Who is at fault in each of these incidents?

Who is at fault in each of these incidents?

incident A: youtu.be/RyXZ2iKBnIA
Incident B: youtu.be/lSXhZC0NnU4

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/mamudsny/
mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/section4.7.0.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We told you about situation B yesterday, dawg. It's the driver pulling in for going too quickly in a parking lot.

Situation A is both of their faults. 50/50 split.

So for incident B give the driver a ticket. There are state laws that clearly state that you shouldn't open doors when it is unsafe. Im not sure how incident A is 50/50, please explain.

Sauce?

Incident A is the the double parking motherfucker's fault.

doubt a ticket would happen in a private parking lot

A is the car for being parked illegally.

I would say B is the guy who is driving way to fast in a parking lot. However do people not check their mirror before they open their door. I do or I look out behind me before I open mine.

The person opening the door is at fault, I'm not psychic and can't tell when you're going to open a door

The cyclist. Because you're not paying for registration to use taxpayer funded roads, therefore you're operating an unregistered vehicle.

Suppose this happens:
>Purple car is behind green car. Green car is going slow. Purple checks the oncoming lane and sees that it is clear and so he moves out to pass.
>Just after the purple car moved into the other lane to pass, the blue car reaches the end of his driveway and wants to turn left. He looks right and sees no cars coming from that direction, and looks left and sees that the green car is far enough away that he can pass through his lane before the green car reaches that point. He does not see the purple car moving toward him from the left in the left lane so he pulls out.
>The blue car and purple car collide head on.
Who was at fault? Is the purple car automatically assigned fault for being in the oncoming lane even though it was a passing zone and was clear when he entered? Is it the blue car for not making sure the lane was clear before entering the road?
Assume no other violations occured.

I've been in a very similar situation (didn't see purple behind green and pulled out between them) and had the cop tell me that even if purple was passing, I would still be at fault. Blue has to yield to both lanes of traffic regardless of fuckery that is happening.

purple car because its retarded to pass infront of a intersection, waiting 15 seconds to clear the T isnt going to kill him so why pass infront of a intersection you have no line of sight of

I stated it was a driveway. Pretty much every country road here has a driveway every couple hundred feet so it would be impossible to pass not in front of one. Also most roads are windy/hilly enough that you only have very short and far between opportunities to pass so if you don't overtake as soon as you get the chance you'll be stuck behind granny McSlowfag for another 10 miles at 35mph.
Also I know of a few roads in my area that have a legal passing zone at the intersection of a smaller road that has a stop sign.

Unfortunately no video. It's just a shoot by this dude: instagram.com/mamudsny/

>The cyclist. Because you're not paying for registration to use taxpayer funded roads, therefore you're operating an unregistered vehicle.
The cyclist has paid taxes for roads. If he lives in any housing that has property tax, then he has paid. If he buys goods with sales tax, some of that goes towards roads. If he uses utilities, some of the taxes from that goes towards roads. If he works at my employer, my employer pays taxes based on a head count of all employees for the purpose of road congestion and road wear and usage of road signage and traffic lights that are affected by company employees.

By your original logic, pedestrians cannot even cross the road because they don't pay registration fees for being on the roadway.

any real responses here? actually interested.

Incident A vehicle is at fault. You can get a ticket for unsafe door opening, look it up.

Incident B both people are at fault, morso on the person opening the door. Read above.

Even though its a legal pass, cops will think purple is a retard and throw tickets at him. Both people are at fault, and even if purple had all of it on a dash-cam I'm not sure if one party would get 100% blame

pic unrelated

mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/handbook/section4.7.0.shtml

2nd from the top for 2 point offences

also holy fuck, 2 point ticket for driving around with high beams? Bunch of fucktards in civics and corollas in my area should get those tickets. Blinding as FUCK at night in the city.

>you will never rail a slutty whitewalker over the edge of a highrise

>Im not sure how incident A is 50/50, please explain.

The bicyclist could easily see that the SUV was loading/unloading due to where it is temporarily parked. He had plenty of room to his left in the lane as he went to pass by the SUV

The driver of the SUV had plenty of time to check his mirrors and see the bicyclist coming.

Fifty-fifty.

biker cut in from directly behind the truck, The driver thought the door was safe to open till a wild biker shoots out from behind his vehicle.

