/hbg/ - Homebrew General

Hungry Borb Edition
Emulating thread: →
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Latest. Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳A9LH+Luma CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS- Same as last thread edition
>3DS
-fasthax released
-Freeshop github was DMCA'd install by following this guide → → →
-Sighax has been described as a likely successor to a9lh, and should simplify the process for unhacked consoles.
-Soundhax replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below. soundhax.com/
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, and play PSP games. No Vita games released yet.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!PRQ3lJha!aUQYkewzaPPmqKQoszMizw
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/releases/tag/17/10
amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-64GB-microSDXC-SDC10G2/dp/B0162YQHJA/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483552415&sr=1-2&keywords=kingston class 10 64gig
gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pokemon-rising-sun-and-waning-moon.451600/
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272989-mega-taiko-tatsujin-don-katsu-jikuu-daibouken-english-menu-patch-released.html
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275319-mega-taiko-tatsujin-dokodon-mystery-adventure-english-menu-patch.html
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/276149-mega-taiko-tatsujin-dokodon-mystery-adventure-dlc-builder.html
3ds.titlekeys.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

burb!!

CUUUTE

THird

what should be updated in the next thread?

So, if the hacked Vita can't play games requiring firmware 3.61+ then is there another way?

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

Pray for F00Dhax

>7 3ds's hacked since last year
>people still brick with 1 (one)

kek

Less → → → →
More Wii U news from this fucking year. There's never been mention of Haxchi or the CFWs available.

That I just fucked your mom in the ass.

Buy another Vita.
>tfw not sure if I want to just sell Shantae or not

CUTE

Now,

Post themes and home menus. Rate eachother.

What's that?
I do have 2. One I use for regular games I bought and another sitting at 3.60 waiting for the scene to evolve.

>have a 3ds that was hacked a long time ago
>want to update it to the new al9h shit
>but the hax it currently has are really old
>as in old enough to be on rxtools
>forgot how to launch into it after all these months/years
How can I backup my emunand and convert to the current hax safely?

I may be retarded but i'm getting "Failed to mount CTRNAND" and i tried the CTR transfer but i when i'm booting while pushing X i still does "failed" shit.

Can someone point out my retardation ?
>ib4 bricked

Yifan Lu's investigation into the final corner of the Vita left unhacked, the F00D lv0 encryption processor.
If it's hackable, he'll hack it. And then emunand, PSN access and 1:1 game dumps will become possible.

its payloads not playloads

Ok i just bought a New 3ds and I'm to the point in it where I used Soundhax to open up homebrew. My end goal is to get download Dragon Quest Monsters and install an English translation patch. So what should my next step or steps be after getting Homebrew open?

>playloads
kek

i knew i was retarded, thank you

follow the guide

>tfw want to talk about vita games but vitagen is pure condensed cancerous faggotry
>/hbg/ on the other hand is 3ds tech support and people complain when you talk about games here

I tried installing NTR to take screenshots, and it says current firmware not supported. It doesn't look like its been updated in over a year, is there any alternatives to taking screenshots?

Vita games are welcome here senpai

so long as they're 3.60

BootNTR.

I keep getting payload_stage1.bin doesn't exist or exceeds max size. Did I miss something?

Anyone got a guide for setting up a FTP server with 3DS. Wanna set one up so I don't have to keep taking off the backplate of my n3DS

yes

I'm on the step where I need to install arm9loaderhax, but the web page won't open from the browser. What am I doing wrong?

>utorrent
>winrar
Use qbittorrent or deluge and 7zip. Winrar sometimes gives out corrupted files and utorrent is just plain bad

Is payload_stage1 a folder or a bin file

There's one built-in in the settings.

If a game is from another region, can I play it anyway once my console is homebrew'd?

What filters should I use to find Taiko on freeshop
"Japan" and "Music" don't bring up shit

You should be able to, yes

Idk. I didn't see anything about it on the guide. I'm went through my sd to see if missed any files that I needed but I got everything from the guide.

>3DS has stopped recognizing my flashcart (SKY3DS) after CFW

Why?

Post a screenshot of your a9lh directory.

This is bizarre, you're the third person to make that exact typo that I've seen in these threads

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

In the 3DS settings?

Because Sky is shit. Don't see why it would affect it though. If anything it should benefit by making the Sky region-free.

FUCK OFF

I think it's because english is not my native language and i know the word playload and not payload.
That's not my pc, don't worry m8

No the Vita settings.

MicroSD management in data management settings. Connects to your PC on your local network and you can read your SD from there.
I personally use FTPD because I use an FTP client for other things, so it's easier for me to keep everything in one place.

Thanks. I got it installed, but how do you use it ingame? I thought you were suppose to use X&Y, but it's not letting me take screenshots when a game is loaded.

Please, can someone at least remind me what the default button to access rxtools might have been?

Cool I tried that, computer doesn't seem to be picking it up though. Looks like I'll have to fiddle with some things

L on boot? hope it's not ds profile old

do i have to delete nintendo 3ds folder in the sd card before copying the contents of starter.zip?

>Where da lewd themes at?
mega.nz/#F!PRQ3lJha!aUQYkewzaPPmqKQoszMizw

not nintendo 3ds
3ds
read the guide and only do what it says

Jfc. My 2DS kept freezing at dukesrg.github.io and no one could solve the problem so I tried to set up CFW on my N3DS and now it's freezing at the same spot. How do I keep managing to fail at this?

is arm11.bin on the root

L didn't work, and neither did any of the other keys. Are there any ways left to launch the homebrew app in 9.2?
Also, what do you mean by "ds profile old"?

