/domg/ - Dominions General

Local man sees the results of his genious scripting Edition

Previous thread Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuklearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first
>Remove Ghosts First

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

first for maximexibless

Try something more kawaii next time

que?

Bumping for innovative strategy

r8 my mod

needs black plate sprite/10

Did Innovative Lemuria actually win that?

yes, but I didn't actually run these scales.

Could you break down the innovative Lemuria for me, please?

The actual strat was literally just a generic lemuria build. The only 'innovative' thing I did was play aggressively with ghosts and crossbows and use summod's cheaper mage-ghosts for early-midgame evo.

Oh. I thought you were some kind of pioneer in the field of meme strategies. I guess not.

Sorry, it was only a meme

Xibalba in a nutshell.

Bumping with a Megumeme.

How'd that work out for you?

I fought a 1v5 and won
It was mostly them being bad

>It was mostly them being bad
This is my favorite strategy.

As one of the bad ones I can confirm. Someone good as my nation would have wrecked your face and the majority of the others just crumpled and made it harder for me to fight you.

>1v5
That's still pretty impressive, tbqh

did they not mass priests and death mages or something?

More just responding poorly to many attacks across a wide border. Deathballing and shedding provinces/getting hit by WoD or splitting up too small and losing guys to middling stacks of ghosts with mage/crossbow support. One of the players tried to avoid committing and just taking stuff that was easy in the hopes that other players would lose more. That sort of thing.

There were missing battle tactics too (fire elementals and antimagic are pretty good at making ghosts sad and only one player really used them) but it was mostly just strategic movement.

Ghosts have pretty good MR at base, and good Astral access. Massed priests are a waste of money.

how do i play niffleheim mid and late era

Modding.

Jotunheim is MA Niefel equivalent
Utgard is LA Niefel equivalent

Jotunheim is probably the strongest of all three

how so?

Vaetti Hags can be recruited in forest provinces with only a lab; they're only 5 research but they're cheap enough that it doesnt matter; massing them for research makes Jotunheim fast to start up (though they dont ramp like the best; just a lot more oomph to their research early)

Hags also get SNDB?1 which makes them useable as battle support or communion/sabbath slaves
Besides that Jotun/Utgard get one more national sacred summon than Niefel: the Glosos.
It's mostly good because you summon 9 for 13 death gems and it has trample (albeit at size 3). It's not a centre point of your strats but it does add a good amount of variety

Downside is you dont get Niefel Giants but the Jotunheim mid and late game is much stronger than Niefel, just at the cost of a less landslidey early game

I'm not an amazing player though so I've probably missed some things or given mixed advice here

You also still get Skratti, which are amazingly versatile.

oh yeah I've been meaning to ask what is best gear for cheap thug on them and what is best for low tier SC?

Frost Brand, Vine Shield, Shroud. If you don't have an Ex bless, maybe reinvig shoes/belt as well. Further Resists/antimagic If Necessary.

They're pretty much into the low-tier SC range at that. One of them won't reliably take a mage supported army, but I've taken out armies with two or three. Just remember and start them in werewolf mode or they'll drop their gear.

Protection is too low for Shroud to be enough without E9; what else can I do to boost it just a little extra if I have a different bless?

oh and considering how negligible 5 blood slaves are with how much blood hunting I can do is ring of the warrior worth it?
obviously it's not an amazing item but it's cheap as hell on any hunting eco I've ever run as Jotun.

I SWEAR ON ME MUM

Game: DontStaleDesuSenpai
Turn number 8
Next turn due: 21:16 GMT on Friday January 6th

Abysia 2h file received
>Caelum Waiting for 2h file
Ermor 2h file received
Marverni 2h file received
Mictlan 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
Oceania 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received

admin had normies pull him away from the game for a day or two

we got 5 turns done in one day though so dwi

>letting anything interfere with your turns
He should commit sudoku

They've got 9 base prot. Shroud takes it to 14. Not ideal, but plenty enough with Liquid Body and 10 HP regen a turn.

>we got 5 turns done in one day
It's never enough, but I agree we shouldn't get angry
Have cute cade

>Local man sees the results of his genious scripting Edition
Every time. Especially when I first see victory in the battle report and then I find out my side was hanging on by a fucking thread until the attackers got bored of killing so many mages and left.