A: the cyclist. If the car was in his lane, he needs to stop behind him until he leaves/moves out of the way. If it was reversed with a cyclist in a regular car lane, that's what would be expected.

B: the faggot opening his door. Seriously, you just have to pay attention.

what is "double parking" on a bicycle lane for 500 alex?

In incidents like these, it's always the fault of the person opening the door. Look in your fucking mirror before you open your door. Always.

Threads like this one just prove how most of Veeky Forums doesn't even have a license, let alone a car.
Bus riders ease leave.

>A
Driver parked Illigally, obstructing a bike lane
Driver opens door into oncoming traffic without looking properly
100% drivers fault

>B
Drivers fault.
Driving way too fast ( he REALLY wants that burrito)

that's not temporarily parked, that's illegally parked. 100% the car's fault.

Check your mirrors and it won't happen

You can't possibly know when a parked faggot will try to open his door

A is bike
B is fat dumbass who opened door without looking

>implying the fatass didn't want his burrito really bad as well, throwing his door out into the street without checking mirrors

RRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

death to cyclists

A the car is illegaly parked so the least he could do is check his mirror
i would say the car is at fault
B the dude is driving too fast in a parking lot

>hurrrr driving too fast he is at fault automatically.

why is everyone so retarded? it's a blessing you people aren't insurance agents.

that's a parking lot where people and car pull in front of you all the time going fast is just retarted

A: Driver for stopping in the bicycle lane and opening his door without looking.

B: Both, one for inappropriate speed, the other for opening his door without looking.

>Sec. 14-218a. Traveling unreasonably fast. Establishment of speed limits. (a) No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon any public highway of the state, or road of any specially chartered municipal association or any district organized under the provisions of chapter 105, a purpose of which is the construction and maintenance of roads and sidewalks, or on any parking area as defined in section 14-212, or upon a private road on which a speed limit has been established in accordance with this subsection, or upon any school property, at a rate of speed greater than is reasonable, having regard to the width, traffic and use of highway, road or parking area, the intersection of streets and weather conditions.

This is from Connecticut, and basically every state has something in their road laws about driving an appropriate speed for the given environment regardless of the speed limit. Or did you really think parking lots had unlimited speed solely because there's no explicit sign, you mouth breathing retard?

so what exactly is section 14-212?

And fuck it, start giving tickets to all the fuckers going 80MPH when the signs on freeways clearly say 55/65.

On the other hand, there is also this
VEHICLE CODE - VEH
DIVISION 11. RULES OF THE ROAD [21000 - 23336] ( Division 11 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

CHAPTER 9. Stopping, Standing, and Parking [22500 - 22526] ( Chapter 9 enacted by Stats. 1959, Ch. 3. )

No person shall open the door of a vehicle on the side available to moving traffic unless it is reasonably safe to do so and can be done without interfering with the movement of such traffic, nor shall any person leave a door open on the side of a vehicle available to moving traffic for a period of time longer than necessary to load or unload passengers.
(Amended by Stats. 1963, Ch. 162.)

>The bicyclist could easily see that the SUV was loading/unloading due to where it is temporarily parked.

Who the fuck cares, a car has no right to stop on a bike lane. And even then, you are still responsible to watch behind you before opening your door. I'm not a squid and I hate them but you are fucking retarded or know nothing about road laws.

That's why in scenario B both parties are at fault, which is what rational people have argued and will continue to argue.

>hurr everyone is at fault. if you weren't there in the first place this wouldn't have even happened

you're so naive, like a child.

Literally no reading comprehension, this guy. They're both at fault because they both broke traffic codes, not because they were in the same place at the wrong time.

I both cases the retard opening the door is at fault.

>hurr durr the driver was going tuu fast

The cops will just ask the driver what speed he was doing and he won't say "60 MPH".

I agree.

>hurr faster than walking is too fast
>durr ~10km/h is fast! slow down!

Seriously, Veeky Forums? That was a perfectly normal pace for parking lots. In both cases the person who opened their door when unsafe was 100% at fault. Even if that car was going faster, it wouldn't make any difference. It's the same as when a car pulls out of a driveway onto the road - it is the responsibility of the car merging to do so safely, regardless of the speed of traffic on the road relative to the speed limit.

the only voice of reason in this entire thread.