The Grand Tour

Am I the only one a little bit disappointed by the show?

I feel like The Grand Tour picked up where Top Gear left off last season - a mildly entertaining show featuring cars.

Top Gear's new formula on the contrary features actual car reviews (2017 M2, 2017 NSX, 2016 Focus RS etc) while The Grand Tour's reviews of the NSX and Focus pales by comparison.

The only thing that comes to the quality of new-Top Gear is James May's bit on the Ford GT40.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qUrIfl12hgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I just want to see them doing silly shit together like the nature based frame episode.
Seeing them zip around in the latest and greatest is nice and all but its not as fun to watch.
Its almost like they want to be a legit car show.

I just want to see them get issued challenges where they have to compete with cars they chose.
Seeing them act out scripts is not fun to watch.
It's almost like they want to be film stars.

I..I like it

old old old top gear is better

>Actually about cars
>Clarksons reigned in
>Tiff Needell
>BBC comfyness before they turned into sjw shit

youtu.be/qUrIfl12hgs

I think it's pretty good. That 2-part buggy special was hilarious.

Just finished the gt40 piece by may, which was truly interesting. It's a shame may doesn't get much time, he's ignored. I would also like more vehicle review. I'm only on episode 5 or so, but yes I've been a bit disappointed as well as entertained

watching comedy with car theme. Stupid show

I totally agree with you, that shit was great I love all of their specials from top gear and this just shows they can still do it here
my only gripe is "celebrity brain crash" that is just a waste of time that could have been used better like to review another car or somethin it's just stupid and I immediately go on my phone as soon as they say it

it gets better until the special than nosedives in part 2

maybe the bbc dodged a bullet the hype seems to be dying down

>a mildly entertaining show featuring cars.

It has been that way for a decade. If anyone is dissapointed because they were expecting the second coming of car shows, they only have themselves to blame. It's like complaining about Eastenders not using enough CGI and action scenes.

GT is all right. It's a bit of a laugh at times, the pacing is decent, and they do some nice car bits.

Just enjoy it for what it is.

a poor knockoff of Top Gear?

Its good dont get me wrong but if it intends to stick around it needs to sort out the niggles

I wanted GT to be good, but it just isn't. Don't get me wrong, it has it's moments. But overall feeling is bland, just like few last series of TG with them for BBC. The cars are not the focus anymore, just three oldmen falling over with something with wheels in the background.

Maybe new series of TG will be decent car show without Evans nowhere near it. If they only sacked Jordan and Sabine, it could be actually good.

>inb4 BBC shill

I fingers gt to be good, but not great. Some of the scripted bits are so forced it's uncomfortable. The openor of last night's episode was pretty funny in the 'return' of the three cars from the old us 1000 challenge

it was okay

I don't mind GT being a talk show where they occasionally talk about cars. But now it's so scripted it feels like a sitcom.
As Clarkson would have said: "It has no soul"

And I agree about nuTop Gear. It has potential without Evans if they focus more on cars. But I don't mind them keeping Sabine.

I personally think it's okay. It's better than the last 5 or so series of Top Gear. Now that title cards are required to demarcate each segment in the show, it makes the entire program more digestible, plus I know when I can tune out (like conversation street, if you don't like the topic at hand.)

They seem to really allow Jeremy to do a lot of the talking, which is great, but I feel that James May is a bit overshadowed. As you said, the GT40 segment was brilliant.

I would like more technical insight from James (like what technical innovations shocked the world at Le Mans, etc) and some more needless heroics from Richard Hammond (like driving more cars he's clearly not qualified to operate). Jeremy might be the funniest one but too much of him and the whole show packs less of a punch.

>tl;dr more James May talk and Hammond driving

>TFW you realize old top gear was killed for not centralizing shows specifically on car reviews, in other words, for not shilling hard enough

This.

But Clarkson's ego overtakes everything he does every show he's ever done.

A shame really because in the specials Richard and James are actually more interesting.

Oh well here is hoping for a couple of more seasons before this fades and Amazon pull the plug and they retire or go to Netflix

No it was killed due to it already having peaked years prior and behind the scenes bullshit.