I dont know if I like this version of this webm or the original better for representing Ermor

>40 enemies
>"0 kills" either side
>Death 1 mages summoned a few skellies then spammed fear
>PD and skellies died by the droves
>and then the enemies just left

god I love trample
Glosos are size 3 but without them and with same numbers of just garmhirdings this would be 5+ deaths on my side

Also are Bone Tribe worth recruiting? I figure the berserking gives them a big edge over other indie chaff

If you're going to post a new thread, use a proper, related image. If you don't have one, don't post one.

In fact, let me show you how it's done.

Proper thread:

lets not start this "proper thread shit" like other generals do, it's just retarded considering how small our community is

Multiple people have complained about thread image before, including me. I want new players, and unrelated images that makes it looks like any stale old general will not help. It was bad enough we had weebshit over the entire steam sale.

You suck, stop

except we had more new players then ever with the weeb shit

current pic is gr8 though
thinking otherwise is sonics arms are blue level autism

So the little vampire girls you let slide by but the moment it is a guy going from happy to angry through shock and disbelief in response to battle reports its time to start thread wars. You're sending pretty strong signals about your taste in weeb stuff.

The vampire pedobait was also bad, but it was the start of this current trend of weebshit. I made a new thread today because there's been enough bad anime images lately.

People complained about the lolis too.

by "people" you mean 2-3 autists

the lolis are bad
making split threads is worse

>They disagrees with my opinion and have rationally complained in numerous other threads in the past

>better call them autists, that'll show'em

Come on guys, you are better than this. Less offtopic arguing and more memes.

>rationally complained
if by rationally you mean >what is this weebshit!
then yes rationally, and yes you can't simply take the complaints of 2-3 people and argue that this makes a good enough reason to just make your own thread in the middle of another thread and tell everyone to move

the correct decision is to wait for the thread to die then make the thread yourself before anyone else so we would move on to it

Calling people autists in /domg/ is really not saying anything.

Nice try OP

>I know exactly how many people had and vocalized an opinion

neither do you so I can make generalizations just like you malakal

I'm not defending split threads, just noting that people did actually complain about the cirnobait threads.

I didn't make any generalizations. I said that people did complain, and the user saying it was only two people had no way of knowing that to be true.

Do you have a diplo detector user?

was this choreographed?

The power of memes destroys the shitposter

>Not understanding greentext's use in highlighting logical shortcomings
Lurk plz

Once again poor Oceania has been bullied by vicious brutes

I'll bully your green hole.

Remember that cleansing water is the best use of water magic!

Looks like someone just cast a battlefield spell to remove useless chaff.

Mods, I was complaining about shitposting and urging people to play the game. Pls stop bullying

>jumping on the war bandwagon
>against a water nation
>as Abysia
what did they mean by this?

>in winter

not to mention abysia has the poorest expansion of out everyone and took a F9 bless

Eh, berserker doesn't really factor in due to their low prot and human HP. They'll either die or get an affliction if they get hit. Their main advantage is their Bone Readers, which let you break into Death.

I meant an edge more for the enhanced morale from glancing blows than anything else.

If I cast Growing Fury would they then be better than most indie chaff in the same situation?

>implying

>3MB
who the fuck made this a png fucking hell

Me.

why would you not use a sane format

Because it was a screenshot from a long time ago.

Admin can you resend?
t. Ermor

did you not get turn 9?
not admin btw

also checked your junk?

>also checked your junk?
Fuck, it never ended up in the junk. That did it. Thank you

Bone Tribe Hunters are good expanding chaff, since they hit pretty hard and berserk gives them a nice morale and stat boost if they survive the initial hit. Complete trash beyond the first year though.

you know anyone can resend turns to themselves right?

I have llamaserver in contacts specifically to avoid this. It flags as spam in algorithms I think.

BACK IN BLACK, I HIT THE SACK

Does anyone hold on to old saved games that aren't in progress?
I deleted all my blitz game aftermaths recently and regretted it soon after

I know breh, but since they ended up in junk without me knowing about it, I thought asking for help wasn't such a bad idea. Better than stalling.

I do. It's useful sometimes.

I keep them in my email inbox so I can download all the turns and look through the whole game once it's done

that's smart

is it possible to master password and look at graphs after a game end?

I staled like 10 times before realizing this was a thing. I assumed there were 10milllion badmin extensions.