freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/JsonUtility.ToJson.html
store.steampowered.com/app/526740/
steamspy.com/app/526740
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>repost from the end of last thread

Completely new to /agdg/ stuff

How would you go about implementing and templating a spell system?

I want to press a button and shoot a fireball. Then I want to press another button and switch to frost nova, etc.

Use enums instead of strings. Easiest way to select your spell would be to have an enum for the spell which you switch on whenever you need something spell-specific (like casting).

finished most of the platforming stuff of my ror clone

I want to create a mecha game with customization like Armored Core. How do I make and animate separate body parts and have them fit together, even when they could be different shapes and sizes?

Are you using unity? If yes, just make a bunch of prefabs and then put them in a list.

as long as you are parenting the body parts to the same bones on the rig, they will deform the same no matter what they look like. this is how dota 2 can have a bunch of radically different cosmetics.

ok thousands was a little too much

hundreds tho is pretty good and hundreds is hundreds too much when the magical functionality i want exists all-powerful in the editor

EVEN if there was a magical way of transforming shit like that into "prefabs" you'd still have to do a truckload of work, believe me. It's not something super damn hard or that takes too long, and by the end you'll feel good for it.

The problem is I need to have different armatures for different parts. For example having a part with 4 legs, and a part with 2 legs. A body that is wider, so the arms need to be further out. Some arms might be humanoid arms, or just guns mounted to the arm joints.

I did it senpai.

Still need to make a swim animation.

or you could just have one skeleton and deal with the slightly less varied result in exchange for an actual game
scope your shit nigga

>Tfw your gf asks if she can be in your game
>Tfw you show her and she gets super excited
I know the text is fucking lame, but she loves it.

I want every spell to based off of the same template

It's cute. If I didn't know the details I would think it's just another quirky NPC.

Nobody cares about your gf. Try your blog.

Is your gf a zombie?

> using a font with no apostrophes in it

>dating a raichu

So do you not know? I can't seem to find anything helpful on google, I might not be searching the correct terms.

but there IS A MAGICAL WAY, it's RIGHT IN THE FUCKING EDITOR and it requires NO WORK

who cares if it's hard or not, that's not even the issue. it's not some sort of fun challenge that you're supposed to overcome after which you masturbate to the thought of being able to serialize your fucking data as if that's some sort of amazing accomplishment, it's a boring as fuck boilerplate-type problem which has already been solved in the editor but for some reason, i have to jump through hoops to recreate the functionality when it should be as easy as typing CREATEPREFAB(GAMEOBJECT, FILENAME, DIRECTORY) and then LOADPREFAB(DIRECTORY, FILENAME). it's working exactly like that in the editor you fucking sperglord.

Your font is trash and McKenna is a garbage name.

2 planes losing radar contact on each other, with last known position and projected possible position based of known velocity

-

>when Unity supports something Unity fags mock enginedevs for doing it themselves
>when Unity doesn't support something Unity fags act condescending toward people who don't want to do it themselves
Really makes you think.

Nigger stop being retarded you can do it in LITERALLY 15 minutes

Anyone got any idea on how google's halloween game works? It's pretty smooth when you're trying to draw the right shape but its also accepts some pretty wonky shapes as the right shape

Fantastic work.

As long as all parts have the same basic skeleton and animation it's not much of a problem. If you wanna go deeper and have mechs with completely different body shapes you'd have to have separate arm, upper and lower body skeletons. This literally doubles the complexity of pretty much everything, which is why I don't bother with it (for now).

they probably use neural networks.

Just make a game you fucking crybaby.

WOAH, SO HARD TO SERIALIZE TO EVEN FUCKING JSON AND DESERIALIZE FROM IT WOAH

docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/JsonUtility.ToJson.html

faggot

Not him but what are you complaining about exactly? The fact that you have to write your own serialization if you want the players to save their level?

Unity shouldn't be the one doing that. In fact, I'm glad that they didn't considering the fucking mess that is their serialization system.
And no it doesn't require a hundred lines of code if your code behind is clean enough.

