Nightmare Slaughtered: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kz9st/crazy_good_bloodborne_cosplay/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doP2HShMmJcHZFTNSZ3yVFxbUu4U1aO6yHIk9-wQ1Wo/edit#gid=222193878
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think the 'Straight Outta Insight' thread has broader appeal but there's something about this image of the doll that I really love

I also do cursed depth 4 root chalices so FRC 5 isn't so horrifying

First fo-

>68s left on anti-flood

xth for MariaxCrowmeme OTP

You can't delete a thread if you're the OP, can you?

No, but you can ignore a thread, then migrate to it later if it hasn't 404'd yet.

This one was made first, so we should stick here. Creation time is a simple and objective way to choose a thread, no need to complicate it any further than that.

staight outta general posting

>crowsteel cosplay
>ludwig's

Kosm this is too much

That's not Crowsteel, it's the cosplayer's original character, Crowmeme. There's no relation to Crowsteel, I'm not sure where you got that from.

Doll would look super cute with her hair tied back like that

used that photo for this for the same reason. doll needs something to help pass the time anyway

My recent fashion craze is Blindfold Cap+Cainhurst Armor with Gratia's Fist and an untricked holy moonlight sword

Fucking great costumes
Source?

I don't know who did the cosplays. I found it on tumblr, and the tumblr links back to this reddit page:

reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/5kz9st/crazy_good_bloodborne_cosplay/

Which doesn't seem to have any info.

I ran that same look a while back too, only with Loch Shield instead of fist

>FRC watchers dropped a nourishing gem

I've killed these fat fucks for so long and this the first time I've seen them drop this. How rare is this?

I completely missed the odeon chapel dweller and sending people to isofeska's clinic my first play through, now that I've read the wiki and seen them both I see how they were trying to trick you into thinking the kind soft voice is the good one compared to whatever the fuck odeon chapel dweller is supposed to be and his nervous laughter

doll and gehrman smoking blunts together

chapel dweller is a bro, I wonder how he manages to resist turning into a beast, or how he keeps sane. Perhaps it's because he's blind and those with eyes go crazy, at least in Yharnam.

>resist turning intoa beast
well i asume he just doesnt take the blood

So how does the tricked moonlight sword and tricked wheel work in regards to arcane? The info screen for both have low arcane damage compared to physical

>fucking completely forgot about that one locked door at the bottom of cathedral ward you find a key for in the DLC
>already went into NG+

REEEEEEEEEE

it's hard to keep track of all the nooks and crannies you missed, that's part of the charm I suppose

What door? i must know

>look around odeon chapel
>creepy motherfucker, but it says x to talk so he's chill I guess
>do his mission
>don't go back to the clinic until way later, not even aware of iofska until like forbidden woods

Can you just die to any sackman to be taken to Yar'ghul early or does it have to be a specific one?

I heard there's a "real" one, haven't found her yet

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1doP2HShMmJcHZFTNSZ3yVFxbUu4U1aO6yHIk9-wQ1Wo/edit#gid=222193878

Any sackman.

Chalice sackmen notwithstanding.

The real isofeska is avaliale I think as soon as you go to hunters dream, she asks you not to come in as you'll potentially contaminate her patients, and then gives you a special blood vial

Fake isofeska kills and replaces her after you kill Gascogine, she actually has a different voice actor (I think the same one as one of the witches of izalith)

>I wonder how he manages to resist turning into a beast
Remember that the incense keep the beats away.

You could check the OP on the moveset data to see how the modes change. The in-game screen won't show it.

When tricked the Wheel gets

> 200% Arcane damage increase
> +0.5 Arcane scaling (taking its scaling from 0.56 "C" rating to a 1.06 "S" rating)
> 20 Flat Arcane damage added after all other increases are calculated
> 30% reduction in physical damage

Plus each L2 rev increases Arcane damage by a percentage, one rev for 10%, two for 20%, three for 40% and four for 60%.

This means at 50 Arcane (0.85 saturation) and using decent Nourishing gems your Arcane damage on the wheel is.

{[50 + (50 * 1.06 * 0.85)] * 3.00 * 1.215 * 1.215 * 1.195 * (1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.4 or 1.6 depending on 0-4 revs)} + 20 + 15(only if your triangle Noirishing has Flat Arc)

You can reach over 800 arcane damage on a wheel. Plus Whatecer physical damage you have.

ah, so I never met the real one, got it.
I also saw that one pic where she's in a suggestive pose on a table, how do I trigger that?

Pretty fucking rare, post a screenshot of it.

