/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Do Your Part edition
previous ded: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-IGAfX-bwI
Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

C'mon now.

first for meme gun

oh ;__;

First for shut the fuck up I know what I'm doing.

>mods = gods
Ok, what happened? Kerbal shitposters again?

seventh for #1

No seriously.

Just one or two really dedicated shitposters.

only (you) can fight the green menace

Oh boy laddies, it's really heatin' up in here.

'ayy matie. We're comin' hot 'ow ya see?

This mod actually made factorio interesting to play after the 20 hour mark. Holy shit.

I just started with factorio. I keep getting raped in the 4th mission of new hope campaign.
Can't seem to construct the plane before I get raped by a bunch of behemoth fuckers, I didn't expect this game to actually be hard.

>>playing campaign
My man the goal of factorio is building a factory so large it causes framedrops in a fucking sprite based game on a high end video card.

No bully now.

The campaign is good to learn the game. He did say he just started.

Focus on more defenses early on. If you wait until you actually need them to make turrets and walls you're likely to be overrun.

My tip is to set up a small thing that collects stone and crafts walls to dump in a chest, then use those walls to completely surround your base.

Did you guys ever figure out the definition of engineering?

I messed up my engineering and accidentally'd the relay sat before it got to its orbit xD

youtube.com/watch?v=s-IGAfX-bwI

I find it entertaining and fun.

I think I'm just going to build a fuckton of steam engines so I dont run out of energy since it seems I'll need to use all the laser turrets that the game gives me.

When using laser turrets the accumulators are a necessity, more the better. Then when the turrets start firing it will suck the power from those instead and things won't start shutting down immediately.

Goddammit marek
Does multiplayer work?

Accumulators are entirely necessary.

Negative fug

/egg/ KSP DMP server when

I want to start planning my ships for /svgg/ games, but my drawing ability is abysmal.
Are there any easy to use 3d things for this kind of shit?

I get you, problem is that I have to research those and I dont have enough time, I think.
Unless I say fuck everything and get +8 research labs, maybe I'll do that next time.

No, wait at least 2 more years to be stable on singleplayer part, then ask again.

reeeeee

Never ending kerbniggers eternally banevading
did someone give the doxxed info to cripplechan?
if this keeps going, it would honestly be justifiable to do so

The one that was doxed fucked off a while ago, this is a different one.
Though it would still be funny.

cat penis

kerbals would leave if there was a /kspg/

>You morons doxxed a kspger that none of the others cared about.

So you should be using more normal turrets, set them near the edge of your area and surround them with walls.

Either set up an automatic ammo feed or go back to dump more in every now and then.

There is. It's on /trash/. What's the problem?

It's literally on /trash/ you faggots

no, it isn't.

Then make it and get the fuck out of here.

Then go make it you low functioning autistic shit

But I don't even like KSP I was just explaining why there were kerbalposters here

we're not leaving

Do you need the attention that badly?

No, /kspg/ left for discord long ago
It's just one or two butthurt autistic fucks who need attention.

Ha, you're funny. X^DDDDDDDD

guy from yesterday here
when i think about opening up my career save again i just kinda think about swallowing a tiny gun with a piece of floss tied to the trigger and then pulling it while it's in my stomach and dying of internal bleeding instead of grinding to the point where i can get some goddamn solar panels
so i don't think i'll be continuing that
sorry if anyone is disappointed, but i will try to post other things that don't involve career mode or old screenshots like this one

a

Why are you shitposting about a game you hate to a bunch of people who don't like you? Go post on your tumblr or just kill yourself and get it over with.

That's easy, you just need to run spengies in the background.
Jokes aside, you're a fucking idiot for claiming the goal of freeplay is anything else than launching a rocket.

My man, rockets are the meme you're chasing toward to produce something. After rocket #1, its a rocket every 60 seconds.

That's all in your head.
The victory screen appears after the first launch.

>empyrion has literally no way to craft basic gear on your own when you are all alone as a spaceman stranded on a planet

>cant space suit has no basic built in functions like a weak as fuck mining laser to gather ores and build a basic survival constructor so you can make things

>can even have an inventory overflowing with ores, but lol, no way to manufacture anything at all without a base that has factorys

>forced to literally just stand there and wait till you die

Don't worry.

You can commit suicide using the button in the inventory.

if only real life had that option

>the victory screens in your head don't matter

For what purpose is there a cat?

for sucking it's dick

So he can aim for the pussy?
I dunno, most shit in that series is just there to be cool

I'd thought there'd be some kind of really chuuni attempt at making a deep reason why there needed to be a cat on his memevolver

his
his dick

Hey I have that image somewhere too
I think I have a thing for obviously stupid amounts of DAKKA

i am cuddling with my cat
he is adorable and i bet no one in /egg/ has a cat cuter than him

Can this be done in spengies yet

>Can it be done?
Yes
>Will it CLANG?
Yes

>In low orbit pattern
>Get above target
>Landing vehicle section releases
>M113 just drops through the atmosphere and burns up

Question: why is KSP banned on Veeky Forums when the rules don't specify that KSP is banned?
Veeky Forums.org/rules#vg

tfw no crew update

tfw no update of substance
ever
for any game
apart from Besiege, they update slow but do actually do stuff

>besiege
I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO RACK AND PINION SETUPS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>rack and pinon
Oh ye of little autism~

This question is fair, but it's globally banned due to rampant extreme circlejerk shitposting.

I tried making reversed tank treads but they were too jenky to support what I wanted to do.
I also tried a bunch of stuff with ropes.
As well as trying to use locked gears as a rack.

I just don't know what to do.

I just learnt how to say 'how about/would you like' in japanese, due to two weeaboos arguing over translating a sentence relating to giving titjobs.

Also, I vote LogicBots for best recent /egg/ game.

nice blog faggot

Oh yeah, faggot? Why don't you tell me what /egg/ game you like best then

>fall into strange mood
>snap out of it many hours later half way through a big build

Df is real. fug

/seg/ rides eternal

The ded has died
Long live the ded

yee

I want to do a comfy.
What /egg/ is best for comfy?

Can this actually be done in a halfway reliable fashion in any game?

All /egg/s that provide some sort of survival aspect are comfy, but you have to work for your comf. However, nothing beats justing standing in your personally built, pressurised asteroid base, safe from the vast cold emptiness of space just outside your window.

Great, time to start up spengos again.

>You have been kicked for not having EAC enabled
>just start the EACLauncher guise ;)
>you have been for not having EAC enabled

Isn't there a thing you have to check first or something?

it's enabled, it just kicks you mid game

Left or right?

Fluid logic is literally retarded, fuck if I know.

Ftd is very stable which boosts comfy levels imo.

I'd have to redownload it, though, and detail AESTHETICS are lacking a bit.

Test them.

Entirely user error.
DUMP THE PRE-DREADNAUGHTS

Just saying. SPengos is great but the constant crashing and other fun makes it the opposite of comfy most of the time.

>detail AESTHETICS
This does not help you build things.

The character controls are floaty as fuck which is the opposite of comfy

It helps the comfy, though.

Don't use the little robot. He's stupid. I put him in a chair and then never touch him, telephoning him to the chain in whatever ship I need him in. The only thing he's good for is sitting at the front of a small fast ship and ramming things that are AI dead for capture.