What's the best way to output a video in unity (for posting on here, probably)?

Thanks!

Sorry I ruined your night, user.

I just grabbed something blocky looking and it ended up being really shitty, haven't bothered to change it yet. And I really like her name!

>shape recognition
sheeiet

any capture software?

you have shit taste.
is that guy really having trouble understanding json?

Nigga is whining because he doesn't want to write 50 lines of code

For each input action, spawn a different projectile. If you want, you can make a look-up array for each key which points to the correct projectile.

shadowplay.

sorry senpai you are objectively incorrect and it's all your girlfriend's fault for not being born with a cooler name like MAX POWER

that's nice?

Not him but it's the fact that Unity internally serializes/deserializes automatically but allegedly doesn't expose that functionality to the user.

It's something that every game needs in some sense, and even if it's not optimal it's suitable for prototypes or for when you just want to work on other stuff first and optimize later.

>tfw the latest competitor in your genre is complete trash

nVidia shadowplay

What's the genre?

Making characters is f.u.n.
Fucking Unbelievable Nightmare

hacking sim
store.steampowered.com/app/526740/

Is Unity the Java of game engines?

That's one ugly character, user. I hope that's what you were going for.

I'm not sure that it does though, it rejects some scribbles but accepts others when neither are anything like the target shape.

I've got some shape recognition working atm but I want something as ez (for the player) as google's. At the moment you have to be pretty accurate with my system

5 dorrah sucky sucky?

>It's something that every game
Well, let me tell you something.

While I agree with the guy, and you, Unity has proven multiple times to not be able to have basic NEEDED functionalities. It's something that I've learned to deal with and he should too as long as we're using that engine.

Another point is, there is actually a supposed serialization Unity system exposed to the user and it's the "serialized object" system.
Let me tell you one thing, this system is such a clusterfuck and so inefficient as long as development time is concerned that literally any thread in the official board about it ends with a "roll your own JSON/binary/whatever system instead".

I think that Unity gets away with it because most devs don't need to go that deep or solve all of their problems with the Unity Asset Store TM, and also because people like me still don't feel like switching to something else right now because it would mean re-implementing all of our tools and this is the same as starting everything from scratch.

>store.steampowered.com/app/526740/
>Mostly Positive (579 reviews)
wow that's still in the tens of thousands of sales
seems like a massively under served market

Animating is even worse.

steamspy.com/app/526740
>Owners: 20,062 ± 3,755
>for this crap
Is releasing on steam really this easy?

>store.steampowered.com/app/526740/
honestly, nothing has beaten Uplink for me, the rest have had trouble with the difficulty curve. It's either near impossible or trivial.

edge cases produce further deviation in neural networks. which is why if someone draws a dog for a duck prompt and it takes it because it was 51% sure it was right, then it will take more dogs because of it. etc etc.
training a dynamic system will allow it to be smoother, but have random edge cases.

>seems like a massively under served market
It is, the flagship of the genre is 15 years old, and the best current one (with 300k+ units sold) doesn't really have gameplay, just good presentation

the information on the steam page leads me to believe the person who developed this game doesn't know much about hacking
plus, there are some grammatical errors and typos and shit on the steam page, which usually turn people off instantly

It looks like an untapped niche, people are willing to buy it because there are not enough games in the genre

>we are going to hack Sony and Microsoft
how did they get away with using those names? shouldn't they have to say Fony and Nicrosoft?

Its actually worse than it looks, the graphics are just screengrabs so the buttons don't do anything and sometimes its scaled such that the text is unreadable (and in Russian)

>realize some level generation is doing a ton of dumb things like leaving collisions enabled on objects sealed off from all collisions with the player
>fix that
>levels load 80% faster
>still haven't even optimized other core things

They used the Windows XP startup sound, must be they are in Russia and have zero hecks to give about copyright

They made a game and released it though.

