/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB40)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?23655

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist)
youtube.com/watch?v=xnOK-TNKNmw&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

map looks pretty rad
release when?

My favorite class is the Ying.

First for shit broken stream
I want my free crystals reeeeeeeeeeee

Probably next Wednesday(or the week after).

Just won a Digital Loot Pack and some crystals from watching the stream. It works guys.

>>>>>>>>>FURRIES

Do you have to do anything other than having the stream open? Other than linking your twitch account?

Nothing. I never participate in chat and most of the time I am not even watching the stream.

Would any one be interested in setting up a Discord so we can party up and don't get stuck with dice rolls for team mates?

he's cute.

please stop posting this.

Grats, user! Been here for 6 hours, didn't get anything so far... );

I wonder what would have happened if those black kids kidnapped a mentally handicapped furry?

Did someone say... FURRIES?

On a more serious note, I was wondering when he'd show up considering he works on Smite top plays and has an announcer pack.

holy shit we made it
the thread didnt nice

good job everyone

>the thread didnt nice
What did he mean by this?

can i use those on console paladins?

>tfw worked for RTV6 when this happened
>tfw everyone laughed at the,

Let's rate all of the champions with a score from 0 to 5 according to the following three criteria:
1) fun to play (0 isn't fun at all, 5 is super fun)
2) efficiency (is the character effective in most situations? 0 not effective at all, 5 is super effective)
3) skill ceiling (0 is the lowest, 5 is the highest)

I'll start.
Viktor: 4/5
Sha Lin: 3/5
Cassie: 4,5/5
Drogoz: 2/5
Tyra: 4/5
Bomb King: 5/5

Ying: 5/5
Grover: 4/5
Grohk: 3/5
Mal d'Amba: 4/5
Pip: 4/5

Fernando: 5/5
Makoa: 4/5
Barik: 4/5
Ruckus: 3/5

Evie: 5/5
Buck: 4/5
Androxus: 4/5
Skye: 3/5

>Four separate segments
>one rating in each out of three

This post is a fucking mess.

>Four separate segments
Theere are 4 types of roles in this game, don't you know?

>one rating in each out of three
It's the average result of the three criteria I specified.

!crystals
!crystals
!crystals
!crystals
!crystals
!crystals
!crystals

15 shards of crystallized DryBear cum have been deposited into your account

thats literally retarded
why the FUCK would you average it out

how do we know which one is fun or which one is efficient

My ratings don't aim to provide an orientation to newbies, I'm sorry. It just is a general evaluation of each character.

How is this compared to Overwatch? One button bullshit ultimate? Enough maps?

>Join the game
>It's a my team kinessa/andros, evie/sha-lin is complete shit episode

This show is nothing but fucking reruns. CANCEL IT!

Usually one or two ultimates per round, and they don't carry a round on their own. Kind of lacking on total maps but we're getting a new one soon. Pacing is very different, time to kill is lower, but kills count more so the pace itself isn't slower.

Honestly I'd kill to be able to have multiples of the same paladin in a single game, seriously, I can understand why it's not a thing, but I want it to be a thing.

> How is this compared to Overwatch?
Better balance and higher skill ceiling. Worse graphics, but I'm not 12 years old, then it's not a problem to me at least.

> One button bullshit ultimate?
It's quite the opposite actually. Ults have way less impact on the game in Paladins than in Overwatch.

>Enough maps?
Not a lot atm. More maps should be added in the future though.

hi-rez should allow this for the customized servers at least, along with all-talk

*time to kill is higher, my bad

Don't forget that maps aren't just giant choke points.

I'll rate the champs I normally play in each area.

Tyra 3/5
Viktor 3/5

Ying 4/5
Pip 3/5

Fernando 4/5
Barik 2/5

Skye 2/5
Buck 1/5

i haven't played in 2+ months. what has changed?

is it still super EZ to kill most solo players with pip's explosive flask loadout?

My biggest problem with OW is the ultimates and lack of map variety (since they are all so bland). Guess I will give it a try.

It's free so you don't have much to lose. It's also important to note that you'll be fighting bots until level 5.

Trying Paladins costs literally nothing now, so it's clearly worth a try. I seldomly come back to Overwatch, because it bores me after some time of gameplay. OW's huge unbalance between characters is something that puts me off too much and I feel like it lacks freshness compared to Paladins. In OW the only way to win is sticking to the "meta", which basically translates to 5 op characters and absolute shit ones; Paladins is more complexed and all of the characters in Paladins are somehow viable.

