>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/Q35HE3X5

I have absolutely no clue what you mean with this post.

>using glitches is fine if you're fighting against weapons that are already bad

?????????????????????

Where are you even going with this

Favorite spells to use?

Favorite mage weapons?

Recommend me some good unusual weapons to use in DS2 pvp.

A few ideas I'm thinking so far:
>Partizan
>Syan's Halberd
>Gyrm Great Hammer

And does anyone have some tips on making these weapons work in PvP?:
>Yorgh's Spear
>Curved Nil Greatsword
>Royal Dirk
>Red Rust Scimitar (PS?)
>Any halberd (seriously, I can't ever hit anyone with the standard halberd moveset...)
>Sacred chime Hammer

Is there a SINGLE reason why way of blue, blue sentinels and darkmoon couldn't have been made a single covenant?

I'm saying the opposite. Toggle escaping is not fine. Using it is not fine. It exisitng makes the game worse since the weapons toggling is best against also happen to be mostly bad weapons in the game.

The way the game was intended, and how it should've been is, if you're bad enough to get hit by an ultra, they get to empty their stamina on you. That's because even if they do manage to hit that, they're still weaker than the top tier weapons but would at least have something to do in PvP beside Gr8 club BS fishing.

Because they are all for different progression through playthrough. They expect way of the blue for early game, blue sentinels for mid-game, and Darkmoon for late game.

How do we stop them?

I'm still here. I can summon you with no problems with that SM.

Try any of the spider weapons, puzzle sword and royal dirk(RH)+espada ropera(LH)

Spider weapons are okay. Use the fang's r2 at close-middle range and it randomly catches people offguard so you can spam r1 while they're fatrolling. Spider silk is fairly long and it's good way to keep your distance while chipping turtles away

Puzzle sword works if you mix the R2 with R1s. R1 like you normally would to whiff and use the R2 when they're in midrange. The range on this sword is surprisingly underestimated and you can whip people when they think they got away plus the followup R2 is like a extended spear attack.

Royal dirk should be used to rollcatch people while Espada Ropera will be your main bread-and-butter to harass people. You can 2h the royal dirk for the long knife moveset or even powerstance and l1/l2 to rollcatch for huge counter damage. Espada Ropera can also parry and you can switch to a high riposte weapon to finish them off. It's a nobleman weapon set that's fancy as fuck and makes use of every move.

we kill them in ds3's second dlc

I

HAVE

GOT

Waitin'

I wanna 100% DS3 on xbone since I did the same for the previous games.

This means I have to rank up once or twice in every covenant.

Any tips?

Stay low level to get covenant activity for farron watchdogs/blue sentinels.

spitballing ideas that wouldv'e improved das3 covenants
>Warriors of Sunlight:
Whatever, they're fine
>Way of Blue:
Combined with Blue Sentinels
>Blue Sentinels:
Function as police officers, and protect other Sentinels
>Mound Makers:
Grapes function like they already do, but can summon red phantoms. Hosts being invaded by Grapes have a higher chance of being invaded by other grapes mid-invasion. Killing the host with babysitter phantoms still in world grants more shackles.
>Fingers
Like they are now, but hosts are blocked from summoning help if they are invaded by a finger, to prevent ganks
>Watchdogs:
Fine
>Dorkmoons/Faithful:
I want these two covenants to interact somehow, since they kind of take up the same space, like the area behind pontiff and anor londo. Maybe some kind of "territory control" thing? Where the two covenants invade each other back and forth, but have different spawn locations. I want it to encourage melee brawls with lots of people on both sides.

not only is this really stupid as an idea, why exactly would darkmoon be "late game" when it's literally identical to blue sentinels for practical purposes

I don't see your sign.
Let's try with the ring. I've picked the 1st god.

i'd rather they make it so grape signs look like white signs

right now grape doesn't even work because there's zero reason to ever summon one unless you just don't know any better, then you learn to never summon them again

there's no reason to even bother taking the risk when you can summon white/gold so easily

I heard about BB2 might happen this year. Is this just some clickbait garbage rags publishing idle rumours or what up?

yes

Not sure if it was you because armor and weapon was different, but thanks. No way?
I still need to kill blue Smelter Demon if you wanna help.

I guess someone else helped you

Blue sentinels should auto-summon you be summoned into other player's boss battles to help them. Should be based on similar soul level. You get reward by killing bosses.