I hate the stupid 'the american' what's up with that?

Iv'e been watching TG for the better part of my adult life and i still look forward to a new episode comming out, like the one i'm going to watch tonight, yay for tgt happy they got those
3 back in entertainment

He's getting better.

The only reason he exists is to antagonize the BBC for keeping the stig from them

The joke is he can talk, that's it.

Wish it wasn't an American but hay Amazon is a seppo country and this show is clearly aimed more at them

I dislike how the visiting countries thing is just unneccessary bullshit. The idea has great potential. You come to a country and do shit there like "What's the fastest you can go on the Autobahn in a

Yeah it's a waste I hope Amazon take a bit more hands on approach like the BBC did and stop Clarkson from pissing away what could have been the Renaissance post top gear

I like it but my autism is minimal.

>ice cream fags BTFO

Jeremy raced a yacht in the most recent episode and all he did was gawk at it and call it magnificent.

It's not even about cars or bantz or funny British shit it's about Clarkson's vs the BBC

Honestly I feel like the American is a bit more for non Americans. It comes off a bit cringey for people in the states. Sort of how it would be if Americans did a whole "stereotypical brit" bit or something like that.

Easily the 2nd worst top gear grand tour episode yet at least the quadrofolio review was ok until the end

Ausfag with pom blood I don't find it clever or anything it's just a dud.

Bin it just like the cool wall and celebrity interviews

I found the first three episodes or so to be meh. They were enjoyable, but not great.

After that point I started to enjoy each episode more, it was like they had a rough start to work through.

>episode 2 in jordan
>enjoyable

This episode wasn't even about cars though it was awful

>Hammond: Can I come aboard?
>Clarkson: No
>Clarkson: I don't think it can take two

KEK

I thought this episode was one of the best so far, the show seems to be finding it's feet a bit now. Could have done with more than one car featured though.

That whole SAS thing in the second(?) Episode was the worst. Seriously, what was that about?

They should scrap Celebrity Brain Crash and just do an extended Conversation Street

Only good bit of that segment
Pissing away as much time and money as they could and now finding a middle ground

It's probably the way it is, because if they do too much car staff, they can probably get sued. I would imagine the BBC has some sort of patent on a car show with hosts.

Bull crap if that was the case then fifth gear wouldn't exist

I saw a clip on youtube where the cars were driven on a timed lap by 'the Ben Collins', hopefully that becomes a permanent fixture

Which channel was that?

nice try BBC but new Top Gear is 100% dog shit in every way. TGT is just like Top Gear from two years ago.

The Grand Tour posted a clip of it on their Facebook page a while ago, it'll be on youtube somewhere

Except just as bad.

Nowhere near as good as actual shows about cars but u can't have it all.

I mean it as a loose term, the rescue mission portion did start to drag terribly, but it had its moments.

Are we referring to last weeks in Germany, or this weeks? I haven't seen the current episode yet.

as an American, I dont mind. I find the stereotype amusing.

>Drivin' a BMW... British Motor Works...

>patent on a car show with hosts
thanks for the keks user

this weeks show was awful, one car in it and it's an alfa, unfunny, unspontaneous banter and 2-third of the show were spend on them playing idiots with cranes

What's with celebrity brain crash. Why is everyone dying. I'm in episode 5 so please don't spoil it

The latest episode was great

That Alfa Romeo driving over the Black mountain, just perfect!

Needs to be more cars and less sitcom.

I hate the bit where the celebrities die, It was shit in the first episode and it's still shit. They need a rant section to trigger people.

It could have been perfect if the Giulia was red

They shouldn't have done a car show.

Because BBC blocked them from doing celebrity drives a average car segment and such through legal means... so they do it to piss them off

They assumed famous people would not appear on the show without being interviewede. They were wrong

May seems to enjoy more The Reassembler than TGT

I know I do

Only correct thing to say

>BRING BACK CHEAP CAR CHALLENGES FOR FUCKS SAKE

Everything in those challenges was always scripted.