Why is siege so much better than payload?

Payload? More like Team Deathmatch because that's how everyone plays it.

Because Siege is an original game mode that works extremely well with Paladin's mechanics, whereas Payload is an old, shit game mode that only Blizzard blinded fans love. Siege also promotes individual improvement and team organization, Payload is just a good-looking toy for overgrown children.

Isn't that how people play any game mode?

>Another Kinessa pick
ok, I thought Kinessa was shit?

Kinessa isn't shit per se, it's due to bad players using her that she's got a shit reputation. Same reasoning applies to Skye, Grover and Ruckus that most people here apparently love calling underpowered.

She's shit if you can't aim. Otherwise, she's perfectly fine. Most of the hate comes from dealing with Kinessas in pubs that obviously can't aim and don't know how to play her.

lol

Skye and Grover are underpowered though. At the least Grover is able to maintain healing for the first few rounds before cauterize 3 kicks in so he's not entirely unusable, but Skye is complete and utter trash at the moment. There is absolutely no reason to pick her over any other flank. Also Ruckus is in a fine spot, not over or underpowered at the moment, so I'll agree with that one.

When the fuck are controllers going to be able to match the speed of a mouse? Console gaming was a mistake.

Being Drogoz is suffering.

Never ever.

>At the least Grover is able to maintain healing for the first few rounds before cauterize 3 kicks in
In the marvellous world of pubs and comp games below 4000 rating points, where 4 out of 5 members of each team pick either aggro or deft hands, a good Grover is deadly. Cauterize 3 would cause problems to all healers, not just Grover. A good Grover that can snipe enemies and use its loadout and moves efficiently is a huge threat.

> Skye is complete and utter trash
I still need to understand why people say this. Is it because her health is low? is it because she can't reach peculiar spots in the map like the other three flankers? is it because her peculiar ability is easy to detect? Maybe. I still think that most players can't exploit Skye to her fullest potential. Most people can't play with absolute stealth and Skye precisely needs this.
In pubs and in mid-low levels of comp games Skye is still efficient.

>drogoz without nimble

might as well paint a target on your ass

>Skye needs to be played against absolute retards to do anything
you replied yourself

>Just randomly received 15 crystals.
cool

>My rating is bad, so this champion obviously must be good!
This is such a fucking stupid argument it's unbelievable I keep seeing it pop up here. It doesn't matter at low levels whether a champion is good or bad since everyone playing is bad at the game. You can't determine if a character is good at that point, but you insisting that he's fine because of this proves how ignorant you are in trying to argue for Grover. And yes, cauterize hurts all healers, but to Grover, healing is the only thing that holds him up since his damage output is dogshit when the enemy team isn't full of bumbling children that can sidestep an axe. Bear in mind, Grover is my 5th most played, and I like him a lot, but in no way would I ever claim he's balanced at the moment.

This is just the way you intepret my previous words.

>What about Skye makes her bad?
Well, let's just compare her to the other flank champions. As far as movement options go, she is absolutely the weakest in the game. No doubt Evie and Androxus have better movement options, but even Buck is able to better use his leap to both go in and out of fights. What does Skye have? Cloak's movement speed increase, which as a whole doesn't even make you all that fast. That's not to mention that cloak doesn't work at close range since enemies begin to see you outlined AND the fact that you can buy an item to make cloak all the more useless. So if she doesn't have movement options, surely she must have damage, right? Oh wait, she doesn't, and if anything has the worst damage output of any flank. The fact that her main attack only works well at the same distance where cloak begins to fail both makes no sense and makes her fucking awful at securing kills. And let's not forget this isn't even accounting the fact that a coordinated team will communicate where the Skye is, making her stealth options even worse. I'm sure you can get kills with Skye, I've done it myself, but you cannot tell me with a straight face that Skye has ANY edge over the other flanks, meaning that yes, she IS underpowered.

>In pubs and in mid-low levels of comp games Skye is still efficient.
Again, as said before a champion playing decently against retards doesn't prove the champion is any good.

>it's a player parties up with their low level friend and drags them into your match episode

> any player that belongs to a lower rank is retarded
Wow! Elitarism at its finest. But yeah, let's overlook this little detail, even though it's what your arguments basically rely on.
Yes it's true, calling a hero good only based on low rank results is misleading, but, unless you only play with 4500+ players, I doubt that you're in the position to say what's absolutely bad, aren't you? Also there's a huge difference between good, underpowered and trash. I've watched quite a lot of high rank matches and both Grover and Skye were picked in some of them and those players did quite well.

