/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Hot off the Presses Edition
Emulating thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS- Same as last thread edition
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide → →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
pastebin.com/j3xAdxr3
3ds.guide/troubleshooting
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ty based monkey bro

Show me your themes, user.

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

I BRICKED THANKS TO YOU FUCKERS

ffs stop copying the crossthread arrow newfags

>Bricking
>Not knowing how to read
L M A O

So I just installed the NTR Launcher cias that were recommended to me in the previous thread. But no icons appeared on my homescreen and when I put my Cyclo in the slot, it shows just a blank square in the cartridge area. Did I fuck it up somehow or am I missing something?

que tal y bienvenidos!

Now you have to run NTR Launcher.

>install ntr launcher
>launch ntr launcher with your card inserted
>???
not much to it dunno how you can fuck it up

>Could not detect an SD Card. The software on the SD Card could not be displayed.

What to do?

NTR Launcher did not get added to my home screen. I downloaded this github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases put the DS folder in root, and installed both cias with FBI. Nothing appeared or changed on my home screen.

I have a small request. I'm hacking my N3DS and I'm up to the part in 3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer this guide where it says to select auto CTRNAND transfer. The problem is is that my screen is broken and I can't see half of the screen, and it's prompting me to enter a code to progress like ___, up, ____, up, A. Could someone please tell me what the code is to continue?

place it inside a garbage can

Well fuck me I restarted my 3DS and there they are.

up up down down left right left right b a

why are you hacking it if the fucking screen is broken...?

great now i have infinite health

pretty sure it's left and right in the blanks.

Because I plan on getting it fixed in the future when I have more money. I decided to start the process now because why not.
Thanks, that was it.

well, good luck then user

>mini guides in link

pastebin.com/j3xAdxr3

Hey why are some games not on Freeshop or Ciangel? Like i know i cant find Kingdom Hearts DDD on either of em. Am i just supposed to browse 3dsiso and get it from there?
Thats what i was doing a long time ago before freeshop or ciangel but im just wondering why that is.

I'm literally looking at it right now on freeshop.

On that note, why does my freeshop on N3DS start with a black screen that says "HOMEBREW"? Does this happen to anyone else?

Freeshop doesn't have retail only games.

because kingdom hearts was never on the eshop obviously

Because some games are never released on the eshop. Can't download something that was never put up

To avoid DMCA takedowns for using the 3DS boot logo.

Well, considering how shit it is, that's understandable.

They did that so that Nintendo can't go after them for using their logo from what I understand. Apparently all homebrew is going to start using that to circumvent any more legal shit.

Anyway thank you /hbg/ you helped me finish this easy as fuck job of hacking my 3ds. Now that I've spent hours downloading hella 3ds games I'm just going to go play SMT Strange Journey now that I can use my NDS flash cart. Thanks again all.

bbs was also shit and not on psn either

who /freeshop 2.1.3/ masterrace here

Fuck you, bbs was the best entry.

How can you be looking at it if it was never released on the eshop? are you by chance looking at the trailer for it or the japanese version? I just wanna know whats going on.

Just put it on but it seems like its the same as the old one.

Yeah nvm it's a damn trailer.

>Not using the FUCK NINTENDO EDITION

How do i get the official nintendo themes? is there any on the freeshop? i heard a couple anons talking about it a few threads ago but i cant seem to find it.

So, are you guys still getting blackscreens after using fasthax?

bottom screen on freeshop there should be a snes controller icon

Thinking about ordering one of these for connecting my gamecube controller to vwii. Way cheaper than getting a classic controller pro. Any drawbacks?

I really like this picture.

Without a cartridge that is...

oh shit thats what that is. thanks bro

I start soundhax and enter decripte9 with file9 folder filed with necessery files, is this problem?

what a babe

nope anime girls work just fine

>3dsthemes deleted all nsfw themes
Holy fuck I haven't been on the site for like a year and suddenly it's a safe zone. Anyone have alternatives?

Make your own. I never saw the appeal of those themes. Almost all of them were low quality and seemed to cater to the "lol boobs" crowd.

bump, its emergency, i star with proces

there is step with ejecting sd card, thats reason why asking

I used to but remember it being an absolute chore resizing the pics. Oh well.

follow the guide rambo

is it safe to exit decrypt9 pressing exit?

i'm noob, so have a patience

what is aeskeydb?

exactly what it says in the name

I've already had A9LH + Luma since early 2016.
Should I care about any of these newer exploits?

sighax is the only one relevant to you

How else would you exit?

AES is an encryption scheme, so it is encrypted keys.

all the keys you needed before put into one

There aren't any newer exploits except sighax, which isn't out.

Now on CFW.
So, what happened to my NNID?

Is there any homebrew/piracy stuff on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One or does nobody care?

I guess there are some games on the 360 that I should catch up on. One probably less so if I exclude multi-platform stuff.

If you finished the whole thing, you should have your NNID. Is yours gone or something?

on the 360 there is a modchip i guess. xbone doesn't have any

Yes.

did you format at any point?

No.

when i put it on sd card?

makes sense then

for xbox360: rgh chip or modded dvd reader

>get my 3ds sorted
>try a few games
>tekken doesn't work after taking fucking ages
>try bust a move as it's tiny as fuck
>doesn't work

Ummmmm this is fucking great, is it a lottery or what. Fuck sake. If every one in three games don't fucking work I'm not sure I can be bothered. 40 mins to install a black screen isn't great.

How?

>because why not

Why not? Because the screen is broke?

is this what pops up when you open up your 3ds? and you completed everything?

Did you restore your NAND backup?
Were you on emuNAND before, by any chance?

>finished hack
>r4i stopped working
W-T-F

i didn't do a nand back-up not enough space.
so i fucked it up?

Yes, say goodbye to your saves.

exdata>0000000

in this folder i have 8 folders, but non of them is 8 zeros one

what to do?

If you can't launch other DS/DSi games either follow this:
3ds.guide/troubleshooting

is the dstt only able to use forwarding or is there a patch for it to work normally?

gracias

The folder you're looking for should either be named 00000098, 00000082, 0000008f or 000000A9

>didnt back up his nand

HAW

>didn't have enough space

DOUBLE HAW

*extdata
*six zeros and f on the end

So I'm trying to set up a SMT4 save file to import to SMT4A. I have the SMT4 save file on my SD card. Is there a way to import that save to the system so SMT4A will recognize it? I couldn't see an option to do something like that in JKSM.

TWLoader works too.

>00000098
find this one

what to do with other, do i delete them, or is other one saves from games?

thx for answer

Have SMT4 installed, and then import the save to it.

Only delete 00000098

But i have my gunvolt saves.

so there is no problem making a new NNID?
need to pay 5 buck for Pokebank again?

Ok thanks. I was hoping there was a way to avoid installing 4 but I'll do that now.

worked perfect. thank you, thank you.

bump

how hard is it for people for follow directions, insert a cartridge before you begin the process, CLEAR UP SOME SPACE ON YOUR SD CARD IF U DONT HAVE SPACE, and pay attention closely to the instructions on the github. after that is as smooth as it can be.

doesnt it have shit compatibility with games, though?

Irrelevant for flashcards

how so?
as far as i've seen the compatibility list, it's pretty limited, or does it do some other black magic to just run the games?

The compatibillity list is only for running DS games off the SD

It's a DS flash cart. It runs them fine. The DS from SD is what uses black magic and superglue to barely make shit run.