/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

"Soon" Edition

Elder Thread >Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/12/22/thats-a-wrap-on-2016
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx [Begginer Guide]
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] mail PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] mail GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

>Discord: discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

alcasthq.com/draugr/#1468075459355-74ad0d17-cbf3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>want to be either a pet-sorc or a magicka staff-tank
>both of these builds are and will continue to be absolute memes
It shouldn't be this way

Do both, AT ONCE!
JOIN ME IN MADNESS!

does elder scrolls have succubus

we are get mephala or w/e soon right so summon succubus pet builds when

I was going to
It might not even be that retarded since clannfear gets even more defenses, can tank at least one mob reliably, benefits from your ward, and can heal you instantly. It's mostly the taunting that bothers me, since pierce armor is instant, applies both fracture and breach, and costs way less than inner fire, and the ice heavy attack doesn't seem very viable considering how vulnerable it makes you. Maybe with hardened ward up you get a chance to heavy attack, but I don't know.
There's winged twilight, I guess? They belong to Azura, though.

Thanks for changing the PC guilds to mail, though I think the PS4 guild at least should stay 'message'. While in-game mail is perfectly fine, I think it does only show up on one server (can't see EU mail while on NA and vice versa), and PSN messages can be checked offline too.

tfw internet went out and can't play eso

this game is pretty good

my only problems with it are:
>the retarded horse system where you have to spend 2 months improving it (and the improvements dont even carry between horses)
>getting level 50+max CP takes 10x longer than any other modern MMO

aside from that its 10/10, best leveling experience in an MMO aside from The Secret World and some damn good PvP too. Im surprised I liked it because I dont even like Elder Scrolls games.

They carry over between horses, just not characters, one of the few things that isn't account wide

On that one character though your riding skill upgrades are shared between all your mounts

Pet sorc tanks are actually the best tanks around in one very peculiar situation; enraged enemies. An enraged flesh atronarch in vICP will instantly kill everyone and everything except your pets since they can't take more than 45% of their max health per hit.

This have lead to strange situations, such as having tanks in vWGT that's so shit that we were better off when my Twilight tanked her and didn't bother resurrecting the tank.

>and the improvements dont even carry between horses
Check again.

>auridon still has some icons that are blacked and white instead of whited and black
>have the achievement that says I did 37/37 achievements

Do zones need you to complete most of the quests inside of them to get their achievement and not all of them? They icons are for cities tho so maybe its for none zone related quests or something?

Sounds like you didn't do the main quests. Each little town gets white'd as soon as you've done their corresponding main quest.

There's more quests than you need to get the 'do x quests' achievement, so yes you just missed some optional quests somewhere.

>05:42:04
>05:42:03

We Dragon Break now

>not wanting to spend 2-6 months doing tedious bullshit like having to remember to walk to a stable every day on every character for literal 1% increases makes you a casual

>You're not gonna turn my property into a skooma den, are you?
>No
>No(Lie)

>Wanted to play heal-slut Templar
>All of the build guides are really weird and confusing
>Also spec you for massive damage
>Realize I'm gonna spend 90% of the game soloing and a full heal build is probably shit

Well

What was/will be changed to make you think they're no longer good? Other than that odd curse change.. why the fuck they gotta do that?

>Realize I'm gonna spend 90% of the game soloing and a full heal build is probably shit.
If only you could change the skills on your bars between playing solo and dungeons.

What class/build lets me roleplay as a dark knight?

He's probably pissed the lighting staff didn't get as buffed as he hoped it would be. It just got buffed to bullshit instead of absolute bullshit.

All, really, but Nightblades are the edgiest.

>nightblades
>edgy
>DKs get spikes coming out of their back and and dragon wings
Nightblades are normies compared to DK.

Don't listen to them, I run a "full heal" build and it's fun. My only damaging attacks are Restoration Staff heavy and Luminous Shards, which is more of a side effect than actually being used as an attack.

You don't have to spend 90% of the game solo'ing, just be a little sociable. Being a heal-slut without a tank to slut on sounds pretty boring anyway.

Is it even possible to herofag in this game? You get so much more money robbing houses that it's not even funny, and there's no equivalent for people who want to RP as paladins. How does ZOS expect me to buy a horse if vendortrash sells for 3 gold each?

My instant gratification standards are not being met and it upsets me, how do I level up faster?

Shout out to the guys back at TG/DB times, when there was like just 10 of us and we wouldn't even reach bump limit and get page 10 killed.

Started from the bottom; now we're here. We made it.

Same. I enjoy the quests but after 13 straight hours of grinding them I'm level 16 and I don't understand a lot of the group dungeon mechanics or pvp or anything

Yeah but it's the mindset, 9/10 of my salt whisper are from NB that couldn't one bang me from stealth.

