imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8

>Texture replacements
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SM2dHT20xTWlieGc

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/zoaklenmod.41161/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/imksushis-mod.34233/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/boss-checklist-in-game-progression-checklist.50668/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/released-wip-calamity-mod.44065/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/max-stack.36775/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-thorium-mod.40788/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tremor-remastered.28695/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/prefixes-for-enemies.40620/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/expeditions-mod-modular-quest-system.52517/
forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/experience-and-classes.53048/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Rolling

rollan

no......

pls no die

What are good magic weapons for someone who is up to mechanical bosses?

Fuck, didn't mean to quote. Apologies--I'm clearly retarded.

Nimbus rod, golden shower, sky fracture.

no

Dead game. Dead thread. Let it go.

my dead npcs don't spawn. how many ingame day do i need?

It's random. Just make sure your houses are suitable and then pray.

What boss/invasion raped and pillaged your home this time?

So far, having summoner is easy mode. With the exception of DPS focused things like the Pumpkin moon, it's just a case of dodging while everything else dies eventually.

>this time
i'm not "that" guy. i don't know who he is. but destroyer destroyed my house and i destroyed his mechanic anus. megashark time baby!

i wanna get an optic staff, but black lenses are extremely rare. is there a dps equivalent for summoner which is not rare?

When does summoner become viable in Expert Hard?

Hey, Comfy Bunker guy again. I added all your suggestions: Bathroom (with ducky shower curtain), radio tower, and utilised the 3D doorway teleporter trick for the armory.

How's it looking now?

Can eater of worlds drop frozen key if killed in corrupted snow biome?

In theory, any enemy that dies in a certain biome can drop that biome's key.

I killed him 12 times and he still hasn't dropped it that stupid worm

Mate, the keys have a very low drop chance. Go build a proper farm instead of killing a boss over and over again.

what type of server would you guys wanna see? tmodloader or general building?

PVP might be interesting to run every now and then.

Are starbound questions ok to ask here?

Is this the Starbound General or the Starbound Forums?

There is no starbound general, theyre basically the same game anyway.

>theyre basically the same game anyway
Kill you are self.

?

honestly go ahead, both games are dead right now, it'd be best just to have this be a terraria starbound general, instead of having this slow ass terraria close to 404ing all the time

I'd rather have this thread die than have it become the shitfest that was when Terraria and Starbound were both allowed.
This is the Terraria General, if you want to talk about Starbound, Windforge or any other Terraria clone, go talk about them in some other thread.

Aren't you noble,
fucking autist.

Tiki with the ufo summon.

>terraria """"""""PVP""""""""
>spamfest of meowmere everywhere

Trying to think of a solution to the issue that mana potions are useless, please help me out.
Let's say there was a new tinker for the mana regen band and the philosopher's stone, aimed at reducing the penalty inflicted by mana sickness. Should it
>reduce the initial damage penalty from -25% magic damage to something like -10% magic damage, and reduce the maximum percentage from -50% to around -30%
>make mana potions only have a 50% chance to inflict mana sickness
>lock the damage penalty at 25%
>decrease the duration from 5 seconds to 2-3 seconds

Ideas unrelated to an accessory:
>make it so the initial debuff doesn't do anything, but if you drink a mana potion with the debuff still up, then you get the damage penalty
>just make mana sickness the same as potion sickness but with a reduced duration

Did you build your entire base around those trees?

the thing that sucks about mana is you run out so fast, constnatly spamming the J button

Neat.

rawl

I'm going to host a new dedicated tmodloader server with nine mods soon, (you can easily install these mods from within the game/tmodloader interface if you wish to join)

1. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/zoaklenmod.41161/
2. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/imksushis-mod.34233/
3. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/boss-checklist-in-game-progression-checklist.50668/
4. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/released-wip-calamity-mod.44065/
5. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/max-stack.36775/
6. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-thorium-mod.40788/
7. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/tremor-remastered.28695/
8. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/prefixes-for-enemies.40620/
9. forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/expeditions-mod-modular-quest-system.52517/

how to git gud at not getting hit?

You could always try the "learn to swim by drowning" approach and edit your character to have like 1 health, then throw yourself at the game until the frustration of dying instantly pushes you to a breakthrough.

173.199.74.222:7777

We are live

>3 giant trees right near spawn
>0 living looms
What gives? I thought they were basically guaranteed.

Is there a way to make a vertical "door" for NPCs? Such as having them down in a pit, and the only opening is above them.

Trapdoors count as doors. Platforms count as doors. Shit, son, pretty much everything counts as a door in this game. You don't need actual doors.

Rolling Stone

bitch ass unicorns doesn't spawn

>forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/max-stack.36775/
Thank you for letting me learn about this.

>Friend and I find the game boring in single player, too easy once you get gear in expert mode
>Friend and I do Steam Multiplayer
>Fresh characters, fresh world on expert
>Other than King Slime, we get stomped hard on the very things we had no problem with when playing alone

Do the Expert mode bosses get harder in multiplayer? I know their health gets higher with more players, but that shouldn't be an issue for two of us. I'm in molten gear and using Molten Fury with frostburn arrows, and he's in Jungle armor with pretty much every non-HM accessory for casters. We beat the bosses with less gear in single player, but it's like we're still naked when fighting in multiplayer. What gives?

Also fuck Enchanted Sword, I never found one in single player since the game came out, but we found one in the MP world right at spawn..

WTF is going on here? Is it the fact I created a snow biome?

