What's the worst advice you've ever been given regarding cars? I'll start

What's the worst advice you've ever been given regarding cars? I'll start
>warm up your car for 10 minutes

hehe, I posted it again :)

Drive it like you stole it

warming up cars is stupid (unless it's cold out, then it's ok fuck getting in a cold car)

>You gotta break it in HARD
>Downshift in the redline to do this faster

really useless. Fastest way to warm it up is to drive it.

yeah but sitting down in an icy seat sucks, it takes like 3-4 min of driving fur my engine to warm up all the way.

Jesus Christ you are a faggot. How much of a pussy are you that you can't handle a fucking cold seat for 3 mins? What's wrong, your pussy gets super dry?

You should let a car reach operating temp before driving it normally - This is where the 'let it idle for fucken ages' probs comes from

Else your Pistons, cylinders and rings will heat up oddly causing extra friction and wear as the Pistons will expand before the cylinder expands.

So you just nanny it for awhile until it gets warm

No you should not warm up your car unless your manual tells you otherwise. For example, a 3k or less civic says not to warm up your car by idling as its bad for the car. Even at freezing temperatures more than one minute is unnecessary. If you're driving a SUV, you may need to do it for a few minutes. The problem is people go overboard and let it idle for 10-20 mins which is utterly stupid.

Listen child, I didn't say to idle the car
Idling glazes the cylinders, you should granny the car until it reaches operating temp

Why deal with a cold seat when you don't have to?
desu 99.9% of the time I just hop in, start it and drive off within 10 seconds but if it's 30 degrees out and I've been working in the cold all night it's really nice to have a warm car waiting fur me

It's a warm car

>Lifetime transmission fluid
t. BMW

It was a good movie btw, and that scene was kickass.

It might be bad advice though, yeah.

Rebuilding autos

If they are a model known to be shit fuck wasting all that time and money on one.

yes

This. Warming up your car is about minimizing wear caused by changing tolerances, which is exacerbated under load. Your manual may say differently due to legal liability or emissions reasons.

Its amazing how long you fags will argue about idling. Who gives a shit what people do to their car. Apparently you fags do

im just a regular dude who lets my vehicles warm up in winter

I warm up my car. Idgaf. I live in a frozen barren wasteland in the northern us. I hate getting in my car when it's below zero. Everything's cold as shit. The steering is stiff. I don't care what it does to the engine, I'm warming that up.

How the fuck does -36 Celsius = -33 F

Due to the nature of the relationship between them they share one spot on both scales that is equivalent. It's -40.

-40 Celsius is - 40 Fahrenheit

wow car enthusiasts arguing about cars, whoda thunk it

>whoda thunk it

Fucking kill yourself in the worst possible way, like drowning on some Somali semen while it tears through your lungs and your butt gets injected with battery acid you fucking mongoloid

u mad bro?

>idling glazes the cylinders

Learned something new today, neat

Gas yourself, filthy kike

Bump