Should I get this Porsche

Ive been looking for a car and found this one on craigslist for $1500.Dont have a car at the moment but one of my friends said these porsches were good.

janesville.craigslist.org/cto/5954079229.html

fuck no. You sound underage

>buying a 30 year old Porsche (german engineering)
>buying one with the engine in the opposite place they are known for.
>buying one when it'll be your ONLY car

buy a fucking civic you cuck.

Not unless you have a lot more than $1500 laying around for parts and repairs. They're good cars (for their time, not really very good by today's standards), but they're not reliable, and parts can be expensive

>buy a Civic

Why is this the typical edgy response, no one wants a Civic, they're lifeless boring shit boxes. Believe it or not, there are people that a are ACTUAL car enthusiasts and want something better than a typical economobile.

Kill yourself.

I hate civics and shitboxes with power to the wrong wheels as much as anyone else but civic is the more intelligent choice here.
The price of that porsche is round 10 grand.

t. someone who wanted porsche 924/944 as well.

>HURR IM A REAL ENTHUSIAST SO I HAVE TO BUY A SHITTY CAR AS MY ONLY CAR

You know it's possible to have more than 1 car right? 1 Daily and another as a project or whatever.

Civic is the best cheap daily you can get next to a volvo 240 or geo metro

BUT you know what if you really want that Porsche, fucking buy it. I dare you.

good if you want to spend 3x more than what youre paying for the car already within the next year or so

Civics are more of an enthusiast vehicle than any car youve owned probably if you ever have owned one that is

Don't listen to these meme-ers. Buy it.

This car will be junk. Most 944 or 924S under 3500 need work. Some more than others, but if you but it and drive it without doing anything it will be a POS. Maybe not right away, but it will be.

Because we have been getting threads like these for fucking years and they all end the same.

>kid wants pipe dream for first car/daily driver
>does no research into cost of ownership, insurance, registration, repair & maintenance
>kid posts half-assed thread on Veeky Forums and gets mad when everyone sees through his bullshit

Just buy a civic, it will allow you to save up for a project that isn't a pile of shit in the future and in the mean time we can avoid another one of those "I fucked up buying ____" threads. This probably sounds jaded but I'm sick and fucking tired of all these community college summerfags that think a cheap 20+ year old German sports car is anything other than a waste of money for someone in their financial position.

Do you know how to wrench?

Also parts are difficult to find, from what I understand.

Sure is sexy though.

Get an older accord/civic. If you hate the japs you can find a really ugly Cobalt or even a well cared for GeoMetro. Then when your grateful you have a car that is reliable and cheap to fix. Go get your 1500 project car to dump money in to.

b-but my Porsche badge on a non prestigious Porsche

kek.

fucking got em. couldn't have said it better myself.

NIGGA GOT WREKT.

>$1500 Porsche
Holy fuck don't buy that.
If you want to have a drivable car this isn't it.

civics are white trash

Guys are 928s gonna go up in value? I have always had an irrational boner for that car and I see them on cl all the time.

It's a fantastic idea. You should buy a 30 year old 1500 dollar "porsche"

I'm with you 100% I might have to come scoop it up to add to my garage.

Where the car located it's such a great deal I'd have to drive down there super quick before you do.

Ivery heard that these are pretty flawless dailies drivers and are never prone to electrical issues or breaking down, porsche really got it right with the 944 I'll tell you that.

Sometimes when I sleep at night I have dreams of owning one of these gl op
You won't regret this decision.

/thread

probably not because they dont have much going for them.

hardly anyone likes them so probably not

ugly sumbitches

LEL THIS.

OP FINNA GET KEKED BY HIS OWN STUPIDITY

>they dont have much going for them
>V8
>RWD
That should be enough for

If you want a V8 and RWD, just get an American car. You'll have the bonus of actual power and none of the electrical issues and Porsche tax.

American cars from that era drive like barges
>b-but muh IROC

The 928 isn't exactly a lightweight sports car either.

It's a sporty grand tourer

Not everything has to be pigfat land barge or feather weight Miata

it got btfo by Camaros of the period that cost much less