>how do I trigger that?
By playing the fucking game.

No, literally.

>Isofeska
>Iofska
>Odeon

This is triggering me way more than it should be.

People can't spell, man.

Amerifats can't spell anything right and Eurocucks spell everything wrong.

Makes for a fun time.

>>isofeska

I already killed her couple of days ago, I doubt she can still be flirty.

A while back someone said that the guide had a typo for Watchdog's fire defense, and that it's actually 999; was that you? Cause I'm getting contradictory damage values from it.

thats where imagination is needed

Where are you from, my man?

I'm an Amerifat but I can actually spell. Most of the time.

>image
I want one like that, but of Gascoigne when he bears his teeth at the player, and "It's enough to make a man kek" done with the in-game subtitles, in the vain of pic related.

hes probably the new zealand cumfarmer

A little late but here. What's the best that you can get from Amygdala?

>vain

Awwww shit.

I was wondering why it looked so weird. Goddamn I haven't seen "vein" spelled out in a while.

Oh I see. I don't anything about gems, but looks like the uncanny version is the best for 50 arc? I wasted my chunks on the normal version then.

Thanks though

The guides info on the Wheel is all kinds of wrong. They don't even have a table for its tricked moveset.

It's likely that FromSoft didn't give them any info at all about weapon mechanics and they had to figure it out. Those values were the work of several people testing the fuck out of the wheel post-release.

21.5% with a secondary effect.

Are you doing a STR/ARC build? Because that gem would be insane on a HMS or Wheel.

Anyone need help with anything?

My life.

What? I'm talking about Watchdog's fire defense.

>stand in mergos
>adversary appears
>go in lift then hide
this is fun :^)

Uncanny for Flat gems and Nourishings, Lost for Nourishings. Normal can work with Nourishings too, it'll be a little weaker than Uncanny and Lost unless you get a perfect Waning OoS from Isz Amy.

other way around is even better

Anyone helping in Cursed Pthumerian Defilement Layer Two against the Fire Doggo ? He's just out of my git gud league with half health, so I think if 2 can come that's wonderfull! Pass: doggo

No, I got this on my basic bitch SKL build

Don't get hung up on weapon versions.

For a Nourishing Wheel people will say Lost is best for Rom Radial, and Amy Triangle and Waning, but theoretically you could get monsters like in any shape, making it irrelevant.

Or if you're too lazy to get the best gems from bosses, you might hit up Gargoyles who you'll have to get an off-shape or two from, making it a crapshoot which version of the Wheel you'll need, unless you don't mind doing even more forming.

Gem research and/or collection first, weapon second.

So do Ayys have a gender?
If so, why can't we seduce Ebrietas into just giving us the chalice
Why can't we impregnate baby emissaries
Why can't be impregnate big emissary
Is Moon Presence thinking of lewd things to do with intertwining tentacles?
Why don't all celestial enemies just try to cuddle us instead
Is the worm shooting transformation attack actually just semens?
Why doesn't Yurie just remove her clothes when you meet her as an Ayy?
So many questions

I mentioned it earlier this week, but tomorrow around 6pm EST I'll be trying to start a weekly spelunking club.
I'll be personally making three FRC dungeons. One Pthumeru, one Loran and one Isz. If you're interested please don't be afraid to pass on the love and make your own chailces.

>It's likely that FromSoft didn't give them any info at all about weapon mechanics and they had to figure it out.

Pretty much this. Wheel is the biggest fuck-up, but they get plenty of other things wrong. E.G., Boomhammer is listed as having different multipliers for its blunt and fire damage, when it actually has a single multiplier for both damage types, it's just that the multipliers themselves change when you prime it. Also threaded cane's tricked R1s are listed as having higher than its untricked R1s, when this is not actually the case. The tricked R1s actually have a lower multiplier than the untricked R1s, but when you trick the cane, it gets a bonus to its Skill scaling. Thus, on a skill build, cane's tricked form will hit harder than its untricked form, while on an Arcane build, the tricked form will deal less damage than the untricked form.

fwiw, that skill scaling bonus also applies to viscerals, making a tricked threaded cane the best weapon in the game for viscerals.

>Spelunking club
That's actually a pretty neat idea if you can get enough people on board

Good stuff, user. I'm definitely joining tomorrow. It's going to be a mad race.

Then why'd you reply to a post about the Logarious Wheel?

I assumed the Hotdog thing was just related to guide being wrong.