Darkmoon should auto-summon you while a player is being invaded, prioritizing higher SL invaders. Should have no lower limit for soul level. You get rewards by killing invaders.

Way of Blue should give you priority for both covenants to come help you. You get rewards by killing invaders or bosses with either, but takes longer to level up.

Priority tiers for who gets support form Way of Blue / Blue sentinels:
>+2 priority: host is in way of the blue covenant
>+1 priority: Host is in a boss battle
>+1 Priority: for each invader the host has
>-1 Priority for each co-op phantom the host has

So if you summon 2 co-op phantoms, it's unlikely that you'll get a blue phantom supporting you. If you are invaded by 2 people (or invaded during a boss battle) you should get the highest priority for darkmoon/blue sentinel.

He looked nothing like the character in your pic, but I saw his sign both when I was not wearing the ring and when I was wearing it, so I thought maybe it was really you.
What do you say about the Smelter Demon then?

Meant as a reply to

>grape signs look like white signs
I feel it

How all DS covenants should work:

>There should be some reason to farm the covenant even if you just want to play the main story. (such as both sides of Cat Ring)
>The items obtainable from the covenant should be obtainable elsewhere even if you are not in the covenant, the covenant just gives you an alternate (and more fun) way to obtain them.
>The items required to upgrade the covenant should be obtainable elsewhere even if you are offline, the covenant just gives you an alternate (and more fun) way to obtain them.
>You should be able to level up all covenants on a single character/NG.
>The covenant should continue giving you useful rewards even at max level.
>The covenant should be necessary for most players to interact with at some point to complete the game

The ideal covenant in DS is the cat ring covenant. Darkwraith is second.

You can essentially rank how good a covenant is by how many rules it violates. Like DS2's Blue Sentinels, which violates every single one of those rules and is now basically impossible to level up.

Might as well try, but I'm not expecting anything since online in DaS2 sometimes decides to not work properly between 2 people but when trying to connect with others "it just works"

>Serpent rhymes with merchant.

Alright. I'll put the Name-Engraved Ring and choose Caitha, Goddess of Tears (3rd one).

>cat breaks 3rd rule
>darkwraith breaks 2nd and 6th

I agree with all of those except I think every covenant should have one reward tier that gives something unique and flavorable to that covenant, even if it's just a set of armor. Nothing overpowered, just mid tier stuff that you can use to show off which covenant(s) you belong to and/or like the most.
Adding to that, all of the covenants should have an interactive leader who you actually talk with, DS3 was terrible with that.

Nevermind. I see your sign without it. I summoned you and died, I think. Summoning again.

>>The covenant should be necessary for most players to interact with at some point to complete the game
This is what made me hate 2 and 3's covenants. They're a bunch of nobodies

>Partizan
take a good look at the strong attacks 1handed and 2handed, one of em sweeps left, while the other sweeps right. best spear with best moveset
>Gyrm greathammer
dont use lock-on
>Yorgh's Spear
go 2handed only, onehanded moveset sucks
hitcheck with 2H R1, if it hits, follow up with second R1. Bqckstep into sprint attack is really good as a counter
>Curved Nil Greatsword
put it in your left hand and powerstance with one of the smelter swords
>Any halberd
don't use lock-on
>Sacred chime hamner
don't use lock-on

Do all of these faggots praising this boss invasion glitch not realize how much it messes up bosses supposed to be player vs boss and nothing else if they so want? Having someone invade, and fuck up the boss for you isn't a thing most players want. If they want help they can summon help. Having a player without any interaction or anything notifying you, come in and kill your boss isn't immersive or even designed around, it's completely flawed and makes no sense.

there's no reason for way of blue to exist, it's an inherently bad idea because it requires too many things to happen for it to work

blue invaders should be able to protect eachother, or getting blues to protect you should just be a ring anyone can wear

nobody wants to join the pussy covenant when they could join a covenant that actually lets them do things, especially when there's no actual penalty for abandoning covenants anymore

Play offline

play offline if you want to ensure you aren't distracted fighting the boss

Is there a tier list for DS3's spells like there are for weapons?

Every covenant breaks at least 1 rule. Cat Covenant is the best because you don't get benefits for upgrading, so needing to be online to level it up doesn't really have an effect. That sort of half-exempts it from the "should be able to level up offline" rule.