>What gives?
Because the boss's attention is split between people. The only fights that actually get harder in multiplayer are post 15 wave pumpkin/frost

Move your platform a couple of tiles above it's current position,

>Move your platform a couple of tiles above it's current position,
Of all the stupid shit, it was the two Ebonstone bricks I added to stop pirates from sniping me from halfway off screen from below. Thanks.

Not a problem, I had the same issue with a single spike being too close

Starting a magic run in expert mode, tips or general things to keep in mind?

Get good at dodging and carry a shitload of mana potions.

Tips:
>Be good at dodging. Don't even try if you can't dodge.
>Be good at aiming. Don't evne try if you can't aim.

General:
>Save everything you loot
>Sell everything you loot that isn't 100% required
>Collect Life Crystals, but don't use them UNTIL you want to start fighting bosses. You will need all the health you can get in Expert Mode

Oh and build a greenhouse and start planting seeds, you're gonna need alchemy potions, buy a crystal ball from the wizard.

Consider looking into fishing for more alchemy shit too

Thanks for the prompt response fampai, dodging it is then. Lastly, are any of the magic modifiers(arcane n shit) worth using over warding?

Needless to say, you can have 200 mana after 2 nights, 1 if you're lucky.

Do you like to survive? If yes, then stick with warding. Better safe than sorry.

Any ideas for interesting runs? I recently did underground start, and restricted myself to not building any placeable objects, meaning I had to scrounge for all furniture and housing materials. Made for an interesting and lengthy early-game.

Play as the Guide.

Make yourself look like the Guide, and use only a wooden bow with wooden arrows. Never use anything else.

Now now, lets be fair. He can upgrade to fire arrows in hard mode.

Fine.

>Look as similar to the guide as possible
>Use one of his possible names
>Weapons allowed: Wooden Bow, Wooden Arrow, Fire Arrow (Only after Wall of Flesh is beaten)
>Armor allowed: Familiar Clothes (Wig, Shirt, and Pants)
>Accessories allowed: None
>Max Life: 100
>Max Mana: 20

Fair enough?

Do you mind doing an autistic amount of preparation? Build your base at sky island level, spritz your entire surface with corruption/crimson via Clentaminator, and get the Dryad/Demolitionist to move into your sky base beforehand

On top of exploration, you gotta purify/quarantine key parts of the world as you play. No permanent ground settlements, so when you're not looting shit, you gotta chill with harpies

Trying to install mods, get this. what do?

lrn2readme
put files
in terraria folder

Which files senpai all of these ones?

>No mod that gives them physics-enabled googly eyes

just fucken throw the files in the folder nigga damn

What is the most efficient world size for singleplayer?

Greatest tragedy of our time, desu

Medium in my experience, Large if you plan to make it your primary world for multiple characters. Small is just too small

I'd say medium as well, I used to prefer small worlds in the past but medium ones seem much more comfortable. Large is probably way too much.

What do you think of the Experience and Classes mod?

forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/experience-and-classes.53048/

Was thinking about something like that. Classic east vs west wars. Medium core so killing people rewards more than just money. Perhaps on a server with protection some parts are restricted from blowing up like the respective hubs. Just throwing ideas out

>Not one shoting people as stealthed rangers using a sniper scope

>crashes on trying to load my world
well füg

>disable some more mods
>now it gives an out of memory error instead of just crashing
At least now I know where the problem is. What the fuck is up with Terraria mods being so fat anyway?

Magic is about managing, if you want constant spam, ranged and some types of melee is what you're looking for. Mana potions are fine as long as you know what you're doing, they heal a lot and you will only get a considerable dps loss if you use expensive weapons like lunar flare and last prism constantly, which deal massive damage as compensation. The penalty is not an uniform 25%, it goes down each second, and if you can play decently you won't ever get to 50%.

What really matters in events and bosses is not the dps counter during the penalty, but the average throughout the fight. Mana potions are supposed to be a last resort, which they are as long as you can use nebula efficiently and manage your attacks.

So, how to defeat Destroyer on Expert? Nothing seems to work despite getting close.

What class?

1 magic 1 melee

Get a Butcher's Chainsaw and a lot of defense. Just shred the bastard and chug potions. I had full Titanium from fishing, and the Chainsaw had its best modifier. I forgot my accessories though, except for Worm Scarf with Warding.

Mage needs to get a nimbus rod and focus on dodging the head, A Hex doll or sky fracture works as the main weapon. the mage should be more focusing on killing the probes that spawn as the nimbus rod will do high damage to boss

The melee needs to get titanium or Frost if you don't have titanium in your world and dodge (or use the sheild of cthulu) to dodge the head. Melee needs to attract the attention of the destoryer so it doesn't target the mage. You'll want to get a autoswing weapon and position yourself so it hits multiple segments at the same time

I recommend not fighting in on the ground level, make a platform about 20 tiles off the ground to give you enough time to see where the head is attacking from. Other than that, make sure you have wings to help dodge the boss and make a proper arena if he's causing you that much trouble. The key to beating it is to make sure you hit multiple segments at once

Mostly what we're already doing. Except the mage has the golden shower, no nimbus (despite us killing a handful of the clouds already)

Then what's the issue? If your dying due to damage then you need to get better at dodging, if you're lacking dps then you better get that rod.

No idea, game's just fucked sometimes.

Should we be fighting far away from the Nurse too? Like, far far away. TP home for heal and TP to ally?