>inb4 muh mclaren f1 and muh bmw v12 lmr
unicorns

>giant plastic cover over everything
>wow what a clean engine!

both wrong

lol shit europoor and americuck v8s
call me when you dominate lmp2 lolthnx

Woah, pay respects youngsters

One of the best, certainly. Toyota meme reliability, but bulky as shit. You'd have no chance of fitting one of these into an SW20.

LS-whatever wins for most compact and with shitloads of aftermarket support, but it's also primitive and gets beat by OHC engines of equal displacement.

Patrician choice as long as you've got pockets deep enough for it.

this

Can you please stop posting your shitbox-"engines" yes?

Here is the best V8 ever built, gentlemen.

you can all fuck off now

carbs are kinda cool desu

>but bulky as shit
true, but that SOUND man

youtube.com/watch?v=eip7LgN1Sys

I would like to see a flatplane V-8 made out of to F20C.
>NA 4L V-8
>9000rpm
>480-500hp

>no aftermarket
meh its ok and it loves forced induction but its no LS

/thread

Just dont posti your shit engines.

>implying the best v8 isnt the Ford 429

Total shit compared to Ford's 302

>Twice the rotating mass
>Same rev limit
kek

The only differenve would be in the crankshaft, every other part is already capable of 9000rpm.
Stuff like this already has been done before, just look at the rb26 V12...

try again children

it definitely was the best back then but now AMG makes even better ones.

This powered the fastest ever street legal lap of the Nurburgring despite only having a 2.7L displacement,

The '49 Rocket was revolutionary but not the best at all.

If you want the best you need to go ahead twenty or so years.

u wot m8?

Also I just noticed whoever 'tastefully modded' that engine included a driver's side valve cover with an oil filler cap despite the gigantic vertical oil fill tube at the front-left of the engine being one of the most readily identifying and notable parts of the Rocket.

What a fag.

wedge mopar

>Street legal
>No cats, mufflers, or windshield

My car doesn't have cats and it's street legal.

No need for shit like cats, mufflers and windsheilds in the UK

As long as it passes the yearly emissions inspection you have to do when it hits three years old, you're fine. You can do an ECU tweak for the inspection and you'll be fine.

Here it is.

It had cat and mufflers, it even drove to the track from the factory to prove it was road legal just to piss of idiots like you.

It's a piece of art.

The engine was revised, with power increased to 445 kW (597 hp) at 9,000 rpm, 540 N·m (398 lb·ft) of torque at 6,000 rpm.[

What is it?

Nothing special. I like the cross plane F136 in QPs and GTs more on the street.

Enough eurojunk, time for the actual greatest V8

That's a coolant port on the 455, even says "do not open hot" on the lid.

>no 2 stroke diesel V8

Its like you fags can't into V8's.

youtube.com/watch?v=98CTHm3Xn0Q

Ah, redneck science. simple enough.

Engines from the fix it again tony performance series are always pretty and sound nice and make potent power out the factory.

Viking engineering is really advanced.

Will these cost me more than the GDP of Germany to maintain?

I think Honda should release a production V8 engine in a sports car.

S B C
B
C

350 VORTEC

because it's the 2uz with that delicious iron block

that's a funny way of spelling S65. Close though.

No shit, I never knew that, I thought it was the oil filler like on every other Rocket from the 303 to the 307.

Is it like that on all 455s, all the tall-deck Rockets, only some of them, or what? i.e. I don't see any other oil fill cap on this one.

it's street legal like those street outlaws fags are street legal

>he lives in a cuck state/country

a ferrarree foe fie ate asspeciale

I haven't been impounded yet=it's street legal

Holy fuck that is wonderful.

way better than that gimmickey ohc engine

Let me know when any of your shitty V8s make 8,000 horsepower.

an aggressive cam and you will be pushing 4 figure ponies with none of that forced induction BS

351 Cleveland

Let me know when your shitty V8 can idle for more than 30 seconds, and doesnt melt its sparkplugs.

You're delusional if you think a camshaft gives you 900+ horsepower.

OP means an engine that lets you turn corners not a bench queen

It already breaks the laws of physics, what more do you want it to do?

Scania V8 is best V8

> Power
> Reliability
> Looks
> Did I mention power?

Tree fiddy

Yeah I love the ls but you are retarded

Greatest sounding engine ever made hands down

Agreed. 998 cubic inches of European muscle.
Fun fact, Scania and Mack co developed the bottom end and was utilised between both Scania 164s and the E9 powered Macks. Not 100% that the current Scania DC16 is related to the old 164 motor, but I know they share bore and stroke.

Now Scania helps Cummins so Cummins don't forget how to make engine and transmissions.

Those old Macks are nice because they sound just like Scania trucks.
Those R580 straight pipers are the roaring thunder of Thor.