Darkwraith doesn't break the 6th rule because Kaathe is a semi-mandatory encounter through the gameplay. You don't have to play in the covenant, but you -are- invaded throughout the game and you -can- meet Kaathe without seeking out the covenant.

Brotherhood of blood, however, is a lot worse. It's optional no matter how you choose to complete the game. You can't get the items in NG without the covenant (only NG++), you can't level up the covenant offline, there's no reason to farm it if you aren't in the covenant (all you get are effigies), etc.

Wow are you serious right now. Good thing you will never develop games.

I actually forgot that I didn't lvl ADP on this character, good fight anyway

What leggings would work best for this getup? I don't really want to go full mail or full plate, but I'm not sure if Elite Knight clashes too much.

>skinny chainmail with big bucket helmet
kek

Thanks for the help.
Actually, I didn't want to rush, I wanted help to clear the area before proceeding to the boss, but thanks anyway.
I guess I'll despawn those enemies after the lever, it will end being easier.

You have three options. Either wait patiently for it to get patched, play offline, or play unembered. Either way, stop bitching.

Well yeah, those were worn together after all.

I'd agree with that. I haven't played DS3 so I didn't realize they don't have covenant leaders.

I think part of making the covenant mandatory to notice in normal gameplay is having those NPCs.

A boss weapon covenant would be a cool idea, like Ornifex giving you reward for collecting lord souls and upgrading boss weapons.

Fuck that's the getup I was going to do for my DS3 deus vult build. I was going to use Executioner Leggings and Drakeblood Gauntlets.

>actually clearing that shithole
There's literally nothing interesting to loot from there

Wouldn't Drakeblood leave you with exposed upper arms? The only ones that cover those when wearing that body armor are Creighton's and Undead Legion, to my knowledge.

DS2 did it right by making the first 2 covenants you can join right at the start of the game the pussy covenant and the hardmode covenant.

The only reason DS2's way of the blue was broken was because blue sentinels were broken.

Make them not rely on eachother and make Way of the Blue the default early game co-op covenant and it would be useful. Make it easy enough to level up that by the time you reach Blue Sentinels / Darkmoon, you already have way of the blue leveled up, provided you stuck with it for most bosses.

Followers gauntlets and fire maiden wraps also cover your arms

DS3 does have covenant leaders, but only two of them are actual living beings, and only one of them can actually talk.

Faraam or herald leggings.

Frozen Outskirts is still my favorite DS level. It's pure nihilism.

>Nothing useful
>The only loot is a grim reminder that Lucatiel is dead and hollow
>random mob spawns
>oppressive blizzard

So much of dark souls is supposed to make you feel tense because of how restricted, crowded, and aimed against you the world is.

But Frozen Outskirts gives you open exploration but makes it feel somehow -more- terrifying than a structured, tight level.

Follower's do not, I literally tried 5 minutes ago. They leave your biceps naked.

Do I have to do yuri's side quest in order to find horrace at the smouldering lake?

>The only reason DS2's way of the blue was broken was because blue sentinels were broken.

it's a chicken/egg thing with the clusterfuck that is ds2 invasion covenants

I fail to see any reason why they don't just make it so becoming a blue invader isn't a pain in the ass for once and let them protect eachother, it just seems like a way to artifically inflate the number of covenants to keep it in line with previous games without actually having to do any work (where the fuck is my dragon/gravelord covenant in ds3?)

they made getting red orbs a pain in the ass until NG+, so there's less invasions, so there's less of a reason to be in way of blue and less things for sentinels to do because of that

this isn't really related but pve covenants that work like CoC are also a horrible idea because it has the exact opposite problem way of blue does, where it's something you have no reason to ever turn off if you're going to use it at all

No

>random mob spawns
They're not random though. Someone's even mapped them out.
You also get the best ring in the game from that area.

Sorry mate I could have sworn it was the same length as the abyss watchers gloves

Silver knight, Lothric Knight, Black Iron unless you wanna look like a pussy knight wearing normal boots

>undead match
>win
>point down
>stalk dung pie

Feels good man.

