Would Americans buy a ute version of the Chevy SS?

Would Americans buy a ute version of the Chevy SS?

Is it true that the Chevy SS had major price drops because it wasn't selling well?

No. It's useless in winter and can't tow.

Only shitcunts drive them, so no

The SS flopped because there was no advertising for it, it was auto-only for a while, and they dressed it up to look like a Malibu. You really have to look to spot an SS.

A rebadged ute Commo sold as the El Camino would probably do really well, but it wouldnt be allowed because of how our fuel economy requirement system works.

Probably not, but it probably wouldn't cost a ton to move them in small numbers to America and complete assembly in a right hand drive configuration. It's a small market to cater to but they already have the resources, so I'm wondering why not.

>but it wouldnt be allowed because of how our fuel economy requirement system works.
actually it would be allowed. The reason we don't get the ute as the El Camino is due to the chicken tax. The chicken tax is a 25% tax on imported light trucks, which would send the price higher than the Silverado in the US. It's why the Subaru Brat was imported with seats in the bed, so it could be imported as a passenger car.

Just classify it as a truck.

Gas tank is behind rear axle so not legal for import and registration

see:
>The reason we don't get the ute as the El Camino is due to the chicken tax. The chicken tax is a 25% tax on imported light trucks, which would send the price higher than the Silverado in the US

Those loopholes have been closed after Chrysler called the PT Cruiser a truck and Chevy classed the H2 as a work truck.

Actually the loophole is still being exploited. Why do you think CUV's are so popular besides the fact women have no taste? CUV's are all classified as trucks to the EPA to help cheat CAFE standards

Actually with Trump deregulating environmental standards, apparently, wouldn't this make it easier to build utes?

sounds good to me maxiumum sleeper mode
>cant tow
>CANT TOW
you know nothing seppo

The government won't let Americans have utes.

Muh thunder from down under

>can't tow
lmao fuck off cunt they're great for towing shit.
too bad they're the most normie tier car you can get in aus and are only useful for attracting dero's, lebs, and the police.

Americans have hardly bought the Chevy SS

Lawlcanttowshit.

If it cant tow my trailer from park to park when I git evicted for noise and being rowdy then I ain't interested.

america here

would buy/10

>auto only

look i know the whole MANUEL IS GOD meme is never going to die but this had nothing to do with why the SS flopped. You think all those Mercs and Bimmers rolling off the lot have traditional manuals?

Most Americans didn't even KNOW about the SS, as you pointed out, and the styling was a major 'bleh'. It's also competing with GM's own products, the Caddy V-Sport models.

Excuse the autism of aussieness here seppos.

Anyway talking about actual cars why did the SS and GTO and the Cadillac catera and all the other incarnations of the commodore flop? The LS powered ones are fine.

Seppos explain yourselves why did u let Holden and vauhaul opel omegas die? Poms need not apply u never got the v8

Nigga you're talking about an Aussie 'muscle' RWD V8, auto only would cripple sales. The demographic that would consider this car are completely different to the people that would consider a BMW or Merc

It's not a muscle car, it's a sports sedan

If GM's plan was to try and market it alongside their own Camaro then shit, it would've failed regardless of how much advertising they put out.

this

>Australian El Camino
Fuck no

Why?

Ausfag here basically small utes got taxed into oblivion since the 90s to slow jdm imports.

Now yanks don't build small utes because of some weird tax and classification loophole that makes it cheaper to build large trucks instead and market them as luxury utes to get around the luxury car tax and the yank govt hard-on for taxing the shit out of smaller premium utes.

Weird as fuck the UK got them under the Vauxhall brand but seppos never even got a hilux or Ford ranger let alone all the other strange utes we have here in rooland

Has anybody here even seen an SS in real life?

I've literally only ever seen it as a pace car

Yes I'm aussie they are common as muck.

Yank cars are rare it's ironic huh

I'd buy it, except I can't afford it.

>Automatic only
>Maximum sleeper mode
That means you can fall asleep while driving right?

Yes the Aussie cars have truely aweful outdated autos made of pavlova.

Get the manual version only or swap in a t56 very popular over here in straya.

Alternatively just import one from aus and put up with rhd

saw one last week
lost my shit, passenger thought I was retarded

You will be seeing alot less since GM and Holden arnt making any more.

>HSV GTS has a 4L90 if you buy the auto
>Outdated
Nigga this is one of the best autos you can get

no

shit idea

Lower spec older more common autos are horrid especially the lower end ones with the ls as a option

I've seen five or six on the road between Detroit and Windsor-Essex since lots of burgers have family here

really need to get my hands on one, 2014 bases are under $35k here in California

Do it they are already getting expensive and collectable here in aus