>Wow! Elitarism at its finest.
Oh no! I'm sorry I hurt you're feelie-wheelies, but I don't give a shit. Let me try to explain again what I'm saying since you clearly still do not understand the point somehow. You are making a claim that Skye is currently not underpowered. The reason you're using is that she functions well in lower level environments. The reason this argument doesn't work is because most people in lower level environments do not know how to properly play the game in the first place. This results in practically any character, good or bad, being able to shine or do terribly. This is the equivalent on the opposite spectrum, saying that Kinessa is bad because low level people do bad with her. In order to account whether a character is is underpowered or not, you'd need to look at higher level play where people are playing at their max potential. And when an overwhelming majority of players at above even just 4000 both say Skye is awful and don't pick her in ranked games, nor do most top 8 teams in any tournaments use her, it's a safe assumption that Skye is underpowered. Just because "some teams have done well" a couple of times also does not prove your point.

>Oh no! I'm sorry I hurt you're feelie-wheelies, but I don't give a shit
lol no don't worry, I'm used to pseudo-pro close-minded people like you here, I'm definitely fine.

If that's the case, why did you completely ignore my argument?

Because you basically repeated yourself even though it wasn't necessary, since I perfectly understood what you were trying to say.

If you perfectly understood it, this post makes absolutely no sense, or you're just refusing to debate any of the points I made when comparing Skye to other flanks here You tried to say Skye was good, asked why people think she sucks, and now are throwing smug reactions to act like what I said just doesn't matter because I called you shit.

How come I'm not diamond yet?

>higher skill ceiling
I never played Overwatch. What exactly makes Paladins have a higher skill ceiling?

>Smite Announcer kicking people out
lmao

>3 flanks in a pro tournament
it is no surprise that most of casual players are retarded and play like sjit

You were saying that only good players are entitled to say when a character is good or not, whereas I think that a character being good or not is a more complicated issue and it depends on the skill range of the players they're using that character. This has nothing to do with the fact that you called me shit. You speak on behalf of 10% of the population of this game that plays this game at very high levels. I was referring to the remaining 90%. Also I think that your idea that "what good players say is law" is going a bit out of hand.

She can be very well utilized if you have a proper team working together thats watching out for her.

Of course in solo casuals you can't get that synergy, plus most kinessa players are super shit at aiming too.

No, that's not what I was saying. I definitely said a lot more in this post specifically referring to her kit and why it doesn't work or make sense which you still refuse to refute in any way. But sure, keep throwing that elitism argument out there, maybe if you say it enough you'll start believing it makes any sense.

All I know is that I am never playing kinessa, skye or sha lin again

I agree on what you said there. Have a good day!

because the system sucks dick and you sometimes get like 10 points for winning and -100 for losing

DED

>tfw 60 crystals in the last 2 hours
thx hi rez

Well, it had a good run going.
Might as well post new the skins again for those who didn't see them.

>tfw 0 crystals ever since the whole thing began

Are you using ublock?

This actually looks pretty good.

Now can we get some skins for Mal'damba, Sha Lin and Tyra?

No

I got 45 crystals and one chest yesterday.
Today I've gotten jack diddily shit.

Well done, HiRez.

3x SMITE gem drops yesterday. 4x Smite gems, 5x Paladins crystals and a Digital Loot Pack today.

pretty sweet for me.

any mal'damba mains here? does his pungent gourd reveal only to the noodle man himself or to everyone on the team?

of course, just remember to buy them when they are released as chest exclusive skins good goyim

Everyone. Not really worth it however, because it only gets applied once (the first damage tick they take from it).

it could be useful against a sha lin ult when you have a tyra on your team.

>Grover dealing the most damage in a match in a pro tourney
Who'd have thunk it.

How sad for all the damage champs in the game

Or she could just firebomb his last illusion and watch for the damage ticks.

Sha lins ult is pretty easy to deal with.

>you just won Team SoloMid for Smite!

yeah fuck you too, Low-Rez

I got three drops today.
Some amount of crystals and two chests.
All of them said "You just won Chaos Crystal" so I have no idea what was in each.

i wish i had 5 brains that all worked in parallel so instead of blaming others for losses i can only blame myself

900 damage per throw son.

>tfw sniping the Kinessa as Grover

We mainstream now.