Thievery is so good because there's really very little consequence. But surely to be a true herofag you shouldn't care about not making as much money? You'll get enough for the basic horse (10,000) easily from quests, especially daily quests like crafting writs.

i wouldn't hold your breath just wait a few months after the housing update and it will drop back down when people get bored again

a little bit of shitposting always gets things going

>gets slammed 1v1
>gets slammed 1v3
>has to do a 1v5 to kill me
>then send /w about how shit I am and a troll friend request :^)
You can smell the 12 year olds from a mile away, they are so pathetic I'm considering deleting my own NB.

Nah it's been hitting bump limit since like SotH, I think were safe for a while.

In PVP, how do I be an unstoppable tank with so much defense that a dark blade will need two 10,000 time folded odachis just to pierce my first layer of armor?

I'm playing a NB but I'm a sword n board heavy armor magicka tank, am I ok

The most honourable thing to do is ditch the gank setup on the NB and try to be a stamsorc or stamdk, with the usual tremor/viper/X and heavy armour.

>honor
>in a video game
>not playing the way you like
>gimping yourself to appease other players
>wahh you can't play that class I don't think it's right!!
Who's the kid again?

I hear what you're saying user, but that is playing the way I like.

What if you like playing fair?

Yeah you're alright, there are alright NB out there, just a lot of fucking pussies out there like some cunt that followed me for like 500+ yard then I put down caltrops, traps, rune and sent me bunch of whisp like "wtf dude?!" What the fuck you expect me to do let you ap farm me from stealth.
Brah I am stam sorc but running clever alchemist, traniee and veil on azura.

Am I the only one getting time-out error message when trying to load up the game? Its bugging me like crazy

Just wear heavy and use s&s, stack resistances and mitigation, you could try using something like reactive armor set, since most ganker NBs will try to stun you this helps a lot, you do very little damage with a build like that though.

>t. NA player
Personally I cant play 2/3 proc set cancer, I just don't have fun knowing that there was literally no skill behind the kills.

>he thinks using a certain combination of appointed skills, class, and gear combinations that are implemented into the game for all to use isn't "fair"

Do the main quest of each zone and the guild quests, ignore everything else

also keep in mind that level 50 is only part of the way to the "real" level cap, so just take your time and enjoy the ride

The "skills" you're talking about are in two different categories. One being pressing the right combinations of skills for a multitude of time and the other being able to appropriately stalk and position yourself for an attack

oh yeah well your a dumb frogposter

T. Meme white knight

Farming dungeons and selling motifs, maybe? You kill baddies by the boatload and make your money selling notes on how their gear is contructed to tradesmen. Sounds like a win-win.

You're just trying to justify it to yourself. Non-shitters do both them things in tandem all the time without proc sets, that's literally git gud pvp basics.

Me trying to justify myself? Get real I sleep pretty damn good at night knowing I was intelligent enough to see the gaps and capitalize on the carelessness of others to farm AP. You're literally just some button spamming shitter. There's no difference in skill if you look at it objectively you always use the same combos and the same evasion techniques that fit the battle same as everyone else. Just because you got wallbanged by some 12 year old who's nuts haven't even dropped yet that just happened to be a NB. How about DK gank or sorcs dropping meteors
Get real and stop lying to yourself

does any one even do anything together in guild any more or is it just everyone doing their own private autism?
Shits depressing and lonely and i cant bring myself to play for more than 30 min any more before i desperately try to find another mmo to play and then do the same thing because no is doing anything there either.
>t. Blog poster
i just want friends

>he picks imperial
>he doesn't pick daggerfall covenant

have fun with your flea ridden beastmen, candy ass knife ears, and smelly nords (would gladly trade these orc savages for them, though)

>he willingly allies himself with niggers

LOL

>he doesn't want to ally himself with the strongest fighting races in tamriel, the mighty dessert coon and the rapey green niggers
>instead, he wants to ally with manlets, snowbacks, and blue fire Oompa Loompas
Get your shit together senpai the glorious white imperials can cleanse even the filthiest of races. It's simply the strongest alliance.

>he willingly allies himself with furries and mer

below niggers

do you put yourself out there? do you ask if anyone wants to do anything?

all the time then people then people don't say shit or very rarely they say "ya im up for ______ when im done with ______ " and then just log off in a few minutes.

What level are you? I'm down to do stuff with people all the time I'm just low level.

from my experiences people have never flaked and 9 times out of 10 respond with either 'yeah i'm down' or 'pass'

>you'll never trade your plain wife for a semen demon

What can I do to see how much damage I deal with all my attribute points into stamina and then with 0 in stamina without having to respec it?

also increasing stamina gives your more weapon damage but its never reflected in your weapon damage stat right? It's some kind of invisible final damage stat or something?

where are the formulas

Post the other pages!

290cp

I'm level 17, sorry senpai

Max stamina increases the scaling on your stamina based abilities. Don't know how though, formulas seem hard to come by since One Tamriel

I created an Orc DK but I kind of want to play a magic DK tank build now. Is Orc fine for that or am I forever gimped with a useless +6% stam?

