>park car
> e brake up & gear In
>walk 10 feet away and question whether you put the gear in and ebrake up

Anyone else ?

everyday :(

>Live in Utah
>Park on a steep ass hill every day
>Never any question as to whether I put the car in gear with the brake on

anyone leave in neutral with e brake here?

All the time.
Depends on if I'm parked flat surface or big ass hill

You shouldn't because sometimes you'll roll... I'm not really an expert on the subject but I wouldn't risk it.

I came home late one night and left my car mustang in neutral with e brake up only to have my neighbors at my door cuz the car rolled into the street and my neighbors couldn't leave (culdesac) to work cuz it was in the way (oops)

It's like some form of advanced autism I've developed to go back and check 100 times before walking away from my car

>park car
>lock doors with FOB
>walk 10 feet, can't remember if doors are locked

Anyone else?

Shit I feel you man, I have it heavy with everything on my car.. Are my windows up properly? Are both doors locked? In first? Handbrake up? I look autistic when I check these things 3 times

Nope. I do two quick locks and then another single lock a beat later. Puts my mind at ease.

I just put it in gear and never use a handbrake. Especially now with the cold temperature.

>lock car with keys
>check two doors by pulling handles
>its good
>walk away a few meters
>yeah, ive locked it and checked
>come home
>shit, did i lock it?
Sometimes i get back all the way back just to check for the 3rd time

>parents car automatically locks when you put it in D
>stays locked until you unlock it while stationary
>can always be opened from inside
>they get to their destination, exit the car, and click the fob to lock the already locked car
>they don't trust the fob so they click it multiple times to be sure
>it beeps twice to indicate it's already locked and you didn't need to press the button you stupid fuck
>they press it four times
>BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP
>everyone in parking lot staring
>this happens literally every single time they stop anywhere, even their own driveway

>Anyone else ?
My parking brake doesn't work and I can only get the key out in reverse, so no.

e brake up and in first mostly.

sometimes in sixth or second because idk.

When below freezing, in gear only, no e brake.

me too thanks,

STANG GANG, thats an S550 interior baby

>car with central locking but no alarm
>park it at home
>sort of a gated community, hard to explain to anybody who isn't a third world nig-nog
>lock car
>walk towards apartment bulding
>"Did I lock it or not?"
>walk back anyways because I love the damn thing
>locks were on
>MUH AUTISM

>open door to get out
>press lock button on inside of door
>ding ding ding! - delay lock now armed
>get out
>close door
>walk away
>3 seconds later: clunk! - doors locked
Never doubt.

Alternate:
>open door to get out
>press lock button on inside of door
>ding ding ding! - delay lock now armed
>get out
>close door
>SHIT! MY KEYS!
>open door
>grab keys, put in pocket
>close door
>walk away
>3 seconds later: clunk! - doors locked

It may be a shitbox, but chevy knew what they were doing. Also can't lock the doors when open with engine off and key in the ignition, nor does delay lock work. Doors immediately unlock if closed while locked with key in ignition and engine off.

>ford f250 with 7.3l diesel and 4 speed manual

I've heard horror stories of guys leaving that shit in gear and the old wiring engaging the starter, it crawling down the street. The starters are pretty fucking beefy, I had to use mine to crawl the truck about 30 feet up n over a hill so I could roll start down a hill. The old engine was FUCKED.

so now I always leave it in neutral, e-brake, and steer the wheel into the curb whichever way its pointed downhill, so its propped.

>select all storefronts - honeybucket

Shit we are all basically one in the same, my extra Autism will have me go and check if the windows are up (even if I wasn't driving with the windows down) because for some reason I feel as if they randomly rolled down. All while Constantly reassuring myself i put the car in park. Feelsbadman.jpeg

I'm going to be like your parents user.... welp

Closest I could find to mine but I got a 2013, good eye tho!

Yup, it's even worst when I'm with friends or a date and I have to make some excuse to go back and check my car because I'm questioning if I locked it or something

>park car
>press fob lock button 10-12 times
>look at buddy
>"well if it's not locked by then we're fucked anyway"
>family loading into minivan busts out laughing

>pressing the lock button more than once
>not checking if the lights flash to see that it's locked
>not at the very least, listening for the sound of the doors locking

That's all you retards need to do. Pressing the lock multiple times just burns out the power lock actuator; which is a bitch to replace. Had to replace mine when my car reached 10 years old, hopefully won't need to do that for another 10 years.

I've got the same shit going on except it's with locking the car, same thing with the apartment door
Fuck this

Nope, car is automatic and can't be shut off normally unless in Park.

Nope, car locks itself when I leave.

STANG GANG REPORTING IN

MAY THE PONY'S BREATH BE EVER AT YOUR TAIL

I used to do this all the fucking time until I got a car with passive locking. It's push button start so I have my keys in my pocket. when I leave the car I usually lock it by pushing fob button but of I don't, the car senses that the key has left the vehicle and locks it about ten seconds later. It's fantastic. So if I think I didn't lock it I know that it will just lock itself soon anyway.

>kind of want an S550 GT to replace my daily
is this a bad idea?

no, my e-brake doesn't work.

park in 1st every time.

It's what I replaced my daily with

Test drive both the performance package and the standard. I went with the PP but some people think the suspension is too stiff. Coming from my Prelude the PP feels like pillows. The standard suspension is way too floaty IMO even for a DD. Plus all the other PP goodies are worth it

I've heard likewise in terms of standard vs PP and base vs premium vs recaros, did you spring for the recaros?

>e-brake

No I tend to use my parking brake. First gear is also 4.2:1 so that will help if ever the parking brake fails.

No I got mine used it has the leather seats. I mean the reason I bought the specific used car I did was because it was the exact color and package I would've gotten but I got it for $15k less than new with $15k miles and the previous owner kept it in great condition

>2007 d22 frontier
>Manual locks and windows all around
>Drivers door cannot lock from the inside
>HAVE to use key to lock the door
>Key cannot be locked inside

Nissan knew what they were doing.

looks nice phamalamborghini
sounds like you got a good deal
$40k for a premium GT feels like a lot, but at $25k that's the price of a mid level new civic basically

>lock car
>walk ten metres
>did I lock it?
>pretty sure I did
>I'll hit the central locking to be sure
>oh god did I just unlock it now?
>fuck better walk back and check

I think it's a pretty good deal for a current gen RWD meme machine with 435hp

>Used to lock doors from the switch inside
>do this for the first 6 months of me driving

>park in municipal lot to get food because I have a permit and it's near the restaurant I ordered from
>lock door
>get food
>"Oh boy, I sure am hungry!"
>go to car
>door is locked
>see keys in the fucking driver's seat
>temperature goes down 15 degrees in an hour
>dad has to come by and give me the spare key to get in
>mfw

captcha PUERTA IMPASSE

>Shitstang

How does one lock the door after getting in? If it isn't possible, how does one prevent carjackers getting in?

>1991 d21 hardbody
>manual inverted locks
>HAVE to hold handle on the outside while shutting doors to lock
they've know what to do for a while

The people that buy them normally use them to carry around workmen so it would be stupid to jack a pickup as there are normally cutlasses and 8 workmen in them.

Ah, that's a pretty good anti-theft system. I imagine it doesn't smell too nice though, especially later in the day.

If anyone stinks you tell then to get their ass in the bed. You normally have 4 inside and the rest outside because we don't like to jam up on each other. Place is hot enough already that many fight for bed spaces because of that glorious breeze