I don't know anything about Hotdog's Fire defense, but 9949 seems like a silly number to choose. Maybe it is a typo maybe it isn't. It's also impossible to test bosses defense values because bosses with multiple damage zones (EG Amy's legs or Rom's face) have Damage Reduction as well as defense. I'm pretty sure hotdog takes more damage to the face, so his legs might have armour similar to players in addition to defense.

Anybody help you out yet, user?

No nobody yet, can you come ? :c I summoned someone yesterday but we got absolutely destroyed

omw aswell m8
lets give fire doggo the business

Thanks ! I'll be waiting, this fire doggo ate his dog chow goddamn

>everyones calling it fire doggo now

>Decide to make build around the Rifle Spear because the concept and aesthetics are neat as fuck
>Actually get the rifle spear
>It's borderline unusable in PvE
God damn, not wonder absolutely no one who uses this thing in FC's wins any duels.

not that kind of help, sorry user
I mean they may have strange genders of their own or maybe even hermaphrodites, then again we fight Mergo's wetnurse so who really knows. But what I do know is I wanna fug a choir girl.

Still offering help (with bosses) to anyone who wants it, I'm just keen to coop.

> fwiw, that skill scaling bonus also applies to viscerals, making a tricked threaded cane the best weapon in the game for viscerals.

Wait, what?

I always thought about that, but I assumed it wouldn't have an effect since Heavy Abyysals don't give STR scaling to Viscerals. Would Sharp gems theoretically improve Viscerals then? Or is the threaded canes scaling buff handled differently?

>since Heavy Abyysals don't give STR scaling to Viscerals

But they do

And yes, sharp gems would improve viscerals, but for math reason I don't want to go into right now, sharp gems are literally incapable of ever adding as much damage as a tempering gem of equal rating. It used to be the same for Heavy/Cold gems, until they got buffed.

Sorry, I figured it was worth asking you since not many people get very involved in the numbers of the game. You can test boss defenses though; since hitzones apply after the defense formula, and the damage formula isn't a simple multiplier, you would be able to tell with multiple tests the different values between them. According to my tests, Watchdog takes 100% damage on legs, 115% damage on broken legs, 75% on his head, and 250% damage on a broken head.

kek my chikage killed me

Ringing again for Fire Doggo, oops

how do I get to blood starved beast through old yahrnam without aggroing djura?

you cant the first time, but once youve killed darkbeast paarl you can go behind his watchtower and wont agro him

omw again assuming youre killed by my chikage ;_;

lol, my brain suddenly stopped working when he did the explosion attack, coldn't get out fast enough

oh wait you only said get to bsb, theres no way to get to bsb without aggroing djura, jsut dont attack any other beasts and run past everything

If you're going for a friendly djura just run your way to bsb, kill it, then wickity wack get into his sack your way to hypoleon gaol and say hi to Paarl. Finally go say hi to Djura making your way to him from bsb lantern (or use the shortcut from old yahrnam lantern).

So even if he starts shooting me I should still be able to get friendly djura that way?

well i didnt last long

It's okay I died again ;-;

As long as you don't kill Djura, you can always make friends. Kill as much stuff in Old Yharnam as you like on your first run through, even his hunter friend.

After beating Paarl don't kill anything and approach Djura without him seeing you. And you'll be friends.

yeah this

>kill paarl
>make friends
>his hunter friend didn't get the message and attacks me
>aggros Djura
Why

did you kill it?

No, almost but one-shotted me with his side attack

i need to be more careful with my chikage

Yo my dudes can I get a bit of assistance with Laurence. I'm bl 79 with my beckoning bell right out the entrance to the boss

God damn magic in BB is so much more satisfying than magic in any Souls game.

There's just something about being a cosmic wizard channeling the power of dimensions beyond your understanding that beats simple magic missile spamming.

Hell, the same could be said about the whole game honestly, the whole cautionary tale about humans reaching into realms beyond their understanding for ascension, a massive love letter to Lovecraft, is just way more interesting that Souls repeating cycles of undead shit.

On me way.

Thanks Max and Emily ! wouldn't have make it without you

What SL should I be when I start the DLC?

> not killing Djura the moment you get his gesture/rune

His clothes have too much frenzy resist and Beasthood to be wasted on him.

> but they do

Huh, the more you know. I just noticed my weapons with Heavy Gems doing less visceral damage than one with 3 27%'s in it and assumed they did nothing. That's good to know.

Gotta get myself a Cane with three 32.6% thrust gems on it to farm Watchers with on my SKL build now.

Wait, password?

Yeah but they look like shit, besides, Henryk's set gives pretty good beasthood too.

also
>caring about armor stats in BB