The show is great for my taste. It's not he best of Top Gear, but it is better than the last two Clarkson seasons of it. With the exception of specials, they were a bit stale at the end. Here it's back to being enjoyable. One thing that's apparent is the lack of big media machinery behind them. BBC may have spent less cash on the show, but they had so much people behind it that it did look better. Cinematography was better, more shots, more varied locations, more reviews. Still, it is going in the right direction.

I'm more worried about original Top Gear, one more pathetic season and it's out. And I don't see them improving with what they've left. Faggot is gone, Blacky is trying too hard to be Clarkson, Joey is trying too hard not to be Joey, and arab is clueless. I think it was he that reviewed LaFerrari stating that it goes faster round the corners with closed diffusor. Anyway, they should completely change the formula. They could even go completely serious. Retire the Sting and find a proper mechanic to explain the technology. Or they could use different approach in comedy. I'd love to see Rowan Atkinson head it with his subdued style. Won't happen, but better than keeping the same jokes with different presenters. That's just too offputting.

>With the exception of specials, they were a bit stale at the end.

shit, that came out wrong. With the exception of specials, the rest was a bit dull.

Yeah, Top Gear works best when it's the 3 interacting with each other. Grand Tour needs more of those moments.

One thing that confuses me is that they played up the scripted nature to the point of it being blatant when they could have dialed it back, all three of them are genuinely funny and the best parts of every challenge are when something unscripted happens and they all break from it.

Ehh, it's alright.
The MURICANOTSTIG is cringeworthy, I hope they get rid of him.

I miss cheap-car-challenges though, those were the best part of old Top Gear. The buggy special gave me hope for maybe they can bring back some of it though.. Bolivia/Old Africa specials were my fravorites from TG

>finally get massive budget to do whatever they want
>Just have to slightly rename and repackage the old top gear challanges to get around BBC being cunts
>proceed to do literally NOTHING interesting
Yeah nah if this shit doesnt find its footing soon its as good as done

the hype on plebbit, fb and whatever else is dying down for it.

Top Gear is back to being better. Top Gear was good when the show was about the cars, not the terrible acting. Chris Harris is bringing the show back, but GT is garbage.

Hammond seems very angry and stressed all the time. He is constantly insulting Clarkson/May.

The Dune-Buggy episode was quite ok, rest was shitty.

>Diversity Hire Showcase with a bit of cars thrown on.
>Perpetual Dumpster fire.

(You)

There's not enough banter between them making fun of their cars. There's a little bit of it when they make fun of their Grand Tour cars (brown Aston) but GT focuses too much on making fun of them, like James' old diving equipment. The Alfa segment disappointed me when they didn't take May's and Hammond's suggestions too and have a three way duel. It was just Clarkson and the Alfa. If they could have had all three and the other two make fun of Jeremy not being able to get out of the Alfa or make the Jaguar and cat joke when one of them brings the XE S

>Get all three together with each bringing their own car, not stupid biomarine shit

>they didn't take May's and Hammond's suggestions too
Yeah, that was a wasted moment there.

they made it sound like ferd did a miracle.
they were whooped at first.

because that is not the scripted part.
too much script and they are terrible actors.

Yeah I can instantly tell the script is god assfuck

>Does that mean he's not coming in?

The Grand Tour is about three aging men acting like retards, with a car twist. If you want car reviews, go watch FaggoTrend or some shit.

Hammond delayed his midlife crisis for years, pretending he would be 37 forever.
Now he has accepted the hard truth and he is going hard, asserting his masculinity with every occasion he has, trying as hard as possible to be the alpha manlet in the room.

Manlettos never learn

Sorry to burst your bubble but that clip is from The Clarkson, Hammond and May Live Show which was a live touring show right after May and Hammond left with Clarkson being fired.
They even say "go back to the arena" at the end of the clip.
Just search "The Clarkson, May and Hamond live show the ben collins", and you'll find said clip.

BBC would sue the shit out of Amazon if Ben Collins really appeared on The Grand Tour.