And got payed for it. The seedy indie steam underground is lucrative man. Especially since Russian money ain't worth shit

>he gets the right password from the "program"
>enters correct password
>"incorrect login or password"
>"Congratulation you're in!"
the lack of effort is astounding. Are gamers retarded?

Pretty much, and it sometimes makes me think I should just open up joke projects, tweak to be a complete game, and push it out there.

Currently drawing up chests, status effects, and a fuckton of trinkets.

What's a good color that's higher tier than red, but goes well with gold?

I'm stealing this.
purple goes well with gold, but you are already using it for the super chest.
you could do pink.

gold as the base color, silver accent

Yep. I guess its a good thing I'm making a crappy JRPG, hahahhaasldadjsfsjdgnkldfg.
Fishsquidunicorns are pretty ugly in real life too.

that's obviously a fat black woman with nigger lips.
you are gonna catch flack for it.

>progresso

HUEUEUHEHUEUHEHUEHUEHUHUEHUEHUEUHE

e ai beleza?

thanks for the art :^)

Mobile VR is cool.

Anyone else dabbled in anything VR?

Mobile VR has hand tracking?

It's daydream.

Rotational tracking.

Using IK stuff to make it feel like real tracking.

The people that would assume its a parody of "their" race are more raysiss than I could ever hope to be probably. I don't care.
I named it after the soup,
I don't speak chinese, sorry.

are you actually just retarded? they have written it. it's in the editor. have you ever dragged something from the hierarchy into your asset browser? that's serialization. they're calling it prefabs but it's literally just serialized data.
WOW BRO NOW I CAN TURN THESE PRIMTIVES INTO JSON INSTEAD OF BINARY WOW DUDE GOOD JOB THANKS THAT HELPS
uh-huh

holy shit

cyber samauri?

>"if you want the players to save their level"
>dragged something from the hierarchy into your asset browser
Before calling people retards you should try to learn to read.

cyber samurai rhythm game.

I'm going for a rhythm game version of Infinity Blade with VR.

Glad this is still alive, I like the art.

>reading about neural networks
>making one is ezpz
>training it requires a doctorate in theoretical mathematics

train it on the sourceposter

Daww
Work on the font though, jesus.

do you even know what a prefab is? i don't even know why you're trying to argue with me when you 're clearly a tutorial-tier baby. it's time to stop buddy. it's cool that you know how to serialize primitives but sadly, sometimes it's just not as easy as variable=data. you'll learn eventually.

Psshhh, I doubt any black person would care. (*cough* I'm black and obviously speak for all black people *cough*)

It's character type that a lot of *ahem* "black media" uses... the *ahem*(Douchebag viner voice) RACHET ASS BIATCH *cough* character type.

All shits and giggles aside, it's fine.

I'll repeat : learn to read.

i reread everything just in case, you're retarded. stop replying. go kys

Modified wall-kicking so now it should be extremely easy to do (just press the jump button while hugging wall) and hopefully it should feel a bit smoother. Also, jumping and hitting your head on the ceiling no longer makes you instantly start to fall downwards hopefully, and fixed a really silly bug involving ceilings.

I'll repeat : learn to read.

>kys poster
Figures.

kys kys fall in love!

Here's my nearly functional battle system. Hopefully it actually makes a bit of sense now.

I'm seeing a lot of stuff about Steam sales here.
Does SteamSpy take in the 30% Steam takes from a game's sales?

Ara-ara, user-kun~~
Would it really be okay with an old slime like me?

read what? i've complained about having to write my own serialization code because i don't have access to how unity does it under the hood. your argument was what? what amazing insight didn't i read?
this?

>"i want to serialize data outside of the editor"
>"i serialized something inside the editor"
"learn to read"

it's exactly why i'm calling you retarded. you think you made some sort of amazing argument because you don't understand the relation. am i wrong? you make no arguments anywhere, you're just ignorant. again, kys

I still have no idea what the fuck is going on here, user.

that looks amazing
it makes me want to know what the fuck that little guy is

Was fiddling around in blender, and accidentally made a Silent Hill crate.