Ford Fiesta -- shit car or an okay car?

So my RX-7 became a project car, and went to a dealer and bought... a Ford Fiesta hatch SE

Has anyone test driven/purchased Ford Fiestas? I just got one not but 2/3 weeks ago. I saw the ST for 32k but went for the 16k SE

Specs: Ford Fiesta SE
1.6 inline
Hatchback
5 speed manual

A few weeks of driving it feels pretty good. The handling is nice, it has okay to good acceleration for a NA vehicle, and its actually fun to drive casually.

I could have gotten the ST, but was just outside my range of value ( I'm working on my RX-7 FC in my garage, currently needs new clutch, radiator, wiring, alternator, installed a turbo so it needs a ton of shit.)

Other urls found in this thread:

desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5953601981.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's a shit box.

A Ford shit box. 16k could have gotten you a great used car a few years old.

>ST for 32k

You must be canadian.

You're asking about it AFTER you bought it?

Whoah...
Are you me?

First off, the fiesta is a great modern shitbox. You're lucky you got the manual because the auto is utter shit sometimes. Also be prepared for a rattling interior by 40k miles.

I'm at 60k and there's no rattling.

Let me know how far you drive before that tranny blows.

I'm interested in why you say its a shit box.

So far I have done three things with it.
- power slide, in to a four wheel drift
- topped off on the highway at around 122mph (6.1k rpms 5th gear)
- out-drive some shitty ricer whose old Honda could not turn in hairpin corners

checked. Yes, I'm like you somehow. Nice FC's btw

And Manual feels a lot better than auto

Good if you're a manlet or a woman. They're light, so they accelerate fast with tiny engines and handle really well.

I don't like them, but that's because I'm too tall and lanky to fit in them comfortably, and need something that can do 80MPH for hours without wiggling in crosswinds.

Good car if you're a girl. OK car if you're a guy with an ST.

You could have just gotten a 4cyl mustang instead though. Why would you pick the fiesta over a mustang?

4 cylinder mustang is like $4k more

Plus its more expensive to insure

Not really in the same class at all

This

Let me first ask you how you got this shitbox to 122mph? Was that speedometer indicated or gps? I can't get mine past 119mph

Im 6'5' and fit in my Fiesta better than my old Jeep Wrangler

I've been driving my Fiesta SE for about two years now and it's been a great car so far.

Does what it's suppose to do which is get good fuel economy and transport me from A to B.

Mine is also equipped with the 5-speed gearbox and I haven't had any troubles as of yet.

Electric power steering and electronic throttle?

a very long straight on the interstate at 4 am in the morning

I tried for 5 miles straight on the 520 in Florida headed towards the beach in broad daylight and couldn't get it there.

Downhill maybe. felt light a flat straight but I live in North GA, may have been a downhill.

He said 5spd manual, not the DCT

The 5 and 6 manuels on these are stupidly solid.

You could get a nice used ST for that price.

desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/5953601981.html

>122mph

LMAO, the 5 speed fiesta cant do that m8.

>stupidly solid.
you need to go back to Ford's shill training user.

>Normies like the autotragic even though it has problems
Huh who would've thunk

>Most people get autotragic
>Autotragic has problem
>Most reported problem becomes tranny problems

Really activated my almonds

That's because of the DCT, which the fiesta shares with the focus. DCT failure is widely documented and has TSBs AND recalls

The manuals do not.

And you need to learn how to do basic research instead of grabbing the first infographic and applying values not represented in it. I don't even own one of these cars, I just happen to know about them

But mine is a 2016 Ford Fiesta SE

and the 2017 ST I liked at was brand fucking new at 30k (was all out monster price)

so why are you all assuming I drive auto when manual is better?

>- power slide, in to a four wheel drift

these cars have a cheap torsion beam rear, makes it easy to get the rear loose, also a short wheel base which helps with that, the problem is for a normie this usually means a spinout, irs is better but not usually implemented in that class of vehicle but most other manufacturers like hyundai are even switching their cheaper models to irs.

>DCT

OP here

Thank you for that info. I'm trying to learn more about my Fiesta. Its not easy transitioning from my RX-7 to a Fiesta (FR TO FF) and I noticed the amount of play in the steering wheel is almost nothing.

I don't abuse the steering or transmission and learned quickly how to key in on power/weight transfer on FF's and FR's. I understand the big difference in FR styled cars and FF's.

I like my Fiesta SE, but do regret not investing in an ST. The SE is just a non-turbo ST without all the little badges, upgraded wheels and fancy-pansy accessories (the manual for the ST shows me the turbo which separates the ST from the SE, maybe the chassis, but it feels pretty unique compared to other Fiesta LE, Ecoboost)

Yes, that's what I said.

the DCT Ford chose has had massive failure. I do not own or drive a DCT car, a Fiesta, or any other Ford product.