Yes

Rusty's dlc still doesn't work ;_;

what happens if you go on dukesrg with a computer

DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
>DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
>DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
>DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
>DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?
>DRAGON QUEST VIII WHEN?

What are some must-have games on the 3DS?

>doesnt know jack shit
>2 vitas
Cringe.

did you hold them when powering on though and you could just launch it through any entrypoint soundhax would be good, in the new guide everything is done from sysnand so if you want to upgrade don't even worry about it and ds profile is the mset exploit older than whatever you have

Backup/Delete boot.3dsx, get a new one from smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
Follow the guide as if you're in 9.2 sysnand (because that'll be what you're in) and go from there. Later on you'll be able to restore your emunand into sysnand

Sorry about that. Got busy with something else.

how many times have you tried and does it crash or do you get the glitched screen? also post your root

same and everything is where it should be. What's up with the page?

sighax when

payload_stage1 and payload_stage2 should be in there. Go back and read the section about preparing to install a9lh.

>tfw surrounded by children and retards

You're missing the payload files
github.com/AuroraWright/arm9loaderhax/releases/tag/17/10
>Copy the contents of the arm9loaderhax release .7z to a9lh folder on your SD card

be careful when using the browser exploit. even giving gyro input fucks it up for some reason. whenever I would load a payload from an exploit I would be really careful not to press anything or even shake my 3DS because of gyroscopic sensor input. for some reason input can cause interference and even a crash. just let it sit, make sure you time loading the page correctly and don't rush loading it or it will cause a crash. generally being careful when loading the exploit will make it work without issues. if you were already careful then just check the files are in the right places and are the right file size after you downloaded them. if you corrupted the download that will mess with your success with it too. account for every part of it that could lead to it crashing and make sure you didn't miss anything. otherwise it's just generally buggy and loading the exploit requires luck and you just have to keep trying.

Anyone got experience with working with NTR for streaming? Got it set up finally but the FPS is abysmal

I'm about to a9hl the shit out of my 3DS but I have some questions I'd like to make before, just to be sure I won't make any irreversible shit.

· Following the 3ds.guide there's a section where you make a NAND.bin backup and later on you restore it after you patch the inner sys ROMs of the 3DS. By what I understand, this NAND.bin is a kind of "ticket" to verify that your games are, in fact, yours. But is that really it? Should I back more stuff up before proceeding?

· How's online play? Is it safe to play online and use online services with a cIOS? I read that you can update the system with the builtin 3DS option without any issue.

>There's never been mention of Haxchi or the CFWs available.

But there had, newfriend.

That's just the power of the New Nintendo 3DS

nand.bin is enough for everything, installed games, saves, etc

Online is fine, just don't go online before a game is officially released, you know, common sense stuff.

niggers tell me does this shit works for the 3DS?

amazon.com/Kingston-Digital-64GB-microSDXC-SDC10G2/dp/B0162YQHJA/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483552415&sr=1-2&keywords=kingston class 10 64gig

I've tried twice on the N3DS and about 15 on the 2DS. I have to do something so I won't be back for about 5 hours, but I'll post root when I do.

Is DSiWare stored to system memory? I think I remember something like that. How big is system memory?
Also it may sound dumb but are DSiWare titles ok to download on freeshop

Sounds good. Thanks for the explanation.
???

So to use the Wood R4 launcher I just have to install the CIA to my 3DS and have the firmware on my R4 cart, right?

Thanks. I kept going over it but I guess I continuously missed that part.

you have to patch the dsiware signature checks for them to load on the 3DS same as GBA.

Are there any Pokemon SM romhacks up yet?

Yo user, how do I make my own VC injects?

First I'm interested in making a VC inject of the Metroid II DX patch and other stuff like obscure games with translation patches.

Like 200 MB

Yes faggot.

I'm having trouble with FCE Ultra GX on my Wii.

I follow the instructions, put all the roms in the specified folder, though on my USB, and boot it up. But I'm getting no options. What I get is a screen like this, but without buttons, no list, no scroll bar, no "choose game". I just get the red banners with the logo in the top right. that's it. I can click on the logo for the credits. That's all. Can't find any menu.

So just follow the >9.0 branch of 3ds.guide like normal? Seems easy enough.
Will I be able to restore the emunand at the end or is there some weird certain step I have to do it at?

Freeshop is back. You can remove that shitty guide

Should I use a clean SD card or should I use the one already with all my games?

gbatemp.net/threads/wip-pokemon-rising-sun-and-waning-moon.451600/

Short follow up: does it matter if the emunand's version is not 11.2 when I swap it onto the a9lh sysnand?

no

You'll reach a point in the guide, where it'll tell you that you can move your emunand. The exact wording is
"If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND instead of doing the first step in this section."
So you can look out for it. And now posting that I just noticed a mistake. For reference, it should be "Move EmuNAND then go to step 6" instead of "Move EmuNAND instead of doing the first step in this section"

Use the one you have now. Just make sure you have enough space on it. Around 2-4gb should be enough for backups and stuff.

No, you'll update to 11.2 right after restoring emunand

They are not on freeshop. 3dsiso has english menu patches of the 2nd and 3rd game. You'll have to find the japanese cia of first game.
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/272989-mega-taiko-tatsujin-don-katsu-jikuu-daibouken-english-menu-patch-released.html
3dsiso.com/cia-downloads/275319-mega-taiko-tatsujin-dokodon-mystery-adventure-english-menu-patch.html

Mystery Adventure also has a custom DLC builder for 250 extra songs:
3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/276149-mega-taiko-tatsujin-dokodon-mystery-adventure-dlc-builder.html

DS LOADING IS PERFECT

Also you can find the official updates and patches for the Taiko games by searching for 太鼓 on 3ds.titlekeys.com/