No idea why the yanks abandoned it for the wheezing windsor. Worked out well for Australia though

I honestly think it's a crying shame Mack was snapped up by Volvo. D13 and D16 disguised as an MP8 and 10 just isn't the same.
If only the other Swedish brand acquired them we'd be back in the age of eight cylinder bulldogs.

Indeed.
While Volvo have 750HP trucks, they sound so gutless and boring.

Also, how is that it's always Volvo and Scania fighting over the #1 spot, when there are so many other truck brands out there?

I mean, American trucks are all have low HP and even more pathetic torque figures.

Because the Windsor is a much lighter engine. Combined with Boss style heads, the Windsors breathed as well as the Clevos without the weight penalty.
Also worth noting the tall deck Windsors are able to achieve a greater stroke than the Clevo alternative.

How many Windsors actually got BOSS style heads? Also I don't know about Mustangs but we couldn't fit tall deck Windsor in our Falcons the best we could do was stroke the 302 out to 347 and add GT40 heads

Also worth noting MAN's 680hp V8 model too.
I reckon the reasoning behind the exorbitant figures the Euro trucks can achieve can be directly associated with the fact they develop their own in house engines to perform within their own cab, and can maximise outputs without sacrificing anything in terms of duty cycle. Where as the American engine manufacturers develop kind of a one size fits all type of powerplant, that isn't necessarily restricted to trucks either, but commonly see duty in fixed plant scenarios like gen sets and pumps.

Also can't forget the majority of flagship American engines these days are "only" 15 litres compared to the European big three's 16 litres.

That's what I've always put it down to anyway. Can't put a citation on that, as it's just my baseless theory.

They didn't want to spend the money emissions certifying their production race engine when they weren't going racing anymore. Explains why it continued in Oz where no significant investment was necessary for many years after.

The joke ended up being on them anyway since they had to kludge together the M a bit over a year later to meet demand for engines in that displacement.

youtube.com/watch?v=kz70cXFrQ5A

>How many Windsors actually got BOSS style heads?
Absolutely zero from the factory. That didn't start to become popular until late in the Eighties when good Cleveland blocks were getting thin on the ground but people had significant investment in Cleveland cylinder head work. Then there were some people that faked Boss 302's with standard 302 blocks because Boss blocks cost too much and were fairly hard to come by even if you had the cash. Again due to the end of the Total Performance era by fiat of King Henry II

With the advent of good Windsor style cylinder heads in the 90's there's no reason to play with Clevors or Bogus Boss's unless you just want to.

Stock cam is good for 350rwhp that's plenty for most people.

Realistically 450-550 with a big cam and heads

You're mistaking rwhp for flywheel hp.

8000hp is about 5880kw it runs for what 10 seconds at full power so thats 16.33kwh and then its scrap. Let me know whenyour shitty v8 can output more energy than a kei car doing a shopping run.

Not you again go educate yourself.

Stock ls1 can put out 300rwhp+ with just intake and exhaust plus a mafless tune.

Yanks mod LS1 with big cam and cathedral heads and put out 500rwhp n/a

This machine kills Hemis

>then its scrap
implying
the plugs and clutch are toast but pretty much everything else is kept for inspection and reuse unless the car blows up during the run
the block, crank and cam get reused right away unless it blew up or there is an obvious sign of trouble like spun bearings or flattened cam or whatever

>M156
>Mercedes V8 thats glued together with gel

mostly transmission/clutch and some new plugs
if the elephant couldnt handle that, they wouldnt still be burning up alcohol every weekend during the summer for the past 50 years

How much does a Rover V8 weigh compared to an LS1?

>best v8
>not sbc
*teleports behind you* nothing personal kiddo

Literally bullet proof.

About 50kg lighter when dry

Euro trucks also kinda need that power since we pull 60-80 tons compared to the American 40 tons.

My mom's got the Lexus Soarer with the 1UZ. It's a good engine but it far from the best. I'd reckon the best V8 is the LS3.

FURD 4.6 FTW

Why? Because my car happens to have it.

fuck the AU was ugly

Worst V8 as well so piss weak

What is the best V12 and why is it 2 2JZs welded together?

>that 3d printed turbo

I wonder when we'll be able to 3d print our own engines.

I've been debating myself about getting a Lincoln mark 8 just for the 32v 4.6

How in the fuck do you faggots have this thread every day and not get it through your thick fucking domes that the 426 Hemi is the greatest engine ever devised.

Not the greatest V8.

The greatest engine.

Today.

Too bad the laser sintering printer you need to do it could buy multiple ACR Sneks.

Pretty much the same, maybe the LSx is a fraction lighter.

afaik only the turbine housing was 3d printed

Those cars are completely Street legal in the state they happen to be registered in.