Cooking looks strong af in this game..

Is it?

Forever gimp pay up shekels to change your race

I've bought the game while it was on sale, have been playing it throughout the holidays.

I rolled a Khajit Nightblade and have a couple of questions.

1) Melee skill animations look like shit. I watch my dragonknight comrades cast flashy flashthingies, and I am stuck with some blood-themed whatever.

2) Any tips for an archer? I've been using poison arrow + cripple as DoTs, strife for heal, and volley for AoE. I haven't unlocked the last skill yet (Snipe?).

3) Should I queue in random dungeons? I got in Banished Cells once, and the party was nearly obliterated on some boss chick with zappy spheres. Loot from the last boss is also meh.

4) Should I queue for PvP? I've heard there are zones with no >50lvl players, but I'm afraid that I don't have a lot of skills unlocked yet.

5) Should I try and unlock 2 traits for each item as quick as possible to be able to craft sets?

Overall, the game is pretty sweet, especially quest design. I've only seen a couple of maps so far, but it's been quite lovely.

Oh, and inventory/bank caps are retarded. And I think I've fucked up my trait leveling by researching useless traits. Also horse upgrades look like a scam.

dont do dungeons or pvp until max level, not worth it

yes research your traits

remember to enter stealth before attacking for a damage boost, stealth+Snipe will 1-2 shot most mobs

Fpbp

Thanks. Yeah, stealth has been pretty useful so far.

If I complete the majority of available quests, what (champion) level I would achieve? I've seen the anchor farming in action, and it looks retarded. If possible, I would just grind quests/dungeons.

>dunmer allying with filthy niggzards

Tesog NA guild is pretty friendly. Come join us, lad

Is that how it ends?

Need moar

The wife sounds nice though. She's not a good cook but that's a mundane thing, she clearly wants to be a good wife, but might not how. She's not a good conversationalist but maybe they just haven't found what to talk about. She's clearly not a good chef but if he doesn't tell her that he's tired of the same meal, how would she know? For all she knows, she cooks it every day because she thinks it's his favorite.

This is a good example of not communicating. If he just said "Hey, let's have something different tomorow", things might have been dandy.

Poor Adeena. I would be a better husband for her!

My cooking is high level so she wouldn't have to!

>i haven't already joined and that's the what i was talking about

It's pretty much required at endgame.

nightblades require stealth if you go stamina. As stam class you will mostly use weapon skills and buff yourself or use finishers/stealth of your class.
NB is a pretty meh class for a first character, end game it's a fun gankers though.

Archery in its current form is just for dots and the order you get skillsbis shitty, snipe is your main damage skill and will be the first one to unlock in next patch, Zoe fucked upland they know it.

Do daily dungeons, loot is very good but very random. I dungeons are easy mode, II dungeons are hardmode.

You'll do fuck all in pvp either way as a new player, prepare your bow, join a zero and queue in a below 50 campaign.

Always have research going on.

There are no useless traits, you need a select number of traits to craft good gear.
Does not matter which.

Horse shit is a scam yes but nothing to do about it.

alcasthq.com/draugr/#1468075459355-74ad0d17-cbf3 I can't seem to find in this guide how many points I put into health and stamina

Sorry, phone poster. Join a zerg in pvp.

Haven't look at the guild but if the option os between stam or health then all stam, use gear and food for anything else, is 90% of the time the answer

Does nierbot actually have a textured anus?

Is it weird that I find the way Winged Twilights sing to be cute?

And is the crafting ingredients linked entirely to your level? Or is there also an element to location?

Crafting mats is tied to your level and your rank with the actual crafting skill. So if you're level 49 with no skill points invested in Metalworking you'll find both Iron Ore and Ebony Ore. Maybe location plays a small part but it seems to take the backseat compared to the other two.

m8.

>*teleports behind you*
>Hehe, nothing personel, n'wa
>*Strikes with concealed weapon*
>I have you now! Take this! DEATHORU STRIKERU!
>*Summon evil twins from another plane of existence to finish the work*

The name of their abilities and how they work is straight out of a Japanese cartoon.

how hard is veteran vaults of madness

Right, that explains why I've started finding ore I won't be able to use for a few more levels.

so fucking hyped for TESO:Morrowind, holy shit

Fairly easy. Vaults of Madness is never that hard, just kinda... long.

Fairly easy, only dangerous mechanics are the ghost and the last boss.

Do not attack the boss when the ghost is linked to another player since they share damage.

An at the last boss, keep an eye on the background. If the braziers are getting lit with blue flames, get away from the middle. If the windows gets shattered, get into the middle.

ok thanks

Can someone explain heavy attack weaving? I keep casting Rapid Strikes then holding down the attack button but the attack keeps winding up after Rapid Strikes.