DS3 covenants sure where disappointing.
>Invasion covenant isn't required to invade infinitely, and gives you practically nothing for doing it.
>Two Blue Sentinel covenants, even though they are literally the exact same thing, down to the Way of the Blue not having a leader and needing to turn stuff in to the Darkmoon leader.
>Two territorial covenants, though only one ever sees action.
>Typical Sun covenant, but garbage rewards that you can't even claim till nearly the end of the game unless you cheese Dancer early.
>Mound-Makers.

will dlc2 save it

no, but the important thing is it'll end it

>>Two territorial covenants, though only one ever sees action.
Both see enough action, desu lad

>Implying it needs to be saved

>Invasion covenant isn't required to invade infinitely
That is a good thing.

>want to invade in 2
>your orbs are held hostage by duel cancer or ascetic farming
>want to invade in 1
>have to leave your covenant (meaning you'll lose half the rewards of some) and be a darkwraith since there's no way to get more than 10 crackeds if you don't join darkwraiths or return to it every 99 invasions

Wish fingers had something cool though. As it is, there is no reason to put on that emblem.

>That is a good thing.
Then why does the covenant exist? inb4 muh roleplay

Why did FROM remove the blue eye orb?

Question for you guys:

In my eyes, the things that make souls games worth playing are:
>Customizable combat mechanics (like a mech or sim game)
>Integrated PvP/Covenants
>Unique Atmosphere and the way they integrate Lore

Everything else is done by other games, usually better. To me, those three things are what makes it stand out as a unique game.

So my question is: Would you still play the games if it only had one of those things? If so, which one?

I've always loved Dark souls for the combat mechanics, the other two, to me, are just bonuses. I would play a dark souls game with shit atmosphere and no multiplayer if it had the same really complex customization and combat.

Because they removed Sin.

Conspiracy theory: From is delaying DS3's DLC because they know it will be a long time (mid-late 2018) until their next game release, and they want to keep hype for the company up as long as possible before that delay.

>Two territorial covenants, though only one ever sees action.
the fuck
they both see a shitload of action

wtf I love DS2 now

Souls game are essentially 3D metroidvanias with PvP so yeah.

You could remove the online functions entirely and I would get pretty much the same amount of enjoyment out of these games, minus a sideshow that goes from fun to boring after about 3 hours

I'm not saying fingers are good, I'm saying allowing everyone to invade easily is. I'd prefer something like 1's system if enemies could drop orbs, or if 2's farming methods were faster, but as it is now, 3's returns to DeS, allowing non twinks to invade earlier and not forcing you to do anything to earn invasions once you beat an early miniboss once

>posting the same webm in every thread
here is your (you)

>metroidvanias

They're Ocarina of Time gameplay + Armored Core mechanics and storytelling.

The atmosphere is also ripped entirely from Berserk.

I just saw it on a /v/ webm thread, never had seen it here before

Also fuck you everyone spams the same shitty boring webms over and over, that one at least is cool

That seems pretty stupid, it would be totally unnecessary and there would be hype and interest in anything new they were going to release.

There are games that do better customization than souls, the issue is that they're mostly not 3D/real time, but building a character in Souls isn't as interesting as one in a roguelike or RPG. They're often as imbalanced as Souls which is a plus

I'm only sticking around for invasion/coop fuckery, the only other game with a similar system I saw was some FPS and I'm not a fan of the genre. If whatever next spiritual sequel they make lacks this, or neuters it more than BB did, then I'll probably lose interest

>use red soapstone and get summoned
>put on obscuring ring
>walk around the corner
>3 gankers waiting for me
>nah, fuck that
>pelt the host with a dragonslayer greatarrow and run away
>they look around but for the love of christ can't find me
>they go back to their hole
>rinse and repeat

>the issue is that they're mostly not 3D/real time

This is basically the main reason why Armored Core stayed relatively popular for 20 years. It's souls-style customization (or rather, Souls is AC-style customization) but taken to an extreme.

I think that Souls Fans really fall into those 3 niches though. Either they like the invasions and wouldn't play the game without them, they like the customization and play things like AC, or they like the atmosphere and play souls along with Witcher and Elder Scrolls.

>that seems pretty stupid

You must be new to From Software.

If it was up to you, would you patch boss / unannounced invasions?

I'd make them a feature but separate.

You can boss invade under certain conditions but it's annouced.
You can invade without them knowing in others ways too

they should be a feature of mound makers by default

Make them a covenant, limit them only to the bosses that are otherwise not that fun.

those animations.. so bad.. those textures.. so bad.. this game is so ugly

>Souls game with customizable Bosses/AI when

Looks better than DaS1 tho